Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2016 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
rsc-pl said:
Tokoya said:
I'm just hoping that this doesn't go the route I heard that it's gonna go

Well, f*ck. I really want to enjoy this. I love PA WORKS, I really like Chika, she already is cute as hell. But I really don't want to watch show about young male student being in love with his MALE teacher. Disgusting.

Pedophiles are also disgusting and yet you have a pic of a sexualized Shinobu in your MAL.

Love how the average anime fan is ok with with stuff like incest and loli but flips at stuff like this. Stay classy!

Oct 2014
As long as this love triangle is not played for laughs, I honestly don't mind its existence.

Although the mystery seems heavily tailored to people with a background for music. I do love me some Jean Sebastian Bach trivia though.

Jul 2012
Ehh, I figured a lot of people would dislike having one of the main characters be a gay, but I have no problem with it at all. It'll make it interesting if anything.

Chika is a lot cuter when she's herself imo. I don't like fake people :p

The bgm when they first revealed the red paint notes reminded me of Death Note haha.

Chika saying "Ohayo" to her cat and it walking away reminded me of me and my dog LOL.

I love OP duet. That'll make me stick around longer if this show doesn't turn out too good.
Jan 6, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm...so Haruta's gay eh? And a smartass? Interesting...well this was an ok first episode. Too much musical jargon to solve the mystery, but Chika's cute. Also, those CGI background characters! :D
Jan 6, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
i love lgbt character in anime as long as if it was handled realistically like ymir from snk, or the boys from the upcoming movie doukyusei.
So far haruta's sexuality felt gimmicky and i could guess that he wasn't actually sexually attracted with the teacher, he just admire his music skill and wants him to come back to the music scene and chase his dream to become a conductor.
BORING
Jan 6, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2014
Chika is already cute

Haru X Chika not going to happend ? Not liking this
Jan 6, 2016 2:13 PM

Mar 2015
straggy said:
Ah, loving all the homophobia so far in this thread. A++, stay classy MAL.

Anyway, I'm up for this. Brass band club that seems to be solving minor Hyouka-style mysteries? Sure, why not. I'm really not a fan of Mr Kousakabe's voice though... He sounds way too young to be a 26 year old teacher. Is his voice actor 12 or something?

Couldn't have said it any better
Jan 6, 2016 2:26 PM

Dec 2015
Aside from the Music part, everything was Meh for me.
Let's see where this love-triangle goes ;)
Jan 6, 2016 2:36 PM
Jan 2016
so he's gay!! i think i'll give it another ep..
Jan 6, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
People see yuri and nobody bats an eye.

People see yaoi and everybody loses their minds.

So much hypocrisy
Jan 6, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Sherlupin said:

So much hypocrisy

Almost every male in the universe can watch yuri with pleasure

If not i don't trust them

girls can like yuri too

but yaoi ? definitely noo it's just wrong
Jan 6, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
You almost had me feed you.
Jan 6, 2016 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
The mystery aspect is interesting but the episode felt dull and kind of dragged on for me.
Jan 6, 2016 2:56 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know why so many people are disliking this episode...

Maybe it's cause it's the first musical anime that I watch, but I actually loved this first episode. Everything looked so beautiful and relaxing, there's music and there's mystery. I like the two MCs so far, especially the fact that the female MC used to be a tomboy who played volleyball and how now she wants to be a "cute girl". The final twist with the boy also going for the teacher was the icing on the cake.

An actual gay (or bisexual, we'll see) main male character who doesn't get stereotyped and doesn't get reduced to an "okama running gag"? HELL YEAH. Homophobes, shut the door on your way out.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 6, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
So it's a mix between Hyouka and Hibike Euphonium.
Aww Haruta is such a cutie <3
Hanae Natsuki's voice does not fit the role of the teacher at all x)
Jan 6, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
I see mystery, I see beautiful art, I like.
Jan 6, 2016 3:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Meh, that first episode was average.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
The art and music/sound is nice...make me like music genre anime more.
Until Haruta said, "You ALSO like Kusakabe-sensei." Which make me have a bad feeling lol.
I will drop this one for now and see how other people think of it to see if I will continue or not.
3/10 for now.
Jan 6, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
pretty fun. animation was good, art is pretty good.

haruta being in love with the teacher was quite surprising.
Jan 6, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2008
I like it a lot so far!
It's not everyday you see a gay/bisexual MC, and I think that's refreshing, like a lot of the others in this thread.

As for the kinda butthurt homophobes and hypocrites
Uve23 said:
Homophobes, shut the door on your way out.
Jan 6, 2016 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
character designs are ugly , music with mistery is not good and that love triangle where male student loves his male teacher ?

Jan 6, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2014
Haruta is so gay... fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
Such homophobia in this thread... disgusting.

Anyway, really liked this first episode but I'm super surprised! I was expecting the love triangle between Haru, Chika and the teacher, but I never thought it would be actually that way. Not that it bothers me though, it's refreshing to see different or unusual settings and type of characters every once in a while. It was cute, really nice colors as well! Let's see where this story is heading to.
Jan 6, 2016 3:31 PM

Dec 2014
Eh, it was alright. The art style is pretty off putting, I'm not a fan of either lead, but those note-based puzzles are kind of interesting. Sadly I don't drop shows, so if this turns into shit it'll be my fault for sticking around.

Also, that blonde guy is apparently gay. Nice to know.
Jan 6, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
I hate yaoi, but I hate yuri even more, so I'm thankful Chika isn't lesbo at least

So I'll bear with it and keep watching
Jan 6, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
Liking the music and art. Chika has a cute personality. Haruta's seems off-putting, but it's nice that he has feelings for the music teacher as well. Everything seems to be going at a quick pace, but it was a decent episode nevertheless.
Jan 6, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
The romance is going to be very interesting xD
Jan 6, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2011
Hibikie + Hyouka OMG <33

I hope Haruta and Chika become a couple.
Jan 6, 2016 3:45 PM

Jun 2015
LOL. This is gonna be fun XD
I am glad I picked this
Jan 6, 2016 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Average start and Haruta likes the sensei omg.. Imma wait for the other characters appearance, hope it will get better.
Keep moving forward
Jan 6, 2016 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
Ah, this is Shigatsu all over again.

Vindstot said:
No comment about the romantic subplot, yet. Haruta's "feelings" towards Kusakabe-sensei is probably nothing but infatuation born out of admiration. At the very least, it won't go the homo route and likely to end with Haru X Chika; kind of like Hibike! Euphonium.

Agree
-
-

γ€Œ π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 π˜ͺ𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. π˜‰π˜­π˜’π˜€π˜¬ 𝘡𝘰 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ - βœ‰

-
Jan 6, 2016 3:53 PM
May 2011
and Drop. Show was really boring and artstyle was surprisingly meh for PA works
Jan 6, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
I don't get why people don't drop shows for an offensive okama stereotype but they will if the queer dude (and it's always a dude) is treated with class. This isn't yaoi. It's a story with two main characters, one a girl and another who also happens to be into another dude. *rolls eyes*

Anyways, this was a pleasant surprise. The mystery element was a mess but everything else was super charming. I doubt any of the characters will get any with sensei -- come on, it's a sensei -- but it's super neat these two kids can have a high school friendship without sexual tension for once. 8/10
Jan 6, 2016 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
Sound! Hyouphonium?
Jan 6, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
Wow i definitely can not say i was expecting that ending. It was still a very interesting watch though
Jan 6, 2016 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
Sherlupin said:

So much hypocrisy

It's not the same thing. It's not hypocrisy, you simply lack understanding.

I don't care about it either way. I do care that so far there is nothing good about this show. I'd rather re-watch Euphonium, which this show is obviously trying to imitate in some ways, and Euphonium was at best meh.
Jan 6, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
Haruta is such a smart-ass.
Jan 6, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
Felt like the show needs something else, some type of punch to keep the energy going. Both MCs not really jelly with me much. Hope it turns around by ep 3. More likely to be a fine but not good show 6/10 so far.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jan 6, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
vas are great except teacher he sounds exactly like haruta. low score after just the first ep everyone hates on my yaoi ):
Jan 6, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:
I'm just hoping that this doesn't go the route I heard that it's gonna go

Oh, I'm going to love this show!

I enjoyed the mystery aspect of the 1st episode. I see this becoming a decent musical anime. Hopefully, it doesn't steer down the wrong path. I love PA Works animation, so no disappointments there so far.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 6, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
When looking at the genres of this anime, I didn't expect much of it. After watching the first episode, I actually really enjoyed it. Haruta seems like a pretty interesting character, and Chika is also likeable. I'm looking forward to see more of this.
Jan 6, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
Blegh i don't even care about the gay romance since this show is so painfully boring + got horsecrap artstyle. Yet another failure of P.A Works

Dropped.
Jan 6, 2016 5:08 PM

Oct 2009
It's always awesome to see that the people here are more bothered by a character being gay rather than their crush being an adult. ^^'

I liked the first ep! I didn't expect the twist at the end, but I liked it. I'm kind of happy it isn't going to go with the biggest cliche in the book!
Jan 6, 2016 5:11 PM
Jan 2015
gay ?) best anime seoasen
Jan 6, 2016 5:25 PM

Jan 2014
I loved seeing a gay character being represented outside of the usually shounen-ai/yaoi genre honestly, it's kind of meh for me where the direction of the story is heading. I'm just watching it for the gay character now.

Also, can you smell the homophobia in this thread, love all these fragile guys.
Jan 6, 2016 5:31 PM

Jan 2015
straggy said:
Ah, loving all the homophobia so far in this thread. A++, stay classy MAL.

Anyway, I'm up for this. Brass band club that seems to be solving minor Hyouka-style mysteries? Sure, why not. I'm really not a fan of Mr Kousakabe's voice though... He sounds way too young to be a 26 year old teacher. Is his voice actor 12 or something?

Some people just don't want to watch something they weren't expecting, they weren't looking for this obviously.
Jan 6, 2016 5:32 PM

Jan 2015
I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if this picks up.. i'm never really picky but this was a Boring first episode. I also don't mind the love triangle, it's something new that you don't see in a normal genre.

Also I understand the people in here dropping the series because it wasn't what they were looking for.. it's not that hard to understand.. they thought it was going to be a normal romance and it wasn't.. that simple.

It's not Homophobic just because someone wants to watch a Boy x Girl romance, stop crying about PC.
biblicalgungaJan 6, 2016 5:38 PM
Jan 6, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2014
Bren said:
It's always awesome to see that the people here are more bothered by a character being gay rather than their crush being an adult. ^^'

I'm sorry to hear there weren't any hot teachers at your school during your turbulent hormonal teen years.
Jan 6, 2016 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
biblicalgunga said:
I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if this picks up.. Boring first episode and I don't mind the Love triangle.

Also I understand the people in here dropping the series because it wasn't what they were looking for.. it's not that hard to understand.. they thought it was going to be a normal romance and it wasn't.. that simple.

It's not Homophobic just because someone wants to watch a Boy x Girl romance, stop crying about PC.

Pretty much this. I don't watch Yaoi in general because it's not my type of shows. Of course, I know this show isn't full Yaoi, but if I'm going into a show with romance, I'm looking for it to be between Girl and Boy because that's my preference. You guys need to stop yelling Homophobic, etc. every other post. Not only that, I found it extremely boring too, so I see no reason to continue watching. (Only back in this thread because of reports).
Jan 6, 2016 5:40 PM
Jan 2012
People are getting mad for pretty much no reason. It's not a romance show, the focus will be on the mysteries and the love triangle isn't going anywhere.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2016

86 by luminality »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.