Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, a fair amount of reflection of the roles at the workplace is shown again. I also find it amusing how the adults acts like kids sometimes at the workplace. Oh and I found the Western-like style gimmick to be amusing this episode as well. This show really has neat creativity and it's quite entertaining; especially that weird funky tornado move or whatever this week lol

Now I also want to eat some rice balls
Mar 19, 2015 9:07 AM

Oct 2012
My guess is that it is no coincidence that real-life Shirobako Director Tsutomu Mizushima's
name and title appears right above the head of the fictional director of "Third Aerial Girls
Squad". I have always thought that much of this series is loosely based on Mizushima's
experiences over his career. This is the first time that there has been a direct hint.

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aaieba149/imgs/9/0/90b37d5d.jpg
Mar 19, 2015 9:14 AM
Oct 2012
Nice scene with the director and actual writer. Watching two creative geniuses work out things is a wonderful thing to witness, and this scene captured it well.

All the VA fans are going to go crazy, sort of wished the production committee had helped her get the job though.

Love the dose of absurdity with the western scene, it had the right touch. Same with Miyamori's reaction at the end. That said all the really needed to be said about her as a person. Very touching.
Mar 19, 2015 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
Finally, ZUKA-CHAN GETS A ROLE. Just look at how happy Aoi is... that amount of emotions from her. It's like all the weight from Shizuka have been lifted off.
Mar 19, 2015 10:11 AM

Aug 2011
ZUKA GETS A ROLE!?!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS
Mar 19, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2009
That's a big change

Mar 19, 2015 10:41 AM
Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
That's a big change

Now I would have LOVED to hear the instructions of what brought about that change!

"Humm, nice design, but she needs to make more of an impact."
"Inflate the breasts?"
"Better, but still we need more impact"
"In a bikini?"
"Genius!"
Mar 19, 2015 11:20 AM
Mar 2013
I had no idea to say when I saw Oichan's crying. That should be against the law or something but anyway, I'm happy to have seen Shizuka arrived at the start line finally. This was the beginning for her to have a role of a named character.
As for the scene of the meetings at the manga publisher's, I was a bit disappointed because they dodged some difficult problems and reasons that caused the editors to act that stupid. Chazawa being stupid may be okay, which was his given role. But, how come his higher-ups were so? Just because Chazawa was very stupid couldn't make the matter that bad. For instance, Chazawa knew Nogame's first animation was a disaster to the author so he would like to minimize the burden on him... or such...
By the way, did you see the envelope appeared at the start of the ending movie had a large "R" mark? The earlier movies got retaken.
htsujiMar 20, 2015 1:32 AM
Mar 19, 2015 11:30 AM
Oct 2012
htsuji said:
Chazawa being stupid may be okay, which was his given role but how come his higher-ups were so? Just because Chazawa was very stupid couldn't make the matter that bad. For instance, Chazawa knew Nogame's first animation was a disaster to the author so he would like to minimize the burden on him... or such...

Chazawa wasn't merely stupid, he was lazy and a liar. The higher ups were defending the author from what Chazawa told them was their unreasonable requests (which they rightly should do); Chazawa didn't want the writer and director to meet because his own laziness would have been exposed (as it was in the end).

His laziness was based on the belief that everything was just too bothersome, so he put everything off until the last minute and then blamed the studio. There is nothing wrong with the agent being the filter, but the agent needs to understand what the author wants and be able to convey it to the studio and vice versa. Chazawa never bothered, he took the path of absolute least effort and dumped everything on the studio. Once the author and the bosses understood that, their mood quickly changed.
Mar 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
NihonFalcom said:
ZUKA GETS A ROLE!?!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Yeah.. I'm glad too :))
Mar 19, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2011
Zuka finally gets a role... *sniff*

Finally...finally...I am so...happy for her... *sniff*

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Mar 19, 2015 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Definitely choked up harder seeing Oi-Chan's tears than seeing the last episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

I could totally understand why Miyamori would cry so much and the emotions didn't feel fake at all. Shizuka getting a voice role was just the perfect way to end the whole miscommunication fiasco between the studio and the author. Not only are the viewers relieved to see the show back on track, viewers are also relieved that one of our beloved protagonists finally became a step closer to her dream after not having much success throughout twenty episodes of this show. 11/10
Mar 19, 2015 4:45 PM
Aug 2009
pakoko said:
Definitely choked up harder seeing Oi-Chan's tears than seeing the last episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

I could totally understand why Miyamori would cry so much and the emotions didn't feel fake at all. Shizuka getting a voice role was just the perfect way to end the whole miscommunication fiasco between the studio and the author. Not only are the viewers relieved to see the show back on track, viewers are also relieved that one of our beloved protagonists finally became a step closer to her dream after not having much success throughout twenty episodes of this show. 11/10

I'm the same, Shigatsu I was braced for, not to mention I read the Manga so I think that might have taken the edge off. But I was genuinely surprised and pleased to see this episode. Almost felt like tearing up myself. She really is the heart of the group, she gets the least glorious job with the most pressure and yet she is always thinking about everyone else. Miyamori sure is something else...
Mar 19, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
HAHAHA the director fighting scenes are so hilarious!!

Oh god, the very last scene, I'm so so moved!
pakoko said:
*nod nod*
Mar 19, 2015 6:13 PM

Aug 2011
Finally Zukachaaan Ọ____Ọ
That Aoichan at the end that damn touching Ọ___Ọ
Mar 19, 2015 6:38 PM
Sep 2013
after Shigatsu, comes Shirobako. very nice week, indeed.

I take back my word last week, saying that it would be cliche end to have zuka in TAG. The way they handle the whole story until the end really exceeded my expectation.

Dat myamori tears..
Mar 19, 2015 8:24 PM
May 2014
ZUKA-CHAAAAAAN!!!!! So happy to see her finally getting a role! I've been waiting for this day. :')
Mar 19, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2011
I'm crying at the end too.
She's one step closer to her dream. T^T
Mar 20, 2015 1:13 AM
Jan 2012
Myamori in tears was lovely.

This is the best anime of Winter 2014-2015 (period).
Mar 20, 2015 2:50 AM
Mar 2015
This episode was definitely one of the best of the series! The director's fights with the manga editors cracked me up so much XD (the elasticity of the director's stomach may be one of the best defenses of the anime world)
And.. the very very best part!! Myamori's tears!!! I replayed that part so many times. It really was the best way to resolve the series. Loved that Zuka landed this role, made it more realistic than landing the side protagonist's role from the beginning considering her level of experience. Also made it extra emotional when we finally see her getting closer to her dreams.. TT
Mar 20, 2015 5:02 AM
Aug 2009
Arrghhhh... I can't get over it, that scene when she is covering her face is sooo immensely cute, I've re-watched it so many times now but when she hides it soooo adorable.

Imagine though her happiness and relief that her friend finally took the first step, that simple and honest emotion of joy for someone else other than you. Miyamori, in this one simple performance, easily becomes one of my fave heroine's ever.
Mar 20, 2015 5:53 AM
Nov 2013
oh god ! my tears at the end ...
Mar 20, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
Could someone tell me where to find a subbed version of the episode? HorribleSubs hasn't posted it and it's been 24 hours, so I don't think they will. I'm having a hard time finding anything but raws.
Mar 20, 2015 10:07 AM
Aug 2009
I think the posters so far all watched the raws (I did atleast). I don't think H-subs has released it yet. XD
Mar 20, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
That belly martial arts was gold lol, couldn't stop laughing.

That editor is pretty annoying, felt like the upper staff put every blame on the editor, best scapegoat too. It was pretty nice seeing all the support the director got.

The sensei was pretty nice, getting to an understanding with the director and sharing each others passion.

Shizuka finally getting a role, the dialogue really fitted too, being one step closer. Oi-chan crying really got me, cried a little too. Quite the amazing episode to see Zuka part of the Aerial Girls!

6/5 button please... A fun and emotional episode, can't ask for more!
Mar 20, 2015 10:24 AM
Mar 2014
This is.. easily one of the best anime episodes of all time. At least in my opinion. There's nothing I can complain about or even pick at here.

Was definitely worth the wait for subs.
Mar 20, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
I cried the greatest feeling manly tears ever. OMG.
Mar 20, 2015 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
NihonFalcom said:

This scene moved me more than Shigatsu. Not lying, not trolling.
YumeNoMonogatariMar 20, 2015 11:16 AM
Mar 20, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Now tell me, why does this brilliant of a show only have 7.66 rating and 39,919 members? Where is the love for this show, MAL? Are you tsundere for good shows? Please tell me why, how, what did go wrong? Please. PLEASE TELL ME!
Mar 20, 2015 11:08 AM
Aug 2009
HachiKirra said:
Now tell me, why does this brilliant of a show only have 7.66 rating and 39,919 members? Where is the love for this show, MAL? Are you tsundere for good shows? Please tell me why, how, what did go wrong? Please. PLEASE TELL ME!

Good shows that aren't hyped will get less love than over-hyped fan service filled stuff like the latest episode of Saekano. Don't even bother hoping for a good anything on MAL when something is genuinely good unless the hype-train is there.
On MAL it seems PLOT gets more upvotes than plot...
Mar 20, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2011
This was well worth the wait. 10/10 would cry again T.T
Mar 20, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
That was so damn sweet, Miyamori just broke my heart in the best way.
Mar 20, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
finally zuka-chan gets a role

this needs a S2
Mar 20, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
And last scene was much more moving than whole last Shigatsu episodes. The feelings were just real and honest.
5/5 and probably 10/10.

I always loved P.A. Works productions (I liked even Glasslip, which was not that bad, really, I'm not trolling or something).
P.A. Works is on 1st place in my studios rating chart (together with Shaft).

I really hoping for s2
HachiKirra said:

Lol. It is always like that. Good shows has ratings from ~6.5 ~ 7.8.
If you want something interesting, just search in this range.
rsc-plMar 20, 2015 11:52 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 20, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2012
That last scene was great. Started tearing up while Shizuka was reading her lines and lost it when Aoi started crying. So many feels ;______;

Mar 20, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
Easily the best episode of the series so far. I was wondering how they could get Sakaki into the production so close to the end so I'm very impressed by the script of the episode. The perfect blend of humour, drama and tears.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Mar 20, 2015 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
So glad that Zuka finally got a role
Mar 20, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode!!!

YumeNoMonogatari said:
NihonFalcom said:

Me too.
Mar 20, 2015 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
Now that the show is so close to ending, I've come to realize just how much I like it. I really thought it was going to end up being one of those ones I watch, rate average, and then don't think about again afterwards but now it's probably up there in my favourites. I really hope there'll be a season two or at least a little 2-3 episode OVA arc or something.
pakoko said:

This. Shigatsu was obviously going to be sad; Shirobako came out of nowhere, and it managed to get all the girls to work on an anime together in a roundabout, though fairly realistic, way.
Mar 20, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
Nice ending to Aerial Girls :)
And when Aoi cried... ;_;
Mar 20, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2010
So it wasn't Nogame who wan no game but it was the editor or was no game.
Well he wasn't really fir for the job trying to shift his responsibilities elsewhere.

I wasn't surprised that Nogame and the director worked things out so quickly, since the fact that the never met was the problem.
It was nice to see that they gave each other ideas to work with, is the boss would say it was a win win situation.
Mar 20, 2015 12:22 PM
Oct 2010
That annoying editor finally got what he deserved. Dunno how much blame the other editors had, but at least the worst offender was removed. The scene was funny, a bit fantastic but I supposed what we saw is what Miyamori was imagining while waiting.
Skullcrusher said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:
Me too.
The unexpected factor plays an important role. (I was kinda ninja´d here)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 20, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2013
crevette said:
This was well worth the wait. 10/10 would cry again T.T

Or in Kinoshita Seiichi's case, this was well worth the "weight" amirite? HAHAHAHA... oh jeez no wonder I don't have friends in real life.
Mar 20, 2015 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
And last scene was much more moving than whole last Shigatsu episodes. The feelings were just real and honest.
5/5 and probably 10/10.

I agree. that was so natural and unexpected that I almost shed manly tears on how surreal, subtle yet emotional it was. Definitely worth the anticipation that Shizuka will get a role
Mar 20, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
This was a beautiful episode. I know I always said previously "this episode is now my personal favorite" but damn, this one is just on a whole new level.

Everything was just handled so well, I was astonished. From the director's super cool epic badass cowboy entry to the ending, where Zuka finally gets a role and Aoi starts crying. I was moved on so many levels.

This show is definitely an all time favorite for me.

NihonFalcom said:

Cried rivers there ;_;

10/10 would cry again. One of the most emotionally impactful scene I've seen in anime, on par, if not better, than my favorite scenes.
Mar 20, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
Henna Hanashi finally got what he deserves!!! Dat Hadou belly XD Henna Hanashi JANAI!!!
Turns out Nogame's a bro :D

I guess I understand why Nogame-sensei is so persistent seeing how his previous series turned out ^^; Like the guy. Dat Bromance with Kinoshita was awesome :3

It was quite ridiculous how quickly he replied though <_<

The Dramatic cowboy exit from the car Kantoku had with the Old American OST was so cool and hilarious with all dem belly attacks XD

Zuka getting a new character's role and an imouto's as that was awesome!! Oi-chan's teary face was so kawaiii <3
Mar 20, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2008
Zuka got role~!
I couldn't stop crying and I still can't...
I so happy for her!
Finally!
I thought she will be only one who will be left out...
SO HAPPY!

Aoi's reaction - basically me
Really, all girls have parts in this anime.
Just. Right. In. The. Kokoro.

Also... I almost fainted when I heard Nogame's voice.
I was really curious what kind of mangaka he is xD
Really like his talk with Kantoku.

Really love this episode :)
One more time - ZUKA, OMETETOO!
Mar 20, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Aaaw that made me cry too!!! I'm so happy she finally gets to play a role :D
Mar 20, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
rsc-pl said:
5/5 and probably 10/10.

I planned give this series 7/10,
I usually don't rate series based on final episodes,
but... this comment and yeah...
That episode give more feelings than final episode of Shigatsu...
Mar 20, 2015 1:36 PM

Dec 2009
That episode was such a masterpiece. Suspenseful, funny and moving. Everything was here.
Seriously, I can't believe how better this series is getting with each new episode.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.