Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen Episode 6 Discussion

Sep 16, 2011 5:43 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Marries rich girl and sends her away cause she embarrasses him. Dick.

May 17, 2013 3:11 PM

Some nice backstory and ending! Lets see what's next, I do wonder what Emma will do.

Mar 10, 2014 2:29 PM
Hitagi's Pet

William's dad is all about rising as much as he can in society, family be damned. William's mum was such a sweet and beautiful girl who was lost in her husbands insatiable ambition. How sad.

I feel kind of sorry for Eleanor though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2014 8:41 PM

I think he cares for Aurelia that is why he sent her away.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou

Sep 12, 2014 10:58 PM

A) Will's dad really cares for Aurelia so he sent her away to protect her
B) He's a giant d-bag. She embarrasses him so he sent her away.

I'm more inclined to believe it's B. I'd like to believe he did it to protect her then why did he have to separate her with her kids? The way Grace spoke, it's like ages since she last saw her mother.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Dec 2, 2015 11:08 AM

I think his dad cares about Aurelia. I might be wrong though.

May 7, 2016 7:00 AM

So now we know why Aurelia is living away, it seems that William's dad really likes her, I believe he did it all to her, he knows she would end up tired and depressed.

Jan 10, 2017 5:15 AM
Yeah the dad sends her away to protect her because all this party and obligation to attend really tiring her and the dad cant just say that his wife cant attend because of that reason so what he did is to protect both his wife and the family's position but what i don't know understand is why their children didn't visit her ever since.

May 30, 2017 6:52 PM

A much-needed explanation/backstory about William’s mother & her family past, she didn’t abandon them like I tough, it was William's dad call to send her far away from the gossip home, he even created a cause for her departure. The dad is a douchebag! Choosing business/social life before his wife & children wellbeing.

You can clearly see the contrast between the Jones & the Molders both are business oriented family but the Molders share an equal time in the happiness of their family as opposed as the Jones showed to us via the flashback for the Jones and the Christmas scene for the Molders.

MagEarwhig said:
Marries rich girl and sends her away cause she embarrasses him. Dick.
This...

Farabeuf said:
William's dad is all about rising as much as he can in society, family be damned. William's mum was such a sweet and beautiful girl who was lost in her husbands insatiable ambition. How sad.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

xchee said:
A) Will's dad really cares for Aurelia so he sent her away to protect her
B) He's a giant d-bag. She embarrasses him so he sent her away.

I'm more inclined to believe it's B. I'd like to believe he did it to protect her then why did he have to separate her with her kids? The way Grace spoke, it's like ages since she last saw her mother.
My thoughts exactly, if he cared for her and the children wellbeing he wouldn’t separate her from the kids...

makOYzki said:
Yeah the dad sends her away to protect her because all this party and obligation to attend really tiring her and the dad cant just say that his wife cant attend because of that reason so what he did is to protect both his wife and the family's position but what i don't know understand is why their children didn't visit her ever since.
Let’s be devil’s advocate here and say he cared for her... like you said why he didn’t permit her or the children to saw her mother, it mindboggling...

May 7, 4:50 PM

An interesting backstory, but I think some are too harsh on Richard. Sure work means a lot to him, otherwise he wouldn't have made it that far, but I don't doubt that he also acted in interest of Aurelia who seemed trouble. Nothing wrong with taken the burden of interacting with the high class from her. Also, it's not like he can simply go with her and abandon his business and prestige on which he has spent most of his life to build them up.

Well, this all gives Richard's stance towards William's potential relationship with Emma and the stain he would put on his families name for breaking an engagement even more weight. Not to mention how tough it was for him when he was still an upstart.

I'm also interested in the development between Emma and Hans, they keep teasing with it.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.