Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2012 3:47 AM
Jul 2012
The end was so sad,
that she wakes up like that every morning ):
Aug 16, 2012 6:34 PM

Oct 2009
arseret said:
The end was so sad,

Agreed!
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Sep 11, 2012 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
Tensai-Sama said:
arseret said:
The end was so sad,

Agreed!

I don't think it's every morning, because she'd remember reading her notes from the night before, I think in this case she's slept for over 13 hours because of her exhaustion and it's something she normally wouldn't do. It's probably her first complete memory loss in a while and the reason that guy warned Renji about getting close to her.
Nov 4, 2012 6:14 AM

May 2012
They succeeded in making the story so touching I cried! Great episode but so damn sad!
Jan 30, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 2012
Tensai-Sama said:
arseret said:
The end was so sad,

Agreed!

Yea, I was wondering how come she is always so composed when every day she wakes up 3 years older and missing an eye...

I really do feel for her, which means that the story just gets better and better
BronzeAge
Jan 30, 2013 10:15 AM
Jan 2012
Ohhhh I see, you are
MudRune said:
Tensai-Sama said:
arseret said:
The end was so sad,

Agreed!

I don't think it's every morning, because she'd remember reading her notes from the night before, I think in this case she's slept for over 13 hours because of her exhaustion and it's something she normally wouldn't do. It's probably her first complete memory loss in a while and the reason that guy warned Renji about getting close to her.
probably right
BronzeAge
Mar 31, 2013 11:18 PM

Dec 2008
^^^
That's an interesting idea, I wonder if it's the case.

Wow, so now we get to see the truth, or rather the reality behind Chihiro's condition. I feel kind of like how Renji must have - I've understood the basics of her condition, but never really imagined the implication of what it does to her. What a reality check.
Aug 25, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
I literally had chills when Chihiro "found out" about her condition. The last bit with Miyako was also incredibly powerful. This is such a great work.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 2, 2013 2:05 AM

Nov 2012
WHAT?! chihiro losing all her memories?! :O omg it must be hard for renji :/
poor renji.. it is really sad when seeing chihiro act like that :(

and miyako... miyako is really such a strong girl :3..
I wonder who will hirono choose :3
Oct 12, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
MudRune said:
Tensai-Sama said:
arseret said:
The end was so sad,

Agreed!

I agree. It doesn't make sense that she does that every morning.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 12, 2013 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
makarov52 said:
WHAT?! chihiro losing all her memories?! :O omg it must be hard for renji :/
poor renji.. it is really sad when seeing chihiro act like that :(

and miyako... miyako is really such a strong girl :3..
I wonder who will hirono choose :3

I agree. I feel really sad for Renji, and I can't believe it.

I'm proud of Miyako, and I can't stand Kei! I hope Hirono finds out what's going on. I really hope he chooses Miyako. I can't stand Kei, especially after what she did to Chihiro.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Nov 8, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2012
another dramatic ending, this time for the other story, the ending weas heartbreaking when she forgot everything DL Renji looked helpless.... the two stories are solid so far which I wasn't expecting (i was expecting one to be strong the other not so much) second half of this show has just exceeded what i expected! love it
Nov 18, 2013 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
I'm still way too interested in the Miyako x Hiro story to care as much as I should about the Chihiro x Renji story... I mean it's good of course, but I'm still thinking about what's gonna happen next with Miyako and Hiro...

Kei...that stupid bitch messing with Miyako. I really don't want Miyako to turn yandere, but at the same time I wish that would happen >_>
Dec 3, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2008
Well this episode was okay not great but okay better then the last for me at least
Dec 19, 2013 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
I feel like killing someone.. god this is tragic.
Dec 30, 2013 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
The highlight was definitely Chihiro freaking out at the end.

If there is one thing I can't get used to in this anime it's the alternating between the two plots. At some points I get really into the Renji x Chihiro moments, but then it changes to the Miya x Hiro x Bitch-chan moments suddenly and I find it hard to adjust (and same vice-versa).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Holy fucking shit. This fucking show.

Damn, Chihiro forgetting everything, that must be so horrible, both for Renji and her tutor. That slap was difficult to watch, but now I understand why he did it...

It's kinda ironic because she was so scared of forgetting about Renji and other, but in the end, she wouldn't even remember that she forgotten. I mean, I fully understand that feeling, it's just one huge irony.

God, maybe now Miyako can get out of her lethargy. Seriously, it was horrible to see. When she was trying to force that roof door, it looked like she was tring to find him to kill him :S

Kei pulled out such a bitch move to get to the door in a towel...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 1, 2014 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
Wow. Between this and episode 7...

I love how quickly this anime took the leap from mildly saddening to massively depressing.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 12, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
the different emotions you feel throughout 1 ep of this shows doesn't even compare to 10 different shows combinded
great ep hope she doesnt have a fatel illness
[/quote]
Jul 18, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
That ending omfg CHIHIROOOO :(((
And Kei is really pissing me off, but it seems like Hirono is thinking of Miyako instead of her so that's great. Even though Kei has liked him longer, it doesn't necessarily mean that he HAS to like her because of that.
Even though Miyako is still childish with her ways of love, she's definetly a lot more mature than Kei who nags and complains and orders Hirono to do things all the time! That is no way to a man's heart! (Well at least not Hirono's)
Oct 22, 2014 3:41 AM

Oct 2013
sheesh seeing her like that for the frist time a bit of a shock/.

didnt really realise how short her 'sheep diameter' really was. stuck at twelve. devo
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 22, 2015 2:06 PM
Mar 2014
Erk i'm staring to hate Kei she is such an ass.

That slap tho.
May 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Aug 2009
well, sucks for renji and chihiro now

miyako is baaaaaaaaaaaack! thanks to the tall-hat girl

wonder if reading the diary will help chihiro recover somehow...

damn it this show is just getting more intense each ep
Aug 30, 2015 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
Really despise Kei, she is pretty much the biggest shitbag on the planet.
Sep 28, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2014
Aww, Chihiro... she's so cute ;-;
Kei best girl, Miya sux!!! #4life
Oct 6, 2015 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
I think this was the most straightforward episode so far. There weren't many new developments; it was mostly extensions of developments from the last episode.

Although I don't approve of how Himura handled Chihiro waking up early, I now understand why he was trying to dissuade Renji and Chihiro from growing close to one another. It was made all the more abundantly clear in this episode that Chihiro truly does love Renji; if there was even a shadow of a doubt before, it is now banished. The flashback showed us that she indirectly remembered everything that happened when Renji initially rejected her: She was getting up early at night to refresh her memory and recall the emotions she felt when the rejection happened (by remembering the emotions she felt when she first recalled said emotions before she went to sleep) so that she wouldn't lose her feelings (since that's what Renji was [selfishly] desiring-- the emotions). This was how she was able to remember what the sand castle looked like, and why Renji thought her memory was improving. In reality, she had just recalled the events and emotions more frequently so they wouldn't disappear from her recollection. However, as Himura noted, this put a lot of mental stress on her since she was actively reviewing various images, emotions, and conversations she had previously had incessantly, plus all of the new conversations/emotions/events. Said mental stress coupled with the additional mental work involved in writing the book and the lack of sleep eventually caused her to crash completely.

It was wise of Himura to allow Renji to see Chihiro's state if she forgets everything. While it's not normal for her to sleep over 13 hours, Renji needed to see what happens first-hand if she does so, especially since this happened because of him. Chihiro reverts to the mind of a 12-year-old and has to start over completely... Renji needs to realize that, as Himura said, he shouldn't be expecting a miracle. This is the reality of any relationship he is to have with Chihiro; there is no room for selfishness. He'll have to work at it just like Chihiro was. Only, now that all this has happened, it could take awhile before Chihiro can return to normal.

The story of the girl marrying the painting only to toss out everything related to the wedding that evening seems heavily reminiscent of what actually happened when Chihiro passed out just before taking Renji's hand.

Kei continues to act grossly, unsorrowfully selfish. Miyako seems to have recovered somewhat from her emotional breakdown, but she still seems depressed. What happen between Miyako and Hiro next will likely be critical.

Also, I'm still waiting for an explanation for the ethereal woman.

I thought the title card Past::Present was interesting since both Miyako (figuratively) and Chihiro (literally) are stuck in the past. Similarly, the title for the next episode, "Forget Me Not", could apply to both Miyako's and Renji's situations.

It was a good episode.
Oct 23, 2015 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
Rei was such a bitch! Pretending that she had just slept with Hiro and saying all those mean things to Miyako =/
Poor Chihiro =/ it must be so hard to be "stuck", I hope Renji doesn't leave her.
Nov 12, 2015 7:15 AM

May 2015
That scene with Chihiro. Oh my gosh, this is breaking my heart.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 22, 2015 4:26 PM
Nov 2014
Series has really taken a drastic dark turn in the last couple of episodes.
Oct 24, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2015
Kei can rot in hell for all I care. I hate abusive characters; if I learned that my sister manipulated me that way, there would be no quick forgiveness.

Very good scenes with Chihiro and Miyako, but the ones with Kei leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Nov 12, 2016 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
OP Song: 3/5

Hiro doesnt care Kei, he choosed manga over her, haha.

Ohhhh, Chihiro memory reverted back to 4 years ago. That must be painful for Renji. Now what can you do for her, Abarai Renji?

3.6/5
Jan 2, 2017 4:38 PM

Nov 2016
This show is absolutely magnificent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 1:04 AM
Nov 2015
Kei is deliciously evil
May 24, 2017 12:19 AM

Aug 2016
SunSir said:
This anime is on a completely different level from others!!!

This anime is some serious shit......

OMG!!!

That's what happened when Chihiro did not read the note at least once in 13 hours.....
She completely forgets everything.
Damn, that was painful to watch
Aug 30, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode. This show is really hitting the feels.

Also the ED was really nice this week. Gonna go download it lol
Nov 2, 2017 5:09 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Chiiro....everyday is like that.

And it seems that Kei has learned NOTHING from it.
Mar 17, 2019 5:36 AM

May 2016
That was really intense.
May 6, 2021 6:16 AM

Nov 2018
Just a random thought :
It's kinda annoying that most of this type of drama/romance always portray a male main character as a kind retard completely oblivious to everyone's feelings and just living his life , while all girls around him are suffering.
I hate everyone equally
Sep 16, 2022 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
It's funny how Kei hasn't realized she's doing pretty much the same thing to Miyako as she did to Chihiro
Only caring for herself, which is funny because before all this she didn't allow herself to get romantically involved with Hiro because of what happened to Chihiro.
Nov 3, 2022 3:49 PM

Apr 2022
WTF SO SAD AND DISTURBING THIS ANIME IS A MUST WATCH MUTHERFUCKERS
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Nov 12, 2022 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
why does chihiro wear her eyepatch in the bath and while she sleeps? lol
Nov 21, 2022 3:37 AM

Jul 2022
And finally Renji sees the situation with his own eyes.
May 5, 2023 7:54 AM

Jul 2016
As if seeing the reality of Chihiro's condition once wasn't already intense enough, remembering that this is a routine for her is just painful. Saying that Renji chose a tough route to pursue is quite the understatement.

That post credits payphone call tho. Talk about ominous.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.