Forum Settings
Forums

'Akame ga Kill!' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 21, 2014 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
Frostav said:

Cupquake said:

I feel the same about this show. The author has an annoying habit of introducing characters but then killing them off pretty soon after. Plus the back stories are kind of laughable.

No shit, that's the kind of manga AGK is. The entire point is that anyone can die at any time, unlike so many other shounen.

But it does it in a bad way. Game of Thrones kills off a lot of it's important characters, but gives those characters lots of pages before he does. You know something about the characters; you care about then.
With Agk it's like "Oh hey that dude died. Uh...who was he/she again? Um..I think we had this short backstory about how shitty his/her life was. Is that it? Yeah he died like right after."

MushmallowJan 21, 2014 3:33 PM
Jan 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Apr 2009
Cupquake said:

But it does it in a bad way. Game of Thrones kills off a lot of it's important characters, but gives those characters lots of pages before he does. You know something about the characters; you care about then.
With Agk it's like "Oh hey that dude died. Uh...who was he/she again? Um..I think we had this short backstory about how shitty his/her life was. Is that it? Yeah he died like right after."

It also helps that GRRM can actually write and has character with real ambiguity.
However, I agree that the formula in AgK is very stale:
NidhoeggrJan 21, 2014 3:30 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 21, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 2013
Frostav said:
fueille said:
Oh lord, why has thou forsaken me?
I swear, why do all the cliche and boring ass shounen manga get adaptions? This is getting outrageous, it really is.

Thank you for proving that you haven't read past the first chapter of this manga.

Please go and actually read it before spouting off nonsensical bullshit.

Did you even think to look to see if I had read it before spouting your own nonsensical bullshit?
Jesus christ, just because a series kills off characters like Urobuchi Gen on a bad day, it doesn't make it any better. In fact for Akame ga Kill, it's trying too hard to be realistic by using this, which doesn't go well at all with the PLOT armor a select few of the cast has (e.g. MC, Akame, Edese, Tsundere Sniper Girl, ect), so you dear sir, can kindly step the fuck off my case with your bullshit reasoning.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Jan 21, 2014 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
Please continue to circlejerk about how AGK sucks, we really need it in the thread.
Jan 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
Indeed, we need more drama on this thread, go all out guys!

Go, Elite members of MAL, prove to us how little logic you possess, go, oh almighty fans, prove yourselves to be even lower than them by really obvious and obnoxious reasons!

When will that day when people understand really basic stuff like, art is subjective, manga/LN/etc get animated because they're popular thus money and that nobody gives a fuck about how much you love a show?

Anyway, I'm okay with this, I'd love more chapters of this shit though, and I want to see:

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 21, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2009
Immahnoob said:

I'd even be glad if the Empire actually got a real name by now instead of just.. you know... "The Empire". I mean, it is supposed to last 1000 years and we have some cool Nazi uniforms and corrupt nobels. Can't he come up with a bad German name?
NidhoeggrJan 21, 2014 3:49 PM
Jan 21, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
Who cares of petty things like names, the MC could even be called Felch for what I care (or blumpkin), I just want sudden twists that can fit in almost any story but nobody implements them because of angry fans.

EDIT: But truly, Blumpkin is a nice name.
ImmahnoobJan 21, 2014 3:52 PM

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
I would like to say that I don't hate agk, I just think it's inferior to a series like Naruto or One Piece.

And everyone in Night Raid should realize that everything is not going to be fixed after they win the revolution, most likely some other dick is going to seize power and they'll be right back where they started
Jan 21, 2014 3:53 PM

Aug 2012
This is going to be amaaaaazing!!!!!!! ESDESE! Can't wait to see this.

Jan 21, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
Cupquake said:
I just think it's inferior to a series like Naruto or One Piece.

I almost when into Elitist mode.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
Immahnoob said:
Cupquake said:

Come at me
Jan 21, 2014 4:05 PM

Apr 2012
Cupquake said:
Immahnoob said:
Cupquake said:

Come at me

I truly have no idea why, but since you changed your avatar (and that was a long time ago), your responses always made me laugh, knowing the character in the avatar.

Anyway, no way. I'm not Nidhoeggr.

It's kind of sad that I'm sure this will get like 12 episodes though with lots of censors. I mean, I'd love to see the side stories in an OVA or something, that would be fucking swell, but who in the right mind would even show that shit on TV?

Let's hope for the best though, HOPE DIES LAST BUT HOPE IS ALSO THE FIRST STEP TO DISAPPOINTMENT.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Immahnoob said:

I truly have no idea why, but since you changed your avatar (and that was a long time ago), your responses always made me laugh, knowing the character in the avatar.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else, this has always been my avatar. From like day 1.

As for the anime, I'm sure it'll be pretty decent and enjoyable to watch. If they censor it I'm going to cry.
Jan 21, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Cupquake said:
Immahnoob said:

I think you're mistaking me for someone else, this has always been my avatar. From like day 1.

As for the anime, I'm sure it'll be pretty decent and enjoyable to watch. If they censor it I'm going to cry.

Dude, I don't mistake people for other people, I don't remember your first name, but I know you had a different avatar, if you didn't, then I simply found your responses always funny, now enough off topic.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2013
When I picked this one I kinda bored at first but I decided to go on and I never regret it because now it's one of my favorite manga. (Y)

Can't wait for the Night Raid and Jaeger.
Jan 21, 2014 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
No, but just because something utilizes a few tropes a bit differently doesn't mean it is automatically 10/10 OMG SO HYPE BEST SHOW 2014 either.
Can't you just stop the dumb hype train for one second? For at least one show? Pretty please with sugar on top?

did you like come here just to bash on people that supports this becoming an anime or what.

Its hilarious how you sound so philosophical over just a manga
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 21, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
Leaked by author on his twitter that White Fox is animating it. It's been deleted since but it said this:

アニメの制作を引き受けて下さったWHITE FOX様。配給して下さる東映様に多大なる感謝を。そしてJOKERのコメントでも書きましたが、今まで応援して下さった皆様のおかげです!本当にありがとうございます!m(--)m

Not a bad choice, could be a lot worse. Steins Gate looked pretty but had ugly action sequences. Maou-sama was decent animation-wise (I think) and I haven't seen Jormungand or Katanagatari yet, so I have my faith in them

EDIT: Source
Jan 21, 2014 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
White Fox baby. I'm kinda happy with that.
Jan 21, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2011
Based White Fox. This is their first shounen so I appreciate them taking a risk/trying something new.

Official site is up http://akame.tv/
VioLinkJan 21, 2014 11:19 PM
[center]
Jan 21, 2014 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
The only outstanding thing about White Fox that i know is their ability to deliver mundane dialogues into something interesting and involving through wit and subtance (The dialogue heavy Steins Gate, Jormungand, and Maou-sama are three such examples), and since some people told me that this manga is apparently way more action than talk, now i'm really curious how they're going to handle it
Jan 21, 2014 11:59 PM

May 2013
So freaking awesome! Love the manga. Can't wait to see this animated.
Jan 22, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
White Fox huh? They're on a rise recently since all of their adaptations were pretty good and based on a few shows that I've seen, they have a pretty diverse style so I'm curious to see how this one goes. It would be stellar if they would give a big budget for the animation and art.

I'm quite satisfied right now so will be looking forward for more news. :)
EasyGo-erJan 22, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 22, 2014 5:47 AM

Sep 2011
This will be another great news for 2014.
Jan 22, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2012
Woohoo!! I really loved the manga. Although there was a part i hated and made me rage but still. Yay
Jan 22, 2014 7:14 AM

Jun 2012
I can't wait for this...
Jan 22, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2008
When I saw the title, I mistook it first for KILL LA KILL! lol
Anyway, I look forward watching this.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 22, 2014 8:51 AM

Jun 2012
The synopsis seems pretty simple but interesting. Sounds like something I'd definitely like to try! The reviews on the manga seem good, too. Will certainly give it a try if I have the time. c:
Jan 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2013
Woot wooot!

Death Flag the anime!
Jan 22, 2014 1:48 PM
Dec 2012
HONTONI SUGOOOI when i read the manga the first thing that came to my head was "i hope to see this manga's anime" and now when they annonwe that i reallly want to fly its the first and the best new i heard in 2014 until now i hope that the withe fox studio don't ruin it i really hope
Jan 22, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
I'm praying that this gets popular enough to spawn some doujins. Fujos, just one TatsumixRabac doujin for this fudanshi. Just one, please.

Some people think that this might become the next Attack on Titan if they play their cards right. While that means hordes of casual scum will come in and fuck the fandom up, it also means we'll be seeing lots of fanart...I can't be the only one who thinks Tatsumi and Rabac are cute together dammit.

EDIT: Holy shit my new avatar finally showed up...but now I wanna change it to one of Nyau. Dammit.
FrostavJan 22, 2014 5:56 PM
Jan 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2012
Frostav said:
I'm praying that this gets popular enough to spawn some doujins. Fujos, just one TatsumixRabac doujin for this fudanshi. Just one, please.

Some people think that this might become the next Attack on Titan if they play their cards right. While that means hordes of casual scum will come in and fuck the fandom up, it also means we'll be seeing lots of fanart...I can't be the only one who thinks Tatsumi and Rabac are cute together dammit.

EDIT: Holy shit my new avatar finally showed up...but now I wanna change it to one of Nyau. Dammit.

Imo it would be BETTER than SnK. But that's probably because I've obsessed over Akame ga Kill WAY MORE than SnK. AgK's art is more of my style too. I really hope that White Fox will work their magic and make this into the anime of 2014. I have high hopes. I don't wanna see my favorite manga's anime adaption flop :P

Jan 22, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
Looking forward to it. Except that girl who was crazy about "justice". Wonder if she will be comparatively annoying animated.
Jan 23, 2014 4:19 AM

Jul 2013
So White Fox is animating this? I didn't see that coming, but still would watch. Judging from the battle scenes in Maou-Sama, they deliver some good sakuga.
Jan 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Feb 2012
I hope they don't skimp on the gory details in the name of censorship and such. I hope they will have enough episodes to cover all the material we've seen so far in the manga; really really looking forward to this.
Jan 23, 2014 3:41 PM
Aug 2012
This is great news. I get to see Esdese animated! Yay. I should probably get caught up with the manga now.
Jan 24, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2012
HYPED UP. I want to see Esdese in animation :D
Jan 25, 2014 3:03 AM

Sep 2013
-StarFire said:
Looking forward to it. Except that girl who was crazy about "justice". Wonder if she will be comparatively annoying animated.
yeah she's a bitch....
Jan 25, 2014 3:40 AM

Nov 2009
The manga when I read it was unbelievably bland and forgettable. The majority of the characters fell into cliches and stereotypes. How is it possible that this 9 volume adds nothing new negligible manga gets an adaptation when Clover (TETSUHIRO HIRAKAWA), a 34 volume dramatical, emotional and action work of art doesn't even make news on here.
Jan 25, 2014 5:48 AM

Apr 2009
Daimyo said:
The manga when I read it was unbelievably bland and forgettable. The majority of the characters fell into cliches and stereotypes. How is it possible that this 9 volume adds nothing new negligible manga gets an adaptation when Clover (TETSUHIRO HIRAKAWA), a 34 volume dramatical, emotional and action work of art doesn't even make news on here.

If only taste quality would reign supreme in the industry...
Jan 25, 2014 7:23 AM

Sep 2013
Very interested in seeing this. Manga seems like my type
Jan 25, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2009
I can already foresee that this will be weeaboos' and self proclaimed otakus' favorite anime of the season.
Jan 25, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
So far, I love the manga series. I can't wait for the PV, let alone the anime series. The character I'm looking forward seeing is Kurome ^^
Jan 25, 2014 11:57 PM

Dec 2012
Daimyo said:

Because anime production companies don't choose manga to adapt based on your subjective perception of quality.

Nidhoeggr said:
fueille said:
I swear, why do all the cliche and boring ass shounen manga get adaptions? This is getting outrageous, it really is.

It's a shame, really. Why is this getting animated and not Hoshi No Samidare, for example? If they want to animate manga with a lot of fighting that might as well take the good ones.

Because hoshi no samidare is not that good and the more obvious reason being that it's a finished manga.
Jan 26, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
Cool !!! :)
Jan 26, 2014 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
Esdese being animated is awesome as I really don't like any of the other characters at the point I'm at in the manga.
Bring back down votes on reviews
Jan 26, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
nitrohawk said:
Esdese being animated is awesome as I really don't like any of the other characters at the point I'm at in the manga.

I hope they don't censor torture scenes. That would be disappointing.

Anyone else think Tatsumi looks like Edward Elric?
Jan 26, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
He looks like Towa no Quon's Insania so i tho it would get picked up Bones which would be amazing but its gonna be White fox which is not bad but not as great as Bones.

Its a cool manga, pretty exciting in my opinion, i see no reason to bitch about it
Jan 28, 2014 8:34 AM

Oct 2012
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN
Jan 28, 2014 9:24 AM
Mar 2012
fueille said:

You're free to your own opinion but Akame Ga Kiru! is far from the cliche shounen.
Jan 28, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
Zeth44 said:
fueille said:

You're free to your own opinion but Akame Ga Kiru! is far from the cliche shounen.

it is.
Deadman Wonderland, etc. have all doen this before. Hell, Go Nagai himself did this back then.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
37 minutes ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces Supporting Cast Pair

Nioxys - 1 hour ago

0 by Nioxys »»
1 hour ago

» '#Compass 2.0: Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.