Forum Settings
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 26, 2014 2:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
RedgraveGilver said:

I'll miss the badass silver haired moka. Moka's change in this epilogue is just so jarring and remember that this is the silver haired one.

I know, right? I was thinking "who the hell is this impostor?" Where's the regal, aloof and spectacularly violent Moka we know? I know that she was becoming "nicer" and more *dere* and after all that's happened she'd be more approachable, but I think Ikeda went too far. Unless of course the point is that a lot more of Outer Moka is inside her than implied.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Apr 2014
ahh shame it ended
Apr 26, 2014 4:11 AM

Aug 2012
So I just read the English translation and it was definitely more inspirational than the raw version.
Ikeda definitely could make a season III based on this open ending but I really dont think he's going to.
At first, I thought this wonderful story ended with another typical harem ending however looking at it with a more sophisticated angle, one can discover that this epilogue does not in fact conclude with a harem ending.
Moka's hair turns pink, and Issa talking about how Moka ( Inner) had always had her mother traits implanted in her soul and as long as Tsukune believes its there, then its there. Tsukune sees the traits of the one he loves inside Moka, therefore it is obvious that he will choose Moka as his partner. Ending Rosario Vampire with a wedding would be way too typical, so Ikeda decided to give the reader room to imagine the future of Yokai Academy and the lives of our heroines.
If outer Moka and Inner Moka both survived in the end of Rosario Vampire that would lessen the sophistication of this manga. I am beginning to understand why the author killed off Outer Moka/Akasha, it was so that the story can progress towards the more dramatic path. Inner Moka showing outer Moka traits is the best way to fit Tsukune's resolve.
Definitly a 10/10 from my perspective, I really hope there is a season III but if Ikeda doesnt decide to provide us with one, I think I will be okay knowing that Tsukune will finally be with the one he loves.

P.S. The Issa Shuzen training Tsukune thing... that is also a major hint on the fact that Moka is gonna be with Tsukune.
MokaxTsukune2014
Apr 26, 2014 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
Marzan said:
RedgraveGilver said:

I'll miss the badass silver haired moka. Moka's change in this epilogue is just so jarring and remember that this is the silver haired one.

I know, right? I was thinking "who the hell is this impostor?" Where's the regal, aloof and spectacularly violent Moka we know? I know that she was becoming "nicer" and more *dere* and after all that's happened she'd be more approachable, but I think Ikeda went too far. Unless of course the point is that a lot more of Outer Moka is inside her than implied.

Exactly. Everything that made Inner Moka is literally gone. Ikeda might have as well make this Moka to have pink hair and she is literally the copy paste of the outer one, which remind you guys that the outer one is ploughing Akasha albeit a clone. I find it hard to believe that she will change just like that considering she has been living for like 10+ years and have that badass, regal and elegant but violent personality.

I just recently read the first chapter of the first season and some highlights of the inner one, and i just can't picture myself for that Moka to become like this. Oh well i guess character development then? I would have been fine for it if it's done in a more believable way, not how the outer one is somehow inside of her or something.
Apr 26, 2014 7:36 AM

Dec 2012
The ending was a good ending for me, it at least gives us an insight into how they are doing, and we got exactly that. It is obvious that Moka is the only girl for Tsukune, and he was in love with the 'Outer' Moka, who is shown to have fused with the Inner Moka to become one. So not an open ending.
Apr 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
Ugh. Damn harem endings.
fucking hate that crap.
Apr 26, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
300 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Ugh. Damn harem endings.
fucking hate that crap.

Not really a harem ending though. It's so heavily implied that he'll be with Moka that the only thing their missing is the wedding cake.
Apr 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Well her father basically directly talked to him about harems so to me it is basically presented in a way that its the readers choice for it to be a harem or Moka only ending.

The whole merging Moka thing is jarring because they were so different from each other. I guess your supposed to overlook that fact and just look at it as "oh look everything is normal again"
Apr 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2012
so the busdriver was strong youkai , maybe supreme commander of all the monsters ..
The greatest mystery of this manga solved.

Apr 26, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
Wasn't a bad end to the manga. Was good to see Issa, pity we never got to see his true strength in the end. His facial expression had cracking up though.

I would've preferred if they left it at Inner Moka end instead of a fusion between her and outer version. The way her personality changed so much was a bit weird. It would've been fine if they toned down her usual self but Ikeda over did that a little. Well at least judging from the end I'm guessing it's implying Tsukune loves Moka so he'll end up with her at the very least?

I always wondered about the bus driver, surprised to see he's Nurarihyon. Didn't expect that at all lol!

Don't expect to see a 3rd series but I think most the major points were all time up no? There's probably room for some development but not enough that I can see it being possible for a 3rd...guess we just gotta wait and see! Well even if there isn't it was a good run! 8/10 overall from me :)
Apr 26, 2014 8:44 PM

Jun 2013
Its not a harem ending, its called an open ending.

A harem ending by definition, is an ending where the main character marries or gets together with all or some of the girls, ie Tenchi, and in all likelihood To Love Ru and High School DxD. That is a harem ending. Getting tired of hearing open endings called harem endings.

Also to the gent above, I would say its about 45 - 45 - 10. 45 percent end with them chosing one girl, 45 are left open, and about 10 end with more than one girl chosen. Its really not the case where most end up with open endings. This one basically ended with him choosing Moka, and TWGOKs end up with him choosing Chizuru. Actually on retrospect, I would actually say one girl getting chosen is even more common than the open ending. In any case the true harem ending is the rarest.
Apr 26, 2014 11:31 PM
Feb 2014
It will probably end, but I still dream for season 3 (or a spin off)
Apr 27, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2010
This manga was a nice ride. I'm open if there will ever be a season 3. Kinda depressed that inner-Moka wasn't her usual cool self in the end though.
Apr 27, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
I really wanted a conclusive ending nicely at the second season, because I really don't want to see this going on to a 3rd season.

It should have ended with a Moka x Tsukune ending...

I think it is inevitable that we get a third season now...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 27, 2014 4:56 PM
Mar 2009
I'm doubting a Season 3 is coming with this ending. It's a typical harem ending and just bleh. Looks like the same old full circle to me. Moka bites Tsukune-->Kurumu butts in-->chaos ensues.

So Moka is starting to fuse/adopt her mother's soul? That's...kind of weird. Her icy demeanor is now gone and replaced with Outer Moka's bubbliness. I wish we could have at least gotten a colour spread in the last page.

I don't know. I'm kind of disappointed with the ending; it's parallel to The World God Only Knows. Both have a harem and both rushed the shit out of the ending so that it felt unsatisfying as a conclusion to the whole story.
Apr 27, 2014 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
What do you call definite exactly? He basically picked Moka, did you want him to f*** her directly in a manga panel? I mean barring hentai or a wedding he made it clear as possible that he picked Moka.

So no, its not really open.
krownklownApr 27, 2014 8:38 PM
Apr 27, 2014 6:14 PM

Sep 2013
krownklown said:
What do you call definite exactly? He basically picked Moka, did you want him to f*** her directly in a manga panel?

Actually. Yes.
Apr 27, 2014 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
Theaterofhope said:
krownklown said:
What do you call definite exactly? He basically picked Moka, did you want him to f*** her directly in a manga panel?

Actually. Yes.

My friend, its called Dōjinshi. And I am pretty sure RV has its fair share.
Apr 28, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
I was getting ready for feel trip but instead I got the feeling of is this the end? i still have so many questions.. and so many things i want to know..

1) i want a better character develop for Issa
2) who is the driver?
3) i want to know how is suke as a headmaster
4) what happened to the older sister of moka?
5) what happened to ginei since he is 4th year? so he is almost out
6) the relationship btw suke family and him?

so many question and i need answers D:
Apr 29, 2014 12:40 AM
Apr 2014
^+1

All good things must come to an end unfortunately :(

Praying for season 3! >.<
Apr 29, 2014 5:06 AM

Apr 2012
victor2195 said:

who is the driver?

Nurari AKA Nurarihyon. The Supreme commander of all Monsters.
Apr 30, 2014 6:56 PM
Nov 2010
Theaterofhope said:
krownklown said:

Actually. Yes.

You actually find any characters in this manga fappable?
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
May 3, 2014 2:08 AM
Sep 2013
Loved it ..and I hope for III

OOOOOOOOOH MOKA .. TSUKUNE .. OOOOOOOOOH MOKA .. TSUKUNE :P
May 3, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2013
The epilogue feels to me like a "transit-chapter" which results into a new arc. But actually that may be just my own wishfull thinking.
May 13, 2014 7:33 AM

Mar 2014
The feels are in overdrive right now I love this series and I just dont want it to end however it might be for the best considering it feels like the author is just getting tired of it because no matter how good I think it is there just isnt anything driving the story anymore and lets be honest you call that an ending seriously there was nothing in that last chapter that pointed out an ending for me personally just the ending of the series like there was nothing creative about it at all just saying how mokas hair is different and there becoming one like come on thats not an ending in my eyes

thats just my opinion anyway I love this series to death its my favorite manga and correct me if im wrong on my points its just maybe if there is going to be another season he really takes his time with it so it turns out good and doesn't get stale and over do it.
May 13, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
krownklown said:
What do you call definite exactly? He basically picked Moka, did you want him to f*** her directly in a manga panel? I mean barring hentai or a wedding he made it clear as possible that he picked Moka.

So no, its not really open.

Well to be fair, Moka's dad alluded to him having a harem with his comments. The ending is Murky because the person he "picked" died and what we have is aspects of that person fusing with Moka. So is Moka the likely #1 girl? Yes but he never rejected the other girls. This is where the openness of the ending comes in. The reader can choose to believe what they want to. If you are a Moka fan you can say that he picked her and thats that. If you were a fan of the harem ending you can say that he will have a harem. Think how Highschool DxD is going with Rias as the #1 "legal wife" but the other girls also are getting love as secondary wives.

Unless the author continues the story its pretty much dealers choice of what you want (although there doesn't appear to be room for a Shizore or Kurumu only ending).
May 13, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2014
I've only been in the anime market for a little over a month now and I'm sad that one in my first batch of series's has ended. It will always have a special place in my list. Definitely in my top 5. Also, the ending sets up the story for a new arc. Kinda odd that they ended it there.
ArchwaysJun 13, 2014 4:43 PM

- AP
May 17, 2014 4:04 AM

Sep 2011
So based on this ending, rosario+vampire iii is posible? I hope so, i love this manga!! I laugh out loud when all the girls & guy try to sabotage tsukune! Mizore boobs.....

Edit:

Score 8/10
AndroidJacketMay 17, 2014 4:12 AM
May 31, 2014 12:55 AM
May 2014
The way it ended begs for more story, more development of plot, yet it ends fairly well too. To me personally, it gave me great closure for the "loss" of the outer Moka, and that was probably the one thing that let me say it was a great ending.

Of course, who doesn't want to know what happens with these assassins, and Tsukune's new shinso vampire powers? Like some of the others have posted, it feels like the start of a new arc, which in my personal book of rules for storytelling is kind of bad practice to introduce new plot material at the end, especially when it's truly the end.

Then again, there's always hope he'll keep going with it, however close to being 100% unlikely it is. Definitely a 10/10 for me. Will forever be one of my top mangas. Like it said on the last page, the memories of Tsukune, Moka and the rest will always be inside me.
May 31, 2014 9:40 AM

Mar 2013
I'm kinda disappointed with this chapter.. My expectations were too high, I guess.

It didn't do any development with the harem thing, it's like it will always be there. It's a little bit of a shame...

The thing, that Moka is now more lovely and kinder is not bad, but feels out of place. I will miss the old Inner one. But then again

I think, that Issa being overprotective was a little over the top for his character.

Lastly, I don't think, that this chapter covered the plot holes, that were left behind. It did show what happened after everything, but never answered the important questions, maybe only made new ones.

Also, I personally want to know what happened to Akua..
CherryAquaMay 31, 2014 9:46 AM
Jun 5, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2013
The ending was pretty ok. I would'vepreferred a more decisive ending where they are adults and have kids, but this was ok. I kind of predicted the open ending when Akasha died (seeing Akasha=Outer moka).
CheeeeeeeseJun 5, 2014 5:46 AM
Jun 28, 2014 4:59 PM
Aug 2012
Another season with the harem ending.
Jul 2, 2014 7:18 PM
Jun 2013
I Think will be a 3 season... Need have Rosario + Vampire III, this can't be the final of the manga :'(
Jul 30, 2014 11:30 PM

Dec 2013
Harem ending, zzz..
I really hope that the author won't continue this.
Aug 2, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
I'm ready for season 3.
Sep 16, 2014 1:30 AM

Sep 2014
Kinda surprised that so many people are seeing a harem ending. While multiple girls love him & Issa ultimately doesn't seem to mind, I don't recall Tsukune ever returning the girls' affections & declarations of love. Rather I only recall him ever stating his love for Moka. Not only that, Moka made it pretty clear that she didn't support polygamy.

In fact, the way the girls were handled is the reason I didn't give the series a 10, 'cause it really pissed me off. While the others could seek love elsewhere, Kurumu and Mizore are screwed if it's a Tsukune x Moka ending rather than a harem ending. Kurumu imprinted on him and thus can't just find love elsewhere, she literally needs his love to survive. And Mizore, awesome, awesome Mizore is apart of a race that's struggling to survive because they can only breed for a very short time. Mizore made it crystal clear that Tsukune was her only love, it's Tsukune or nobody. The mangaka does this then, in my opinion, seems to have set up Tsukune x Moka. And it doesn't help that Moka is my least favorite of the girls. Throughout the story I couldn't shake the feeling that a big part of the reason that Moka fell in love with Tsukune was 'cause she was obsessed with his blood, and not just 'cause she loved him for who he was, like the other girls did.

A good friend just finished this series and, like others here, saw a harem ending, even thought it was obvious. He could not, however, even begin to explain to my why he was so sure it was a harem ending.

Sadly it seems we'll never have a season 3, so this frustrating, frustrating ending is all we'll likely ever have. Arrgghhh... to this day the ending to Rosario Vampire II bothers and irks me like no other.
CasyleMar 20, 2016 10:49 PM
Jan 27, 2015 11:18 PM
Apr 2009
Behemoth11 said:
After Tsukunes and Mokas confession the ending+epilogue feels completely "empty". I won't even buy the last volume.

Tsukune confessed to Akasha, not to the real Moka.
The outer Moka was who Tsukune really loved and the outer Moka was Akasha with "amnesia".
When Akasha died, he lost the one he really loved.
Feb 14, 2015 12:51 PM
Jan 2011
You expected this to end without a harem ending? It was obvious that's how it was going to end from the start.
Mar 30, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2014
Just finished. Really liked it. PM if you'd like to discuss. :)
Mar 30, 2015 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
neoalexys said:
Behemoth11 said:
After Tsukunes and Mokas confession the ending+epilogue feels completely "empty". I won't even buy the last volume.

Tsukune confessed to Akasha, not to the real Moka.
The outer Moka was who Tsukune really loved and the outer Moka was Akasha with "amnesia".
When Akasha died, he lost the one he really loved.

Nope, according to Mokas father the 'fake' personality wasn't his wife Akasha actually. The outer one and inner Moka have 'mixed' into one being. That's why Mokas hair has changed.
Apr 28, 2015 4:00 AM

Jul 2012
Great manga, I really liked it. 8/10.
Apr 30, 2015 8:18 AM

Jan 2013
It started out strong, but man all these aborted arcs are killing me. The ending was a bow wrapped onto the series a little too neatly.
May 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2010
The volume version came out and I'm actually satisfied by how the harem was handled.

Moka is the main. While the other girls can have an orgy in Tsukune's dreams and even give birth with Kurumu's powers. Win win :3
May 7, 2015 10:04 AM

Jun 2012
Just read the final volume myself. I liked the ending but it wasnt conclusive enough for me. Srsly need a sequel to deal with that Fairy Tail crap.
May 10, 2015 8:21 AM
May 2015
This series was too darn good. Have my fingers crossed for some continuation, there is clear room for expansion and more stories.

One of the gems that many may pass up on. One of the best, I'd argue.
May 31, 2015 12:40 AM

Jun 2011
Disappointing ending to a disappointing series.

After chapter 40+ when the serious final arc came along, the rescue Moka arc, the series imo went downhill. The author tried to build his story upon previous encounters/events, but that made me feel that it was not pre-planned, a lot of time it made me go "eh what, really?". Sometimes the story became confusing that it made no sense, but I just went along with it.

As for the harem, I gotta say that it was poorly handled. The harem was built up but never gave focus on, except for those comedy hijinks. It only served to open up a path for the girls development (somewhat), and only a few of them got it, and a minimal one that's all. Tsukune's character was really meh, like how he realized that he loves Moka-san, and knew how the other girls like him, yet he never reject them. I also don't like how in the beginning, he always say that Moka's beautiful, makes me feel like he feel in love with her beauty (appearance) rather than who she is.

That reminds me, the foundation of romance was poorly written too. Everybody fell in love with Tsukune within 1 day after knowing him.

What the author did right tho imo, is his art. I loved how he drew those Tsukune x Moka moments, they always look so sweet together, it just felt like "yes, this is it!", and it makes you root for them.

All in all, I liked the school life part more than the serious story part, and the school life part is not even that good. Author could have planned things out much better, and have more consistency in his story. Would read a part 3 if it gets one.

Oh I forgot to mention 1 more thing. I really don't like the force pairing/shipping that came later after the author realized that the harem wouldn't work. Kurumu & Gin, Kokoa & Karate dude, Yukari & FongFong, Mizore & Alucard clone (w/e his name is) for a brief moment.. etc..
ToG25thBaamMay 31, 2015 12:54 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 11, 2015 10:05 AM
Sep 2012
Got volume 14 and now it is officially translated, Kahula is still alive, whoever translated the scans really didn't make it clear or mistranslated, Kahula lives. I am so happy.

Now we all I need is Unahana and Sayla to turn up alive.
Jul 8, 2015 8:42 AM
May 2015
I want a third season!!! I was'nt expecting outer moka to be killed off and then come back at the very end. I feel like I should be happy but I'm kinda not...
Feb 21, 2016 9:25 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Damm, such a conflicting ending, so confusing.

svantasel said:
I want a third season!!! I was'nt expecting outer moka to be killed off and then come back at the very end. I feel like I should be happy but I'm kinda not...

Partly my thoughts, I m happy but I expect a different execution, and also marriage between moka and tsukune. (another season would be interesting)
I dont see it getting another season though. There is no bigger danger than Alucard...
And here was I expecting it to not have an harem ending!!
PlaycoolFeb 25, 2016 5:14 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Season II Chapter 12 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Oct 7, 2008

35 by Animillion »»
Jan 10, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire II Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 8, 2008

17 by Borkerino »»
May 16, 2022 9:16 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Season II Chapter 9 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 10, 2008

15 by Borkerino »»
May 14, 2022 7:02 AM

» Does Rosario+Vampire become very dark as it progresses?

Nightrail - May 31, 2014

7 by AnZiR08 »»
May 7, 2022 10:22 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Season II Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Skyrim - Jun 5, 2012

65 by AnZiR08 »»
Apr 21, 2022 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.