Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 21, 2014 11:53 PM

Dec 2007
HowTragic said:
10->7

What a disappointment. This anime was at the top of the charts for me, and if he reunited with Nora it would have kept that position. But no, let's forget doing something innovative and exciting. Let's waste yet another episode babying this useless little brat. -> Doesn't cut -> Bitches and whines -> Steals -> Eager to betray Yato at first opportunity. -> Selfish. Doesn't even realize he's killing his onjin. Is revolving the plot around insolent little ingrates the "thing" nowadays?

Seriously Hiyori what the fuck are you doing? I believe Kazuma told you to SAVE Yato, not push him further on his path of destruction, and end the episode worrying about what the fuck you just did.

Would someone like to explain to me what makes Yukine so important? The tragedy of his "previous life" isn't selling to me. You don't get a free douchebag rampage card because of how hard life is.

Hiyori slapping herself - a Japanese motion to motivate and refresh yourself, usually giving yourself the courage to do something you don't regularly do.

This is Yato's fault. He never explained the rules, Yukine doesn't know what he's doing.

And yeah, Yukine's a brat but...work with Nora? Nahhhhh. For what? It's pretty obvious for Yato that'd be like Kenshin flipping the reverse blade sword.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 22, 2014 12:56 AM

Apr 2012
Yukine is basically walking down the path of becoming a male version of Nora, but we all know he has main character plot armor. He will probably change for the better.

Feb 22, 2014 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
I hope Yukine will get better. I REALLY WANT TO PUNCH HIM ON THE FACE REAL HARD. Yato is getting weaker because of him. The moment between Yato and Hiyori is so cute. ≧◉◡◉≦
Feb 22, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
I'm starting to dislike Yukine more and more.
And i actually thought she was gonna kiss him.
Feb 22, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode. The scene with "Save me God" was hilarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
So basically, Yukine got guilty of stealing the skateboard because Hiyori had to cover for him and decided to pay for stuff he would take...... with stolen money? Talk about a kid saying he'll never eat a cookie again with his hand still inside the cookie jar. Also, this brat's a fucking pervert. Look at him blushing like a girl seeing her favorite celebrity when Nora was staring at his face.
Feb 22, 2014 12:51 PM

May 2011
Guess I'm a bit late for this week's episode but meh, it definitely was a good one. Really want to learn more about Nora, as well as the man who appeared next to her at the end. Then there's Kazuma and Bishamon, who have a complicated relationship with Yato.

As for Yukine, I'm not particularly fond of him like nearly everyone else. But I'm thinking he'll get better and less irritating as the show goes on. I really do want to see more of Nora though. Hope she'll be back in the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
WiseFlower said:
HowTragic said:

Nora isn't loyal to Yato but neither is Yukine. The only difference is that Nora saved Yato last chapter despite having no such obligation, and is at least somewhat of a reliable Regalia for him, unlike Yukine, who selfishly lets his lust and greed erode others, and doesn't do his job due to low self-esteem. I am well aware, as anyone would be after seeing all the marks on her body, that she isn't a particular saintly character. It's also obvious she had something to do with Yato's dark past and has a hidden agenda on her mind. However, at this point I don't even care anymore. Anything is better than this suffocatingly static configuration. Per personal opinion, it would be a much more interesting development if Yato reverted to his former "dark god" self. The last time I checked, the title was ノラガミ (Rogue God) instead of 小僧を育てる方法 (How to raise brats).

And for the record, many anime adaptions don't follow the original work in verbatim. 11eyes would be a prime example.
LOL
It is indeed Noragami (and Nora has an important role on why Yato is a noragami (stray god)) but hey, it's Yato's way to "reforge" Yukine. It's risky but effective.
Yato knew from the beginning that handling Yukine will be difficult.
Now, imagine if Yato accepted Nora's offer in the episode.
Yukine will become even worst because as you said, he's selfish brat.
Unless the anime intended to go in a different route (I don't see any bold sign for this possibility), I don't see a reason to put Nora hand in hand with Yato now.
Catastrophic said:
get over yourself, if your fanboyness over a single character that only can be described as 'creepy' gets more importance than other important aspects of the show, its your loss.
May I assume that you reacted to my post? ^^
I will still enjoy the anime, there are changes here and there. I'm fine with that. As the matter of fact, I love the changes so far.
But the idea of Yato taking Nora's offer; I don't like like it.
It's not something related to fanboyness as you said (wait, I'm not even a boy), but because I don't see that idea happening without a major change (something I don't want to see, although I can still enjoy it as a different entity).
HowTragic said:
This is an opinion. Unfortunately, it seems like a certain "catastrophic" weeaboo seems to take it like a kick to their balls.
Sorry....if I made myself sound like a weeaboo earlier (and I don't have balls ^^')

Miss, you misunderstand. Catastrophic's comment was directed towards me, and when I said "a certain catastrophic weeaboo", it was referring to him. All you did was try to answer the question I posed about what made Yukine so important, which warrants appreciation rather than disparage. I hold no ill-will towards you and your opinions, and certain won't slander you for it.

Overall it's just a matter of preference. Hopefully this difference in opinion/ preference is somewhat bridged in the next episode, and I can see that sticking with Yukine was the "appropriate" choice.
HowTragicFeb 22, 2014 3:24 PM
Feb 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Aug 2010
Yukine is really screwing over Yato right now. He better redeem himself soon.
Feb 22, 2014 6:18 PM
Jun 2011
Guys, is it 'Nora' or 'stray'? Because can't 'Nora' also mean stray in japanese? In the manga too, when she was first introduced, Yato didn't call her anything but 'stray'.
I just got confused when a few episodes ago, she was telling Yato to call her by her name when to me, Nora is a name.
Feb 22, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
Dammit Yukine, can you do something right? What a little brat...

Anyway, it look like he found a temporary solution, but Yato condition seem to get worse and worse.

We got to learn about the Noras, it's an interresting concept, they are pretty much like mercenaries.

It look like Bishamon is obscessed with Yato and that Kazuma have a debt for Yato or at least have some respect for him. He saved him one day, I wonder if wasn't also even is regalia? Yato said that he was really powerful, maybe he already used him to say that.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 22, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
ALacie said:
Guys, is it 'Nora' or 'stray'? Because can't 'Nora' also mean stray in japanese? In the manga too, when she was first introduced, Yato didn't call her anything but 'stray'.
I just got confused when a few episodes ago, she was telling Yato to call her by her name when to me, Nora is a name.

Nora is not her name. She is a Stray.

I quite like what the episode is building up to.
Feb 23, 2014 1:14 AM

Jan 2014
Dat Yukine becomes more and more annoying even though he first appeared as somewhat adorable character. Rebellion phase? If anything, Yato should be the one can't stand him, not the other way around.

And I really am curious about Yato's past, why he has such bad reputation among gods and regalias. Too bad Noragami only has 12 episodes.
Feb 23, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
R- said:
don't think yukine is worth all this trouble

Didn't he chop a building in half one episode though? That's got be worth something hasn't it? Although it doesn't redeem his attitude.

silverwalls said:
another brilliant episode.
i wonder what it is with yukine, i hope he sorts his problems out, otherwise he will harm yato too :/
i also wonder what kazuma's debt to yato is..
and why was hiyori slapping her face?

I think Hiyori was working herself up to talk to Yato about Yukine.
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Feb 23, 2014 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
wow amazing episode actully 1 of the vast i ever watched,
Yato idea were little brutal but i do
agree with his way :)
Feb 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
He's gonna die!!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Feb 24, 2014 1:25 AM
Feb 2011
Dammit Yukine, hasn't Yato explained multiple times he can tell when you think or do something bad, yet you still act surprised when he reacts? Little brats...
Feb 26, 2014 4:17 AM

Jul 2009
I AM SO WORRIED FOR YATO UGH

But I'm really looking forward to getting more bg info!
I really hope this doesn't end stupidly with them trying to cram everything into 2 final episodes. SEASON 2 ANYONE?
Feb 27, 2014 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that makes it a little deeper characterization of the characters, but it lacks information about the plot for now counterbalance these two aspects, but in favor of the series plays the narrative.
Which extends the scales in favor of a positive opinion.
Anime series more interesting, I think to make things as they should have to do a second season.
Drawings and animations discrete, Bones is giving a good product.
I do not see Jorah to understand the true intent of Nora! Promoted in the middle of the episode!
Feb 28, 2014 1:01 PM
Aug 2010
Maybe Yato feels guilty and responsible for causing this Nora chick to turn into a Nora so he wants to save Yukine?

Also, now you can start bashing Yukine for some of his behavior in this episode, but I'm sure there's a story behind it all.
Mar 5, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
Aaaaaand Yukine fails again~!
Nora's story is already better than Yukine's imo. Although it's probably rather shallow.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 6, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 2008
They should hurry up and dispose of Yukine.
Mar 8, 2014 2:23 AM

Jan 2013
Yukine is starting to get annyoing .

Great Episode though
Mar 8, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
-Klad- said:
Yukine is starting to get annyoing .

Great Episode though
I was annoyed by him the 1st time I saw him
Mar 9, 2014 12:10 AM

May 2012
This was great. Like how they're setting up Yukine as a freaking ****.
Mar 9, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2010
So basically, Noras are like sluts?
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Mar 14, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2013
Who's bright idea was it to let the God of Poverty sit behind the cash register? Then again, maybe she will bleed the customers dry or something. Good idea, if you think about it.
Mar 17, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
I like the Kazuma dude. To be honest, Hiyori is so useless, and she has no bigger role in this story up until this point. -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 22, 2014 10:35 PM

Sep 2013
Yukine, quit being a brat! but the story is getting very interesting. I hope Hiyori bitchslaps Yukine and tells him to get his shit together. Lol...

Mar 24, 2014 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
Hahaha...comparing to other Gods, Yato is soooo poor. This last job was hilarious :)
DomyojiApr 3, 2014 3:34 AM
Mar 27, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
Hoping to find out who that guy was at the end next to Nora
Apr 4, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, we know what a Nora now is and that sure explains why she was tagged with all that writing on her body... Yuki being a little bitch currently but hopefully that will change soon.

Pretty decent development so let's see what's next!
Apr 7, 2014 3:54 PM

Aug 2012
Daikoku and Yato definitely have the Shizuo/Izaya vibe
Apr 9, 2014 11:16 PM

May 2013
I wonder what did yato do to earn kazuma's gratitude. Bishamon and her 8 regalia's looks badass in that lined up position. Please yukine stop being a fucking cunt.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
May 11, 2014 3:30 PM
Aug 2013
Hehe, Yukine would go so low as to steal charity money... What a bitchass punk, if I was Yato I would get rid of him in a heartbeat. Nora gives me a bad feeling though so I don't know which regalia I would chose if I was Yato.
May 29, 2014 3:48 AM
May 2012
Damn it, Yukine, you are killing Yato =_= Cheer up and get your shit together!!
Kazuma is pretty cool.

Barion-Zara said:
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

Still following the manga... except for the new original character's appearance.

Which one? The silver haired guy?

That guy is an Anime original character??

SalemWitch said:

I wonder how he made the transition from mindlessly killing people and regalias in the past to the wacko guy he is now that's (relatively) harmless.

Yeah, same here.
Jun 1, 2014 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
THE FEELS ARE COMING IN THIS EPISODE. I LOVE IT. ♥
Jun 1, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:

Did Yato just take a part time job? My Devil is a Part-timer vibe there.

This. xD
Jun 26, 2014 5:37 AM

Oct 2011
Bishamon and all her Regalia looked awesome all lined up! I hope Yato and Yukine can finally start working together properly.
Jul 17, 2014 6:30 AM

Sep 2011
Would be considered a prerry awesome anime if the boy (not even worth being called his name) wasn't there.
Jul 17, 2014 6:49 AM

Nov 2013
OriginANIME said:
Would be considered a prerry awesome anime if the boy (not even worth being called his name) wasn't there.
Yukine is the best part of this show though.
Aug 30, 2014 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm...So Nora are like the whores of regalias but i have to wonder here. If Nora has her body full with letters because many gods used her without her being released every time before getting used why is she stuck to Yato so much. Obviously she betrayed many Gods and went to others to get used so why is she now obsessed with Yato? Was he the guy who originally gave her here name? Was he the one who last used her?
What is deal here?

Btw that shop keeper should really demand his money back(not that it will help him getting a coin back, lol) since Yato just ruined him by leaving the god of poverty in charge.

marian11 said:
How the fucking hell does Yukine have 174 favourites? Are the guys who added him high or something? The guy is one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen.
Heck even Hiyori is a lot more likeable than him.

Mostly young female users liking him because his cute and emo and all that bullshit.

glamazon said:
yukine was a instant love to me, although he's been doing ~ bad stuff ~ i can relate to him.

the character i dont like at all is nora, i loved when she was rejected by yato

Prime of such female user example here. Nora is suppose to be a little of a poison character so she's not suppose to come out as a very nice likeable person but as a character she's thousand of times better than Yukine until now. She does what she's suppose to do greatly while Yukine is just annoying really.
MonadAug 30, 2014 3:35 AM
Sep 12, 2014 3:14 AM

May 2014
Yukine is getting really annoying but he is also very powerful so I understand why Yato didn't get rid of him yet. I really wanted to see Nora in action, though o_o
Nov 17, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
I've been trying to forget about it.. but maybe its dragging a little too much ?
Can't tolerate Yato going through this man.. was hoping he'd use that loli girl to be honest. xD
Some of miss Bisha's regalia are funny looking haha. But I like the cool bro Kazuma.
Was wondering what Hiyori would do and she just said that.. -.-"
Another new mystery badass.. guess who ? :b
Nov 23, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
I like the Kazuma dude. To be honest, Hiyori is so useless, and she has no bigger role in this story up until this point. -.-
It's always the most beautiful girls that are the most useless.

Nov 23, 2014 1:39 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode.

Nora is quite an intriguing girl. I'm curious to see what her power holds. All of the immortals seem to fear her kind.

Wonder who that dude was who was right next to Nora. Now I'm REALLY curious.

Yato is awesome. I find him to be a lot cooler than Rin from Blue Exorcist.

Dec 11, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2013
I laughed so hard when Kofuku and her Regalia had to take over the store :D
Anyhow, hope Yato can sort out Yukine.
Dec 25, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, this episode was amazing!! I'm loving this show so far!!
Jan 12, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
Don't like yukine at all. He is such a pest I don't know why Yato doesn't just get rid of him. It also seems this show is getting darker... which always get me pumped up.
Jan 19, 2015 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
Good development. This show is turning out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. I can't wait to see how Yato and Yukine's relationship develops and how they both will resolve their problems. I wonder how Yato could potentially die from Yukine. How depressed does Yukine have to be? Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this yet, but I really like the opening and ending songs.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.