Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2014 6:34 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, Funimation used the "Wake Up" opening! :o No more "We Go!" Sweet!! :D

The episode itself's got decent pacing and we get to see cameos of certain characters in the beginning. Buggy as a Shichibukai, you better believe it, lol! xD

Doflamingo has the Mera Mera no Mi and he's planning something with it. Something big.

Brace yourselves, guys. The Dressrosa arc has begun.
Jan 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
lol at Buggy being cut off as well as Law's shouting about how he doesn't like bread (seems like he's getting drawn into the Straw Hats a little even though I really couldn't see him joining them). That slime guy was strange.

The new OP is nice to see actually being played instead of We Go! though the part between Blackbeard and Luffy was a little strange. Cool seeing them fighting the admirals though and some odd outfits
AsfariaJan 18, 2014 6:50 PM
Jan 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Jun 2009
lol I'm glad that they added more to Buggy when they were talking about him being a shichibukai. It'd be nice to see him more but I doubt we will.

Law's face when he shouted that he doesn't like bread. haha. Luffy with his eyes full of meat. Of course he would.

Mingo has an really interesting crew. Like Diamanted and Trebol even if they are weird too.

I was wondering if we were going to see him with the mero mero no mi in this episode or if we were going to have to wait for the next. I'm glad we didn't have to wait.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Jan 18, 2014 6:50 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely liked it.

LunyRed said:

Currently, I always watch "Hands Up!" opening by Kota Shinzato at Punk Hazard arc.
I dont know for funimation.
Jan 18, 2014 6:55 PM
Apr 2013
The_Star_Clown said:
Definitely liked it.

LunyRed said:

Currently, I always watch "Hands Up!" opening by Kota Shinzato at Punk Hazard arc.
Because of copyright issues, Funimation wasn't allowed to use "Hands Up!" So that was the reason.
Jan 18, 2014 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
MCAL said:
The_Star_Clown said:
Definitely liked it.

LunyRed said:

Because of copyright issues, Funimation wasn't allowed to use "Hands Up!" So that was the reason.

Oh, so that what reason. I think "Wake Up" onening is better than "Hands Up!".
I don't know why Akainu, Kizaru and Blackbeard appeared in this opening because they not yet appear in manga.
The_Star_ClownJan 18, 2014 7:46 PM
Jan 18, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2013
OMG The Dressrosa arc /o/ go
Good OP XD
Jan 18, 2014 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode, many funny parts. That Diamante guy is hilarious.
Jan 18, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2013
Trebol sounds alot more derpy than i expected him to, and Diamante sounded nothing like i expected him to but I like his voice nonetheless lol Cant wait to hear Barto, Cavendish and some of the other new guys
Jan 18, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2012
LMFAO BUGGY A FUCKING WARLORD !!? HOW FAR WILL HIS LIES TAKE HIM??!!

But on a serious note the Navy has hit new all time low if Buggy can become warlord my 6 year old cousin can become a warlord to.

And If Buggy ever becomes a Emporer/Yanko I'm dropping One Piece.

Plus that new OP so amazing.
AichiroJan 19, 2014 6:56 AM
Jan 18, 2014 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
lmao i lol'd at buggy becoming a warlord xD wow
that's when you KNOW shit is unstable hahaha

the ending of this ep tho. THE ENDING OF THIS EP THO
i am so freaking excited for this dressrosa arc to get good omg

Dec 2009
ALL HAIL CAPTAIN BUGGY

May 2013
The Epic Arc Begins..
Jan 18, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
Loved the new opening. The new characters in this Dressrosa arc look wonderful (Rebecca in particular, even though they left the helmet on her)! I had enough of "We Go" and barely got to see "Hands Up!"

I love how they introduced Buggy as a Shichibukai. I remember how much I laughed when I saw that in the manga. xD

And Law's reaction after saying he doesn't like bread was hilarious. Great start to Dressrosa! I look forward to more, especially Fujitora! :D
Jan 18, 2014 10:02 PM
Aug 2013
I,am surprised that there wasn't more filler episodes considering the fact that this arc isn't finished yet but i,am not complaining. That just shows how much content is packed in a one piece chapter.
Jan 18, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2011
The episode is out?? I have to watch it nowwwwwwww. /spam post. Too excited.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2007
Did any manga readers notice the amount of material in the opening that was not even shown in the manga yet. Color me intrigued but this could possibly be foreshadowing. :p

Amazing opening, finally WE GO is over, 100 episodes is a bit to damn long for a opening, unless its hunter X hunter :p lol

The Dressrosa arc begins and this arc is soooo much better then the punk hazard arc.

Jan 18, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2013
DAT OP. DAT BUGGY. DAT ROBIN RACK.

20/10 rating.
Jan 18, 2014 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
Grouchio said:
DAT OP. DAT BUGGY. DAT ROBIN RACK.

20/10 rating.

Agreed! :D

Anyways, Buggy, a Warlord!?! He's so cool! :P
I think the following episodes will all be awesome.
This one was awesome.
Jan 18, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
The flame flame fruit, Buggy, Akainu, Crocodile, Abslom...yeah this is how you make an awesome episode.

And finally we get the new openings again.
Jan 18, 2014 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
OP was awesome buggy shichibukai lol! If we look at the opening it might be foreshowing that luffy would fight akainu before blackbeard this is awesome!!! So say I hated the punk hazard arc it was too dragged! And with the we go opening I was so pissed but according to what I've seen dressrosa would possibly be the best arc so far!
Kazi9Jan 19, 2014 12:08 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 11:36 PM
Jul 2013
BUGGY!!!!!

I love this new song, and the episode over all was 4/5.
Jan 18, 2014 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
Finally a new opening! As much as I loved "We Go" it was about damn time we got to see something new!
Great episode! From hearing all the great things about what has yet to come I'm super hyped! Loved it when Luffy kept thinking of meat xD lol. and how Law gets so swept up into Luffy's pace, its hilarious.

Jan 19, 2014 1:08 AM

Jul 2013
"Hello? I'm Monkey D. Luffy! I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!"... damn hahahah I might try this when I do prank calls.

I always loose it whenever I think of how because of a simple misunderstanding Buggy became a Warlord...
Jan 19, 2014 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
That new opening was awesome, even if we're not going to see what happens inside.

Dressrosa, gooo !
Jan 19, 2014 4:39 AM

Jun 2012
THAT OPENING - i loved that opening, i know none of that really happens but it was nice to see it, adds to the hype :D

Episode was good, and dresrosa begins, better be ready because this shits is intense!

Robin was hot this episode to :D
jimbob1141Jan 19, 2014 4:46 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 19, 2014 5:13 AM

Jan 2012
love the opening
and diamante was funny as hell
can't wait to see the rest of the epicness in this arc animated
Jan 19, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2011
Yay for new OP... so freaking sick of We Go... and I only seen like Hands Up twice.

Highlights for me...
Luffy having meat eyes.
Law doesn't like bread.
New admiral Fujitora (seen in the opening)
and the Mera Mera no Mi!!!

Hell yeah, we are finally entering Dressrosa arc. The anime is really close, the Dressrosa arc is not even like halfway done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2012
Finally we are getting to the real stuff and not moving at a snails pace. It's always exciting seeing the characters in color, with a voice and in movement after seeing them and liking them in the manga.

And such an amazing opening with great music and animation, even if the fights themselves between the strawhats and the admirals probably won't happen even though I do like all the strawhat vs marine match-ups. Franky Shogun vs John Giant looks awesome, Sanji vs Kizaru makes sense at least in my head, Zoro vs Fujitora is obvious because both are swordsmen and finally Luffy vs Akainu is obvious, Luffy always fights the boss and because Luffy wants revenge for Ace's death. And then Luffy vs Blackbeard is inevitable.
MatetrixJan 19, 2014 6:04 AM
Jan 19, 2014 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
The op will take a while to get used to, but good episode and this arc looks interesting.. And how did Buggy become a warlord? lol
Jan 19, 2014 8:13 AM

Nov 2013
LOL that opening, that's the best so far.
Sanji vs Kizaru
Rufi vs Akainu

Anime only viewers must be even more hyped since
I'm glad to know Gekko Moriaa is ok
And looks like Law doesn't like bread lol
The pace of the episode is perfect, it was worth waiting some fillers.
ColtBuntlineJan 19, 2014 8:18 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 19, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2010
Wonderful ep :D

OP was nice fanservice for an anniversary hehe ^^...glad that there were no spoilers esp 'THAT' ;P

Oh Law...I just gotta feel bad for the dude getting dragged by their pace and all XD
"I don't like bread'' and his face XDXDXD I bet he's regretting his decision every single night XDXDXD

Giving Buggy some time to talk was a nice addition by the anime staff XD I still wonder who the 7th Shichibukai is??? He's still a mystery >.<

Well everything was brilliant and is it me or Sugar is voiced by KugiRie? Nice hehe ^^

Can't wait for Barto and Rebecca :D

Let this awesome arc to being :D
Jan 19, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2013
Barion-Zara said:
is it me or Sugar is voiced by KugiRie? Nice hehe ^^

lol I noticed that too, Sugar is voiced by Kugimiya Rie(the best voice actress)
I imagine Barto with the same voice as Buggy
Rebecca/Vivi
I wonder who's going to voice Cavendish, it would be awesome to be Ishida Akira(Katsura Kotarou/Gaara/Tommyrod)
ColtBuntlineJan 19, 2014 8:33 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 19, 2014 8:24 AM
Dec 2013
The flame fruit omg! I can just imagine how SERIOUS Luffy will be when he sees it!
Gonna be interesting CANT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE!!!!
Jan 19, 2014 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
The opening was cool, but it's not as good as the

AHAHAHAHA Law trying to hold the Mugiwara pirates and they didn't give a fuck HAHAHAHA

Hahaha, finally I saw the scene where the marine guy was mentioning the Shichibukai's names. Buggy ftw \o\

Diamante is a fucking idiot, but it's funny :)

Robin's breasts good as always!
Jan 19, 2014 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
ninkendo said:
ALL HAIL CAPTAIN BUGGY

He is the Pirate king of lies. Everyone who's amazed with him being a shichibukai, you forgot what he did in the impel down arc? that's no surprise at all. and if he would turn a yonkou I would love one piece even more.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 19, 2014 9:39 AM

Mar 2013
I guess that buggy's speech was not in the manga. best part of the episode. Buggy is a beast.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 19, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
I haven't been this excited for a One piece episode in years. Can't wait, this arc is going to be EPIC!

5/5 Best episode in long time.
Jan 19, 2014 10:16 AM

Nov 2013
Wow those outfits they are using.
Except for Sanji, Zoro and Chopper, they look much better, especially for Brook.
I tried to pause the opening all the time but unfortunately I didn't find
― Saint Augustine
Jan 19, 2014 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
Finally! They're starting the dressrosa arc. I was getting really tired of them stalling. Nice opening too.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 19, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
I just thought about this...
First, Zoro

But as a decisive battle, that feels wrong, Fujitora is fat and blind, honestly he should just retire. It would make more sense for Zoro to fight Kizaru, who owned him once and can use a light sword.
Sanji should fight Akainu, in a fight to see who burns hotter, it would make sense, since Akainu takes pride of his akuma no mi, losing to someone who can make fire without it would be awesome.
And Luffy...well I don't really care about his fights.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 19, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
A good anime episode! No way!
Jan 19, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2011
Pretty good episode, for some reason that Trebol's voice was really.. uhm.. whatever. Sugar voiced by KugiRie +999 :).

Lol at Buggy-sama, and Law getting caught into the SH's pace.

By the way, still more haters around? Rating the episode 1/5? Lol they never lay down, I have to commend their effort for wasting like 10seconds of their life that will affect nothing at all in the end.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 19, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2011
i really enjoyed the episode, so much fun.. we saw Crocodile, Akainu, and more important we saw our buggy being an Shichibukai.. that was awesome seeing him talking like that :).. it's been a while since ive heard him talking like a boss//

and more and more important.. we got a NEW OP

jayvon said:
LMFAO BUGGY A FUCKING WARLORD !!? HOW FAR WILL HIS LIES TAKE HIM??!!

But on a serious note the Navy has hit new all time low if Buggy can become warlord my 6 year old cousin can become a warlord to.

And If Buggy ever becomes a Emporer/Yanko I'm dropping One Piece.

Plus that new OP so amazing.

I'm with what you said but you missed something important.. it's true that buggy isn't strong but he leads a strong crew who escaped from Impel Down, so from now on, you better don't look down on him..
Jan 19, 2014 1:53 PM
Oct 2013
I dislike new OP, they did better work with first 3 than last 3, but it's still nice to see something new.

Buggy being warlord isn't something overwhelming, I mean, 2 years passed, he's escaped Impel Down, gathered even stronger crew, has outstanding reputation worldwide(I mean Impel Down, Gol D Roger and shit...) also 2 years passed, he probably managed to get larger bounty than Croco-boy, when he still was warlord.
Jan 19, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
Ahh, I've been waiting for Dressrosa arc, it's finally here!

Really fun episode, Buggy had some time to shine. Can't wait to see Bartolomeo and Cavendish.

Opening is very nice as well, tho I guess I prefer Hands Up, but it's always like that with new openings for me.
Jan 19, 2014 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
I was spoiled about Buggy being a Shichibukai so no surprise there.
Doflamingo has Ace's devil fruit?! how?
We get introduced to some new weird characters. (Oda and his fantasy)
Jan 19, 2014 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing OP!
It was good to see Buggy again! Finally we will see the Dressrosa arc
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 19, 2014 6:08 PM

May 2010
Great episode, sweet introduction to the new arc! New op is ok, but I liked the Hands Up! better. I didn't feel any epic, stong moment from it, like in the previous one during the scene with Law and Luffy, or in the We Go! with Roger passing his hat on Shanks.

So Buggy became one of the Shichibukai......... I predict world of One Piece collapsing soon :D

Law looks too damn cute without a hat and with onigiri >w< He's so poor when he has to deal with Luffy and the rest.
Also dat Crocodile and Jinbe, hope they will have bigger role in the future than just a cameo.

Mera Mera owned everything though. What would Luffy do with it anyway? Maybe Usopp could eat it O_O ...Yeah right. Well, looking forward to his reaction to this.
Jan 19, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
Opening was alright, nothing special but good enough to make me not want to skip it (that is, of course if Funimation gets the rights to the next opening and doesn't make us watch it for 200 episodes like We Go!)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.