Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 22, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Tokoya said:
I'm just hoping that this doesn't go the route I heard that it's gonna go

Good job at voicing our thought! Brain: Wait, what did she say!? at ending
Jan 24, 2016 10:46 AM
Mar 2012
Yaoi... I'm out. I thought that I could watch this show, but THIS.... Nope nope nope.
Jan 25, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
I hoped it would be a childhood friend/ osananajimi romance story. Instead, the main characters are interested in somebody else. What a disappointment. To be honest, I am nostalgic for good osananajimi romance anime with definitive (not open or harem) happy endings for the pairing. Instead, how it turned out crushed my expectations. I know, not all childhood friends fall in love, but lately romance anime series also tend to be harem-like and the endings are harem or open too. Where are the shows like Lamune, Hani hani, Future boy Conan, or at least like Robotics; notes? :-( Omnibus format ones like Amagami aren't bad either imo.

I mean, when I read the initial description before the first episodes were aired, I gave too much hope to the expectations that turned out not to be the case here :-(
Hobgoblin2013Jan 25, 2016 5:48 PM
Jan 26, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2009
I like Chika!
I guess Haruta was just joking with Chika when he said he likes the teacher lol
Jan 26, 2016 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
Well that was rather dull.
Jan 30, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
Vindstot said:
Haruta's "feelings" towards Kusakabe-sensei is probably nothing but infatuation born out of admiration. At the very least, it won't go the homo route and likely to end with Haru X Chika; kind of like Hibike! Euphonium.

Mroujeee said:
Haru X Chika not going to happend ? Not liking this

bittersweetlove said:
I guess Haruta was just joking with Chika when he said he likes the teacher lol

Tokoya said:
I'm just hoping that this doesn't go the route I heard that it's gonna go

Shimai_ni said:
Let him like the professor all he wants, but later I expect HaruChika to happen, because why else would you put it in the goddamn title!?

divinelight said:
If somehow it comes to Harutaxchika then I will continue

Don't get your hopes up

FunkyNano said:
Decent episode, great to see a gay love interest in a non-yaoi orientated anime. The chemistry between the MC and the main girl was subtle but it worked, they didn't overplay the fact the MC is gay and gave him characterisation before the reveal.
The main girl is cute, I love the dramatic/theatrical tsundere archetype and the other club members are neato burrito too, especially the twins.

EDIT: A little torn about this thread, on the one hand there's nothing wrong with dropping a show for whatever reason you have, but it's definitely homophobia, you're dropping the series due to an aversion to gay characters, that is literally the definition of a phobia- to avoid something irrationally. I don't think anyone here is suggesting people that drop this show hate gay people, but it certainly shows a degree of shot sightedness because it clearly isn't the main focus of the show.
To the people that actively called the anime disgusting for it, seriously what the fuck. Dropping a show because you aren't interested in the gay romance is absolutely fine (It's not like that's an active campaign against homosexuality) but to say it's disgusting makes you seem like a seriously repugnant person. Not to mention the majority of the people that seem to demonstrate this ignorance are the people who pride themselves in being incestuous paedophiles

I agree completely
Mel96Jan 30, 2016 11:50 AM
Jan 30, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
CaptLolicon said:
Mayuka said:
You don't have to be a yaoi fan to be able to watch homosexual characters.

In the world of anime, this kind of anime is tailored for female yaoi fans, not PC internet kids who can't choose what gender to be on a daily basis.

Don't care about you, but I don't want to see some boy talking about loving his adult male teacher. To me, that's disgusting.

To me, people who say things like you just said are disgusting.
Gay people exist and they do nothing to you. Just drop this show and stop attacking it like it attacked you personally. It's just a young gay crush.
Mel96Jan 30, 2016 12:05 PM
Jan 31, 2016 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
ngl im watching this bc of certain trash individuals who hoped the mc won't be gay. but he is and he is wonderful.

the pilot was much better that i expected too. i expected the episode to drag, but it didnt and everything worked really well for me.
TyrelJan 31, 2016 4:16 PM
Jan 31, 2016 7:56 PM
May 2014
The homophobia in MAL Is more disgusting than this show. Guys grow up. Geez.

Other than that good first episode, this is probably one of the most interesting love triangles in a very long time, kinda getting bored with all this hetero/predictable stories.

At least we don't know where this plot will go, unpredictability at its best.
Feb 1, 2016 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
Chika is cute and funny. But not liking Haru especially that I feel awkward knowing he likes a male teacher. The animation and quality is high.
Feb 1, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
Magito said:
Chika is cute and funny. But not liking Haru especially that I feel awkward knowing he likes a male teacher. The animation and quality is high.
Chika also likes her teacher yet you hate Haru because of that? How can someone even hate this angel?
Feb 2, 2016 7:32 AM
Aug 2014
all what can I say is great animation. other than that, it was so boring.
Feb 3, 2016 3:19 PM

Dec 2009
Stupid nonsense that this show should be classed as "Shounen-ai"
In the same category, should Tamako Market be "Shoujo-ai"? It's exactly the same shit, one person has a crush on the same gender. I'm baffled that people are grabbing their pitchforks thinking that the teacher would hook-up with the dude, but the same people are completely fine if the teacher hooked up with the girl. MAL never stops to surprise me with it's trash users. Grow up.

Anyways, the show itself doesn't seem to be anything too special. Will give it a few more episodes before drop decision.

And damn dat fhana opening.
Feb 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Sir_Lexa said:
I'm baffled that people are grabbing their pitchforks thinking that the teacher would hook-up with the dude, but the same people are completely fine if the teacher hooked up with the girl.

I wouldn't have been fine in that case either. It would have been equally disappointing for me. I hoped for a Haruta x Chika romance and dropped the series NOT because of Haruta's homosexuality, but because the pairing I was expecting isn't going to happen.
Feb 10, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
cyclone1993 said:
Already better and more interesting than Euphonium.

Are you serious!?
Feb 10, 2016 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
The Chaika eyes are way too distracting. Seems like a pretty mediocre anime.
The gay curveball was kinda surprising.
Feb 10, 2016 1:02 PM

Dec 2010
Katsu-kun said:
cyclone1993 said:
Already better and more interesting than Euphonium.

Are you serious!?

Completely. Euphonium has better animation and music. But, it was rather bland and boring. Plus most of the characters weren't interesting. It wasn't a super fun watch, even though, in general, I enjoyed the series. HaruChika is like a not quite as good version of Hyouka, which is a fantastic series, with some great and endearing characters. HaruChika isn't quite on that level yet, but in my opinion at least the characters here are more compelling than in Euphonium.
Feb 11, 2016 11:29 AM

Jan 2013
cyclone1993 said:
Katsu-kun said:

Are you serious!?

Completely. Euphonium has better animation and music. But, it was rather bland and boring. Plus most of the characters weren't interesting. It wasn't a super fun watch, even though, in general, I enjoyed the series. HaruChika is like a not quite as good version of Hyouka, which is a fantastic series, with some great and endearing characters. HaruChika isn't quite on that level yet, but in my opinion at least the characters here are more compelling than in Euphonium.

Man, I thought I was the only one who thought this way about Hibike.
Feb 11, 2016 11:32 PM

Jun 2015
it was pretty fun. the character design is meh but the eyes....

The mystery was...not bad nor good. And I didn't expect a love triangle like that! It's fun so far, I'm gonna continue. Some people here aren't into yaoi and stuff, but I don't get it. It didn't have a shounen ai tag, so Haruta's "love" is probably admiration.

the teacher's voice doesn't fit though. He sound like a kid rather than a 26 year old man.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Feb 16, 2016 9:13 PM
May 2015
This episode was really boring imo
Mar 3, 2016 11:10 PM

Feb 2013
Wait wait wait......so.....that dude wrote that??? I'm just fully confused.....like.....why was he trying to decipher it, if it wrote it.....I don't know....

Anyway still looks like a fun anime.....
Mar 30, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2012
Great start but I was totally not expecting that kind of ending :| well let's see what happens next!
Apr 2, 2016 10:55 PM
Oct 2012
holy shit that last moment was... so unpredictable

anyway it felt rushed, the story didn't flow nicely on my head. they should have not thrown the mystery right away, i don't even remember whos who beside the two main characters. Hope it gets better (also hoping the main male character gets cured later on)
Jun 23, 2016 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
I am really, really thankful for this anime....

It only took me 1 episode this time instead of 8.
Jul 19, 2016 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
The main dude is GAY! -_____-"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 7:58 AM

Oct 2009
Define HaruChika?
Answer: 1 young male student (Haruta) + 1 young female student (Chika) being in love with their male teacher, thus HaruChika..

+ music + mystery

hmmph.. I'm only watching this because of my Anime Challenge. Hope the anime is not too boring/bad.
Feb 22, 2018 8:54 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Interesting love triangle dynamic too bad the characters don't really pop other then Haru and that's only a slight degree. I've always wanted a boy and girl fighting over another dude but it's kinda lack luster so far.

Also the music club aspect and solving a mystery like. Kayyyyyy and???
Nov 4, 2018 9:22 AM

Mar 2017
what the fk. I DIDNT EXPECT THAT

HOMO

im out

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 15, 2019 10:39 AM
May 2017
[dropped] maybe i'll watch it again someday
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 AM
Mar 2021
I came into this knowing nothing, I thought this was just going to be a good romcom of two childhood friends, it was not.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2016

86 by luminality »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.