Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another pretty nice movie recap from the Kabuki Chou Shitennou Hen arc! Enjoyed this one more than the first arc that was put in a movie as this had a more proper story to it and development of that story so that sure was a plus! All by all these two recap movies were pretty lovely!
Feb 26, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2011
definitely my 2nd favorite part of the series right behind the ikkou kissei arc, still just as touching, and epic as it was the first time around.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 17, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this one so much more than the first one. The problem mainly with the first one was that I kind of remember that arc perfectly so I was not that interested in it.
I liked this one a lot more even though just like the first one I remember it really well it has been a while so I always wanted to re-watch that arc, with this movie I did not have to do so. And it was a lot of fun ^_^.
Mar 22, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
still emotional
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2014 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
Both movies were great! Can't count how many times I've rewatched both of these arcs, nice to have them in movie form now.
Jul 18, 2015 1:01 PM

Mar 2015
Still as emotional and great as in the tv series,but at times it felt dragged out.
The best moments were really strong though and do I even need to say how amazing 'Samurai Heart' is?It fits the ending scene so well.
My faourite animated arc so far,cool to have it as a movie.
Nov 18, 2015 5:07 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Art was pretty much the same as the anime. One of the best Gintama arcs including some kick ass fights!

5/5
Jan 5, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
It was nice to rewatch the arc in episode 1, but this arc was really one of the worst arcs of the series. Boring as hell. Gintama is really bad at serious arcs. At least the other episode had more comedy in it.
Jun 2, 2016 6:22 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Yea it's kind of hard to take some Gintama arcs seriously since it's heavily a comedic anime and most of the characters that supposedly die don't actually die.

Anyways, this is my favorite arc of the two.
Jul 5, 2017 2:59 PM

Jun 2015
i've always liked this arc. It's nice to watch it again.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 24, 2020 11:20 AM

Jan 2013
Despite having seen this arc not too long ago, still hits hard.
The moment I thought Otose might actually be dead for a second did it for me, then seeing Gintoki so serious when he fights Jiro ... chills down my spine.

Fantastic arc yet again, Gintama despite being mostly a comedy anime really knows how to make these serious parts hit hard.
Aug 9, 2021 4:25 PM

Dec 2019
It's been a while since i watched these two arcs. They still hits hard emotionally, especially the 4 devas arc.
Reminds me of why i love Gintama so much.
Apr 26, 2023 3:14 PM

Mar 2019
Since it was the same thing, I just went back and rewatched the TV episodes for this so I can be sure I won't miss the amazing music. Still an amazing ending.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama : Yorinuki Gintama-san on Theater 2D Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 19, 2014

11 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 26, 2023 1:40 PM

» Is it recommended to watch the movies instead of episodes?

One - May 11, 2016

5 by One »»
May 11, 2016 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.