Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2009 12:50 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh cliffhanger.

Gilgamesh was defeated by Uran, Jil, and Kaaya because no one else can fight. Then Neeba in all his greatness is provoked by Succubus to become a new Druaga.

One more episode, I wonder why Crunchy Roll has 13 episodes listed. Jil won thanks to "everyone" helping him. Only one more episode, hope it is good.
My anime list
Mar 19, 2009 4:15 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't thought that final boss will be Neeba.
Mar 19, 2009 6:03 PM

Sep 2007
GONZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Mar 19, 2009 6:23 PM

May 2008
As soon as Henaro picked up the rod I had a feeling she was going to get killed... sure didn't see Neeba being the last enemy though.

Sure was handy that everyone fell and landed in water rather than the rock and everything else though.
Mar 19, 2009 8:14 PM

Jun 2007
9th-eden said:
As soon as Henaro picked up the rod I had a feeling she was going to get killed... sure didn't see Neeba being the last enemy though.

Sure was handy that everyone fell and landed in water rather than the rock and everything else though.

haha ya I was thinking that throughout the whole episode. Everyone seemed to make it out safe no matter what happened to them. It also happened real fast :/.
Mar 19, 2009 8:30 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, this is a WTF week of anime.
Gonzo really blew their load on the budget really early. This episode had the most lackluster animation of all. Crazy fog everywhere, the cgi for no reason except for cheapness of labor, and the fact that even though this built up encounter was forced into one episode where the camera was everywhere but the action.

And how on earth is Neeba still alive? That was all his blood on the floor? And what's this about the ability to kill Gods? I hope that they don't try to eek out another series.
Mar 19, 2009 8:37 PM

Jan 2009
With the way this second season has been going I knew early on that the ending wouldn't be very good and with a rushed ending. They didn't disappoint, Jil and Kaaya's reunion was terrible, Henaro changes sides again.. Ki... ya. and the list goes on. it's too bad cause I used to really like this show.
Mar 19, 2009 8:46 PM

Apr 2008
Oh, cliffhanger. ;_;

Only one more episode to go, right? Wonder how Jil and the gang are possibly going to defeat Druaga!Neeba and his giant cannon of doom. =/ ...I think, either this'll be an incredibly rushed and horrible ending, or there'll end up being yet another season. >_>

...Tower of Druaga - The Huge-Ass Cannon of Uruk! Coming 2010! =/
Mar 19, 2009 9:03 PM

Aug 2007
Precis said:

I would simply die laughing if that was the title.

At least it's redeemed itself by having a possible non-Fatina x Neeba ending.... still think Kayaa should just go and die somewhere....

Jil and Fatina ftw
Mar 19, 2009 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
i can only say one thing

Neeba is F**king insane!

also not many people can say they have a giant god killing tower/canon
Mar 19, 2009 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
Heh, if your a side character and a main antagonist decides to get up from a fatal wound don't be the first person to pick up the stick of ultimate power... words to live by

9th-eden said:

Well, considering this isn't the first time they have been thrown off the top of a tower, I'm sure they knew how to aim for the soft spots...
Mar 20, 2009 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
What the ... Neeba goes bad ass ... lol so peaceful end for Gil wasn't the way to end it, but I guess this had to be coming, go Jil final ultimate battle =D
Mar 20, 2009 9:52 AM

Oct 2008
Altough it was indeed rushed, I still loved the episode, and it was the best one for me in the entire series. It was typical good one defeats the bad one, but the way they did it was wery good and satisfying. All that is left is no cliche pairing, or at least cliche but done similar way that in this episode. Hope they will not do the same sh*t as in another today's show, which I would not speak about....
Mar 20, 2009 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
it was one hell of episode
Mar 20, 2009 10:47 AM

Apr 2008
Precis said:
..Only one more episode to go, right? Wonder how Jil and the gang are possibly going to defeat Druaga!Neeba and his giant cannon of doom. =/ ...I think, either this'll be an incredibly rushed and horrible ending, or there'll end up being yet another season. >_>

ROFL XD

Gilgamesh.. 'It's pretty fun to be the bad guy' :P Really took a team effort, but that's finally it for him, shame since I liked him!

The VAs during Kaaya and Gil's reunion did a nice job, even if it was a little clique. But I wasn't expecting Uragon to be the one giving the 'finishing blow', or Druaga/Neeba as the final opponent (since I thought he was pretty much finished) :S
Mar 20, 2009 11:18 AM

Jan 2008
Coming in S3, King Jill and his fight with angered Gods...or something like this.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Mar 20, 2009 4:16 PM

Sep 2008
Henaro was killed so ramdonly ._.'

YAY to Uran [I liked him, if it just have more development x.x] and YAY to Kelb with his "Kelb, child of Gatolb, will now offer His Majesty salvation!"

Really rushed ep, but I have hope for the last one x_x
Mar 20, 2009 10:57 PM

May 2008
noteDhero said:
Gonzo really blew their load on the budget really early. This episode had the most lackluster animation of all. Crazy fog everywhere, the cgi for no reason except for cheapness of labor, and the fact that even though this built up encounter was forced into one episode where the camera was everywhere but the action.

I agree. There were alot of problems with this episode. Ummm.. in the middle of a fight with Gil, Jil somehow climbs up(it was really random since kaaya was nowhere near anything that could reach her) and saves Kaaya. btw ignores his brother who "was" dieing on the floor. While Kaaya was not in any immediate danger. There were a few other things that made me kinda dislike this episode but i wont rant about it..

O ya. Poor henaro. That was a really random way to die. For some reason after this ep I like Neeba a little more. He's actually strong, unlike Jil over there.....
Mar 21, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
Gilgamesh is a G. It was interesting to know that Ki and Gil were in love with each other back when Gil was a crybaby. The ep was rushed and the animation was terrible, but it was still pretty good. Am I the only one that remembers the animation being better in season 1?
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 21, 2009 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
awsome episode
Mar 21, 2009 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
It was pretty inevitable they were going to have some sort of Jil vs Neeba. Neeba is just too much of a dick for that not to happen.

Not to mention the last season ended on a super cliffhanger, so I wouldn't doubt this one does as well.
Mar 21, 2009 1:07 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, great work Gonzo... huh, no wait. Honestly one of the weakest episodes of the second season and a very lame climax with Gilgamesh. The battles were horrible with the cheap animation and very low-level plot strings (Henaro getting the ord then killed, Neeba dead but coming back from the dead two minutes later to take the role of main antagonist, Jil reconciling with Kaaya as if nothing happened...), not counting that every action that Jil and co took in this episode simply defied the laws of physics. I don't understand how the direction could fall so low too. Oh no, I understand: lack of "- Huh, we don't have budget anymore and the episode is supposed to be airing in three hours, and there are ten scenes left, including super climactic epic battle between Gilgamesh and Jil. What do we do? - Hmmm let's see, we do three or four fixed scenes with pans on secondary characters, two or three uver-cool CGI effects, and no one will see that. Oh and nevermind it's a fantasy show for teenagers, they'll just have what they deserve anyway. - Ok, let's do it!" I don't know what to expect now for the last episode, this one was such a letdown after a good development since the fourth or fifth episode...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, Jacut...I think this is the first time I've heard you rant like this.

So this is what it takes?
*writes note*
Mar 21, 2009 5:48 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:

And how on earth is Neeba still alive? That was all his blood on the floor? And what's this about the ability to kill Gods? I hope that they don't try to eek out another series.

I've been telling myself that the reason Neeba didn't die was because of his contract with the Succubus or something, because it was utter BS that he was able to live that long with a sword through his heart.
Mar 21, 2009 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
Kantarou said:
noteDhero said:

I've been telling myself that the reason Neeba didn't die was because of his contract with the Succubus or something, because it was utter BS that he was able to live that long with a sword through his heart.

You die when an arrow hits you but a sword that cuts through you will not kill you.
Mar 21, 2009 9:46 PM
Apr 2008
neeba phails epically .
kaaya phails epically

Gil was awesome this episode i liked his kickass-ness and jil was awesome anyone else luagh at gils "gil vs jil" bit :P

kaaya x jil ergh i cant accept it its crap and forever will spoil this series .

good episode overall i guess alot to complain about but thats GONZO dont watch GONZO anime if you think its gunna be perfect you just have to accept it for what it is .
but fatina needs some jil lovin seriously kaaya is just ....sakura ...
Mar 22, 2009 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
Don't like the king is dead, manic by the doll, I don't remember the name of useless. But I was happy to see Neeba killing Henaro. Come the end.
HoolMar 22, 2009 2:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2009 1:11 AM

Oct 2007
Jacut said:
Wow, great work Gonzo... huh, no wait. Honestly one of the weakest episodes of the second season and a very lame climax with Gilgamesh. The battles were horrible with the cheap animation and very low-level plot strings (Henaro getting the ord then killed, Neeba dead but coming back from the dead two minutes later to take the role of main antagonist, Jil reconciling with Kaaya as if nothing happened...), not counting that every action that Jil and co took in this episode simply defied the laws of physics. I don't understand how the direction could fall so low too. Oh no, I understand: lack of "- Huh, we don't have budget anymore and the episode is supposed to be airing in three hours, and there are ten scenes left, including super climactic epic battle between Gilgamesh and Jil. What do we do? - Hmmm let's see, we do three or four fixed scenes with pans on secondary characters, two or three uver-cool CGI effects, and no one will see that. Oh and nevermind it's a fantasy show for teenagers, they'll just have what they deserve anyway. - Ok, let's do it!"

So how can we overcome this? I get the idea "Insert a new coin and let them climb the third floor"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 22, 2009 3:02 AM

Dec 2008
No...please...not a 3rd season, PLEASE END.

~Abs
Mar 22, 2009 3:42 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode. Nice ones from Neeba and Henaro. This show got awesome plot twists... One ep to go
Mar 22, 2009 11:14 AM

Oct 2007
I would hate it if they set up for a third season but this episode is just like what Jacut said.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 22, 2009 2:04 PM
Oct 2007
is the total art budget for this show like 20$? its bugging the hell out of me
Mar 22, 2009 4:19 PM

Nov 2007
just one comment really .... how is Neeba not dead? seriously? i saw the uragon part coming along with Neeba being the end boss, was expecting that chick from Neeba's past to do something though. everyone else besides kaaya and uragon were kinda worthless.
Mar 22, 2009 4:31 PM
Mar 2009
tbh its like a cycle... how gil and ki went to kill 1st druaga now jil and kaay will go kill this one...

even the chars look alike... gil - jil ... ki - kaay i mean its a repeated story...

i think we will go for 3rd cycle.. if they dont stop it here... cause of money sortage.

BTW i love kaay so kaayXJil ftw... fatina is for fun...
Mar 22, 2009 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
this episode got the most face palms of the week award. i feel like flying to gonzo headquarters and smacking them all.
Mar 23, 2009 4:25 PM

Feb 2009
I hope for third seazon.
Anime is realy good... for GONZO.
And you dont see many fantasy rpg anime today.
I Will Fear No Evil
Mar 24, 2009 10:08 PM
Mar 2008
Neeba the jizzbag will be the last boss, whodathunkit. He made me lol at how retarded Henaro dies. Sucks that the animation went to shit on one of the big battles, though the episode all together was cool.
Mar 25, 2009 10:26 AM
Feb 2009
Seriously? This episode was ridiculously lackluster. Too much incredibly stupid events happening...and the animation, ugh, its like giving Helen Keller a copy of MS Paint.

Predictable series is predictable, just like the first season. I guess it was wrong of me to have more hope in this series just because the first one had such a surprising ending.
Mar 25, 2009 7:08 PM

May 2008
Jacut said:
Wow, great work Gonzo... huh, no wait. Honestly one of the weakest episodes of the second season and a very lame climax with Gilgamesh. The battles were horrible with the cheap animation and very low-level plot strings (Henaro getting the ord then killed, Neeba dead but coming back from the dead two minutes later to take the role of main antagonist, Jil reconciling with Kaaya as if nothing happened...), not counting that every action that Jil and co took in this episode simply defied the laws of physics. I don't understand how the direction could fall so low too. Oh no, I understand: lack of "- Huh, we don't have budget anymore and the episode is supposed to be airing in three hours, and there are ten scenes left, including super climactic epic battle between Gilgamesh and Jil. What do we do? - Hmmm let's see, we do three or four fixed scenes with pans on secondary characters, two or three uver-cool CGI effects, and no one will see that. Oh and nevermind it's a fantasy show for teenagers, they'll just have what they deserve anyway. - Ok, let's do it!" I don't know what to expect now for the last episode, this one was such a letdown after a good development since the fourth or fifth episode...

completely agree. I was expecting alot from Gonzo this season cause the first few eps were pretty good (animation and everything). And like Selpher said, season one had a really good ending. But I guess like all of Gonzo's productions they fuck up everything they do.
Apr 14, 2009 4:29 AM

Feb 2007
Bugger, Gonzo blew it. AGAIN. Nuff said, Jacut and noteDhero said it all.
Apr 23, 2009 12:29 PM

Jul 2008
yeah the animations and all was a bit... but still imo the story is still ok. didnt imagine neeba to be the final boss.

May 9, 2009 7:25 PM

Oct 2008
Neeba..

Final episode..

Jul 24, 2009 7:18 PM
Feb 2008
noteDhero said:

This. Exactly this. Though I wouldn't mind another series....
Sep 12, 2009 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
Looks like the final boss would be Neeba. I'm dissapointed about the fight between Gilgamesh and the others. I found it cheesy and full of crap.

Druaga is a nuclear bomb, lololol. Looks like Gonzo wants the viewers to see what happened to Japan during the WW2. XD
Sep 15, 2009 12:44 AM

Aug 2008
GrimWizard said:
Heh, if your a side character and a main antagonist decides to get up from a fatal wound don't be the first person to pick up the stick of ultimate power... words to live by

9th-eden said:

Well, considering this isn't the first time they have been thrown off the top of a tower, I'm sure they knew how to aim for the soft spots...

Omg I "LoL" when you said that.

Well I kind of felt bad for the shadow Gil. He wasn't all that bad...a little crazzy. But who wouldn't be after a 100 years? One heck of a episode! Summed it all up pretty well...but one thing...

WTF Uran SAVES THE DAY??? You serious?

freakman012 said:

I agree. There were alot of problems with this episode. Ummm.. in the middle of a fight with Gil, Jil somehow climbs up(it was really random since kaaya was nowhere near anything that could reach her) and saves Kaaya. btw ignores his brother who "was" dieing on the floor. While Kaaya was not in any immediate danger. There were a few other things that made me kinda dislike this episode but i wont rant about it..

O ya. Poor henaro. That was a really random way to die. For some reason after this ep I like Neeba a little more. He's actually strong, unlike Jil over there.....

Heh...I was wondering as well how he climbed up there. I was freaking laughing to myself "wtf, lol, he just passed up his bleeding near death brother? To save a girl that has no physical wounds? GOOD JOB, lol. Thought both of those things were weird.

Henaro did die in a random way. That was out of no where. Though your right...Neeba is no totally passionless for killing Henaro. But he was...kind of kool. Like evil Gil. I sort of understand where they are both coming from. Even if both are a bit crazy.

You know, in one way I liked this episode, things are finally clear and almost wrapped up. But then again...as others pointed out. Short battle, Uran saves the day. Near dead brother not cared for by little brother comes back from the dead. Kaaya who is in no danger, is somehow rescued by Jil even though she's almost in mid-air. Kaaya and Jil's forgiveness was pretty short & easy. Jil...dude...C'mon. I like you...but you gotta get some resolve, or something. Be mad when people betray you. And get a bit stronger.

As someone else pointed out...Neeba had that sword in his heart for quite a long time. Everyone else in this show dies in under 30 seconds with fatal heart wounds, lol.

Lots of holes in this one I guess....but I still like it.

I'll love it more if Neeba and Kaaya both die :).

noteDhero said:

You die when an arrow hits you but a sword that cuts through you will not kill you.

Oh well. Maybe will get a season 3, and it will be like both of the OP's, some kind of slice of life. That would be kool. Especially since in the 2nd OP it's Fatina x Jil =).
Nov 24, 2009 11:24 PM

Nov 2008
Phew!!! Lots of rants. Ranting is the way of the otaku... LOL

Gilgamesh had all the best dialogues. And Neeba, becoming the next Druaga???? That was surprising!
Jul 26, 2010 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
Let that one girl see the deep love too!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2010 7:51 PM
Jul 2009
Could that have been any more cheesy?
May 3, 2011 9:22 PM

Feb 2011
Neebakaa!
Jul 8, 2011 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't see Neeba's final betrayal coming ...

Seems like they spent the entirety of the animation budget on the CGI at the end, the battle with Evil Gilgamesh was pretty terribly drawn, with only a few cool moments from Jil and his whip-sword. Weird that Uragon of all people saved the day, even with Jil kill-stealing. I figured episode 12 would be a relaxing epilogue, instead of seeing the Towers come together, the party get thrown off the top and Neeba suddenly decide he wants to kill gods. What gods, exactly? Ishtar? Or is he just wanting to destroy the world in general?

Final episode coming up ...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitamaking - Mar 26, 2009

116 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 6 Discussion

Jacut - Feb 12, 2009

26 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 17, 2021 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 10 Discussion

mitamaking - Mar 12, 2009

24 by selby1122 »»
Mar 22, 2019 8:22 PM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jacut - Jan 22, 2009

55 by tokidoki921 »»
Feb 1, 2019 4:42 PM

» Fatina vs. Kaaya ( 1 2 )

mugwump - Jan 13, 2009

87 by TruthfulKid »»
Nov 19, 2018 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.