Forum Settings
Forums

Petting confirmed removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates

New
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2016 2:51 PM

Feb 2010
DreamingBeats said:
Fai said:
I see no problem with gross and obscene otaku-catering "features" being removed. Buying this first day I can.

>"but have you even seen the petting..?"
>nope, why?
it's literally just a girl on screen blushing. unless you think that's "obscene" and needed to be removed.

Still shitty otaku pandering.

It's not like removing something like this would make me buy the game if I cared about it though (I don't)
VanisherJan 27, 2016 2:54 PM
Jan 27, 2016 3:09 PM

Apr 2010
I've played through the games and honestly guys you aren't missing out much. The mechanic is completely unnecessary outside of building supports (they will probably rebalance support to make up for that). It also really feels inappropriate for the game. One second you're fighting to death on a battlefield, the next you're stroking someone's face in your room.
Jan 27, 2016 3:38 PM

Feb 2008
Nice, they are removing the waifu shit parts and releasing game similar to what Fire Emblem used to be. Might actually buy it at this point.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 27, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2008
Hey everyone! Just like to point out
the source of this "leak" is Kotaku,
you know that crappy clickbait buzzfeed site that lies all the time and is blacklisted from multiple game devs for slander. Also every single article about it since then just quotes said Kotaku article. Hell, the article itself doesn't even source which "Nintendo Rep" they even were talking to about this. It's all BS they made up to get more clicks. Until a single article comes out that doesn't quote Kotaku and instead quotes Nintendo, I'm not believing anything. Might as well just lock the thread until real news confirms this. Or at least change the title of the thread to point out that this is only a rumor.
YupJan 27, 2016 4:10 PM
Jan 27, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get to pet Camilla? No buy!

Kidding, kidding. Of course I'll buy it. Well, losing this feature doesn't particulary annoy me but it will annoy some. Don't see why FE hipsters talk about how glad they are when this was something that you could simply ignore and not do altogether.
Jan 27, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2012
Solkiskey said:
I've played through the games and honestly guys you aren't missing out much. The mechanic is completely unnecessary outside of building supports (they will probably rebalance support to make up for that). It also really feels inappropriate for the game. One second you're fighting to death on a battlefield, the next you're stroking someone's face in your room.
And another second, you're having children, like Lucina.

WHO KNEW? ROMANCE IN A WAR GAME. CAN'T BE POSSIBLE.

ZetaZaku said:
Nice, they are removing the waifu shit parts and releasing game similar to what Fire Emblem used to be. Might actually buy it at this point.
Yeah, let's go back to poor sales. Maybe we should remove everything anime related.

Yup said:
you know that crappy clickbait buzzfeed site that lies all the time and is blacklisted from multiple game devs for slander. Also every single article about it since then just quotes said Kotaku article. Hell, the article itself doesn't even source which "Nintendo Rep" they even were talking to about this. It's all BS they made up to get more clicks. Until a single article comes out that doesn't quote Kotaku and instead quotes Nintendo, I'm not believing anything. Might as well just lock the thread until real news confirms this. Or at least change the title of the thread to point out that this is only a rumor.
IGN also claimed it happened.

And, just to be clear, whoever is for the censorship, is a minority.

http://strawpoll.me/6648118/r
ImmahnoobJan 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 27, 2016 4:46 PM

Feb 2010
Immahnoob said:

ZetaZaku said:
Yeah, let's go back to poor sales. Maybe we should remove everything anime related.

I would prefer my game to have quality rather than popularity.

Not like I would expect a guy with SAO and GC in their favorites to understand that.
Jan 27, 2016 4:49 PM

Feb 2008
Vanisher said:
Immahnoob said:

Pretty much this. To be honest, I'd rather see a franchise dead than turned into waifushit. At least Awakening had a purpose, since children from the future played an important role. But they are taking the waifushit too far, while dumbing down the actual important game mechanism.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Sep 2010
Don't really care tbh still buying Birthright. Only thing it does is raise support and you can do it quicker in battle so its not like we are missing out on much.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
Vanisher said:
Immahnoob said:

Not like I would expect a guy with SAO and GC in their favorites to understand that.
AKA You want your game to be dead. That's fine by me.

At least everyone suffers equally. Kek.

I'll be here with my English translation without paying a dime.

Oh and, prove the bold.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2010
Immahnoob said:
Solkiskey said:
And another second, you're having children, like Lucina.

WHO KNEW? ROMANCE IN A WAR GAME. CAN'T BE POSSIBLE.

ZetaZaku said:

Yup said:

You would honestly agree with me after trying it. It looks really silly and detracts from the seriousness of the game.
Jan 27, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2011
Solkiskey said:
You would honestly agree with me after trying it. It looks really silly and detracts from the seriousness of the game.

That should be for the player to decide for themselves, not a third-party who thinks they know best for everyone. Especially since it is an optional feature, so if you think it's silly you can simply ignore it.
Jan 27, 2016 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
Toasty_One said:
Immahnoob said:
Hack your o3DS/n3DS if it's version 10.3>.

Pirate the game.

Get the fan translation.

Profit.

Nah, nah can't do that.

Fan translation isn't the official translation. Can't handle that.

mfw that "Fan Translation" is probably a more accurate depiction than the "Official" Translation.

Fai said:
I see no problem with gross and obscene otaku-catering "features" being removed. Buying this first day I can.

Boy, Otaku-pandering features on a relatively niche game? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH
Whats gross is your inability to just accept cultural differences. Maybe i think the glorfied Violence in most Western games is just as "gross", but i'm sure you meant it in the context of unwashed neckbeards, because Otaku are "gross" by definition, right?

Honestly i don't care for the feature itself, I think its kind of silly, but removing it because of some shitty self-censorship crap is even sillier.
Jan 27, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
Narmy said:
Solkiskey said:

That should be for the player to decide for themselves, not a third-party who thinks they know best for everyone. Especially since it is an optional feature, so if you think it's silly you can simply ignore it.

Unfortunately that's not how localization works.
Jan 27, 2016 6:11 PM

Jun 2011
Solkiskey said:
Narmy said:

It is for any company who actually cares about their product and customers.
Jan 27, 2016 6:43 PM

Apr 2010
Narmy said:
Solkiskey said:

That's completely besides the point. But there's no point in arguing, you're probably too upset that they're removing something completely unnecessary.
Jan 27, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2015
"Its totally just localization guys, it's not censorship!!"
lol
Jan 27, 2016 6:47 PM

May 2008
Immahnoob said:

Yup said:

Nah man, I'm not seeing any IGN statement. There's an article about localization a week ago and one about DLC today. That's literally it. We need to either change the title of the thread to "Petting rumored to be removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates" or lock the thread. There is nothing confirmed here and keeping this up is only spreading misinformation. Which is most likely what Kotaku wants, to hurt the game as much as they can.
Jan 27, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2010
Yup said:
Immahnoob said:

Nah man, I'm not seeing any IGN statement. There's an article about localization a week ago and one about DLC today. That's literally it. We need to either change the title of the thread to "Petting rumored to be removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates" or lock the thread. There is nothing confirmed here and keeping this up is only spreading misinformation. Which is most likely what Kotaku wants, to hurt the game as much as they can.

Exactly. There's no confirmation from anywhere that petting is removed.
Jan 27, 2016 7:01 PM
Mar 2011
nintendo had do do this the west are prudes over all
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 27, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Yup said:

Jose Otero works for IGN and has actually played the English localized game. Check his twitter too and he'll mention the removal as well.

Also, while Kotaku is shit, I doubt they'd want to risk a blacklist with Nintendo of all companies by making a stunt out of this.

So no, I'm not changing the thread title.
PeenusWeenusCaimJan 27, 2016 7:16 PM
Jan 27, 2016 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:

Maybe, but there's still a VERY loud and noticeable group for it.
Jan 27, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2014
:( I'm not even sure if this game is worth getting anymore :(
Jan 27, 2016 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
Good thing I imported, I don't care much for the whole petting being removed, its more of so that I don't have to care about any of this bullshit because I've already played the game. Also its not localization anymore if they take a part of the original game out, its censorship. Final thing, petting is optional, you don't have to do it and the waifu stuff actually makes the game better imo. Romance and War are usually put together for a reason, because it works.
Jan 27, 2016 7:52 PM

Jun 2011
Solkiskey said:
Narmy said:

That's completely besides the point. But there's no point in arguing, you're probably too upset that they're removing something completely unnecessary.

I don't even care about Fire Emblem. I'm upset at any game being censored, period.
Jan 27, 2016 7:53 PM

Apr 2012
Solkiskey said:
Doubt it, I want to pet my waifus.
Battlechili said:
Immahnoob said:

And there's also a very noticeable anti-censorship group. I'd say, the ones against this whole thing are a minority, about ~12% (look at the strawpoll).

Now if everyone would follow suit and hack their shit...

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
Immahnoob said:
Solkiskey said:
Doubt it, I want to pet my waifus.
Battlechili said:

And there's also a very noticeable anti-censorship group. I'd say, the ones against this whole thing are a minority, about ~12% (look at the strawpoll).

Now if everyone would follow suit and hack their shit...

Just get Live2D assets lol
Jan 27, 2016 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
FontSize72LOL said:
Toasty_One said:

Nah, nah can't do that.

mfw that "Fan Translation" is probably a more accurate depiction than the "Official" Translation.

Fai said:

Whats gross is your inability to just accept cultural differences. Maybe i think the glorfied Violence in most Western games is just as "gross", but i'm sure you meant it in the context of unwashed neckbeards, because Otaku are "gross" by definition, right?

Honestly i don't care for the feature itself, I think its kind of silly, but removing it because of some shitty self-censorship crap is even sillier.

Boi, shots fired. You make me proud, Fontbruh. You really do ^^
Jan 27, 2016 8:21 PM

Nov 2014
Wtf? Why is this a thing.

Jan 27, 2016 8:32 PM

Mar 2012
I had no issue with the changes they made to Xenoblade Chronicles X. The boob slider was a weird emission but honestly not that big of a deal and Lin's skimpy bikini being toned down is very difficult to disagree with considering she's fucking 13.

I mean sure I can handle that kind of stuff but Nintendo obviously wanted to market the game to a much wider audience and the changes necessary to do so was all really trivial shit and not game breaking by any means.

I'm not sure if I'm on board with this one though. That is, if it's actually true and Kotaku aren't just making shit up as usual.
SeibaaHomuJan 27, 2016 8:36 PM
Jan 27, 2016 11:28 PM
Mar 2011
all the pro censorship tone in this topic sickens me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 27, 2016 11:40 PM
Apr 2015
SeibaaHomu said:
I had no issue with the changes they made to Xenoblade Chronicles X. The boob slider was a weird emission but honestly not that big of a deal and Lin's skimpy bikini being toned down is very difficult to disagree with considering she's fucking 13.

I don't care about the game but I don't like censorship. Who cares about the age of a fucking video game character? It's fictional and retarded to censor. Snatcher for the Sega CD, Katrina is 14 and has a nude shower scene. Instead of censoring the scene, they changed her age to 18 for the US release. Just inserting a magic number makes it OK.
Jan 28, 2016 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
I'm amused by some of the people here who act all mighty and say it's "otaku gross shit", when they have allot of "otaku/waifu gross shit" completed anime in their list. Well going guys...you're quite the hypocrites.

It doesn't matter if it's gross or not...I want to have the same content Japan has. I'm paying the same money for less content right now. Oh and yeah, I'm against of any kind of censorship in games. And yeah I want to pet my waifus.
Jan 28, 2016 1:46 AM
Mar 2011
Siruppercut said:
SeibaaHomu said:

I don't care about the game but I don't like censorship. Who cares about the age of a fucking video game character? It's fictional and retarded to censor. Snatcher for the Sega CD, Katrina is 14 and has a nude shower scene. Instead of censoring the scene, they changed her age to 18 for the US release. Just inserting a magic number makes
it OK.

thats still censorship of artist original intent ofr the fucking prudes

Jan 28, 2016 2:57 AM

Jul 2007
FontSize72LOL said:
Toasty_One said:

Nah, nah can't do that.

Fai said:

Because otaku pandering is gross and objectification is gross?

I for one applaud Nintendo for caring for Fire Emblem's reputation in the west. IT was always a great fantasy game and Fates is return to the roots(in gameplay and story) after anime-as-fuck Awakening trainwreck. ITs good that its name wont be tainted by "features" like that.
Jan 28, 2016 2:59 AM
Apr 2015
DateYutaka said:
Siruppercut said:

I don't care about the game but I don't like censorship. Who cares about the age of a fucking video game character? It's fictional and retarded to censor. Snatcher for the Sega CD, Katrina is 14 and has a nude shower scene. Instead of censoring the scene, they changed her age to 18 for the US release. Just inserting a magic number makes
it OK.

thats still censorship of artist original intent ofr the fucking prudes

I'm just giving an example. I already said It's fictional and retarded to censor. Video game characters can be any age regardless of how they look. They don't even age yearly. If the age of the girl in Xenoblade was changed to 18, would they still need to censor the bikini? Just changing Katrina's age in Snatcher suddenly makes it acceptable because most states in the US 18 being the legal age.
Jan 28, 2016 3:48 AM

Mar 2012
Siruppercut said:
I don't care about the game
No surprises there.

Just inserting a magic number makes it OK.
Except when the character looks like a 13 year old, acts like a 13 year old, sounds like a 13 year old and is often directly referenced as a 13 year old. To incorporate such a change would require a massive overhaul of a large amount of dialogue. In other words, massive amounts of censorship.

What Nintendo did was cover over some sideboob. Your hair brained idea is to change a vital part of a character's identity just to incorporate some stupid and completely inconsequential feature that's really only in the game for creeps.

But of course you haven't even played the god damn game. It's really no wonder that you don't know what you're talking about.
Jan 28, 2016 4:05 AM

Jan 2013
Fai said:

I for one applaud Nintendo for caring for Fire Emblem's reputation in the west. IT was always a great fantasy game and Fates is return to the roots(in gameplay and story) after anime-as-fuck Awakening trainwreck. ITs good that its name wont be tainted by "features" like that.
Oh for gods sake, fuck off. I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for years now and Nintendo of America does not give two shits about Fire Emblem as a series. If they truly cared for the series, they would have spent money marketing and advertising the previous Fire Emblem iterations. If they truly cared for the series, they wouldn't have limited the manufacturing of previous Fire Emblem games. If they cared for the series, they would have localized Fire Emblem 12. And if they truly cared now, they would have stood by the original dev's decisions and kept the homosexuality and skinship mini-games unaltered. The only reason why they seem to "care" for its "reputation" now is not in spirit of the series itself, but because of money, because Awakening happened to be a financial success. Reminder that Nintendo of America didn't give a shit about Xenoblade until it became a financial success.

Also you can't be talking shit about otaku pandering when you were defending this #FE idol shit in a previous thread.

I admit, the skinship is pretty fuckin weird and completely off in tone compared to classic Fire Emblem games but that doesn't change the fact that it's content being cut from a game.

You nerds complain about the triple A industry as trite and monotonous, but in truth you all are the reason as to why its happening in the first place with this approval of removal. Let stagnation continue and creativity be damned.
Jan 28, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
Fai said:
FontSize72LOL said:

How is it Objectification if the minigame allowed you to "pet" male characters too? Or is it only the female characters that are under the scrutiny of "objectification".

SeibaaHomu said:
Siruppercut said:
I don't care about the game
No surprises there.

Just inserting a magic number makes it OK.
Except when the character looks like a 13 year old, acts like a 13 year old, sounds like a 13 year old and is often directly referenced as a 13 year old. To incorporate such a change would require a massive overhaul of a large amount of dialogue. In other words, massive amounts of censorship.

What Nintendo did was cover over some sideboob. Your hair brained idea is to change a vital part of a character's identity just to incorporate some stupid and completely inconsequential feature that's really only in the game for creeps.

But of course you haven't even played the god damn game. It's really no wonder that you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh boy... Time to bust out the good ol' le meme arrows for this one.

>Implying someone IRL cant sound, look, and act younger than their actual age.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

>Implying that the person voicing that character isn't probably in their 20's
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

>Implying the game isn't fiction or something
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

(I'm pretty sure you get the point by now)

Increasing the age is fine, they do it all the time for less plausible shit, even though i'm pretty sure the game is all ages, or at the very least marketed towards a teenage audience. God forbid. Jesus christ its like people in this world cant distinguish between fiction and reality or something.

Here is the thing... Its not like i care about boob sliders or outfits that much, I just find it silly how much of a double standard it is in American culture when it comes to anything remotely "lewd". Like holy shit the kinds of things i've seen in Music videos, but god forbid a game shows a little bit of side boob. THINK OF THE CHILDREN, right? Its fucking stupid.

TR-8RCaim said:
SeibaaHomu said:
I live near a beach and you'll shit your soccer-mom pants at the sight of what kids wear these days. Lyn's bikini is literally nothing in comparison. How is a fictional video game character in a bikini weird to the same culture that publicized underage, Disney-Approved, Hannah Montana pole dancing at the Teen's Choice Awards?

Pretty much this, lol.
FontSize72LOLJan 28, 2016 4:26 AM
Jan 28, 2016 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
I live near a beach and you'll shit your soccer-mom pants at the sight of what kids wear these days. Lyn's bikini is literally nothing in comparison. How is a fictional video game character in a bikini weird to the same culture that publicized underage, Disney-Approved, Hannah Montana pole dancing at the Teen's Choice Awards?
Jan 28, 2016 4:27 AM
Feb 2014
I'm convinced that the shills at Kotaku are basically trying to make more clickbait so they can ruse the Nintendo fans just for their own personal gain as always. They've done this not just once, not just twice, but again and again and again and again and again.

Also, it's all about the money and sales regarding Japanese games because the economy isn't looking to any upward direction much sooner, but hey, it at least works, not to mention it's literally a choice of buying/pirating whatever version you want, so people really need to chill the fuck out.

Reactions like these are why I am ashamed to be a devoted Nintendo fan. I'm just getting into Fire Emblem and I see no problems with its progression, so forgive me if I'm a "false fan" if you would.

Vanisher said:

Define "quality" because I'm sure that doesn't mean anything when it comes to determining what is a success in gaming just because you and only you say so. If anything, FE always had good quality, I guess just putting in one thing and now having it being censored must be the greatest thing in the world right?

Also, insulting someone's favorite anime really shows what agenda you have.

Fai said:

So basically, you hate anime-inspired art or ideas in a video game. FE always had this, so now you're calling it out for that just because of one questionable minigame alone? LOL
AqutanJan 28, 2016 4:31 AM
Jan 28, 2016 4:33 AM

Mar 2009
Narmy said:

I don't even care about Fire Emblem. I'm upset at any game being censored, period.
Pretty much this.
Not giving the English release the full content from the original version is probably also quite offensive to the original creators. Some game companies' PRs may mention that they agree with the changes for a wider audience, but it would just be human for them to actually take offense to it behind the scene.
Jan 28, 2016 4:33 AM
Feb 2014
TR-8RCaim said:
SeibaaHomu said:

Remember, when in doubt, always blame the Japanese for degeneracy!

Also to be fair, I can understand why that got censored, although, I feel like no one really understands age of consent as it is, so who are they kidding? Thank Goodness for translations.
Jan 28, 2016 4:50 AM

Apr 2012
Solkiskey said:
Just get Live2D assets lol
You should stop drinking bleach, it's not doing you good.
@SeibaaHomu
Except when the character looks like a 13 year old, acts like a 13 year old, sounds like a 13 year old and is often directly referenced as a 13 year old.
Yeah, being a genius engineer that pilots mecha suits is something 13 year olds do in our world.

And what's wrong with a 13 year old in a bikini? What's wrong, are you attracted to them and must have to make them wear bikinis when it's all optional?
@Nico-
Also to be fair, I can understand why that got censored
All of a sudden, you no longer have an argument.

There would have been no backlash that wouldn't have actually helped the sales.

Hell, there might have been no backlash at all.
I admit, the skinship is pretty fuckin weird and completely off in tone compared to classic Fire Emblem games but that doesn't change the fact that it's content being cut from a game.

@TR-8RCaim

I disagree, why would skin ship be weird and completely off tone with the game? You're saying support conversations are also out of tone and weird then.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 4:50 AM
Feb 2014
No meaning since it's no use arguing with SJWs about age/sexualization because they think age of consent in America is 18 ffs.

But I probably would have been against the censoring anyways, what do imports have to gain from that anyways? What happened to "don't buy things you don't like" cuz I'm sure the Japanese don't have these people going up in protests screaming #XLivesMatter in regards to GAMING issues of all things
Jan 28, 2016 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Nico- said:
TR-8RCaim said:

Remember, when in doubt, always blame the Japanese for degeneracy!

Also to be fair, I can understand why that got censored, although, I feel like no one really understands age of consent as it is, so who are they kidding? Thank Goodness for translations.
To be honest, I wasn't really surprised when the stuff got censored either. It's to be expected in a country that's relatively backwards when it comes to open-mindedness. But alas, what can we do?

I'll be using the fan translations when I get to dissecting this game soon.
Jan 28, 2016 5:04 AM

Feb 2008
Neato. I think it's about time I sell my 3DS.

I'm already pissed off enough that Nintendo still region locks their games (not surprising since they're a decade behind the times in every single regard), meaning I can't play games in Japanese despite knowing Japanese, and since I'll be studying abroad in Japan for a year, I can't even take the damn thing with me because none of the games I buy in-store would work on it. It wouldn't even be 'importing' in that case-- I'd be buying games in their home market and it wouldn't even work. Nintendo doesn't want my money, apparently.

As for Fire Emblem, not only have I been forced to wait 8 months longer for no good reason, but now they're also forcing me to buy an inferior and highly censored version against my will. This was the only 3DS game in the past two years that I've cared about playing, and now I think I'll pass.

PS. I've looked into disabling the region lock, but apparently you need to buy some stupid $100 game for it to work, and downloading games 'for free' apparently doesn't work on more recent firmware versions (I'm on 9.8, unfortunately).
Jan 28, 2016 5:05 AM

Apr 2012
It's bothersome that some moist cucumbers think that age of consent is actually an argument or a way to see if a state is fine with the "sexualization of minors" or "sex with minors" or whatever. Yes, the law won't persecute you, that is true at least.

No, there are almost no people that are fine with that though, but since this is fiction we're talking about, no one fucking cares, no one boycotts Lolita anymore, even if it features "icky" content with a child.

And you're right @Nico-. They have nothing to gain. These are such small changes that don't matter for sales. Do you think anyone in their right mind looks for these things when they buy a game? No, they tend to look at more important things, setting, gameplay, genre, etc.

Guess what though, it isn't hard to actually feature uncensored dialogue either.

That's why localization teams are actually pretty damn useless. Why they make these changes usually is because of money. They make small, stupid changes to suck off more money from the main company.

Oh, and of course, a bit of agenda is always there, maybe a bit more when we're talking Treehouse for example.
Veronin said:
PS. I've looked into disabling the region lock, but apparently you need to buy some stupid $100 game for it to work, and downloading games 'for free' apparently doesn't work on more recent firmware versions (I'm on 9.8, unfortunately).
Want me to help you hack your system? I've hacked mine and I know all the steps necessary. Since you're on 9.8, it should be a breeze.

That way you can install the fan translation and have no region lock (well, you will, but you can patch it whenever you open your 3DS).

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 5:29 AM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
I disagree, why would skin ship be weird and completely off tone with the game? You're saying support conversations are also out of tone and weird then.
It's weird because no other Fire Emblem game has ever had a mini-game to embrace the series. It always sticked to the tactics formula when it comes to gameplay and that's it. It's off tone because romance was never emphasized to this degree of interactivity.

I don't see supports as weird because the mechanic has existed since the first game.
Jan 28, 2016 5:38 AM

Feb 2008
Immahnoob said:
Veronin said:
Want me to help you hack your system? I've hacked mine and I know all the steps necessary. Since you're on 9.8, it should be a breeze.

That way you can install the fan translation and have no region lock (well, you will, but you can patch it whenever you open your 3DS).

If there's a way to do it without paying tons of money for sketchy hardware and what not then I'd be super happy.

Sent you a PM.
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Switch 2 launching with Breath of the Wild Remake!?

rohan121 - May 12

13 by RobertsahDHDA »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3563 by Lost_Viking »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

289 by Liza27 »»
Today, 8:49 AM

» Do you track Accounts you made online

ST63LTH - May 4

7 by SnipeStrike »»
Today, 8:43 AM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

18 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.