Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2009 11:29 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this episode was nice, sort of laid back.

i liked how they interpreted the wood card as a gentle card ,' )
Aug 2, 2009 5:11 PM

Jun 2007
yes ^^
and gosh >.>
I would not like to clean the whole entire house by myself..
how much I hate cleaning -_-'
Aug 24, 2009 6:33 AM

Jul 2009
Sakura is so kawaii^^
and the wood card made a complete mess wow,i would never get the mood to clean it all
Aug 24, 2009 8:57 PM

Apr 2008
lols ... the house almost got thrashed

Jul 17, 2010 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
I was going to say that it was hard to believe the house was still intact after wood went wild, but i guess that wasn't completely true. =P

What about the basement? Wouldn't the books still be ruined? >.>

Nice episode.
Sep 17, 2010 6:13 AM

Feb 2010
This show is so lovely.

Sakura's costume of this episode was the best one so far.
Sep 17, 2010 12:52 PM
Jul 2010
I totally like how there are so many inconsistencies (Like: Why did Tomoyo have a waterproof costume to go to a picknick? Why did she even have the costume with her if Sakura had already told her she was coming?) but I don't really care. I usually care about every single detail but hey, this is for children, it's so cute and so awesome! I loved it as a kid and I still do.
Feb 13, 2011 4:21 AM

Dec 2010
I love this show. Generally I despise shows that last longer than around 30 eps, but this is just so laidback and adorable....
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Apr 8, 2012 1:45 AM

Oct 2011
First off, the "Leave it to Kero" segment is hilarious, and it reminds me of the "Lucky Channel" segment at the end of Lucky Star.

Second, am I the only one who's thoroughly creeped-out by the older brother's friend? He's a high school student whose continuously taking an elementary school girl out on dates... Where's Chris Hansen when you need him!?
Jun 22, 2012 9:29 AM

Mar 2012
Kiro really hates cleaning!
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Dec 21, 2012 9:40 AM

Jun 2009
Dusk252 said:
I totally like how there are so many inconsistencies (Like: Why did Tomoyo have a waterproof costume to go to a picknick? Why did she even have the costume with her if Sakura had already told her she was coming?) but I don't really care. I usually care about every single detail but hey, this is for children, it's so cute and so awesome! I loved it as a kid and I still do.

That stuff is forgiven by me because the show itself poked fun at those issues. Actually, Tomoe herself said that she was going to have her put on the costume regardless.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 23, 2013 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
Well that's 2 more cards down, she'll have all the cards back in 12 episodes at this rate. Very laid back episode I agree.
Mar 7, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
GyozaEatsOtaku said:
Second, am I the only one who's thoroughly creeped-out by the older brother's friend? He's a high school student whose continuously taking an elementary school girl out on dates... Where's Chris Hansen when you need him!?

Lmfao this!!! Just a tad bit creepy. I mean I understand being nice to her since she's his friend's little sister but going out solo to eat it just bizarre. But then I guess this show was made in the late 90's. More innocent times...

I'm loving all the cards so far. I like how they each have their own traits and personalities. Albeit Watery and The Rain seem sort of redundant, though I get that they sort of serve different purposes.
Mar 8, 2014 3:37 PM

Feb 2014
XOTIK said:
GyozaEatsOtaku said:

Lmfao this!!! Just a tad bit creepy. I mean I understand being nice to her since she's his friend's little sister but going out solo to eat it just bizarre. But then I guess this show was made in the late 90's. More innocent times...

I'm loving all the cards so far. I like how they each have their own traits and personalities. Albeit Watery and The Rain seem sort of redundant, though I get that they sort of serve different purposes.

i don't think it's that creepy, since she's the only one who considers them dates? he seems to understand that she likes him and is indulging her a little, but nothing more than that. also note that the two places he's taken her have both been places where her brother works, which yukito knows, so it's not like it's really just the two of them -- i'm sure he has some ulterior motivations going on there!
Mar 8, 2014 8:15 PM

Mar 2014
crossodile said:
XOTIK said:
GyozaEatsOtaku said:

i don't think it's that creepy, since she's the only one who considers them dates? he seems to understand that she likes him and is indulging her a little, but nothing more than that. also note that the two places he's taken her have both been places where her brother works, which yukito knows, so it's not like it's really just the two of them -- i'm sure he has some ulterior motivations going on there!

Yeah I know there's nothing sinister going on, and that she is the only one who considers them dates, but in real life you definitely wouldn't see a teenage boy hanging out or having lunch with a 4th grade school girl! Even under the eye of her brother. Guess it doesn't matter this is just anime anyway, lol.
Mar 9, 2014 11:02 PM

Feb 2014
XOTIK said:
crossodile said:
XOTIK said:
GyozaEatsOtaku said:

Yeah I know there's nothing sinister going on, and that she is the only one who considers them dates, but in real life you definitely wouldn't see a teenage boy hanging out or having lunch with a 4th grade school girl! Even under the eye of her brother. Guess it doesn't matter this is just anime anyway, lol.

true!! like you said, this is anime, not real life. :P the "sakura has a crush" plotline is pretty cute, and i don't think they'd be showing yukito this much this early in the series if they weren't planning on shaking things up somehow. i don't anticipate her crush will last the full series.

(buuut, yukito's voice actor is one of my favorite seiyuus, so i may be slightly biased??)
Apr 18, 2014 1:59 PM
Nov 2013
Dusk252 said:

Yeah, I also like how there are so many inconsistencies. This is by far one of my favorite childhood anime.
Aug 9, 2014 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
I have been rewatching CCS on Bluray (THANK GOD FOR NIS AMERICA!!!), and I have to say, this series just has an amazing charm to it. Watching this episode just put a big smile on my face, and I just had a blast. It's so cute, sweet, innocent, and, honestly, for the late 90's, it has SPECTACULAR animation. And when this OST played at the end of the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYhahzUX-iI I got goosebumps xD I'm telling you, this is just a wonderful series.

Being able to rewatch CCS on Bluray has reminded me why this series is one of my absolute favorites :3
Jan 21, 2015 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
Don't be rough on the wood Sakura, you need to be more gentle.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 26, 2015 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
I'm enjoying this show so much more than I did with the old "Cardcaptors" English dub years ago.
Nov 6, 2015 9:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The only reason the wood card even became big was because of the rain card. Speaking of the rain card, she kept saying "DIE" to Sakura/ Yikes.

Another date huh. I don't find the glasses guy creepy. It's just a normal lunch. I'd say people would think it's a brother/sister quality time.

Jun 19, 2017 2:18 AM

Aug 2007
I never saw Yukito as creepy. Unlike some other anime, he understands nothing more than treating his friend's little sister. Sakura's crush is cute though -- a dude with glasses and soft spoken isn't your typical pick for boys!

Sep 14, 2017 12:57 AM

Dec 2016
I was an only child for most of my life so I had to do all the chores.

I wonder if Touya will be working at every place Sakura & Yukito go to.

Thank goodness Tomoyo arrived when she did, the whole house could have been destroyed.

Fight fire with fire, fight water with water, nice going Sakura.
Nov 9, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
Sakura's new dress is so cute, especially the details. As an episode it was funny and instructive: there was a further knowledge of Clow's cards. How sweet and beautiful was the Wood Card. The after-episode with Cerbero is always very enjoyable and interesting. As I would like, have a balcony full of vegetation. <3
Dec 6, 2017 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
When Wood came out I totally thought she was gonna start talking like Snoop Dog
Mar 22, 2018 11:39 PM

Sep 2017
Good episode. It was surprising to see that WOOD actually was gentle and didn't cause any mischief, unlike RAIN.

I never knew Sakura had to sign cards. But it was nice that Tomoyo helped Sakura with the household work. She is quite nice.

Thank heavens that RAIN didn't come with thunder or lightning. And it is not often that you see WATERY used against RAIN.

More than 2 CLOW cards worked against Sakura, but I hope to see when they will work together.

Kero-chan is amazing. He decides to help Sakura even when he was completely tired. I hope they got the ice cream later on.

BTW, it seems like all the dates for Sakura end up with her and Yukito ending up eating where Sakura's Onii-chan is working at. Did Onii-chan put a regulation for Yukito for dates? Is he really okay with this? If he is, he is at least better than most Onii-samas, who wouldn't let their sister speak to other guys.

And Sakura is kawaii too, especially when around Yukito.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 16, 2018 9:42 AM

Mar 2016
Overall a really nice episode, but the thing that's been getting on my nerves is that the books weren't destroyed even after they were soaked in water.
May 4, 2018 1:05 AM

May 2016
The house's foundation was cracking cause of the trees expanding but when Wood stabilized, it looked fine. Sakura should get a contractor so the house won't fall on them lol

To think all that happened just because Rain was enjoying every second of its mischief at everyone else's expense smh. At least she got two in one.

Good thing Tomoyo was there to help too instead of being sad with her fully-prepared picnic basket. Yukito's one h u n g r y boi.

Jan 8, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
two cards now...hmmm well huh
Apr 17, 2019 3:19 PM
Aug 2018
You meet your best friends (?) little sister on a sunday. Would you go and invite her for lunch?
And why did this guy appear in every episode so far, although he doesn't really do anything? Suspicious.

Btw. the father is a busy person who also works on sundays.

JeremiahOrange said:
Did Onii-chan put a regulation for Yukito for dates? Is he really okay with this? If he is, he is at least better than most Onii-samas, who wouldn't let their sister speak to other guys.

Actually, this would be quiet disturbing if he acknowledged them as dates. That would mean he supports his friends "lolicon" behaviour.
tr25a3Apr 17, 2019 3:26 PM
Dec 10, 2019 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
Show is the epitome of cute
observing a woman's body
Apr 9, 2020 2:34 AM

Aug 2017
This was kind of a calm episode. Sakura surely had her hands full with cleaning the house. Fortunately Tomoyo offered help. Well, Sakura figured out how to beat Woody and I guess its power may come in handy later.
Apr 21, 2021 3:37 AM

Aug 2018
Cards being friends.. Sweet.. ;P Now we need a company of cards united for world domination or something.. ;D Joking, of course.. ;P But I mean, cards could unite for any cause between themselves, I guess..
May 25, 2021 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
If Kero hadn't fallen into the washing machine, the problem could've been averted, lol.

Now, she got two clow cards at once! Somehow, when the cards are captured, I'm somewhat reminded of Ghostbusters.

Jun 28, 2021 12:56 PM

Jan 2021
I almost forgot about some parts of the show that made me uncomfortable!!T_T
Nov 7, 2021 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
The wood card is so cuuuuuuute!

I loved this episode so mesmerising ^-^
Nov 30, 2023 11:36 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was sooooo good.
Mar 27, 5:06 PM
Dec 2023
the ending makes me griddy every time

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.