Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »
Feb 7, 2016 7:24 PM

Jun 2008
What's the old saying....

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Congrats to the Broncos and Manning....ride off towards that golden sunset....you deserve it.
Feb 7, 2016 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
Broncos defence GOAT.
Feb 7, 2016 7:27 PM

Mar 2012
*cryingjordansuperimposedoncam'sface.jpg*
Feb 7, 2016 7:28 PM

Jun 2008
TravSavage said:

SOMEONE DO IT RIGHT NOW!
Feb 7, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2008
@CarolinaPanthers....

Don't worry....muh Cats will avenge your death....the Panthers will have their day...

#BRINGTHECUPTOSOUTHBEACH
Feb 7, 2016 7:36 PM

Jun 2008
Poor Vince Lombardi trophy....being kissed and groped by so many dudes against it's will....

#Trophylivesmatters
Feb 7, 2016 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
congrats to broncos.
eh. a bit dull match for a casual viewer like me tho.
Feb 7, 2016 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
So Broncos won...heh. Not a fan of either team so I didn't really care that much. Grats though.
Feb 7, 2016 7:55 PM
Feb 2014
All great things come to an end. And as Ray Lewis first said, "Defense wins championships."

My team didn't win it all this year, but it's been one terrific season as it was. We'll be in Houston exactly one year from now, so we got a lot to plan before we make that trip. Let's Go Hawks.
AqutanFeb 7, 2016 8:00 PM
Feb 7, 2016 7:55 PM
Sep 2014
Puppy Bowl > Super Bowl
Feb 7, 2016 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
Wow can't believe I watched the whole thing and didn't watch most of last years.
Such a horrible super bowl man.
It would've been way too funny if Peyton got the MVP
Jesus Walks
Feb 7, 2016 8:06 PM
Feb 2014
One last post before we end the season right here.

My first NFL jersey I ever owned was a Peyton Manning Colts jersey when I was 6 or 7 years old, and seeing him ride off in the sunset (which is to be expected) is going to make me wonder how different the NFL will be without him. Simms was right, this is indeed the way one walks out of the NFL. A winner, not a loser. Not only did he win his 2nd Vince Lombardi Trophy, but today he passed Brett Favre for the most wins of all time. Football, if it's about winning, makes you wonder if the amount of games won, every last one that counted, is to be accounted for one's greatness. The rest of the world will look to Tom Brady as the best of all time, but let's just wait and see unless he passes him. For now, the greatest of all time, could have just been Peyton's wonderful career right here, regardless of being 2-2 in Super Bowls (Bring it on Kagami!).

Peyton, thanks for making the NFL great. In my book, you are the greatest quarterback to ever play the game (well of course unless Russell Wilson wins another championship but who am I kidding?), the NFL will definitely not be the same at all without you. Salute!
AqutanFeb 7, 2016 8:11 PM
Feb 7, 2016 8:08 PM
Feb 2012
PANTHER FANS ON SUICIDE WATCH
Feb 7, 2016 8:17 PM
Sep 2014

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 7, 2016 8:35 PM

May 2008
YEAH!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

People are still setting off fireworks outside... XD
Feb 7, 2016 8:38 PM
Feb 2014
https://twitter.com/moneylynch/status/696525541826924546

And a salute to The Beast himself for becoming more than just an icon to me. I wore your jersey today for a reason.
Feb 7, 2016 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Feels good knowing I'll be collecting some easy money tomorrow. Thanks, Broncos. :)
Feb 7, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2014
TravSavage said:

30char limits well 15 <_<
Eat Me
Feb 7, 2016 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
Final word on season....it was horrible, both for my team and for my enthusiasm of football.

This is why casual fans are often times bandwagon fandoing and why it's so much easier to do that...

I've always considered myself a loyal and TRUE fan, but I'm honestly pretty tired of it.

I'll still root for the Fins no matter what...but my days of being overly invested are done

I'm taking a hockey approach to football....call me if the Fins ever decide to build a real team, if not, I'll spend my time elsewhere.

My interest level on football this season was at an all time low....and unless something drastically changes, it'll remain that way next year too.
Feb 7, 2016 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
Peyton didn't win that game, period. That Denver D were beasts out there and Cam Newton was exposed as an idiot on live TV. Cam likely thought being young and fast was enough to win SB 50. Sorry Cam, you'll never be as good as GOAT with 4 rings Brady, Peyton and Wilson.

DIVE FOR THE BALL CAM!

Jeesh, see you in five years when you're as irrelevant as Vick.
Feb 7, 2016 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
Rinshansan said:
One last post before we end the season right here.

My first NFL jersey I ever owned was a Peyton Manning Colts jersey when I was 6 or 7 years old, and seeing him ride off in the sunset (which is to be expected) is going to make me wonder how different the NFL will be without him. Simms was right, this is indeed the way one walks out of the NFL. A winner, not a loser. Not only did he win his 2nd Vince Lombardi Trophy, but today he passed Brett Favre for the most wins of all time. Football, if it's about winning, makes you wonder if the amount of games won, every last one that counted, is to be accounted for one's greatness. The rest of the world will look to Tom Brady as the best of all time, but let's just wait and see unless he passes him. For now, the greatest of all time, could have just been Peyton's wonderful career right here, regardless of being 2-2 in Super Bowls (Bring it on Kagami!).

Peyton, thanks for making the NFL great. In my book, you are the greatest quarterback to ever play the game (well of course unless Russell Wilson wins another championship but who am I kidding?), the NFL will definitely not be the same at all without you. Salute!

4 rings, 5 straight AFC championships, 10 AFC championships in total vs 2 rings and numerous 1 and done. Peyton is great, but Brady has the edge.
Feb 7, 2016 9:08 PM
Feb 2014
Clamor said:
TravSavage said:

based as fuck. this guy knows his shit.
Feb 7, 2016 9:08 PM

Jan 2015
Just what I thought may happen the Defense showed up. Defense wins championships and it was disappointing to see Cam's postgame press conference. Glad to see Peyton ride into the sunset...Top 10 QB's for sure maybe top 5.
JustALEX said:
FUN FACT:

I was actually a volunteer at Super Bowl XLIV for the halftime show....

That one was the one with "The Who"....

I got to see the whole show from the sidelines.....it was very awesome.

So fucking jealous you lucky motherfucker.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 7, 2016 9:13 PM

Jun 2014
Rinshansan said:
Clamor said:

based as fuck. this guy knows his shit.

Brady can defend his arrogance with his performance, Cam has yet to and IMO might never get a chance. Cam didn't put his body on the line to win this like greats such as Peyton, Elway, Brady.

No Dive = No Respect.
Feb 7, 2016 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
OK...I'm going to defend Cam a little here...

People need to relax and remember that unlike Peyton who has been in the league for a good amount of years and was playing in his 4th super bowl....Cam is still new to all of this.

And...he had a hell of a year and deserved the regular season MVP.

Does he need to mature? Of course.

But there's no need to pile on...he's obviously very emotional about losing the biggest game of his life.
Feb 7, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
JustALEX said:

People need to relax and remember that unlike Peyton who has been in the league for a good amount of years and was playing in his 4th super bowl....Cam is still new to all of this.

But there's no need to pile on...he's obviously very emotional about losing the biggest game of his life.

New or not, this game will haunt and define who Cam Newton is. Peyton was NEVER as arrogant as Newton during his career. Cam will be remembered as an arrogant choke artist, period.
Feb 7, 2016 9:20 PM

Jun 2014
papsoshea said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

4 rings, 5 straight AFC championships, 10 AFC championships in total vs 2 rings and numerous 1 and done. Peyton is great, but Brady has the edge.
brady had a better team then almost all QB's in the last decade. patriots are always stacked and scandals have a smudge on their legacy. individual brilliance at QB imo, peyton is the GOAT.

We'll agree to disagree. Brady's cheating and Peyton's choking aside, both are great.
Feb 7, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2015
papsoshea said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

brady had a better team then almost all QB's in the last decade. patriots are always stacked and scandals have a smudge on their legacy. individual brilliance at QB imo, peyton is the GOAT.

1.Montana-Perfect in SB's with no INT.
2.Brady-4 rings but 2 loses to the lesser Manning at that. Great game against Seattle though.
3.Peyton-too many 1 and done's, huge Peyton fan but it does suck come playoff time.
JustALEX said:

Cam has had a few years in the League so when he fumbles the ball in the 4th down by 6 he has to DIVE for that ball and ensure that he sustains possession. He should reflect and answer questions during his conference and not just leave especially when he's the biggest up and coming name. Poor performance by Cam tonight.
Feb 7, 2016 9:29 PM

Jun 2014
Peyton isn't going to be remembered as a great playoff QB because he really isn't. IMO Peyton is 3rd best of all time.
Feb 7, 2016 9:31 PM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:

He sort of deserves this when he's the one rubbing it in both the Seahawks/Cardinals faces when he defeated both of them. Not to mention he played like shit vs us and let his team do a lot of carrying vs. the Cardinals. He was met with reality tonight, and he better understand that 5 years in the NFL means he should have manned up, he did not man up to the reporters right here. It just looks like sore loser and something that may haunt him right here. It's classic hubris right here. Did you even listen to his interviews before the game? He felt immortal. He deserved most of what came his way. Hubris at its finest, my friend.
AqutanFeb 7, 2016 9:38 PM
Feb 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Jun 2014
I'm going to keep going back to that no dive by Cam. It really defines it: Cam didn't do everything he could to win. His career as a whole MIGHT be defined by this game.
Feb 7, 2016 9:39 PM
Feb 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
I'm going to keep going back to that no dive by Cam. It really defines it: Cam didn't do everything he could to win. His career as a whole MIGHT be defined by this game.

Probably not, but he'll probably never be the same again.

I think 2 weeks ago was the climax of his career, and now it's going to take the downwards turn.
Feb 7, 2016 9:46 PM

Jun 2008
There's no doubt Cam's got to improve his attitude....

And yes...he's got to dive for that ball, no question about it....you're in the super bowl and fighting for your life....act like it.

But, I'm personally not going to start rubbing salt in his wounds.

He DID have an amazing year, no one would've ever predicted the Panthers would go 15-1 and go to the Super Bowl.

It was an amazing year for Cam....he didn't have his best stuff tonight and his attitude wasn't great either.

He'll learn.

Time to move on.
Feb 7, 2016 9:49 PM

Jun 2014
Rinshansan said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

I think 2 weeks ago was the climax of his career, and now it's going to take the downwards turn.

I think its possible and here's why: Cam thought he was invincable. Cam likely thought being flashy, fast and young was enough. Is Peyton flashy, fast and young? Answer this: Who won?

I liked Cam. I liked his attitude. Brady/Sherman have BOTH acted arrogant at points of their career, but BOTH are defined as (hated) winning and great players. Brady may be a cheater, but Brady can shut up haters with his stats and rings. Sherman can shut up his haters with knowing he is the best at what he does in the league... and 1 ring.

Cam has nothing.
Feb 7, 2016 9:50 PM

Jun 2014
JustALEX said:
There's no doubt Cam's got to improve his attitude....

And yes...he's got to dive for that ball, no question about it....you're in the super bowl and fighting for your life....act like it.

But, I'm personally not going to start rubbing salt in his wounds.

He DID have an amazing year, no one would've ever predicted the Panthers would go 15-1 and go to the Super Bowl.

It was an amazing year for Cam....he didn't have his best stuff tonight and his attitude wasn't great either.

He'll learn.

Time to move on.

He won't be remembered for 15-1 though.
Feb 7, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Rinshansan said:

I think its possible and here's why: Cam thought he was invincable. Cam likely thought being flashy, fast and young was enough. Is Peyton flashy, fast and young? Answer this: Who won?

I liked Cam. I liked his attitude. Brady/Sherman have BOTH acted arrogant at points of their career, but BOTH are defined as (hated) winning and great players. Brady may be a cheater, but Brady can shut up haters with his stats and rings. Sherman can shut up his haters with knowing he is the best at what he does in the league... and 1 ring.

Cam has nothing.

Any true NFL fan hates Brady because of the Tuck Rule not Spygate or Deflategate, however those do tarnish his "legacy".
Sherman on the other hand can go fuck himself back to his overrated Seattle team in their BS stadium.
Shit Cam think he has it tough? How about them Bill's who went to 4 straight SB's and lost all 4.
Feb 7, 2016 10:25 PM

Jun 2014
bobzanny said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Cam has nothing.

Any true NFL fan hates Brady because of the Tuck Rule not Spygate or Deflategate, however those do tarnish his "legacy".
Sherman on the other hand can go fuck himself back to his overrated Seattle team in their BS stadium.
Shit Cam think he has it tough? How about them Bill's who went to 4 straight SB's and lost all 4.

That's why almost nobody remembers Buffalo as a once great team. Going to a SB even if four in a row, isn't enough.

Imagine if Buffalo won all 4? They'd be remembered as the GOAT. 3? A dynasty. 2? Great team. 1? So many what ifs. 0? Losers.
Feb 7, 2016 11:08 PM

Jan 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
bobzanny said:

That's why almost nobody remembers Buffalo as a once great team. Going to a SB even if four in a row, isn't enough.

Imagine if Buffalo won all 4? They'd be remembered as the GOAT. 3? A dynasty. 2? Great team. 1? So many what ifs. 0? Losers.

Just shows how tough the NFL can be. Especially considering that the last team to WIN back to back was the Pats and that NO team has ever won 3 in a row. Hell just going to back to back SB's in near impossible. And Cam thinks he'll be back, he's in the NFC! Where for the last 10 years 7 different teams have been.
Feb 7, 2016 11:18 PM

Apr 2012
not sure if everyone noticed this but i lol'd

https://vine.co/v/i1vzT9ZPTWH

Feb 7, 2016 11:21 PM

Jun 2014
Looking back, Peyton played pretty average in the SB. I feel Brady drops 3 tds on Carolina today, but defense plays worse.

Boring SB.
Feb 8, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Looking back, Peyton played pretty average in the SB. I feel Brady drops 3 tds on Carolina today, but defense plays worse.

Boring SB.

I think it was mainly because there was.no one to play the bad guy
Eat Me
Feb 9, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Peyton played worse than average, did you see his throws? More wobbly and slow than any quarterback I've seen play. I don't think he can come back from his injury
Feb 9, 2016 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
Cam diving on that ball probably wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome of the game.
Feb 9, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2011
I don't think so either; switching the receivers would have helped.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Feb 9, 2016 5:22 PM

Oct 2012
Hi all. I had a question for you guys. I've been a long time football forum user. I've been using /r/NFL for the past 4 years and haven't looked back. I've been aware of the threads on MAL for a while (I think I've been on this site like 3 years now) but never really used it for football discussion. What forums do you guys go to outside of this one? What did you guys think of the season?

Feb 13, 2016 11:58 PM

Jun 2014
ggreenwood94 said:
Peyton played worse than average, did you see his throws? More wobbly and slow than any quarterback I've seen play. I don't think he can come back from his injury

That's why people saying he's "GOAT" is beyond my understanding. Guy threw a game ending interception against the Saints in their SB, was destroyed by Seattle in SB 48, looked below average in SB 50, sexually attacked a girl in 1996, sucks in the post-season.

We talk records, but Peyton's 200 wins record is about to be passed by Brady who started in 2002.

In reality, calling Peyton GOAT is dumb af.
Feb 14, 2016 8:04 PM
Feb 2014
Speaking of Peyton, someone's going on a smear campaign to ruin his career. It might be successful.
Feb 14, 2016 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
Rinshansan said:
Speaking of Peyton, someone's going on a smear campaign to ruin his career. It might be successful.

I'm shocked his first name doesn't start and end with the letter R..

Anyway, what Peyton did was wrong. IMO not enough to ruin his career since it was so early in his career, but it confirms Peyton is not selfless.
Feb 14, 2016 8:10 PM
Feb 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Rinshansan said:

Anyway, what Peyton did was wrong. IMO not enough to ruin his career since it was so early in his career, but it confirms Peyton is not selfless.

The reaction from the masses will be predictable though.
Feb 14, 2016 8:15 PM

Jun 2014
Rinshansan said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

The reaction from the masses will be predictable though.

Like it should be.

You know if this was Tom Brady, the backlash would be even more severe. I'm not saying Peyton is a bad guy because everybody makes mistakes, but he should just man up to it.

If anything, Brady/Peyton will end up both tainted in some form.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.