Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 9, 2016 6:49 AM

Mar 2015
just running trough thread, wut?

i don't really care about gay. but seriously, guys? if it's not interest you, just leave it, don't rant on it. that mean this shows not made to people like you. WTF guys?

and people who defend this shows this thread is not better either. just because they dislike it doesn't mean they hated it. please.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 9, 2016 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
Heh, had quite a bit of anticipation on this and was startled by the reaction here , especially because the reception in my homeland's communities was rather warmer. Feels like the reception here is closer to my feelings.

The two men are noticeably annoying not because Haruta looks like a homo, but because of their attitude and voice acting... especially sensei, I can't stand that pseudo-calm demeanor. Chika is OK but the rest of the characters just make the flow boring, without giving it the required tension or depth.

It's just impossible not to name-drop the two obvious KyoAni numbers while describing this. They just executed the atmosphere much better than this even in the first episodes, and PA series tend to stick to the first episodes' atmosphere so it's quite worrying.

I'm giving this some time but not expecting much now.
Jan 9, 2016 7:27 AM

Feb 2007
Well, I certainly did expect a love triangle after the introduction, even feared it, but the actual nature of the triangle was quite a surprise. I don't think I mind it if it's like this.

biblicalgunga said:
Also I understand the people in here dropping the series because it wasn't what they were looking for.. it's not that hard to understand.. they thought it was going to be a normal romance and it wasn't.. that simple.

It's not Homophobic just because someone wants to watch a Boy x Girl romance, stop crying about PC.

I do agree with you if that's all they do. Not when they go and call it disgusting, though.
luinthoronJan 9, 2016 7:31 AM
Jan 9, 2016 9:32 AM

Jun 2009
I'm only watching this anime for the background shots. God, they are gorgeous.

Also, props for making the gay guy not a stereotypical overdramatic flashy dude like in 99% of anime.
Jan 9, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Sapewloth said:
a simple MAL search will show you that there are more anime tagged under yaoi/shounen-ai than there are tagged under yuri/shoujo ai (even if its by a small margin).
to be fair, there's more longer yuri anime being produced compared to yaoi/BL but the thing is, they're all targeted for guys, especially recent ones.

Sapewloth said:
stop trying to justify men's own sexual insecurity by some ridonkulously cliché-d and false statement about women all being naturally gay.
Sexual arousal =/= sexual orientation btw, and there are many more factors to take into consideration when your subject is half the world's population; societal norms which define what is acceptable for men and women when expressing their sexuality and sexual attraction; the cultural fetishization of the female body etc. A lot of facts the authors of these articles seem more than happy to gloss over in order to be able to jump to their grossly overexaggerated conclusion about women's sexual orientation.
PREACH IT YES

can't believe men have to resort to the "all women are bisexual/gay" argument when they can't explain their disgusting double standards
Jan 9, 2016 1:34 PM

Jun 2011
straggy said:
Ah, loving all the homophobia so far in this thread. A++, stay classy MAL.

Anyway, I'm up for this. Brass band club that seems to be solving minor Hyouka-style mysteries? Sure, why not. I'm really not a fan of Mr Kousakabe's voice though... He sounds way too young to be a 26 year old teacher. Is his voice actor 12 or something?

Sorry if everyone isn't male and a yaoi fan.
Jan 9, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
CaptLolicon said:
You don't have to be a yaoi fan to be able to watch homosexual characters.
Jan 9, 2016 1:41 PM

Jun 2011
Mayuka said:
CaptLolicon said:

In the world of anime, this kind of anime is tailored for female yaoi fans, not PC internet kids who can't choose what gender to be on a daily basis.

Don't care about you, but I don't want to see some boy talking about loving his adult male teacher. To me, that's disgusting.
Jan 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
CaptLolicon said:
Mayuka said:

In the world of anime, this kind of anime is tailored for female yaoi fans, not PC internet kids who can't choose what gender to be on a daily basis.

Don't care about you, but I don't want to see some boy talking about loving his adult male teacher. To me, that's disgusting.
It's not targeted towards any gender though.

"genres: mystery, romance, school, slice of life" there's no demographic tag

Not every male thinks homosexuals are disgusting like you.
Jan 9, 2016 1:45 PM

Jun 2011
Mayuka said:
CaptLolicon said:

Except it is. Just because MAL doesn't say it is, doesn't mean it isn't. In Japan, there are anime for certain demographics, and this particular one would be for yaoi fans, as normal otaku men do not like yaoi (don't see how this is hard for you to understand)

And also, not every male thinks it isn't disgusting like you.

If you enjoy seeing two men form a romantic relationship, and you're not gay yourself, you might want to rethink things.
Jan 9, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
CaptLolicon said:
Mayuka said:

Except it is. Just because MAL doesn't say it is, doesn't mean it isn't. In Japan, there are anime for certain demographics, and this particular one would be for yaoi fans, as normal otaku men do not like yaoi (don't see how this is hard for you to understand)

No, this isn't even a romance much less has a "canon" homosexual pairing. As a female who follows Japanese trends, this show isn't even popular in the fujoshi fanbase at all and I don't really see anything in this show that would make it more targeted towards females. If anything, most of the focus was on the main female character so it's more male-targeted in the end and has various otaku tropes going on.

It's not fucking yaoi omfg. Yaoi (and Yuri) are romance series explicitly about the romance. This show is just a mystery school series.

Thank you for giving us your option, Captain Lolicon but it's just kind of hypocritical at this point.
Jan 9, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2011
Mayuka said:
CaptLolicon said:

No, this isn't even a romance much less has a "canon" homosexual pairing. As a female who follows Japanese trends, this show isn't even popular in the fujoshi fanbase at all and I don't really see anything in this show that would make it more targeted towards females. If anything, most of the focus was on the main female character so it's more male-targeted in the end and has various otaku tropes going on.

It's not fucking yaoi omfg. Yaoi (and Yuri) are romance series explicitly about the romance. This show is just a mystery school series.

Thank you for giving us your option, Captain Lolicon but it's just kind of hypocritical at this point.

Oh, you're a girl.

This make sense, now.

Sorry.
Jan 9, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
CaptLolicon said:
Sorry.

It's okay.

I guess now my opinion wouldn't matter to you.

Goodbye.
Jan 9, 2016 1:53 PM
Apr 2015
biblicalgunga said:
Also I understand the people in here dropping the series because it wasn't what they were looking for.. it's not that hard to understand.. they thought it was going to be a normal romance and it wasn't.. that simple.

It's not Homophobic just because someone wants to watch a Boy x Girl romance, stop crying about PC.
If they drop it, that's fine with me; people can watch whatever the hell they want. But if they feel the need to explicitly state in a PUBLIC forum full of LGBT people and allies that they dropped it because one of the characters' sexuality was not on par with their ridiculous heteronormative standards, then they'll have to expect some backlash.

If they can open their mouth to sprew out shit, then so can I open mine to point out that they're sprewing out shit.
Jan 9, 2016 1:58 PM

Jun 2011
lizebutnotrize said:
biblicalgunga said:

If they drop it, that's fine with me; people can watch whatever the hell they want. But if they feel the need to explicitly state in a PUBLIC forum full of LGBT people and allies that they dropped it because one of the characters' sexuality was not on par with their ridiculous heteronormative standards, then they'll have to expect some backlash.

If they can open their mouth to sprew out shit, then so can I open mine to point out that they're sprewing out shit.

But you're crying about everyone not being on par with your standards.

I don't like guy on guy, why should I have to?

I'm a man that likes tits, ass and pretty girls.

Why can you have an opinion and shove it down peoples throats, but we can't?
Jan 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
CaptLolicon said:
Because you're being disrespectful and obnoxious.

So if I say "I hate all black people because they're disgusting", it's okay right? Because it's my opinion.

(Disclaimer: It's an example, I don't hate any race)

CaptLolicon said:
You also like underaged ones :-)
Jan 9, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
Mayuka said:
CaptLolicon said:
Because you're being disrespectful and obnoxious.

So if I say "I hate all black people because they're disgusting", it's okay right? Because it's my opinion.

(Disclaimer: It's an example, I don't hate any race)

CaptLolicon said:
You also like underaged ones :-)

That's the thing with opinions. Everyone has them, and everyone wants you to agree with theirs.

Hard truth is, that's never going to happen. There will always be people with varying opinions and beliefs.

I don't actively hate gay people. I just didn't expect to see this in an anime I thought would be a mushy romance or something (my favorite)

And they don't call me CaptLolicon for nothing, honey ;3
Jan 9, 2016 2:12 PM
Apr 2015
CaptLolicon said:
Nah, I'm not crying.

And I'm a lesbian woman that likes tits, ass and pretty girls too - though I am able to empathize with a gay male character or a straight woman and even enjoy their stories. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? :O :O :O

Also, side note: thanks for pointing out that you define the worth of female characters by their body parts and their exterior design; you are the definition of a basement dweller otaku.

I never stated that you cannot have or state an opinion, I just stated that I will point out why I think that opinion is shit. ;)
Jan 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
lizebutnotrize said:
CaptLolicon said:
Nah, I'm not crying.

And I'm a lesbian woman that likes tits, ass and pretty girls too - though I am able to empathize with a gay male character or a straight woman and even enjoy their stories. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? :O :O :O

Also, side note: thanks for pointing out that you see the worth of female characters in their body parts and their exterior design; you are the definition of a basement dweller otaku.

I never stated that you cannot have or state an opinion, I just stated that I will point out why I think that opinion is shit. ;)

And I will point out why yours is shit, too ;)

So because you can empathize, I should? Pretty narrow minded, there.

I said I saw the worth of females in their body parts? I recall saying I like said body parts, as you just did. Don't recall saying anything about their worth. (I also live in a one floor home, sorry no basement ;3)

You don't have to put words in my mouth because you realized your post was pretty embarrassing. It's not going to help anything.

I love girls. Everything about them. From their body, to their soul. They're like precious flowers to me, and I want to personally take care of all of them. That's how much I love girls.

(nice try with the "HE'S A MALE THAT ONLY LOOKS AT BOOBS AND NOT THE INSIDE" thing. You a feminist?)
CaptLoliconJan 9, 2016 2:20 PM
Jan 9, 2016 2:22 PM
Apr 2015
I said I saw the worth of females in their body parts? I recall saying I like said body parts, as you just did. Don't recall saying anything about their worth.
I mentioned the body parts to make fun of you.

I love girls. Everything about them. From their body, to their soul. They're like precious flowers to me, and I want to personally take care of all of them. That's how much I love girls.
Aha, but the first thing you mentioned was their tits and their ass. Good job buddy. You sound really really believable right now. Also doesn't help that you're fetishizing and fapping to young female bodies.

I haven't seen you respond to my empathy quote, though, which was the most important part of the post?
Jan 9, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
lizebutnotrize said:
I said I saw the worth of females in their body parts? I recall saying I like said body parts, as you just did. Don't recall saying anything about their worth.
I mentioned the body parts to make fun of you.

Aha, but the first thing you mentioned was their tits and their ass. Good job buddy. You sound really really believable right now. Also doesn't help that you're fetishizing and fapping to young female bodies.

I haven't seen you respond to my empathy quote, though, which was the most important part of the post?

Make fun of me? Is the school or something?

I mentioned the body first, as we were talking about what appeals to people. As that is usually what catches ones eye in the first place, I stated as such. (Or are you one of those people who make like appearance doesn't matter at all? So sweet.)

You care what I fap to? That's honestly kind of hot.

And I did respond to the "empathy" quote. That's in line of everyone isn't going to feel the same way towards something as you do. You need to realize that the world isn't going to cater to what you want.

There are lots of different kinds of people out there, with varying opinions from yours.

I know. Weird, right?
Jan 9, 2016 2:55 PM

Sep 2010
Can we speak about the show instead of arguing with basement virgins insecure about their sexualities? Thanks.

What aspects would you improve? I think the animation was subpar for a P.A. Works. Definitely rushed at times without the detail they usually put on. Looking at the credits, a lot seems outsourced, so hm.

I hope next episode will have in-house animation and less filler. The episodic format of the novel will make it easy to translate on screen at least.
Jan 9, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
Not, all people want see romance between schoolboy and MALE teacher. NOT ALL PEOPLE LIKE SHOUNEN AI. This is so difficult?
Jan 9, 2016 5:04 PM

Nov 2014
It is a shame that girl has best eye design and drawn awesome, yet anime is real shit.

Jan 9, 2016 8:16 PM

Dec 2012
So where are the shounen ai tags?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jan 9, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 2010
_StillAlive_ said:
Not, all people want see romance between schoolboy and MALE teacher. NOT ALL PEOPLE LIKE SHOUNEN AI. This is so difficult?

But there is no romance between a student and a teacher. Gender omitted because I'm not a homophobic idiot. Haruta is just gay, that is a background information about him that fleshes him out.

If I dropped a show because I discovered the main character is black, I would be racist. Is it that hard to grasp? Let's look at the Star Wars movie as example. What would you say if I refused to attend because Finn is a black man and the other main character is a woman? That I'm a racist and sexist idiot and you'll be right. It's the same underlying problem here.

This isn't about 'fetish', because this isn't a shounen ai show, but a mystery show where high school Holmes happens to be gay. If this about your only 'reason' to drop something is because of a character's orientation, then you're homophobic. PERIOD. If it's "oh I thought this was romance, not a mystery show" it'll be OK. Or if you think the animation and the plot are boring, however 90% of the whining is due to a character being gay when romance isn't even a main relevant point of the story and never happens.

I'm not sorry if it hurts people's feelings that we're calling water wet, but you're homophobic if you drop this show for this reason. This isn't about 'different tastes' or 'tolerance'.
ThessJan 9, 2016 8:59 PM
Jan 9, 2016 8:56 PM

Oct 2014
CaptLolicon said:
Mayuka said:

+ 1
shit anime of the year im coming..!!!

for every one who defends this show
Did you remember the case of GLasllip & Red data Girl ..??
Don't pretend like blind boy fag...
Saber
Jan 9, 2016 9:03 PM

Sep 2010
Infatuate said:
So where are the shounen ai tags?

Why would they be necessary? This isn't a shounen ai (which implies romance as main genre). It's a mystery show.
Jan 9, 2016 9:20 PM

Jul 2012
gembelela said:
for every one who defends this show
Did you remember the case of GLasllip & Red data Girl ..??
Don't pretend like blind boy fag...
Yeah, Nagi no Asukara, Shirobako and The Eccentric Family suck too.

Thess said:
_StillAlive_ said:

But there is no romance between a student and a teacher. Gender omitted because I'm not a homophobic idiot. Haruta is just gay, that is a background information about him that fleshes him out.

If I dropped a show because I discovered the main character is black, I would be racist. Is it that hard to grasp? Let's look at the Star Wars movie as example. What would you say if I refused to attend because Finn is a black man and the other main character is a woman? That I'm a racist and sexist idiot and you'll be right. It's the same underlying problem here.

This isn't about 'fetish', because this isn't a shounen ai show, but a mystery show where high school Holmes happens to be gay. If this about your only 'reason' to drop something is because of a character's orientation, then you're homophobic. PERIOD. If it's "oh I thought this was romance, not a mystery show" it'll be OK. Or if you think the animation and the plot are boring, however 90% of the whining is due to a character being gay when romance isn't even a main relevant point of the story and never happens.

I'm not sorry if it hurts people's feelings that we're calling water wet, but you're homophobic if you drop this show for this reason. This isn't about 'different tastes' or 'tolerance'.
+1
Jan 9, 2016 9:52 PM

Oct 2014
Mayuka said:
Yeah, Nagi no Asukara, Shirobako and The Eccentric Family suck too.

use logic dude

** Nagi no asukara
+ praise & positif from mal
+ get award
+ rate > 8

- suck Voice actor MC
- average sales

** Shirobako
+ great sales 13-15k /volume
+ praise & positif from mal
+ rate > 8

-

** Glasllip
+

- shit sales
- shit rank
- negatif review

n how about this one
can fujoshis support better than Glasliip/RDG in terms Sales,Rank,Review and etc ..?!?

marlonnoti said:
I don't know, why my comment get deleted

i'm just saying this: fujoshi only defend this show because it pander to their fetish, most of fujoshi aren't gay, they only like malexmale because that's their fetish

same as above
i hope their support it
talk less do more..
gembelelaJan 9, 2016 10:03 PM
Saber
Jan 9, 2016 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
^ it's sarcasm

nobody was defending glasslip or red data girl
there's literally one episode of this and people are so quick to judge

and nobody's defending any show. they're defending their beliefs. and it's not a fucking fetish, it's liking mxm pairings because het romance anime and hentai cater to males.

you know what real fujoshi would watch this season? prince of stride, active raid and divine gate. oh lets not forget shouwa rengoku which is written by a BL mangaka.
Jan 9, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2014
Stop defending this anime. Episode was plain shit even without gay stuff.

Jan 9, 2016 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
Plain shit as in 2/10 or 6/10 because I lean on the latter.
Jan 9, 2016 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
Mayuka said:
ExTamplier said:
+5 for animation and art. Sorry I don't rate just how I "feel". anime is better to justify the shit mystery w/e flat shit that was by episode 2.

Jan 9, 2016 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
Mayuka said:
+5 for animation and art. Sorry I don't rate just how I "feel". anime is better to justify the shit mystery w/e flat shit that was by episode 2.
It's not a shit mystery though. The trick was thought out pretty well. The problem is it doesn't make sense to anyone without basic music theory knowledge...

I don't rate how I "feel" either.
Jan 9, 2016 10:08 PM

Nov 2014
Mayuka said:
ExTamplier said:
It's not a shit mystery though. The trick was thought out pretty well. The problem is it doesn't make sense to anyone without basic music theory knowledge...
Too bad, not every second watcher is educated in music.

Jan 9, 2016 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
Mayuka said:
Because every second watcher is educated in music.
That's what I'm saying. The mystery is cool if you know music. It's boring/confusing for people who've never learned it. That's like a person who's never watched Anime watching something like Gintama, Lucky Star or Osomatsu-san. It's not fun.
Jan 9, 2016 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
Mayuka said:
ExTamplier said:
Because every second watcher is educated in music.
That's what I'm saying. The mystery is cool if you know music. It's boring/confusing for people who've never learned it. That's like a person who's never watched Anime watching something like Gintama. It's not fun.
Pretty sure the episode was garbage even if this made sense. P.s. Stop baiting me with Gintama, it's not fun even after 2k titles.
P.s. None of them are fun.

Jan 9, 2016 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
Mayuka said:
That's what I'm saying. The mystery is cool if you know music. It's boring/confusing for people who've never learned it. That's like a person who's never watched Anime watching something like Gintama. It's not fun.
Pretty sure the episode was garbage even if this made sense. P.s. Stop baiting me with Gintama, it's not fun even after 2k titles.
Oh I forgot you hate Gintama lmao

Most people who like it have seen a lot of Anime so they get the references. That's my point.
Jan 9, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
Mayuka said:
ExTamplier said:

Most people who like it have seen a lot of Anime so they get the references. That's my point.
I know people who only watched Gintama and they liked it. But they probably hide that they watch Pokemons and Naruto.

Jan 9, 2016 10:17 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
Mayuka said:

I know people who only watched Gintama and they liked it. But they probably hide that they watch Pokemons and Naruto.
The thing is... Gintama is a very weeby show.. So I don't get the appeal of it if you're not already into Japanese culture and Anime.
Jan 9, 2016 10:18 PM

Nov 2014
Mayuka said:
ExTamplier said:
The thing is... Gintama is a very weeby show.. So I don't get the appeal of it if you're not already into Japanese culture and Anime.
Thank god I am not a weeb. You always know to cheer me up.

Jan 9, 2016 10:21 PM
Oct 2013
Mayuka said:

liking mxm pairings because het romance anime and hentai cater to males.

So otome adaptation like norn9, etc which is "het" romance anime is catering to males huh

good to know, and by the way, thank you for proving that i'm right

is it that hard that to admit you're just defending this series because there's a gay male, and malexmale is your fetish?

or is it such a bad stigma to be known as a fujoshi?
Jan 9, 2016 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
marlonnoti said:
Mayuka said:

liking mxm pairings because het romance anime and hentai cater to males.

So otome adaptation like norn9, etc which is "het" romance anime is catering to males huh

good to know, and by the way, thank you for proving that i'm right

is it that hard that to admit you're just defending this series because there's a gay male, and malexmale is your fetish?

or is it such a bad stigma to be known as a fujoshi?
i didn't say "all" lmao

i'm defending this series because it's not bad for that reason specifically
bash it for a legit reason, like it's poor pacing and over zealous female main character

it's not a fetish if i have hetero and lesbian pairings i like???
Jan 9, 2016 10:26 PM

Oct 2014
Mayuka said:

dude it's useless
i still remember a few months ago he make hundreds thread to troling & baiting GIntama .. LMAO

if you hate why keep watch..??
grow up
Saber
Jan 9, 2016 10:29 PM

Nov 2014
gembelela said:
Mayuka said:

dude it's useless
i still remember a few months ago he make hundreds thread to troling & baiting GIntama .. LMAO

if you hate why keep watch..??
grow up
inb4 banned for boosting

Jan 10, 2016 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
CaptLolicon said:
lizebutnotrize said:

I don't like guy on guy, why should I have to?

Might as well drop Berserk m8. idk, Griffith's relationship with men were much more explicit than this anime.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 10, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
Not rly a fan of Student-Teacher relationships, even if it's gay or not. Rly wish it was HaruChika instead of a love triangle.

Jan 10, 2016 3:03 AM

Jun 2014
Wow all the hate I see is only because the protag is gay, are people ignoring the fact that (for now) it's just an aspect of the character and not what the show is about? I'm pretty sure this show is about mystery.
If you want to bash on something bash it on something right not just because a character is gay.

And MAL treating people who defend this fact as fujoshi lmao.
Jan 10, 2016 3:50 AM

Jan 2015
I seriously can't believe how many guys are instantly dismissing the show because it has a gay character in it...this isn't a hentai, you don't have to be able to fap to it. It's not even a full on romance, nor is the gay character the only main character, or the only romance sub plot in the show...
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2016

86 by luminality »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.