Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2007 4:34 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a pretty good episode, not really predictable and I'm looking forward to how they're gonna fight their way out of it.

I'm not too sure what to think of Licht's mistake. Even I noticed that flashing red button. But was it made obvious for the viewer or was Licht actually aware of it?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 2, 2007 4:53 PM

Jan 2007
I was surprised at how the CB got outwitted, but they'll probably get out of it using some of the Gundam's overpowering ability that we have not seen yet. I'm more interested with the political side of things atm. I'm really curious as to why the princess is getting help from the UN.
Dec 2, 2007 9:10 PM

Sep 2007
I enjoyed the fact that HRL out-thought Celestial Being. Cat-and-mouse games are always fun to watch unfold (a la Death Note).
Dec 2, 2007 10:07 PM
May 2007
Well that episode felt very short--can't wait until next week. =D

I doubt Licht knew of the massively-huge-red-flashing-button-on-a-near-pure-white-screen since it's kinda hard to not notice if it's on-screen. Maybe he had all his windows open and couldn't see the desktop? ^_-
Dec 2, 2007 10:47 PM

Nov 2007
amazing episode, very intense. i wonder how they will get out of this.
Dec 3, 2007 1:30 AM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
I'm really curious as to why the princess is getting help from the UN.

He wants some princess love lol. That would be stupid if it where true though.
Dec 3, 2007 1:37 AM

Sep 2007
Sergei the veteran owns :o

And the preview looks like Virtue is the one targetted. Fat Gundam is easier to catch
Dec 3, 2007 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
sHsIkuA said:
Sergei the veteran owns :o

And the preview looks like Virtue is the one targetted. Fat Gundam is easier to catch
True dat. That gundam is preety fat.
Dec 3, 2007 2:42 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Haha, to fat gundam.
I don't think Licht knew the button was blinking... he's just a dumb character. He was too sincere, I think, for it to be intentional.

As for the UN... isn't that Alejandro guy related to Celestial Being :O So is it really a UN ploy, or is it a Celestial Being thing? The organization is much larger than I originally thought. And super secretive to boot.

Can't wait for next ep, and how they're going to get out of it. Go Sumeragi!!

Oh... and LOCKON HAS A TWIN?!?! AND HE'S IRISH TO BOOT?!?!?! *drools*
Dec 3, 2007 2:58 PM

Aug 2007
I thought it was a great episode. I wasn't expecting the events to unfold like that. I hope Virtue is the one that gets capture. I never really like that Gundam or the pilot for that matter.
Dec 4, 2007 5:19 AM

Nov 2004
Lockon's name is Neil. At least it isn't Lockon, hahaha. Pretty good episode, they got outsmarted, we find out a bit about Lockon and Felt, Marina has actually achieved something (even if the collaborator is Celestial Being guy). I hope Tieria gets whacked in the head and realizes that he alone isn't anywhere near enough to do everything (since he normally acts arrogant).
Dec 4, 2007 7:15 AM

Oct 2007
XD brilliant episode! so looking forward to the next episode to see if they can get out of that situation!

getting better and better :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2007 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
woot for an interesting episode and I'm hoping Hallelujah will get an appearance :D
Dec 4, 2007 1:26 PM

Jun 2007
Wow, Neil Dylandy, that name actually sounds Irish. Usually anime are bad at naming foreigners. He's still my favorite out of the 4.

Dec 4, 2007 3:52 PM

Jul 2007
w00t Neil x Felt!
feels like every episode i fall progressively more in love with Allelujah for some reason.. =\
Dec 4, 2007 6:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
well.. CS got cornered....

Yeah, I wonder if there are moles inside CS. That guy not noticing the attack and him luring everyone out of the control room is too suspicious....

The UN still exists? It is really useless... Better than nothing though.....
Hope CS will replace UN one day.
We haven't seen the "political section" of CS yet, only the military part. I am trying to guess which organization is actually secretly supporting them.
What was previous generations of Meisters doing? CS was not known at that time.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 6, 2007 9:06 PM

Dec 2007
Well, they were obviously more covert than the current generation. Episode 1 showed us the second gen. of CS. Back when Setsuna was a kid and that Gundam saved his life.

Anyway...this whole "CS getting their butts kicked" thing feels forced. That guy just "happened" to not notice they'd been spotted. Their genius strategist just "happened" to fail this one time. And, of course, this just "happens" to start when CS has their guard down. Just seems like a way to shut up any faction of fans that think CS has been too overpowered. I don't buy it. Hopefully episode 10 has them owning the HRL. Hard.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 8, 2007 2:12 AM

Jun 2007
SageShinigami said:
Well, they were obviously more covert than the current generation. Episode 1 showed us the second gen. of CS. Back when Setsuna was a kid and that Gundam saved his life.

Anyway...this whole "CS getting their butts kicked" thing feels forced. That guy just "happened" to not notice they'd been spotted. Their genius strategist just "happened" to fail this one time. And, of course, this just "happens" to start when CS has their guard down. Just seems like a way to shut up any faction of fans that think CS has been too overpowered. I don't buy it. Hopefully episode 10 has them owning the HRL. Hard.

I agree, I think their just trying to make all the different types of fans happy right now. If you noticed they have taken things that the die hard gundam fans have been mad about for years and tried to implement them into this series.
1) More politics
2) Try not to make the gundams overpowered
3) Make a new original story line not something reused
4) Add more hot girls in it.
...etc
Dec 8, 2007 5:11 PM

Dec 2007
Hehe, who asked for more hot girls? Oh well, I won't complain. ^^ Still, I'd rather one of them be a kick-ass Gundam pilot!

Anyway, in this particular series it works better if the Gundams ARE overpowered. And, technically they still are, which is why this episode happened. Oh well. Still can't wait for episode 10.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 6, 2008 5:31 AM

May 2008
DeathfireD said:
I agree, I think their just trying to make all the different types of fans happy right now. If you noticed they have taken things that the die hard gundam fans have been mad about for years and tried to implement them into this series.
1) More politics
2) Try not to make the gundams overpowered
3) Make a new original story line not something reused
4) Add more hot girls in it.
...etc

well they definatly have alot of politics in this one
the gundams i feel are still overpowered
nothing to say about the story line yet
the girls aren't that hot in this anime
the art is gorgeous though
Jul 18, 2008 6:57 AM

Jun 2007
I enjoyed this episode...great pacing, some characterisation, and a change from the usual scenario of the gundams being the ones in control. Plus, I think Lockon is even more awesome now I know he's Irish (being part Irish myself)!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 1, 2009 5:23 PM

May 2008
People keep talking about "CS": what does this stand for?
May 30, 2009 7:03 PM

Mar 2009
I've gotta say this was a very nice episode compared to the last one. A lot of nice twists and turns. I mean we start right off finding out that Lockon has a twin or something! Then soon after we learn that his real name is Niel and his parents died from terrorists. We also learn about Feldt and how her parents were past Gundam meisters who died. I find it strange how much information the organization keeps from its own members.

And another twist, that Princess from Azada...whatever, is actually going to get some aid from the UN. But the guy helping them is actually a backer of Celestial Being! So what does he want out of this? It's very interesting.

But then of course there's the HRL's attack on Celestial Being which is carried out in an amazing way by the colonel. Now my biggest complaint here has to be that they took way too long covering the actual preparation for the battle here. I mean it just took up way too much time showing everybody getting into position and whatnot. But when said battle actually began it was great since Ms. Sumeragi's forecast was actually wrong, the colonel outsmarted her! He isn't actually going after the main ship but he wants to capture one of the Gundams. Then the trap is set off for Allelujiah and the Lieutenant is going after him with a massive mobile suit force. If that isn't enough Allelujiah's headache comes back and he somehow realizes that he knows who that HRL super soldier is!

Like I said there were some good twists here and I am the kind of guys who just loves twists and cliffhangers! It was very good, though the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5 is the fact that there are still parts of the episode where it's just plain boring. Hopefully that'll get fixed later.

The preview looks like the next ep will be good too, and it even looks like we'll get a glimpse of Hallelujah!
Aug 16, 2009 1:02 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, what is CS? Isn't Celestial Being CB?
Sep 27, 2009 5:14 PM

Apr 2009
It was one of the best episodes so far and I agree with others that its interesting to see CB without control of the situation. I don't know about anyone else but at this stage I'm finding myself wanting CB to be challenged by competent enemies and maybe even defeated, rather than dominating the world with 4 overpowered mobile suits
Feb 7, 2010 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
I wonder who were those two in the beginning. They seem to be twins. Also isn't the guy from the UN with CB? I wonder why they are helping that nation.

And it seems predictable but I guess that they will capture a Gundam. And I bet that it will be the guy that gets those head pains.
Aug 6, 2010 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
Fuck yeah! We have a paddy! I wish he had the accent :(
Sep 4, 2010 1:17 AM

Aug 2009
good episode.
Celestial Being got cornered.

whoa~ neil aka lockon had a twin?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Apr 19, 2011 12:00 PM

Sep 2009
Chyaaah.
Great character development for my favorite character in this series.
And the Celestial Beings finally get outmaneuvered.
Nov 18, 2011 3:58 PM

Mar 2008
Probably best ep so far. It will be nice if in the next ep they'll catch some Gundam, also this is probably about time for someone to die in battle. Its not that I'm against Celestial Begin, I just think they need more pain and suffering.
Also I liked that semi-romantic development about Grace.
Jan 1, 2012 8:13 AM

Aug 2009
Now they need better tactics to survive. It's Strategy RPG time!
Aug 5, 2012 10:25 PM

Dec 2008
Pretty good episode, I loved how they were outwitted.
Sep 1, 2013 12:33 PM
Sep 2012
tactical brain fuck ... HELL YEAH !!
Apr 10, 2014 1:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The HL with the brilliant Colonel Smirnov outmaneuvred the Celestial Beings. What they didn't count on was that CB has the luck of the Irish with them now. Defeat is certain.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 19, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
Christina left her post... THAT'S the mistake that was made (and the ship took damage because she was freaking out and didn't raise the GN field as ordered).

This episode is more intense because Celestial Being on on the defensive this time.
Aug 3, 2014 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
CG-LOVER said:
And another twist, that Princess from Azada...whatever, is actually going to get some aid from the UN. But the guy helping them is actually a backer of Celestial Being!

Am I the only one who missed this point altogether? There's been so many characters introduced, it's bloody difficult keeping track of them all. >_>

Anyway, super intense episode and definitely my favorite yet. Great character development all around, but the point which is really interesting me that keeps being danced around is the topic of the holy war. I'm 99% sure it's an allusion to the current Middle-Eastern wars, i.e. Israel and Pakistan. I keep waiting to hear more information in regards to it - especially after realizing the involvement of Azadistan in the war - but it keeps being bypassed.

There's a hell of a lot of ground to cover still.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 16, 2016 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
Oh boy Sergei has them on the ropes. If Lock On's Gundam was working right this wouldn't be as close of a fight.
Aug 19, 2018 1:01 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ohh, interesting that Feldt's parents were part of CB too. Lockon consoling her was nice, but lol when Allelujah came in and misunderstood.

I like it when a female is the captain/commander (like Murrue and Talia from SEED), Sumeragi has been really reliable so far, even though she miscalculated this time around, I'm sure they'll get out of this. Not sure if a Gundam won't be captured though. I laughed at the "fat Gundam" comment somewhere above XD I wonder if when we get Tieria's backstory, will people stop being annoyed by him? Or perhaps it'll be too late to change our point of view.
May 29, 2020 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
At last Celestian Beings had been played by enemy tacticians and are in trouble both because of that and because of huge hostile forces coming right for them. :P It would be cool if one Gundam was captured. Anyway, I have a feeling that the next episode is gonna be very good!
Apr 6, 2021 9:53 AM

Feb 2020
Great, intense episode. It was funny when poor Allelujah came in and misunderstood the situation.
Oct 18, 2022 5:22 PM
Oct 2022
is my First Gundam and it's Soo Good
Oct 18, 2022 5:24 PM
Oct 2022
is my First Gundam and it's Soo Good
Jan 5, 1:53 AM

Jul 2017
A very intense episode, i liked a lot the scene with Lockon and feldt, they're cute.
I wonder how celestial being will survive this UN attack.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Feb 24, 8:17 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to Neemesis_2
A very intense episode, i liked a lot the scene with Lockon and feldt, they're cute.
I wonder how celestial being will survive this UN attack.
@Neemesis_2 I do like their characters but all the women have an extreme case of One Piece syndrome. Sumeragi's mission outfit in particular is hilarious.
Feb 25, 11:31 PM

Jul 2017
LotteGiants said:
@Neemesis_2 I do like their characters but all the women have an extreme case of One Piece syndrome. Sumeragi's mission outfit in particular is hilarious.

i agree with you, but we like Sumeragi even with this sindrome.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

» This has aged poorly or is it just me? New To G00 but not G series

BiobulletM - Jun 13, 2022

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.