Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 3, 2011 9:52 PM

Feb 2011
the ending was a sigh not that great but satisfying
it would be great if jil ended up with fatina but since kaaya is not that really a bad girl though she's annoying i'm ok that jil is wth her :)

8/10
Jul 8, 2011 9:03 PM

Apr 2011
Neeba's version of Susano'o being Druaga's limbs and body behind him was kinda neat, and might have even happened before Sasuke's version ... certainly long before it got animated anyway. A shonen anime ripping off another one's attacks? Certainly not.

The conclusion was a mess that didn't make much sense. Why in the hell did Neeba want to kill Ishtar in the first place? Do the gods really just live in the clouds in this world, and they show their displeasure by shooting photon torpedos? And why in the blue flaming hell is Gilgamesh alive at the end?!? And hanging out with USIA girl at that.

Neeba's also apparently not dead, if that silhouette hanging out w chibi-Succubus is any indication. Goddess knows how that works.

Still, despite its flaws, I kinda liked it, much like the series itself. It did need more parody, and more Koopa. 4/5, and the series gets a 7/10.
Feb 19, 2012 8:21 PM
Nov 2011
The second season wasn't as good as the first. The last episode could have been epic, but really left me feeling meh. It was an okay ending, though.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jul 17, 2012 4:06 AM
May 2010
The show was alright, I'll give the show as a hole a 7/10 personally I didn't like the ending at all.. I really wanted it to end with Jil and Fatina together but even after all that there was not so much as a small kiss scene between Jil and Kaaya.

Disappointed, but over all a nice watch.
Dec 8, 2012 1:40 AM
Feb 2012
i liked this series. it made me feel like i was playing a huge RPG with out the controllers lol. but i feel like the end was a tad bit rushed. Neeba and jil's fight could have lasted longer nad been more dramatic when neeba was explaining he reasonings for hating Jil all his life and why he did the things he did. and whats with the quick sequences at the end. and it didnt explain why Lady Ki and Gilgamesh were watching above the funeral and them being alive wanting to become climbers? and did Neeba really die, and living with the chibi-succubus? Did Jil and Keeya get hitched? hell, did good ole Utu get his request of marriage accepted by Fatina or did they just stay friends that continued to climb with those random guys from this series? and we all know the Melt became advisor for the power and money...oh melt...

But a rushed last two episode was

ugh but all in all a really good watch! i give it oh...an 8/10 combining both seasons together due to the comedic aspects, the characters and relationships, the nice art and fights, and the upgrades to the females in season 2...if you catch my drift. ;)
Dec 30, 2012 2:15 PM

Nov 2011
A satisfying series overall although not too special imo. I lol'd @ that helping part with everyone on the high edge of about to fall down. That battle this episode and action were kinda meh though. Anyways, same score I'll give to season 1, that being 7/10.

Apr 2, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2013
It is a shame there isn't more. The setting is fairly uncommon and the balance between humour and action is well balanced.
Cherish what you know is true
Aug 29, 2013 2:55 AM

Apr 2008
Neeba hated the gods because he hated Fate

He hated Fate because he was given a shit life

Jil was always the loved on in the family, this is first shown in season 1 with the weird dance they needed to do to get thru the door

Jil was personally taught the dance by his father, Neeba had to learn it by watching it from a distance. Neeba had always hated Jil and nothing pissed him off more than everyone telling him that Jil would be the hero. Just like how he was the hero in season 1, while Neeba was worthless in the shadows.

Now the real question is... Wtf man Ishtar is really in the sky? If they let Neeba continue could he have potentially killed Ishtar and destroyed Heaven?

That does make sense, the original Gilgamesh was sent by Ishtar to stop Druaga. Which means that Ishtar did actually fear that Druaga would have succeeded. To make matters worse it means that the Blue Crystal Rods corrupting the people who wield it is a curse by Ishtar. I bet she turned the soldiers and workers who built the tower into the monsters too!
Oct 18, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
i was hoping for Jill and fatina, mostly because Jill preferred her over the princess (the perfect girl in his own head) in his own dream state in the first episode first season.

fatina said he was the kinda guy she goes for with looks in the 2nd episode in the first season.

And the first 2 episodes in the 2nd season, they just felt right for each other....

whereas Kaaya was a ***** just saying. Jill and Fatina had a little more chemistry even when they thought they were groping each other at the wrestling match (plus she has been part of his two tentacle fantasy's between the 2 seasons)
deplorableOct 18, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 3, 2014 11:18 PM
Jan 2014
I loved the series. Season one was great after I watched the last episode on season one I was kinda mad that happened. It was very emotional.

I would love for there to be another season but and see what happened afterwards like a slice of what life is now for them but they could do that in one to two episodes.

I was hoping for a JilxFatina thing to happen instead of a JilxKaaya. I still enjoyed the series quite a bit and give it a 9-10.

Utu: so umm after this wanna get married
Genius. We love u Utu. Great resolve.

That slap tho. Gotta love it
Duke54Jan 3, 2014 11:23 PM
Jan 3, 2014 11:34 PM
Jan 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
Neeba's version of Susano'o being Druaga's limbs and body behind him was kinda neat, and might have even happened before Sasuke's version ... certainly long before it got animated anyway. A shonen anime ripping off another one's attacks? Certainly not.

The conclusion was a mess that didn't make much sense. Why in the hell did Neeba want to kill Ishtar in the first place? Do the gods really just live in the clouds in this world, and they show their displeasure by shooting photon torpedos? And why in the blue flaming hell is Gilgamesh alive at the end?!? And hanging out with USIA girl at that.

Neeba's also apparently not dead, if that silhouette hanging out w chibi-Succubus is any indication. Goddess knows how that works.

Still, despite its flaws, I kinda liked it, much like the series itself. It did need more parody, and more Koopa. 4/5, and the series gets a 7/10.

Ok so first off Gilgamesh is dead like ki. The girl she was hanging out with in the end. Both of their original bodies were destroyed they are in temporary bodies if u remember. Because their souls are still alive. Neeba only wanted to destroy Ishtar because he had a **** life. He was afraid of his brother/ despised his brother Jil who wants to be the hero. So basically he wanted to destroy Ishtar because of Jil. :)
Jan 3, 2014 11:37 PM
Jan 2014
Veretax said:
The second season wasn't as good as the first. The last episode could have been epic, but really left me feeling meh. It was an okay ending, though.

I agree. The ending could have been much better I was kinda disappointed in it but overall a great watch.
Jan 5, 2014 10:34 PM
Sep 2013
Anyone noticed that young narcissistic Gilgamesh is voiced by Tomokazu Seki, who also voiced certain other narcissistic arrogant Gilgamesh from the Fate series. Coincidence?
Jun 10, 2014 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
As expected, the final episode went through things quite quickly and rather typically.

S2 started out a little weak, but ended up being more interesting and varied than Aegis which was mostly a typical quest with a few parody and novel re-jigs. A shame they really dropped the ball on Neeba's motivation, thought process, and goal.

Overall, an entertaining show with some worthwhile moments, although it leans more on the side of a decently done but usual and trope-like fantasy. On the other-hand, the laid-back manner of depiction and varied cast helps give it something to remember, as well as the somewhat interesting variety and depiction of game-esque fantasy magic and tools.

The series and season could have used proper focus, but then again, this way it avoided doing anything utterly offensive. Ultimately, Sword moved away from Aegis quite nicely even if it felt lost at times. Enjoyable and peppered with some creativity.
Jun 16, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
Did I miss something? Why are Neeba, Gil and Kai suddenly alive? Why is succubus in chibi fairy form? I'm so confused ;__;

Welp...Jil x Fatina didn't happen but now that I think about it, I think Utu x Fatina would be better. Utu > Jil. Fatina slapping Kaya was so satisfying.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 16, 2014 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
xchee said:
Did I miss something? Why are Neeba, Gil and Kai suddenly alive? Why is succubus in chibi fairy form? I'm so confused ;__;
I assumed that Neeba and Succubus were in "heaven". Gil and Kai were practically immortal, so let's just presume that they either had godly powers, or they had enough favour with the Gods that they were let back down to earth to muck-around in the tower.

They were seen in spirit/ghost form watching Gil's funeral, after all, so reincarnation isn't too much a biggie.
Jul 15, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
I kinda get the gist of how things turned out..
First of all.. the fight between and Jil and Neeba was good. (well better than all the other fights at least)
And secondly, that bitch slap got me going <banzai!! banzai!!> so yeah awesome XD
The commanders' wedding and visit to Kally's hometown was sweet.
Besides that, the rest was just average.. not what I was hoping for.

They used the first season's OP which I really liked so good job.
Fatina has some love point in the beginning but died out later on.. bummer.
Kaaya well you know.. she's not even there half of the time.
Don't mention about a confession hug or kiss.. I was like uhhhhhh ok fine.
In the end, the romance department was disappointing for me.. but otherwise is fine.
Ultimately I did manage to enjoy it.. just had a little higher expectation.
7/10 for both season..they have their pros and cons.
Jan 10, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2012
meh/10
Feb 1, 2015 2:25 AM
Jun 2009
First season was great!
This one soso, but the last 3 episodes were pretty awful.
I mean Fatina beating one of the 4 knights 1on1? Sure she has to be stronger than she appears since she made it to the end in S1, but still... these are monsters at a crazy level.
The last fights were boring as well, nothing like the end of fake Druaga in S1.
And the tower of babylon... meh

As for the ones that don't get why Jil saved Kayaa in the previous episode, there are 2 options for you:
1- in an rpg saving the healer first is great idea, without him/her everyone will die... Going to Neeba is pointless, Jill cannot heal him and removing the sword may be fatal anyway.
2- he saved his girlfriend.. what else? (I didn't get how he got to her though..)

Every time I rewatch this it's the same, I just love S1 all along (especially the episode with all the stupid curses and the roper dance, it's just amazing!), I enjoy S2 till the last few episodes and then it's all meh.
Mar 22, 2015 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
In comparison to the battle with Gilgamesh, Jil vs Neeba was much more exciting albeit short lived. I really wish they had spared one more episode to this final battle, I enjoyed it but too much was crammed in at the last moment (especially climbing the tower yet again). Ironically the whole "I'll hold them off, you keep going!" is a trope they made fun of in the parody episode from season 1, though I'm not complaining.

With that said though, overall I found this finale to be satisfactory and wrapped things up nicely enough. Coopa must have super human strength from carrying all of those staves. The dynamic between Jil and Neeba was well done and I like how Jil finally called Neeba out on his jealousy. I wish they had spent more time with an epilogue but I get the gist of how things boil down with the credits. Ki poking Gil with the spoon was so...awkward. I was totally not expecting to see a fun side to those two.

It was hard to get into this season initially, but once I finally got into the thick of the adventure it was impossible to stop. This season built onto the world building Aegis had already established and I feel as though the actual journey was a step up this time around. I also like how in contrast to the first season, this one focused on the reality that the climbers faced instead of chasing after embellished dreams of grandeur and a wish granting treasure.

7.5/10, I'm always a sucker for these sorts of settings and it feels good to finally sweep the dust off this entry.
Apr 11, 2015 4:03 PM

Nov 2014
So it's ok to kill Druaga but not Ishtar? I understand they had to stop Neeba after he started destroying towns, but why didn't they even consider that he might be right? If he just died there after being stabbed I think I'd be happier :/
Btw. what was his scene about in epilogue? I thought that succubus or however they called her was only using him, so why is she still with him?

Kaaya... meh.

Spoon scene made me smile after rather disappointing episode ^^

Ending was happy and conclusive - exactly what I like. But overall it was rather average, so 6/10 from me.
Jun 8, 2015 9:21 PM
Jun 2015
In the first season I liked kaaya and hated fatina, but in the 2nd its the other way around how ironic. But I think fatina is better for jil cause she'll do anything to protect him and she doesn't rely on jil in battles.
Jul 11, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2012
Geeze... All these biased, angry peeps...
Well let me just say that I really enjoyed this series, and much more in the 2nd part than in the 1st.
Liked all the characters, some more, some less.
I found the ending satisfying, even though I still had a bunch of questions.
Fatima was my favourite character next to Coopa, and I was a bit sad because Fatima didn't got what she wanted at the end. But considering how lame and annoying Jil is, I'm glad she has a chance to mature trough this expirience and find someone better for her.
And I'm not realy confused by Neeba's actions and his driving force. I noticed that a lot of people coplained about his character. Considering that he was someone who suffered serious psychological traumas since his early childhood, had a heavy case of inferiority complex and wish for vengence that filled him with unbarable hate, it is not so out of picture for him to become a hate blinded pscho fixated on something absurd like rebellion against the gods.
He belived that their goddes is the goddes of benevolence wich protects and helps people, and he listened that everything wich comes to happen is planed by her. As he went trough his hardships and as he saw the cruelty of the world, he felt betrayed by idolised goddes wich didn't interfered with the relations of humans. He just needed someone to blame. He did the same with Giglamesh who he blamed for the hardships of his people. He wasn't fighting the opponents. He was fighting against himself. He was jumping from one fight to another just so that he could lie himself that he isn't running away, that he is going to make a difference. His illusions grew until he became insane.
At the end, he directed his anger towards his little brother because he felt betrayed by the fact that his younger brother whom he always protected came to be on the same level as him and even became better than him. INF complex is much strong. He just wanted to end his existence and make a huge bang in the process. He got what he wanted in the end, and even got something he didn't had strenght to desire. Peacefull ending, with a cute little succubus. Much more than he deserved. And he was the final baws, he deserves a Steam achievement for that lol xD
Well, let that be enough about justifying the acts of FICTIONAL people, all in all, it was a pretty nice ride and I'm glad I picked this one up :D
PS: I realy hope that Ki uses that spoon only for molestation...
0-fu_k-giverJul 11, 2015 10:19 AM
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Jul 14, 2015 9:57 PM
Jul 2015
Hmm... I guess I have to give season 1 an 8/10, season 2 a 7/10, and the final episode a 6/10.

Season one was great in many ways, but most of all it kept you wanting more, almost driving you to watch the next season. Season two however felt rushed, and seemed to lower the enjoyment level for me. I just couldn't stand behind Jil's indecisiveness and ignorance anymore. I was hoping that he'd mature more throughout the second season. But just didn't. Instead he was still so childish and weak. He just wasn't worthy of being a main protagonist in my own opinion. Hell, if it were me in Jil's shoes, I'd have just ran away with Fatina. I liked her character far more than Kaaya's, even in season one.

Next, I'd like to bring up the most infuriating thing for me in any anime I've ever seen: Neeba. Neeba was great, I loved his character all the way up to the last episode. Then it went to hell when he no longer hated the gods, but his younger brother. He was just as childish, weak, and ignorant as Jil... And I was fooled by his charming allure, just as Fatina had been. I don't like being made a fool, Neeba... Therefore, your character scores a 5/10.

Jil receives a 4/10, Fatina a 9/10, Kaaya a 7/10, Utu 10/10 (if only for the marriage proposal. Lol.), Kally a 7/10 (for the short time he was there, I loved him), Koopa gets an 8/10, Pervy Mage guy gets a 5/10 (I can't for the life of me remember his name).

That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading my angry rant.
Nov 26, 2015 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
Worse than the first season. I have never been so disappointed with a high fantasy show in my life. Terrible. 4/10
Mar 2, 2016 4:53 PM
Mar 2014
bjanli said:
the bitch slap was the best hehe

Agreed haha I wish it was Jill and Fatina though
Mar 2, 2016 4:54 PM
Mar 2014
yamakasi said:
Annoyed that it wasn't FatinaxJil at the end, but UtuxFatina would be veryyyyy cool so I'm satisfied. :D (Somewhat.) Utu's a babe, wow.

Overall, was okay. Had its strengths and weaknesses: average (5/10).

jill and fatina yes!!!
Jul 28, 2016 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
And at the end instead of Jil face his father in the final battle (as he dreamed in the first episode of the first season), the opponent was his brother, was really a great fight, I did not think Jil would be able to deliver the final blow

What really bothered me in the plot was that Jil become obsessed with Kaaya the entire second season, I really wanted a final where he stayed with Fatina, there is no doubt that she is the best girl, and after all he already liked her since the first season

The ideal end in my opinion, would be with Jil taking the staff and his desire to be the belt that Fatina wanted in episode 09 of the first season, and handing it to her, so it was a bit disappointing in my opinion see a final where Jil gets Kaaya , which was much lower than Fatina

The anime's plot is very good even, surprised me at various times and at other times it was hilarious, surely will let some impression on me, I think it could have been much better, but it has been good as well, certainly worth watching it ..
Oct 23, 2016 12:24 AM

Mar 2013
Like the vast majority of viewers, I preferred the infinitely superior Fatina over Kaaya. After episode 1 of season 2, i totally was for Fatina, and had high hopes. Still the chances were slim that it would have the right pairing. Most of us knew that the show would bungle things, and that Jil would inexplicably cast aside all reason, and his heavy physical attraction for Fatina to boot (As denoted by fantazing about her on atleast 3 occasions, 2 of them the Roper tentacle play, and the first being episode 1 of season 1 where he wanted to marry Fatina even over the "princess" cough Kaaya cough), all for the useless betrayer who had not an ounce of chemistry with Jil...

I'll give it an 8/10 like season 1. Would have been easily a 9/10 with the proper ship. Fatina is an 11/10. One of my favorite female anime characters, from an otherwise generic anime.
Apr 28, 2017 2:15 PM
Apr 2017
I dont know guys if you saw it too when gilgamesh and ki is still alive. I think it's in the last minute of the episode where kaaya ran away in the castle to meet up with jil. You can see the old gilgamesh and adult ki.
Sep 16, 2018 1:42 PM

Oct 2017
that was rushed as hell. I can't even say what happened to Jil after the fight
Mar 23, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2019
I didn't realize until I went to the comments about this episode that at the end, Fatina and Utu go to visit Kally's village. I don't know if those two did get married because the ending wasn't specific about that, but I loved how Gil and Kai get reincarnated and Succubus becomes Neeba's own little Kai, poking him in the butt with spoons. Of course, the adventure continues... because they're Climbers!
Aug 18, 2019 5:35 PM
Jun 2014
Some years ago, a friend of mine showed me the first episode of the first season, which I really liked for its dankness. Recently, I watched that first episode again, and decided to watch the whole series while I'm at it.
So here I am, gone from medieval fantasy with comedy to futuristic battles and betrayals. The journey was quite enjoyable !

I really liked how this anime evolves in a general sense : the characters change, the technology changes (just compare season 1 and the first episodes of season 2), heck, even the tower and city changes. Some characters are actually quite interesting and don't follow the usual "I'm a good guy and I fight for justice" recipe (which Jil parodies quite well).

I particularly liked Neeba, who was just unhappy with his fate and decided to handle it by destroying the freaking gods. No more gods, no more shitty fates decided by them. A world ruled by humans alone.

Sadly, he decided to transform into evil Druaga-copypasta to trigger his brother and get his ass kicked by his random power-ups ("I feel light", my ass).

When you think about it, Ishtar's priests are just god's spies sabotaging anything that would activate the tower, be it a giant insectoid or a man with an inferiority complex. I like how the "loving goddess" has enough artillery to possibly wipe out entire cities. The tower was built to rebel against this, but people don't use it because that would be the "evil" thing to do... Is it really bad to claim your freedom ?

Overall a pretty good anime, excellent first episode, pretty bad last episodes.
Nov 26, 2020 10:24 AM
Jan 2015
Re watching for memeory and nostalgia :D .

Aug 28, 2021 2:21 AM

Jul 2007
hmm Yeah I think Masanobu Endō the creator of Tower of Druaga said it pretty plainly about how he loved the first season. It was interesting and intriguing and he liked how he can see many of the rpg elements and mechanics from the games world, represented in the anime and the parodies to the arcade video game such as the monsters, the traps, the specific puzzles you have to solve to make it up the floors, the rules that dictate the tower. All in all i was quite invested in it especially after playing the game.

They also set up the first season by introducing quite a few mysteries but ultimatly it falled flat behind the direction of Gonzo after they took free reign with Season 2 and that abysmal ending.

I would say 5/10 for this season but probably 7/10 for season 1.

Apr 3, 2023 6:12 AM
Dec 2014
The first season was a very entertaining show with some left field ideas in terms of tone, direction and humor. It's like it's in some middle point between traditional fantasy and modern isekai. It wasn't consistent at all, but at the same time it played in its favor because you didn't know what was gonna happen in the next episode. Just like in the original game where the rules of each floor and its secrets were completely wild. 

The second season is the more interesting in terms of characters, scope and importance, but it was way too ambitious in terms of scale to properly fit everything in 12 episodes. Specially in the later episodes: some scenes abruptly begin or end,; they start to abuse the fade-ins and fade-outs; there are a lot of half-cooked scenes; some story beats feel disjointed... And after a long escalation, the ending just kinda happens and you kinda just feel deflated, it didn't feel like a victorious ending. It still delivered some very interesting ideas but, you can smell the budget cuts from a mile away, and it's a shame.

But even with all of that, I still have some warm feelings towards the series. 
Oct 31, 2023 5:02 PM

Dec 2018
Fatina had a lot more development with jil in my opinion and utu kind of felt like it came out of nowhere, but i'm not peeved about it. However, the ending was a real slap in the face for viewers as a lot was rushed, not answered, and the super fast montage at the end while a bad ska song is playing felt really cheap and almost insulting. barely scratching 5/10 thanks to that last episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 6 Discussion

Jacut - Feb 12, 2009

26 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 17, 2021 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 10 Discussion

mitamaking - Mar 12, 2009

24 by selby1122 »»
Mar 22, 2019 8:22 PM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jacut - Jan 22, 2009

55 by tokidoki921 »»
Feb 1, 2019 4:42 PM

» Fatina vs. Kaaya ( 1 2 )

mugwump - Jan 13, 2009

87 by TruthfulKid »»
Nov 19, 2018 5:05 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mitamaking - Mar 19, 2009

57 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 12, 2018 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.