Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 5:43 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Marries rich girl and sends her away cause she embarrasses him. Dick.
May 17, 2013 3:11 PM

May 2012
Some nice backstory and ending! Lets see what's next, I do wonder what Emma will do.
Mar 10, 2014 2:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
William's dad is all about rising as much as he can in society, family be damned. William's mum was such a sweet and beautiful girl who was lost in her husbands insatiable ambition. How sad.

I feel kind of sorry for Eleanor though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2014 8:41 PM

Sep 2013
I think he cares for Aurelia that is why he sent her away.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 12, 2014 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
A) Will's dad really cares for Aurelia so he sent her away to protect her
B) He's a giant d-bag. She embarrasses him so he sent her away.

I'm more inclined to believe it's B. I'd like to believe he did it to protect her then why did he have to separate her with her kids? The way Grace spoke, it's like ages since she last saw her mother.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 2, 2015 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
I think his dad cares about Aurelia. I might be wrong though.
May 7, 2016 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
So now we know why Aurelia is living away, it seems that William's dad really likes her, I believe he did it all to her, he knows she would end up tired and depressed.
Jan 10, 2017 5:15 AM
Dec 2010
Yeah the dad sends her away to protect her because all this party and obligation to attend really tiring her and the dad cant just say that his wife cant attend because of that reason so what he did is to protect both his wife and the family's position but what i don't know understand is why their children didn't visit her ever since.
May 30, 2017 6:52 PM

May 2015
A much-needed explanation/backstory about William’s mother & her family past, she didn’t abandon them like I tough, it was William's dad call to send her far away from the gossip home, he even created a cause for her departure. The dad is a douchebag! Choosing business/social life before his wife & children wellbeing.

You can clearly see the contrast between the Jones & the Molders both are business oriented family but the Molders share an equal time in the happiness of their family as opposed as the Jones showed to us via the flashback for the Jones and the Christmas scene for the Molders.

MagEarwhig said:
Marries rich girl and sends her away cause she embarrasses him. Dick.
This...

Farabeuf said:
William's dad is all about rising as much as he can in society, family be damned. William's mum was such a sweet and beautiful girl who was lost in her husbands insatiable ambition. How sad.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

xchee said:
A) Will's dad really cares for Aurelia so he sent her away to protect her
B) He's a giant d-bag. She embarrasses him so he sent her away.

I'm more inclined to believe it's B. I'd like to believe he did it to protect her then why did he have to separate her with her kids? The way Grace spoke, it's like ages since she last saw her mother.
My thoughts exactly, if he cared for her and the children wellbeing he wouldn’t separate her from the kids...

makOYzki said:
Yeah the dad sends her away to protect her because all this party and obligation to attend really tiring her and the dad cant just say that his wife cant attend because of that reason so what he did is to protect both his wife and the family's position but what i don't know understand is why their children didn't visit her ever since.
Let’s be devil’s advocate here and say he cared for her... like you said why he didn’t permit her or the children to saw her mother, it mindboggling...
May 7, 2019 4:50 PM

Nov 2016
An interesting backstory, but I think some are too harsh on Richard. Sure work means a lot to him, otherwise he wouldn't have made it that far, but I don't doubt that he also acted in interest of Aurelia who seemed trouble. Nothing wrong with taken the burden of interacting with the high class from her. Also, it's not like he can simply go with her and abandon his business and prestige on which he has spent most of his life to build them up.

Well, this all gives Richard's stance towards William's potential relationship with Emma and the stain he would put on his families name for breaking an engagement even more weight. Not to mention how tough it was for him when he was still an upstart.

I'm also interested in the development between Emma and Hans, they keep teasing with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2018
Was very nice to see Richard and Aurelia's backstory. I like this couple. Aurelia is too good for all those fake nobles who mocked her, also her husband at first.
I am still rooting for Hans and Emma.
This show's atmosphere is as masterfully done as always, feels very natural.
OrangeCloudsDec 13, 2019 2:14 PM
Sep 1, 2021 9:15 AM

Jan 2021
It’s nice to see William for once to get his sh*t together.
Although i feel a bit sorry for Eleanor.
Dec 27, 2021 10:36 AM

Jun 2010
I wonder if the flashback showed differences in styles between the 1870s and '80s and the "present" of the 1890s. I certainly don't know enough to be able to tell.

I thought it was made clear that Aurelia was having a nervious breakdown (foreshadowed by her being an oddball to begin with; no wonder she had having trouble fitting in) and Richard was showing kindness by hoaxing a reason to relieve her of the burden. The idea that she's never(?) seen her children since then just doesn't make sense, though. There's no reason anyone should wish it and there's no other reason for it; surely visiting their "sick" mother would be perfectly normal.
Feb 5, 2023 5:33 AM

Feb 2015
First of all young Richard was a looker. He was so much better looking than William now lol.

Loved hearing their backstory finally. I really like Aurelia as a character! I feel like Richard did care about her and probably knew Aurelia needed to get away from all the socializing, but I also believe he did it to save face and did it for selfish reasons that he probably justified for himself by convincing it was all for her. I feel like maybe he didn't send the kids to see her at all, might have been because he thought she could be bad influence on the kids? As he is all about being super proper and wants to climb up the social ranks and solidify their family position, and Aurelia doesn't fit into that at all. I feel bad for her. Richard was definitely a douchebag for separating her from their kids.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 12 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 13, 2010

42 by Crez »»
May 8, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 10 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

20 by Crez »»
May 8, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 17, 2013

11 by Crez »»
May 8, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 5 Discussion

Elfana - Aug 7, 2010

22 by Crez »»
May 7, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 8 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

16 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.