Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
That was a great recap, more recap episodes should be like that.
New OP is pretty good, and the ED is adorable, so much Mako.
wow gay
Jul 2018
I continue to adore this show. Mako's Alien made me spit out my anime snack time cookies, too! Loved the new OP, the few new pieces of OST I heard were awesome as well. I didn't expect Life Fibers to be from space though. I always thought their origins would be rooted deeper into man-made science.

Great episode!

Feb 2013
Syntelle said:
I like how this show panders to both demographics. Male fans can drool over yuricest and then all of a sudden Aikuro pops out of nowhere with his sparkling body and evolution lesson in drag.

/It's for the plot, guys; for the plot./

I agree with you, I like how this show throws its fanservice all over for people of any orientation or demographic. Honestly, I started watching this show because I saw gifs of Tsumugu and Ira on tumblr, and they are the closest characters with bara-like designs I've seen since Alexander the Great in Fate/Zero so my interest was piqued (for admittedly shallow reasons). I lucked out that KLK is actually an entertaining show too, so it has definitely been a win/win experience for me so far lol.
Jan 30, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Recap episode?! What a waste of tim---- oh it's done. XD!!!

Mako seemed really captivated by whatever she was looking at on Mikisugi's body.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 30, 2014 9:53 PM
Nov 2013
Why Kill la Kill, that you gotta upload SOOO Late xC

http://www.mp4upload.com/3n6uos5d4upx Found a subbed version before Crunchyroll/all those other anime websites get theirs.

Halfway watching the video: I have no clue what in the world Satsuki's mother is doing to her to "purify" her. This episode is solely the reason why Kill la Kill is sooooo about clothing. Apes having Life fibers? Really? xD
der4Jan 30, 2014 10:08 PM
Jan 30, 2014 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
That 2 minutes recap was so fast.

Incest yuri action between Satsuki and her mom was not bad. I didn't expect the Life Fibers came from space.
Jan 30, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode. I seriously thought this was going to be a full recap episode, until it started speeding through the events.

I didn't expect Ragyo to rape Satsuki (or whatever she thinks she's doing), but with the way she felt her up a few episodes ago, it wasn't too surprising. I wonder who Satsuki's dad was. :o

I also didn't expect Life Fibers to have come from aliens. That poor mouse. Dx

Yeah, I don't understand why Ryuko is suddenly pissed at everyone because of the truth about Senketsu. She had no problem fighting them before, while knowing he was the same (to an extent) as the other uniforms (just with a mind of his own). So why is it different now? She said she wanted revenge on whoever killed her father, why not take this opportunity to side with Nudist Beach and destroy Ragyo for sending someone to murder him?

I guess she thinks all the other uniforms are "people" like Senketsu now, and destroying them would be akin to murdering them.

Although, I really liked her rage scene. Ami Koshimizu, hats off to you!

The new OP was awesome, and I loved the ED! Mako is too adorable.
NabrisJan 30, 2014 10:00 PM

Jan 30, 2014 10:22 PM

Feb 2012
Spiderman also had clothes made of life fibers at one point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 10:31 PM
Jun 2011
Holy shit.
That's wild.
So Senketsu is an alien damphir sailor uniform made to eat other life fibers, which are the inspiration and source of all clothing on earth?
They aren't smart enough to pull off a coherent plot that complex, but it'd be awesome if they could have.

Also, love the shiny new OP AND ED.
And that recap, that's what I'm talking about.
No bullshit, right to the point!
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Jan 30, 2014 10:48 PM

Sep 2013
Now that's how you do a recap!

Epic OP

Interesting the butlers nephew is the sewing guy.

That bathhouse scene was hot, and her mom is really pale, I didn't notice that before.

Mako's imagination rules, I bet that's exactly how it happened ;)

For once the alien card was pulled off pretty well, that was a great backstory.

Damn this series has an amazing OST

That ED, so many Makos 0_0

Outstanding episode.
Jan 30, 2014 10:55 PM
Oct 2012
Excellent episode, this show is really so much fun.

As for Satsuki in the bath, it looked as if her mother was either activating her chakras or doing something from the Kabbalah (which would be the "tree" from the start of Evangeliion), will be interesting to she how that develops, particularly since it looks as if Satsuki is not overly keen on how her mother is using her.

The opening was fun, looking forward to Mako in her business suit, plus we will see the return of boss Mako v2, that is something to really look forward to. I liked how they had Satsuki and Ryoko on different runways, leading to the same conflict, so it seems like Ryoko is part of the Mother's bigger plans. Be fun to see where that will end up.

Mako is, as always, a charm to watch, particularly the alien scene and her ED face. The ending will somehow relate to her I think, after all she is the "boss", so chances are she will prove to be the "final" boss.

Ryoko's anger was well placed. She is the only person who likes clothes for what they are, not what they can do for people, which of course will be what sets her apart, and probably fits it the mother's plan. After all Satsuki hates her own clothing, and the rest of the people worship or despise clothing.

So much to look forward to. I really need to start cutting back on my popcorn intake, but how can one stop knowing that there is still 8 episodes or so left?
Jan 30, 2014 10:56 PM

Sep 2012
Shit just got reeeeeal. We now have a reason why the fan service in this show was COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED.

Right guys? Right?

Riiiiiiiight?

Well who cares if it isn't anyway.

Also, let that start be a message to all anime producers with retardedly log recap episodes nobody really wants to see. That was some of the most appropriate satire Ive ever seen in an anime.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 30, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2013
Best "recap episode" ever. Seriously, if any anime needs to do a "recap episode, it should be done in the style shown in this episode.

As for the fact that life fibers are extraterrestrials that feed on human, I personally don't mind it. Sure, it sounds ridiculous but this show is ridiculous in a very fun way.

That bath scene with Satsuki and her mother was a bit creepy for my tastes.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jan 30, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
Aaaand everything comes together. Awesome.

kickmesign said:
Spiderman also had clothes made of life fibers at one point.

Heh, good one!
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 30, 2014 11:06 PM

Apr 2011
Epd 16... Mind = Blown

I love you Trigger!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jan 30, 2014 11:17 PM
Apr 2008
New opening and ending this episode. The ending is a cute ending all about Mako. I like the new opening more than the previous one as it’s a lot more action packed. I wonder if this opening is foreshadowing, or if it’s just a case of a misleading opening, what will happen later on in this series as during the shot of nude Ryuuko tied by Life Fibers it shows Senketsu with both eyes open in the background. Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder why Isshin gave Senketsu an eyepatch to begin with.

I believe this is the first episode without a fight scene of any kind, but we do get quite a few important revelations and some good character moments. Satsuki is humanized somewhat in this episode in the sense that she seems less invincible than she seemed in the rest of the series. It turns out that the fight in the previous episode took its toll on her and Junketsu almost goes out of control and seeing Satsuki so exhausted is quite a poignant sight. It seems like the Culture Festival might have special about it seeing as how Satsuki’s eyes noticeably widen the moment Ragyou mentions it.

Mako was funny as usual this episode. I found it hilarious how the episode cuts from the serious scene Satsuki saying, “We shall welcome you with open arms, Mother” complete with rock music to that long shot of Mako struggling to stay awake after Aikurou’s plot dump while Ryuuko is thinking about what Aikurou said.

I think there's also quite a bit of new music this episode. It sounds just as good as the rest of the music of this series.
GreatTeacherKenJan 30, 2014 11:23 PM
Jan 30, 2014 11:21 PM
Aug 2013
that recap

new op and ed are pretty good. satsuki in the bath was pretty interesting
Jan 30, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2012
One of the best episodes of the series, imo. Hypeee.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 31, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 2011
Great recap
Did she just get off from her mother lulz? xD
I liked this episode good back story and kept me interested all the way through :D
Jan 31, 2014 12:02 AM
Jul 2018

The first time I've enjoyed a recap.
New OP and ED. Loved the OP; ED is okay.
Jan 31, 2014 12:12 AM

Jul 2012
that OST! Hiroyuki Sawano is amazing...
Jan 31, 2014 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
that Mako... thanks to her I can still manage to smile while watching... this episode was kinda serious

I think Satsuki and Ryuuko will join forces to defeat Satsuki's mom
Jan 31, 2014 12:43 AM
Oct 2011
Jan 31, 2014 12:49 AM

Jul 2013
LOL I wish Monogatari had that kind of recap so they didn't waste 5 (or 6, forgot) Goddamn episodes to do useless recap.

So I suppose they need to cut that ball into pieces. I wonder if that mass of life-fiber will engulf Ragyou and become a massive monster.

There's one thing though, Mikisugi said that Ragyou made the contract with Life Fiber which led to its awakening around 200 years ago. Does that mean Ragyou is 200 years old???? will we ever see Satsuki's father???

My guess is Ragyou was already infested by the Life Fibers (thus the contract) and since she has high tolerance for it, she managed to survive for hundreds of years. The reason she wanted to spread life fibers all over the world and consume human's population is also because it's the will of that life fiber ball (the hivemind). The way she talked to Satsuki about humans being fragile makes me think that Ragyou is no longer a human.
MoeGodJan 31, 2014 12:56 AM
Jan 31, 2014 12:59 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode. Didn't expect the term 'alien' in Kill la Kill. Way to go Trigger.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 31, 2014 1:05 AM

Aug 2008
I almost decided to skip this episode after the narrator trolled with it being a recap one. Good thing they sped it up from the get-go and made it obvious it was not the case...

The LF were aliens. Ok, I prefer that over supernatural jargon I guess.
Jan 31, 2014 1:08 AM
Apr 2013
Yeah, the big reveal about the Life Fibers blew.

Despite that this was still one of the best episodes of "Kill la Kill", simply because, I maintain that this show is at it's best when there is no fighting and we're just watching characters relate to one another. Also the jokes worked (Mako ones included).

Satsuki has always been and will always be the best thing about this show, right next to Ryuuko.

That vacant expression on her face when she was on the plane was just...wow. She was worn out.

Jan 31, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
Best. Recap. Ever. :D
Jan 31, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2011
New OST is so much win.
Jan 31, 2014 2:09 AM

May 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:

There's one thing though, Mikisugi said that Ragyou made the contract with Life Fiber which led to its awakening around 200 years ago. Does that mean Ragyou is 200 years old???? will we ever see Satsuki's father???

They made mistake in translation. This what underwater say in their official website about episode 16

"We made a pretty silly mistake at around 16:16 - "two hundred" should be just "twenty". Sorry for the confusion!"
Jan 31, 2014 2:10 AM

Sep 2010
entire episode 10/10

Nudist Beach has a beach amazing

The new OP is much better than the first though I did prefer the 1st one's song. Satsuki and Ryuuko better team up!

that bath scene

i love you, Trigger
Jan 31, 2014 2:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
And that....yes I'm talking to you SHAFT.... is how you do a recap. Short, spectacular and to a point.

We get the big reveal altough I suppose the only thing we didn't know was that they were aliens (I LOL'ed when Mako literally imagined the Xenomorph from Alien in a sailor uniform...)

The bath scene was service at its best. Satsuki is got a smokin' figure which even Shimapan Ryuko cannot match. Daughter molestation has never been so hawt.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 31, 2014 2:23 AM

Mar 2013
Best recap I have seen :D Trigger FTW
Matoi's joke about Satsuki's eyebrows :D
A beach in Nudist Beach 's base
Dat bath scene was delicious
Mako's imagination about Isshin and her imitation of alien xD
LF are aliens that was unexpected

OP and ED are good
Jan 31, 2014 2:31 AM

Dec 2013
When this episode stared I was thinking NOOO but thank god it only went for one and a half min and ot me the whole clothes thing is weird. Like the new OP
Jan 31, 2014 2:34 AM

Apr 2010
Recap episode... (one minute later) epic episode.
Well, a lot of information this time, I hope Satsuki will oppose to her family.
5/5, new OP is amazing, new ED is Mako-100%.
Jan 31, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2011
SO CUTE ENDING^^
Jan 31, 2014 3:10 AM

Nov 2011
Last week:
Hardcore Yaoi Rape scene

This Week:
Hardcore Yuri Rape scene

Best Recap episode ever
FINALLY SOME PLOT PROGRESSION
I am Glad they didn't pull a fullmetal alchemist (life fibers are are made of real humans) or Eva (Dr.Matoi soul is in Senketsu)
But instead they Pull a Chrono Trigger :D

plus
Ragyo is a Total Biatch , guess that what makes her a good villain
ssjathenaJan 31, 2014 3:16 AM
Jan 31, 2014 3:21 AM
Oct 2012
Did Satsuki cry at 3:29?

She was probably really scared when Junketsu got out of control and tried to consume her. She even held her arms afterwards which hints that she was scared (probably).

Good thing she went back to her usual self when she saw that her butler was really worried about her.

The new OP was really great and the Giant Kanjis are still there :3
Jan 31, 2014 3:47 AM

Aug 2013
That speed recap is how ALL recaps should be, thank god it wasn't a 30 min recap like SOME shows like to do...

Pretty mellow episode as far as fighting goes, just pretty much backstory on nudest beach and life fibers.

Overall pretty decent episode...have to wait another week for the next now grrr.
My Candies:
Jan 31, 2014 3:56 AM

Jan 2008
Pipoko said:
eurgh there are people who found that scene hot. That's creepy. Especially since Satsuki clearly looked like she was in pain and uncomfortable. That wasn't played for fanservice or fun at all. It was uncomfortable and creepy, reinforcing the idea of oppression through these clothes - Ragyo is making sure her daughter remains under her "control" in the most disgusting way possible. Makes for a really effective villain, though.

She did look VERY uncomfortable but to me that didn't look like pain. More like she was having an orgasm.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Jan 31, 2014 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
The pace of this show was too slow, which affected the BD sales, hope there will be improvement
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jan 31, 2014 4:26 AM
May 2012
Pipoko said:

There have been these hints of something darker lurking around the background, but what I'm really worried about how it'll be handled. I'll definitely drop this series if the whole thing ends up being joked about, though luckily the scene itself indicated that it will be taken seriously.

Again, the show is suggesting sexuality is the reason we covered up with clothes since the beginning. Even Ragyo states how species defying their own primal instincts (sexuality in this case) would eventually go extinct.

How are people missing this?
Jan 31, 2014 4:43 AM

Dec 2013
they spent too much time explaining shit...but the episode was funny and the OST was good. 7/10
Jan 31, 2014 5:29 AM

Jan 2013
Finally, a good episode.

Life-fiber'ed Earth vs. Ryuko confirmed.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 31, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2012
When they said in the beginning it was going to be a recap I was already ready to just come to the forum and just read the comments haha. Glad I stayed those extra 2 minutes lol awesome opening. Love that song with satsukis mother. Anyone know what it's called?
Now we know the truth about the life fibers..
Jan 31, 2014 5:43 AM
May 2012
outkastfox said:
When they said in the beginning it was going to be a recap I was already ready to just come to the forum and just read the comments haha. Glad I stayed those extra 2 minutes lol awesome opening. Love that song with satsukis mother. Anyone know what it's called?
Now we know the truth about the life fibers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-N3MS1YKeo
Blumenkranz.
Jan 31, 2014 5:57 AM

May 2012
Now we know why Dr Matoi Isshin had a mouse on top of his lab coat. Maybe it was the same mouse that survived the experiment.

I am glad that I didn't drop this show just because of the nudity involved. I somewhat knew it could be tied to the bigger plot, however was not expecting all of this about the aliens and stuff...
Jan 31, 2014 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, mum and daughter's time :P First episode in the series thats so focused on explanation but at least they cleared up quite a bit :)
Jan 31, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
I liked the episode. Mako's genuine reactions are as adorable as ever.

New OP is really cool, though I think I prefer Sirius to ambiguous.
Jan 31, 2014 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Ami Koshimizu is a really fucking great VA.

Though I can't really understand why she got so upset, Ryuko's rage scene was great.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.