Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was interesting.

I like how Kei is developing his powers more and more in relations with his Ajin. Cat and mouse game continues with agents dispatched to hunt down suspected individuals. I also hate to admit it but Satou's plan including the usage of media waves (Ajin.net or whatever) is quite clever.

Mar 4, 2016 10:27 AM
Apr 2014
Ajin.net is here: http://www.ajin.net/
Mar 4, 2016 7:46 PM

Apr 2015
Kei being reluctant to help out the elderly woman, lol. And Nakano had luckily gotten out of sight through another one's help. Decent episode. Seems like both will confront each other in the next one.
Mar 4, 2016 8:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kei is starting to feel more mysterious as his behavior is very weird. He seems like the guy that does something only because it's "right", not because it's "good". Great episode though. Also that website: http://www.ajin.net/

5/5
Mar 5, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
Kei is fooling an old woman :X
Mar 5, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2015
Aghh, really frustrated they excluded Barrel Man's IBM and Kou warning the guy to let go (it helped established his caring personality).

Still, I like the newly added scenes (like the ones with the grandma) and drug guys already know each other (good bye Drug Guy 1's ugly outfit)
ChoooneMar 5, 2016 11:37 PM
Mar 5, 2016 11:29 PM

May 2015
wow Kei is a better person than me I would've taken the old lady's groceries and peaced out! Poor new kid having to jump to escape, must hurt like a MF. This makes me think it's a hint that his IBM is the winged one
Mar 6, 2016 12:56 AM

Mar 2015
CtrlZED said:
wow Kei is a better person than me I would've taken the old lady's groceries and peaced out! Poor new kid having to jump to escape, must hurt like a MF. This makes me think it's a hint that his IBM is the winged one

Mar 6, 2016 2:42 AM

Apr 2015
Good show. The MC seems like a toprate superjerk.
Mar 6, 2016 8:18 AM
Apr 2014
Kei is a selfish asshole, the new kid would probably fit the role of the cliche good boy caring MC I'm gonna protect muh friends and defeat ze evil hur.
Mar 7, 2016 4:59 PM

Jun 2014
Lol some of the faces Kei was making in this episode were pretty fucking hilarious. Kinda reminds me of myself sometimes. I like how we're really starting to see more of Kei's true nature. Like someone else said above, he seems like he only does the right thing because of pre-established societal expectations, not because he's actually a good person. It seems like that Nakano guy is planning to find Kei and maybe team up with him, that would be kind of cool to see. And whatever sketchy shit Satou has planned definitely sounds interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2016 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
We are see more Kei's true nature.

Good to see Kei helped the old lady out!

It seems like that Nakano guy is planning to find Kei and teaming up with him!
Mar 7, 2016 5:44 PM

Dec 2012
Satou recruiting Aijin's to help kill lots of people. Not everyone is in agreement. Nakano the only one to escape.
He sure has got some bad luck. Falling off the building and landing into those electric wires and then getting run over by Izumi and still somehow survived.
Kei learning how to summon his IBM.
Seems like these two will eventually meet.
Satou declaring his first act of terrorism online.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 7, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2014
Very nice episode, everything was adapted well. Unfortunately, Naruto 2.0 was introduced and he will become an active MC, but it's okay. Kei's faces were priceless, and the way he pretends to care is just... well, fitting for a sociopath like him.

I cannot wait until

~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 7, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2011
Satou and his Ajin team begin their opeation

Kou OMG FukuJun <333333

He and Kei would make a great team.
Mar 7, 2016 6:54 PM

Feb 2013
Tlahuizcapante said:
CtrlZED said:

Oh, so that's why he was standing at the meeting place rather than hiding and having one over there. I thought he was just being dumb/inexperienced. haha
Mar 7, 2016 7:46 PM

Sep 2013
wow..so there is really a website AJIN.net lol :D check this out, minna.....

and what's the fuc**ng protagonist doing?? i guess he is the only one who isn't in any action :P damn fuc**ng boring...
Mar 7, 2016 8:51 PM

Jan 2015
fortuna89 said:

and what's the fuc**ng protagonist doing?? i guess he is the only one who isn't in any action :P damn fuc**ng boring...
Well, it looks like he doesn't make any progress. Just traveling here and there. But this Anime, I guess it doesn't just focus about Kei alone. Previous episode is like focusing on Tosaki and the current with Satou and his new ally "meeting". So "bear with it" is all I can say, I guess
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 7, 2016 9:04 PM

Sep 2013
Mascera said:
fortuna89 said:

Well, it looks like he doesn't make any progress. Just traveling here and there. But this Anime, I guess it doesn't just focus about Kei alone. Previous episode is like focusing on Tosaki and the current with Satou and his new ally "meeting". So "bear with it" is all I can say, I guess

well, this is one hell of a flop character for Mamoru-san I have seen in ages :(
Mar 7, 2016 9:37 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. Was slightly disappointed with some of the changes made with the Ajin meeting but whatever.

It was cool to have Nakano introduced. Can't wait for him and Kei to meet up.

Satou continues to be hype. Final line sent chills down my spine.
Mar 7, 2016 10:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Chooone said:

Still, I like the newly added scenes (like the ones with the grandma) and drug guys already know each other (good bye Drug Guy 1's ugly outfit)

Same, I think it made the flow better too, instead of us just suddenly seeing Kei with the grandma. Polygon Pictures really delivers with their adaptations so far imo regarding pacing and how faithful it is to the source material, while only cutting down a few small scenes.

nisaliet said:
The reluctant faces Kei was making in this episode are just funny. Now that he isn't quite in the society he could roll eyes whenever he wants to lol.

Yeah I found myself really liking all the expressions the characters make in this so far, especially Kei and Kou's in this episode.

Speaking of Kou, I laughed when he was laughing about how his neighbor called the ambulance and saved his ass from Tosaki. The paramedics just thought Kou hit his head really hard, lol. They're kind of bad paramedics though, they just left him and if he wasn't an Ajin, he really would've died instead of resetting. I didn't know Kou would be voiced by FukuJun. Like Mamo and Kei, I don't think FukuJun really fits Kou, but it's not a terrible fit either I guess.

Liking how far they're going with Ajin.net XD
Mar 8, 2016 5:30 AM
Apr 2014
fortuna89 said:
Mascera said:

well, this is one hell of a flop character for Mamoru-san I have seen in ages :(

You will take back your comment in ep 9
Mar 8, 2016 5:32 AM

Sep 2013
itachan1995 said:
fortuna89 said:

You will take back your comment in ep 9

I hope for the best to take my comment back...actually I want to, for the good of us viewers :D
Mar 8, 2016 6:40 AM
Jan 2015
This remains really captivating in terms of showing us the conflicting views on human nature. Man, that cat and mouse chase. I am really digging it.

And oh, Kei remains a sociopath. Great.

uhmm... a bit of plugging my blog. Thank you for paying this site a visit. :)
Mar 8, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. Kei continues to show some hints of kindness and that he isn't as heartless as he is lead out to be. Lucky for him the old lady was nice.

The new kid of freaked me out a bit, but I am curious on how what role he will play when he meets Kei. Satou gathering his army by force + that video he made is just scary :c
It felt pretty real.
Mar 8, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode, even if Kou got super lucky to get out of every single situation that he happened to end up in. Also, interesting to see Satou finally putting his plan into action, especially witn that sinister video of his at the end.
Mar 8, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2009
nisaliet said:

The reluctant faces Kei was making in this episode are just funny. Now that he isn't quite in the society he could roll eyes whenever he wants to lol.

LOL I loved these scenes. Kei's expressions are the best.
Mar 8, 2016 10:31 AM

Sep 2015
Wow there's more Ajin, I never thought they would gather together. I'm feeling more happy for Kei, finally. He seems to be in a little bit of peace and has more time to clear his mind. This is the first episode that made me laugh a little, because of the other Ajin's face whilst in the ambulance of course.
Mar 8, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2015
So more (Ajin) characters appeared. Looks like that wasn't the last time we would see them. It's getting more interesting. Good episode. It was also hilarious how that stupid hit Satou as well, lmao.

Mar 8, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
So Sato's plan is mass murder. Of course not all the ajins who gathered have psychopathic tendencies so four of them disagree with the plan. When they disagreed, I had this terrible feeling that something bad is going to happen – Sato just won't let them go that easily. I did think last week that if any one of those ajins refused to go along with the plan, Sato could just behead them. Seems like he is only trapping them. Two people manage to avoid getting hit – the guy most openly opposing Sato, and the kid, Kou. And the man gets caught but Kou gets away.

And Tosaki spots Kou in the tv channel video, following something invisible with his eyes. And he has some goons sent after him to get him.

Kou had his ajin identity a secret and now people know he's an ajin which puts him at a disadvantage as now he will have to shake off those people after him and if word gets out many more people will be after him. And he's the only one out there who knows Sato's plan and his hideout and the faces of those aiding him. He's got a lot of stuff to do and now he's also spotted Kei's IBM while he was experimenting. And they can trust each other since they're both against Sato and are on the run.

Meanwhile, Kei accidently knocked down an old-fashioned lady from her bicycle and reluctantly helped her out. And that woman takes him to her home to give him something as thanks for helping her. And this old woman doesn't care whether Kei is human or ajin. And this shows that Kai was right – there will be people somewhere who don't care whether you're human or ajin. If you look like a human, you may as well be one.

And now having gotten a little break from running away, Kei is testing out his IBM and is practicing with it which has drawn the attention of Kou.

This was a brutal episode. Tosaki freakin rammed his car into Kou who was already injured having fallen from the seventh floor. Shimomura knew exactly the pain Kou was going through. She km that Kou was going through hell but she couldn't do anything against Tosaki and she couldn't bring herself to ram the car into an already injured guy. Shimomura does seem reluctant to do quite a lot of things and is scared of Tosaki. Maybe she'll leave Tosaki at some point and join Kei's party or something possibly after Tosaki tells her to do something extremely brutal and inhumane to an ajin.

Sato's mass murder plan is stupid. It will only make people hate ajins – and most people are indifferent towards them if they don't hate them. The anti Sato ajin man tried to knock some sense into Tanaka but probably couldn't.
Mar 8, 2016 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
Maledict said:
Very nice episode, everything was adapted well. Unfortunately, Naruto 2.0 was introduced and he will become an active MC, but it's okay. Kei's faces were priceless, and the way he pretends to care is just... well, fitting for a sociopath like him.

I cannot wait until

The hype is real for next episode
Mar 8, 2016 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode. Really interested to find out more about Kei's character.
Mar 8, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2016
Training training training! choo choo!

Expecting some impactful **** next episode!

Kei's face when he was contemplating helping the lady or not was great.

Mar 8, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2014
I love Kei's facial expressions.

Satou is scary and badass as always.

Man Ajin is probably my 2nd favorite this season now. It keeps getting better, and I'm loving it even more.

Also Ginger boy got that bad end of the stick making an enemy out of Satou :/
Mar 9, 2016 2:48 AM

Dec 2013
GWAlistair said:
Maledict said:

I cannot wait until

The hype is real for next episode

MAXIMUM THRILL!!!
Mar 9, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2016
Interesting all new faces as well and the story are still going on and on

Both of them are interesting, but i think Nakano Kou's appearence astonished me more a while especially those face.. xD

We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Mar 9, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2008
I really liked the exchange between the blue shirted ajin and Tanake after he shot him, specially Tanaka's face as the man tells him that panic will make the whole nation hunt ajins.
Good episode and the facial animating was notably fine. I liked the granny's awkward eye movements as they listened to the news.
TunpaMar 9, 2016 7:59 AM
Mar 9, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
his shirt is cool lol and shit is about to get more epic
Mar 9, 2016 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Wow, what a totally unpredictable turn of events!!!!1!!!!

How TF did they get FukuJun to voice this shit
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 9, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Loved the episode, especially the ambulance scene. It was so different of the previous scene eh.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Mar 9, 2016 10:28 PM

Jun 2014
"Brace for impact" HOT DAMN

Also the facial features are so funny
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 9, 2016 10:59 PM
Jul 2015
Kei is literally the best protag from any anime I've seen simply because he feels like a realistic character who is ordinary vs some caricature or overhyped or overpowered MC/protagonist.

his facial expressions and side-eyes gave me life.
Mar 10, 2016 9:53 AM
Mar 2016
Episodes 1-7 were just fine and nothing else but this one changed my mind about Ajin completly. If it keeps that level it will become a good anime.
no signature signature
Mar 10, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
nogitsunechaos said:
Kei is literally the best protag from any anime I've seen simply because he feels like a realistic character who is ordinary vs some caricature or overhyped or overpowered MC/protagonist.

his facial expressions and side-eyes gave me life.

I mean, to me he seems like a high-functioning sociopath, but I agree that he is an interesting character.
Mar 10, 2016 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
So we have a Kei, a Kai, and now a Kou. Really creative names xD
Mar 10, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2015
Lol Kei really is a dick...
Satou's last line, 'Brace for impact'. Just got me more hyped for what's about to come.

Mar 10, 2016 7:15 PM

Oct 2008
Another cool episode!
We have another Ajin who is the about the same age as Kei...name is Kou...this kid has some cool evasion moves!
Tanaka sucks at being a marksman!
Kei is studying his own ajin and taking note but leaving a vertical black matter like that is a risky idea that could also alert demi-human fellows!
Poor Kou falling again for the 2nd time and not only that! getting hit by a car damn! at least he died and reset again thx to ajin powers and will escape again.
The video stream of Satou "ajin.net" is the actual website of this show!
looks like next episode, Kou will confront with Kei and would be getting along.
5/5.

Edit: LOL at Kei's tshirt: "ALL MEN BY NATURE DESIRE KNOWLEDGE" this should have been all men by nature are perverts.haha!
matias067Mar 10, 2016 7:20 PM

Mar 11, 2016 1:53 AM

Jul 2009
Ok, Satou is evil and Kei is trying to lean more about his powers.
Mar 11, 2016 8:55 AM
Apr 2014
Adrasteiax said:
So we have a Kei, a Kai, and now a Kou. Really creative names xD

Tanaka Kouji, too
Mar 12, 2016 3:42 AM

Jan 2016

anyway i like the new kid. I think he'll team up with Kei.

4/5

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeMay 16, 2021 8:10 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.