Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat nurse outfit <33

Idk why but I laughed more than I had thought in the latest episode at some parts. Poor Aiba though ;.; she's trying to protect her kid. Oh well, at least that old man got what's handed to him. Looks like this arc will continue with the PV. What's with that swimsuit picture though lol
Stark700Feb 7, 2014 11:19 AM
Feb 7, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
Good to see the 2nd ep keeping up with the first ep of this arc. Loving it so far.

The animation this ep was awesome too ^^

Aya is just one BA HOT villain :D Loving her a lot. Best villain yet.

Loved the Asagi chase. She did really well keeping him away from her while backup arrived.

Sayaka's reaction to Yukina giving Kojou blood was kawaii <3

Ghirardi is HOT! And Vatler gave her one hot brutal S&M Bondage session there *A* :3

Glad that Asagi is gonna be staying. There might finally be a chance for her to find out :D She's already found out that Kojou is involved in some deep shit XD

Yuuma woke up? Wonder what her role in this arc will be. Nxt ep seems Vatler will get his ass handed to him XD
Feb 7, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
I can see where this is going. He's probably going to get Asagi blood and get another familiar. She should had been known if he really wanted to keep her safe since she's always in danger. I'm still trying to figure out in all the previous episodes he always leaped place to place to get somewhere. Now all of a sudden he wants to ride a bike after he got some blood.
Feb 7, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that was a really good episode, can't wait to see how it goes on a boat full of women lol.
Feb 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Nov 2010
Aya, da hot milf.
Also loved Sayaka's reaction as well.
Feb 7, 2014 12:26 PM
Jan 2011
Ho, hoooo,
Ghirardi is HOT! Too bad for the moment there, I thought that Vatler is giving her a horrible death.

I wonder if the rest of the remaining ep is gonna cover that witch of notaria?

Let's not forget that there are 7 more to go.
Feb 7, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
Nasty001 said:
Ho, hoooo,
Ghirardi is HOT! Too bad for the moment there, I thought that Vatler is giving her a horrible death.

I wonder if the rest of the remaining ep is gonna cover that witch of notaria?

Let's not forget that there are 7 more to go.

Judging by the way things are going, there may need to be a second season. A variety of things haven't been explained yet
Feb 7, 2014 12:50 PM

Nov 2012
Asagi was really cool and had more screen time than usual on this episode, I hope that trend continues.
Sayaka's reaction cause Yukina gave her blood to Kojou priceless.
Hopefully Kojou will take either Yuuma's or Asagi's blood next episode.
La folia please come back...........
Feb 7, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode. Must say Aya is pretty hot. Couldn't really tell from last episode. Yukina looks cute in that nurse's outfit. Love how Asagi protected Natsuki. Vatler is pretty bad ass. That snake feast attack was awesome. Can't wait for next episode.
Feb 7, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
Loved to see Yukina in that nurse outfit, I don't mind if she wears it every episode from now on. Astarte is so cool and calm, that's what I love about her!
Badass Vatler stops that woman who definitely could be a MILF, lol.

Now I have to wait another week, again..
Feb 7, 2014 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
Yukina in a nurse outfit! Next ep too :D
Asagi protected Natsuki pretty well and Astarte was there to help out :)
Sayaka's reaction to Kojou sucking on Yukina's blood xD
Vatler going badass there. Kojou taking up Vatler's offer of protection.
Looking forward to next ep.
Feb 7, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
Astarte back in the action, if only for a second.
Asagi did a great job (with the help from Mogwai of course) protecting Natsuki.

Overall good episode.
My Candies:
Feb 7, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Yesssss. So glad Vatler is still alive.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 7, 2014 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
My man Vatler is back with full power.

Aaaaand he's trashed again in the preview. :(
Feb 7, 2014 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Vatler is one sick mofo, i guess next ep is the last ep for this arc???
Feb 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode and I can't wait for the next :D
Feb 7, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
Vatler has such a beast familiar. I ant to see the others. Won't be long before Kojou's secret is out. I don't know what happens next but it seem Vatler got knocked out, again.
-Dizzy-Feb 7, 2014 4:04 PM
Feb 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2011
That Vatler's Familiar is badass~
And Natsuki chan is cute as always :3
Now I'm really hoping to see Kojou's new familiar in the next episode
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Feb 7, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
So he collapsed 'cause of hunger XD For some reason I really wanted for little Natsuki to call Koujo "papa" in front of Asagi :)

Can't wait for next episode.
Feb 7, 2014 4:14 PM

Oct 2011
Valtor OMG. Asagi blocked her eyes from seeing that.

Oh man she is using the entire school as her Grimoire 0___0
Feb 7, 2014 4:26 PM

Dec 2013
I'm curious why so many of the antagonist underestimate the progenitors. They are supposed to be the strongest vampires (in their world). Also, if you look at some supernatural media, vampires are generally at the top of the supernatural food chain/hierarchy, and this show has also given that same impression. With that said, its a wonder why most of the antagonist talk so much shit when they are fighting them only to get their asses handed to them later.

As for my thoughts on the episode itself, It was great. Asagi was great, and it looks like it's probably nearing the time for her to learn Kojou's secret (its's a wonder how he's been able to hide it from her for this long). Here's hoping the next episode can maintain this level of excellence.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Feb 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2013
Kuro_Yuuki said:
I'm curious why so many of the antagonist underestimate the progenitors. They are supposed to be the strongest vampires (in their world). Also, if you look at some supernatural media, vampires are generally at the top of the supernatural food chain/hierarchy, and this show has also given that same impression. With that said, its a wonder why most of the antagonist talk so much shit when they are fighting them only to get their asses handed to them later.

As for my thoughts on the episode itself, It was great. Asagi was great, and it looks like it's probably nearing the time for her to learn Kojou's secret (its's a wonder how he's been able to hide it from her for this long). Here's hoping the next episode can maintain this level of excellence.

Well portraying as the most powerful supernatural being in the series is completely different if they actually are and can even go all out. Progenitors may be the most powerful supernatural beings in the series, but they're multiple other factors included such as battle experience, how you utilize your power to it's full potential, strategic elements etc.

Look at Vatler for example compared to Kojou. Vatler may have a few screws lose, but his abilities within battles are all top notch while Kojou just learned just learned how to use his familiars. Also, all the foes Kojou faced COMPLETELY excelled above Kojou except raw power, healing and plot armor.

Since this anime doesn't go into depth with how the action works, Kojou always stays on top
Feb 7, 2014 5:02 PM

Nov 2013
Ramkec said:
My man Vatler is back with full power.

Aaaaand he's trashed again in the preview. :(
^this
Feb 7, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2013
This might be a very unlikely outcome but I think this was my favorite episode so far, I felt really engaged throughout this entire episode and that could be because of the chase scene. This has been a very strong second half in my opinion so far, hopefully the trend continues.
Feb 7, 2014 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
Lack of unnecessary fan service this episode. Disappointed is me.

Fight scene was meh. Tentacle snakes I guess.
Feb 7, 2014 6:17 PM
Feb 2009
damn an okay ep
Feb 7, 2014 6:30 PM

Apr 2013
He fainted from hunger. Chasing Natsuki is just a distraction.
I want Asagi to find out that Kojou is a vampire and primogenitor ^^.
Feb 7, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
yuuma's mom is pretty hot.
Feb 7, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2013
Is it just me or Yuma's mom looks like an older version of Natsuki?
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Feb 7, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2013
Hoho. Seems like Asagi's going to recieve the fang soon.

It is so refreshing to have this arc somewhat deviating from the previous ones formula. Hope they keep going this direction.
Feb 7, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
JoksPacifist said:
Hoho. Seems like Asagi's going to recieve the fang soon.

It is so refreshing to have this arc somewhat deviating from the previous ones formula. Hope they keep going this direction.

What formula? You mean bad guy shows up, Kujou fights bad guy, drinks girl blood, gets new power, beats bad guy, repeat? Insert random plot points and maybe a new girl each arc? Seems like it's still following it to me.
Feb 7, 2014 7:57 PM
Jan 2014
Goddamn Vatler is strong, hope Kojou'll fight him someday. Other than that it was great to see Asagi had more screentime. Ok episode overall.
Feb 7, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
It's so refreshing to not see Yukina being jealous. And more Asagi is always good.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 7, 2014 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
It's getting on my nerves now how they're drawing out this whole, her seeing him as a vampire thing..... jesus christ.
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Feb 7, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
Oh the chase is on for Little Natsuki and Asagi from that Kaliga guy manipulating fire. Though he was cornered and defeated, several new characters from the prison inmates showed up, but was short lived. Going to the funny phase, Kojo collapse of hunger *facepalm,* also Sayaka's reaction for Yukina giving her blood to Kojo XD. When will Kojo tell Asagi about him being a Progenitor vampire.

Eh okay episode, but too many characters in here, I got a little confused and lost throughout the episode. Though the only thing I understand is where Natsuki is some kind of "Key" from the prison inmates and Aya holding her memories from the real Natsuki. Looks like it will focus a lot more for Natsuki's arc.

Feb 7, 2014 8:22 PM

Dec 2013
Demonshaw17 said:
It's getting on my nerves now how they're drawing out this whole, her seeing him as a vampire thing..... jesus christ.

I wouldn't say it's nerve wracking personally, but I am surprised that he has been able to keep it a secret from her for this long. I also find it pretty funny that Mogwai (her AI) knows about it, and she doesn't.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Feb 7, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in 3, 2, 1...
Feb 7, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
the baldy man is looks like Gandhi, right? XD
Feb 7, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
VadNAP said:
the baldy man is looks like Gandhi, right? XD

More like Dhalsim from Street Fighters

Xipe1912 said:
He fainted from hunger. Chasing Natsuki is just a distraction.
I want Asagi to find out that Kojou is a vampire and primogenitor ^^.

Same here.

Wonder if Natsuki will be able to regain her memories.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Feb 7, 2014 10:16 PM

Dec 2011
I liked this ep more than I should
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Oct 2013
Asagi is a genius, i just want to see her reaction when she finds out that Kojou is 4th Primogenitor, can't wait for the reveal.
Feb 7, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2009
Vatler's so badass. He should appear more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
Asagi did a great job protecting "Sana-chan", although I do wish she would have some kind of weapon to defend herself with like the others. Kojou really needs to tell Asagi that he is the 4th Primogenitor though..
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Feb 8, 2014 12:19 AM
Apr 2012
Finally an arc that focus on Asagi and Kojou
Feb 8, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
I want Sana-chan to proclaim Kojou that he's her papa, then I'll be satisfied. It looks like Asagi will about to learn about Kojou's secret though.
Feb 8, 2014 4:27 AM
Sep 2012
Why is Kojou so useless? Hell even Asagi did more than him this episode... He just takes blood, uses familiar and see you again...
Feb 8, 2014 4:49 AM

Dec 2011
Please tell me the story will be better and have an actual development later... Want to find Natsuki? Just watch the tv and you will magically found her. How about Yuuma? She was stab but that was the least of their concern, apparently magic power being forcefully taken is much more life threatening than being stab through the body, heck they only care for the treatment about the magic problem and forgot that she was stab through her body.

Not to mention almost every arc using almost the same story method

New girl come-> Trouble happen -> Kojou bite one of his girls/ get new power -> Kojou swore to save new girl -> Beat the boss -> New girl becomes his harem

And for the next few arc the new girl will become the girl for him to bite and the same thing happen again.

I can't believe this is from the same author as Asura Cryin's.
amc9988Feb 8, 2014 4:54 AM
Feb 8, 2014 5:33 AM

Nov 2012
Kojou is the worst vampire I have ever seen.
Feb 8, 2014 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
LarsikFtw said:
Why is Kojou so useless? Hell even Asagi did more than him this episode... He just takes blood, uses familiar and see you again...

I think we still are in the introduction stage, each girl has an arc where the MC helps them **Induction to the harem**.
You probably noticed by now, except the first episode with the flashback there is nothing for us to consider as a concrete back ground for the MC yet.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Feb 8, 2014 6:20 AM

Apr 2013
fear80 said:
LarsikFtw said:

amc9988 said:
Please tell me the story will be better and have an actual development later... Want to find Natsuki? Just watch the tv and you will magically found her. How about Yuuma? She was stab but that was the least of their concern, apparently magic power being forcefully taken is much more life threatening than being stab through the body, heck they only care for the treatment about the magic problem and forgot that she was stab through her body.

Not to mention almost every arc using almost the same story method

New girl come-> Trouble happen -> Kojou bite one of his girls/ get new power -> Kojou swore to save new girl -> Beat the boss -> New girl becomes his harem

And for the next few arc the new girl will become the girl for him to bite and the same thing happen again.
I can't believe this is from the same author as Asura Cryin's.

I think we still are in the introduction stage, each girl has an arc where the MC helps them **Induction to the harem**.
As you probably noticed by now, except the first episode with the flashback there is nothing for us to consider as a concrete back ground for the MC yet.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2013

117 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 18, 7:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.