Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 13, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2011
I feel so bad for the second years. ;_; oh well, can't wait for the inter-high!
Feb 13, 2014 7:21 PM

Jun 2012
FerRj said:
Drakewinm said:
At this rate, Onoda will be a god at racing after he learns all the basics

And remember the sempais had his bike modified at the 1000km training. He's going to become a beast.

that, and he is still riding a steel bike, and he only just got the clipless pedals.

Well somehow the first-years won. . . I was hoping the second-years just because they are more experienced. At last, the training camp is done.

Feb 14, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2012
Only 20 episodes to go.

*cries in the corner*
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 14, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
Good episode. Onoda did great! so proud of him and the other first years!

Feb 16, 2014 2:41 PM

Apr 2011
jimjameswhatever said:

And of course they (well at least "Perm Guy") lose only to come back to become supportive?

Nah, sorry but I don't buy that at all. These are high school kids. I would have expected him to be at least bitter for the next day or so.

I also found that scene unbelievable, almost embarrassing. I figured it was one of those morally upbuilding things that anime is so full of, like showing the shounen viewers how one should always be positive and ganbare etc.

If Perm Guy instead had been pissed for another day, like you suggest, and then come back positive with those knuckles in the freshmen's chests, at the end of the episode for example, it would have been a stronger scene.

But I'm not the scriptwriter and I mostly enjoy the biking scenes in this anime (and manga) anyway! And I don't like Onoda at all...
Mar 1, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
4 letters to describe this ep.

E P I C
Mar 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
I'm surprised no one made a gif "mother of god" meme out of the Captain taking his shades off in shock.

Mar 27, 2014 2:27 AM
Sep 2012
When the 2nd years lost I felt sooooo freaking disappointed. I mean why introduce characters and hype them up to just destroy them in the end. All 3 of the first years were handicapped and still won, what kind of logic is that. The author could have make it a draw at least, I mean the 2nd year were practicing since their 1st year are since middle school and onoda as been practicing for 2 or less weeks and he can beat them damn. Then the captain is going on about emotions and this and that blah blah blah, a captain is suppose to cheer on everyone on his team. All this manga teaches is that " Only talent make one achieve their goals and remember hard work gets you nowhere"^___ ^
CandeaSenpaiJan 1, 2015 9:26 PM
Mar 28, 2014 3:09 AM

Nov 2007
Onoda learns things right after being taught them... so why do they never teach him the basics until he's at a crisis point? ^^; I mean, if it were me, I'd be like, "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE EVER THINK TO TEACH ME ABOUT CLEATS? OR THE LOWER HANDLEBARS? OR ANYTHING!?" Seriously, I'd be so annoyed. (actually, how come he never notices these things on his own? He's kind of dense.) ^^; At least his powerup this episode wasn't as much of an ass-pull. He did barely make it in time, after all.

Also... Where exactly did Teshima get that frame to fix Onoda's bike from? Seriously, where. He wasn't carrying when he arrived, was he? I don't remember seeing it. o.o;

I like the emotional weather. When Onoda is sad, it rains, but when he's happy it gets sunny. *lol*
Apr 13, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Powerful episode, may be your typical situation with the whole realization of talent > hard work but I still felt the second-years' pain.

Onoda is really lucky that Perm-senpai came to the rescue.
May 5, 2014 6:13 AM

Jun 2008
majiloveanime said:
... Shouldn't he bike with cleats in the first place? Like, the senpais didn't even notice or something?
This was my issue from the start. Onoda sould have been in the cleats to begin with esp. with a bike made for him. I asked this question about 5 episodes ago, plus Onoda should have noticed the other bikes and ask why he didn't have this.

Oh well, now the arc is over (which I did like) and it's time for Interhigh. I haven't read the manga so I don't know if they third years have graduated yet.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

May 9, 2014 5:08 PM

Apr 2014
As respect for the senpai grow stronger, one only fall more in love the little things. Green-senpai, refiller of water bottles for cute kouhai since 2014. ♪

Just like the Hime kyoudai. Gotta stick up for a brother.
("I believe you, Onada.") *rolls around floor*
May 23, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2010
Ahhhh good episode. Man I feel sorry for the 2nd years, hope they make it next year.
Jun 2, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2009
Onoda was so freaking irritating this episode. Hearing his monologues was a pain..."No one has time for anyone.." -.-

I was all like 'tell them your pedal broke!'..and he didn't say anything to his sempais..luckily Perm Senpai took initiative and helped him. If you want smtg then you shld say it. Keeping quiet would just aggravate the situation and lower the convenience.

Even tho I was irritated at Onoda, the last part where he completed the 1000 km with the others rooting for him was heartwarming! Esp the part where Makishima-senpai was holding out the drink with sheepish looking grin on his face lol and when Imaizumi and Naruko were looking at the board..they're so cute!

Finally the training camp arc is over. Now we can get started on the real action next ep :D
Jun 16, 2014 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
Poor 2nd years, trained a whole year and still don't make it.... right in the feels :(
I'm proud of the first years at the same time...doing it all with a handicap - especially Onoda.
Though I really don't understand why he didn't say his pedal broke when he got to the starting point again :D
He just passed them all and I was like .... "'stahp!' stoooop, what are you doing ?!?"'
Sep 19, 2014 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
This shit is laughable now, laughed once when all the first year passed the second year, and laughed again when the second year cried. Not that I didn't feel bad for them, but it's just so funny, Onoda ran out of stamina earlier than them, yet only them couldn't continue. Onoda's unlimited stamina is so funny.

P.S. Not done with the episode yet, now at the point the second year cry. Fuck Onoda.

Edit: Finished the episode, I am happy for Onoda, for completing the 1000 km and cleared his training camp, but I still don't really like how the author deals with him. Second year senpai are so good, I like them both, too bad there are people who keep saying shit about them on this board, before this episode.

Lovin' the OST.

P.S. Why bother with the Inter-High tournament? Asspull no main character jutsu will win Onoda the championship anyway.

Edit 2: Feel like dropping this series, but I love sports anime so much to actually drop it.
ToG25thBaamSep 19, 2014 2:28 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2008
Voduu said:
The moment Onoda and the other first years won that last sprint was the moment I dropped this anime.

Okay, not really, but seriously Onoda had no reason to beat the second years-or rather, he had no reason to even be staying side-by-side with Imaizumi and Naruko. The only thing Onoda had in terms of training was riding to Akiba and back, what was it? Every day? But Imaizumi stated himself that he practiced riding an even greater distance every day. Then, during that last sprint, not only did Onoda have less practice and less experience than everyone else, but he was also exhausted, had improper shoes, and had much heavier wheels. He had just done a full sprint against Teshima, so he was clearly very exhausted. The second-years themselves said that they had been saving up their energy for that last race, too.

Honestly, Onoda is a terrible character. Sure, he values friendship very highly, and tries his best to not disappoint them, but Kinjou even said that no matter how strong your emotions are, or how true your friendship is, they will not necessarily lead you to victory. Yet Onoda over here seems to prove all of that wrong with pure friendship and willpower. So now we know that friendship and willpower is more powerful than months or years of training. And when he gets his wheels back to normal and uses cleats he will become, put simply, a cycling god (though I can already assume he will still struggle in the Inter-High to the point where a normal person would give up, but then he'll probably think about Imaizumi and Naruko and end up winning like always, or come in the top three with Imaizumi and Naruko).

I want to enjoy this show-it was one of my favorite during the first few episodes. But with Onoda blowing away interesting characters in a race with sheer willpower, and going far above and beyond his physical limits, it's hard to enjoy. Furthermore, regardless of how much Onoda struggles or fails, we all KNOW that he will ALWAYS come out the victor when he "tries" to. It's ridiculous.

<frustration vented>

+1
preach the gospel
Feb 6, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2011
Voduu said:
The moment Onoda and the other first years won that last sprint was the moment I dropped this anime.

Okay, not really, but seriously Onoda had no reason to beat the second years-or rather, he had no reason to even be staying side-by-side with Imaizumi and Naruko. The only thing Onoda had in terms of training was riding to Akiba and back, what was it? Every day? But Imaizumi stated himself that he practiced riding an even greater distance every day. Then, during that last sprint, not only did Onoda have less practice and less experience than everyone else, but he was also exhausted, had improper shoes, and had much heavier wheels. He had just done a full sprint against Teshima, so he was clearly very exhausted. The second-years themselves said that they had been saving up their energy for that last race, too.

Honestly, Onoda is a terrible character. Sure, he values friendship very highly, and tries his best to not disappoint them, but Kinjou even said that no matter how strong your emotions are, or how true your friendship is, they will not necessarily lead you to victory. Yet Onoda over here seems to prove all of that wrong with pure friendship and willpower. So now we know that friendship and willpower is more powerful than months or years of training. And when he gets his wheels back to normal and uses cleats he will become, put simply, a cycling god (though I can already assume he will still struggle in the Inter-High to the point where a normal person would give up, but then he'll probably think about Imaizumi and Naruko and end up winning like always, or come in the top three with Imaizumi and Naruko).

I want to enjoy this show-it was one of my favorite during the first few episodes. But with Onoda blowing away interesting characters in a race with sheer willpower, and going far above and beyond his physical limits, it's hard to enjoy. Furthermore, regardless of how much Onoda struggles or fails, we all KNOW that he will ALWAYS come out the victor when he "tries" to. It's ridiculous.

<frustration vented>

Blame the second years losing on themselves. They would have beat Onoda without a problem, but they decided to be stupid and challenge Imaizumi and Naruko head on. Then they pulled a muscle trying to beat them, eliminating them from the inter-highs. Onoda didn't beat them, they beat themselves.
Apr 3, 2015 8:26 PM

Feb 2015
Ahh I feel bad for the 2nd years after this episode. I hope they try again next year for the Inter-High. Though tbh, I don't get why they were suddenly so supportive. It doesn't fit with the past two episode's attitudes.

Onoda needs to pick up a beginner's book on racing because he should know all the basics regarding gears, lower handlebars, cleats, etc.

Voduu said:
Onoda had no reason to beat the second years-or rather, he had no reason to even be staying side-by-side with Imaizumi and Naruko. The only thing Onoda had in terms of training was riding to Akiba and back, what was it? Every day? But Imaizumi stated himself that he practiced riding an even greater distance every day. Then, during that last sprint, not only did Onoda have less practice and less experience than everyone else, but he was also exhausted, had improper shoes, and had much heavier wheels. He had just done a full sprint against Teshima, so he was clearly very exhausted. The second-years themselves said that they had been saving up their energy for that last race, too.

Yeah, I can't get over that as well. He's way too OP for someone who's not supposed to be OP to begin with. Like, at least with the other sports animes, the main character has been doing the sport forever. Sigh.
Sep 19, 2015 8:16 AM
Dec 2009
UubTay said:
Aww, I was really rooting for the second-years, but I knew it was gonna end like this.

Same... I wanted to hope the second years had a chance. Too bad for them they aren't the main character :(
Sep 24, 2015 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
Finally he has new correct shoes.
Mar 22, 2016 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
All this over-the-top drama and all the tears. I feel so sorry for the second years, I really wanted them to be part of the inter high too. I feel like they deserve it more than the first years.
臭い-
Mar 11, 2017 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
my complaints for this episode and the arc in general was stated by people prior, glad i'm not alone on the stupidness with Onoda beating everyone or why no one gave him any advise on cleats and other stuff.
I liked that Naruko won the race by a slight margin though, and Imaizumi won over Naruko by a small margin too, and all in all they were like peas in a pod, always together, finishing closely together, i like this rivalry. Can't believe they kept going after that hardass race, i thought for sure they would colapse right after it LOL. Captain was right about a slight difference making a difference near the finishline, poor 2nd years, feel bad for them, body just gave in at that point, can't blame them. THough i think it was stupid of them to even start racing.

I didn't know that bikers raced through those horrible weather, it seems unreal o_o Just looking at Onoda slipping and falling due to rain, i'm curious how anyone even completed their program in those conditions o_o
Tadokoro and Kinjou are first place huh. AND THAT'S CONSIDERING Kinjou was starting later than anyone else and that Tadokoro was beating him by 30 kms. Wow. Sugoi captain. And Imaizumi and Naruko caught up to him only 5 hours later. so there's 5 hours difference between them pretty much.
I wish Naruko or Imaizumi stopped to help Onoda out, but they were too focused on the program, can't blame them, plus they didn't know if he was taking a break or if something happened.
I found it kinda ridiculous how a 2nd year came to help him ALONE without a bike in the middle of the road ??? How long did it take him? 2 hours? and how in the world did he have a spare pedal with him.

Also why did Onoda say it feels like riding a motorcycle, did he ever ride one?
May 4, 2017 7:00 PM

Jan 2015
This anime really is laughable. They just spent 3 and a half episodes on showing this neck and neck battle between the first and second years with nonsensical turns of events, when there shouldn't even be any since one group had horrible handicaps to begin with.

It's still entertaining enough I guess but definitely not for the right reasons. Can't believe this show is so highly rated tbh.
Jun 1, 2019 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Woo, the training arc is finally over! I still find it weird that Onoda wasn't given metal pedals or racing shoes before, it's the club's responsibility since he's just a beginner and it only took Manami 10 seconds to realize. Could've totally avoided having Perm-senpai walk many kilometers by himself in the rain with a torn muscle just to conveniently hand some over to Onoda...
Apr 12, 2020 4:58 PM
Jul 2017
This ep actually made me cry for the second years like all they wanted to do was compete with tadokoro at inter high and this was their last chance to do soo. AH this was such a bittersweet moment. Even tho I knew the first years obviously would of won i mean they are the main characters. But still im so sad.
Nov 3, 2020 10:12 AM

Sep 2020
Who cares if sports anime are predictable it doesn't ruin the fun

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 1, 2021 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
Too bad they can't go to the Inter High with Tadokoro. Being there with a senpai that believed in you must be special, but there's at least another year.

Was pretty hype episode again and the ending with Onoda making it was another highlight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
Sad for those second years to lose but at least they gave it their all.
Good to see everyone except the second years because of their injuries and Sugimoto managed to finish the insane 1000km goal.

Jul 15, 2023 8:20 PM

Dec 2022
such dogshit holy crap i fell asleep
Sep 30, 2023 7:13 AM

Oct 2022
bullshit, second years should have won that race but they unfortunately aren't main characters.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Apr 2016
Damn that was fucking awesome!!!! Things are already so exciting and we're not even half way through yet hahaha :D

And I was wondering how and when Onoda was gonna get the shoes and pedals! Once you get used to them, they make such a difference >:D
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2014

100 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 29, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.