Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 11, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Poor Kuroko :/

Ep was so good..i liked this 3-point shotout...

About the vanishing drive: Kuroko said when he tested it in satsuki and kagami that it's not complete and then told kagami to help him perfect it...

That means the vanishing drive isn't perfect without kagami...He can still use it without him but it's weak...
geo94Jan 11, 2014 6:42 PM
Jan 11, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
Wait wut? So Kuroko needs Kagami to do the drive and yet he was show Satsuki and even Kagami it...

My god, are they gonna give every move a name? I understand this is a sport battle shounen but really?
Jan 11, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
Kuroko just reached a new level of ridiculousness and its funny as fuck.
Jan 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Nov 2009
There were many poorly drawn frames that it's not even funny. The backgrounds were better than the characters.

Anyway, the ED was good. Ono Kensho has a good voice. I miss Nigou's adventures, though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, what an episode. I was excited during the whole match also, a little touched by the end.

Hope Kuroko will be back stronger than ever.

Wait, are people complaning for the Kamehameha-thing of Kuroko? Oh cmon, we're used to it already, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Drakewinm said:
Wait timeout. I don't think the Vanishing Drive needs Kagami; otherwise, how did Kuroko pull it off one on one with Kagami (he would have) and Satsuki?

Because he did the incomplete version of the Vanishing Drive less strong than the complete version but still effective.
Jan 11, 2014 8:08 PM
Jan 2014
Aozumi said:
parfaited said:
Aozumi said:
^ I felt the animation in the whole ep was kinda horrible, it may be because of that :/

The animation was looking derpy all the way through, not counting the ED.

This show is unintentionally hilarious. I'm surprised the court didn't explode or something.

Add me to the list of people that have previously complained about the soundtracks not being up to par.

yeah, the animation in the ed was ok compared with the op and whole ep

btw, forgot to post that screenshot
Kise, are you ok
http://oi44.tinypic.com/s288yv.jpg
How do you post forums like this please tell me I'm just new
Jan 11, 2014 8:09 PM
Jan 2014
ashlelouch said:
Fucking Aomine....I love you.

Was Kuroko crying? :O ;___; Don't cry bby.

ED is so good.
parfaited said:
Aozumi said:
^ I felt the animation in the whole ep was kinda horrible, it may be because of that :/

The animation was looking derpy all the way through, not counting the ED.

This show is unintentionally hilarious. I'm surprised the court didn't explode or something.

Add me to the list of people that have previously complained about the soundtracks not being up to par.
how do you post forums or discussion like this? Please tell me I'm just new
Jan 11, 2014 8:14 PM

Mar 2009
Was pretty calm throughout most of the episode until Aomine broke Kuroko. :( Poor thing. Aomine's so tough on Kuroko and Kagami sometimes.
Jan 11, 2014 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
I like the new OP, although I prefer the one where Kuroko, Kagami, and Hyuuga jump into a heap. The new ED might be my favorite of all of them, though.

Sakurai is kind of adorable when he's being pouty and petulant?

poor Kuroko, although seeing him lose his head for a second against Aomine was an interesting change of pace.
ghostsJan 11, 2014 8:44 PM
Jan 11, 2014 9:04 PM

Jun 2011
Damn.. Aomine destroyed Kuroko!!
the 3 pointers did great ( Hyuga and Sakurai ).
also for the OP & ED.. OP1 > OP2 , ED2 > ED1
Jan 11, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2009
So intense! I loved every second of it! :)

Hyuuga: "you apologetic mushroom" xD great line!

I am in love with the new opening (but it reminds me of the previous opening at some parts) and I also like the ending theme, very nice.
This episode was pure awesomeness nothing less. It really held true to my expectations and I was not disappointed in the slightest. Man it really hurt to see Kuroko get shut out like that, I mean he must feel so utterly defeated, I can only imagine the feeling. But I know they will let him redeem himself and he will get them back!!! Anticipation on its highest level right now. I can't wait to see how this match turns out! Great game, great anime!

Jan 11, 2014 9:25 PM

Sep 2013
The new OP and ED are really pretty <3
And the new ED is sung by Kuroko :D
Icon made by me ;v;
If anyone wants to commission an icon like this, contact me at deviantART or isnowfairy7@gmail

Jan 11, 2014 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
Just as expected that this match will get more than 2 episodes. I hope their match will end at the next episode.

Jan 11, 2014 9:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ignite pass kai!!! That was a beautiful pass Kuroko...though it's sad that it didn't work the second time against Aomine, and Kuroko did it in anger. Aomine breaking Kuroko's vanishing drive, although bad for Kuroko and the team, it just goes to show just how close the two were before :(

That ED song was great. I thought this before when I heard Kuroko's character songs, but Ono Kensho has a really nice voice. He should sing more!
Jan 11, 2014 11:02 PM

May 2012
new OP and ED yay..
that animation of IPK is awsome..

Jan 11, 2014 11:03 PM

Dec 2011
Not too much of a fan of the new Opening, but great to see Alex there.
The Ending is better than I thought.

To the episode, damn, love the animation of Ignite Pass Kai... but its glory and awesomeness is stopped in this episode by Aomine.

Can't wait to see Kagami matching him soon enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 11:57 PM

Oct 2013
Imo, the Ignite Pass kai was a bit weird move, not that I'm complaining though.
Vanishing Drive and Ignite Pass kai destroyed by badass Aomine.
Pissed off + surprised + crying Kuroko is too much for me in 1 episode. Poor guy ;_;
It will take time to get used to the new OP but the ED is so much awesome!
Jan 12, 2014 1:49 AM
Jul 2018

NEW OP and ED. But I like the old ones though.
Alex at the opening. Ohmy.
Jan 12, 2014 2:21 AM

Aug 2013
(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) KUROKO!!! DON'T CRYY!!~ (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) UGGWAHH ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

i also loved the ED btw. (〃・・〃)
Jan 12, 2014 3:32 AM
Mar 2010
WTH happened to the animation in this episode? They better not do this for the rest of this arc well! Honestly, Production IG, you know how much sales Kuroko is giving you yet in this season too you have budget slips from time to time? Come on!

Oh and did I mention that the OST still sucks compared to the previous season?

Seeing my Kuroko cry was too sad. ;_; Just too sad. Even though I've read the manga...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 12, 2014 4:03 AM
Jun 2013
The showcasing of the new skills were cool.
Kuroko's ignite pass kai was pretty epic... too bad Aomine is as powerful as ever, easily shutting down Kuroko. He was breaking down at the end :c
Glad to see new OP and ED -- Love the ED
Next episode will be a blast!
Jan 12, 2014 4:27 AM
Sep 2013
nice episode,...
aomine is really awesome,...
i wonder if there is still a way for seirin to win this match
Jan 12, 2014 4:34 AM

Sep 2008
How can I not like Aomine even more after this episode. That guy gets more and more awesome with each episode.

Onto OP and ED. I am sorry, I don't like new OP. So far openings were full of "symbolic" elements, badass music, great shots of generation of miracles... This opening is...meh.

ED on the other hand is really good.
Jan 12, 2014 4:44 AM

Sep 2011
Poor Kuroko T_T
They need to pull more tricks to win this game
pew pew pew
Jan 12, 2014 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
I don't really like the opening. The Other Self is my new favorite opening ever, so I knew it would be hard for the 2nd opening to compete. Either way, the ending is nice :)

They make such a fuss about Ignite Pass Kai and then it doesn't even work really. Nothing works, Vanishing drive, Ignite Pass Kai... all the tricks are useless against Aomine :/

Also, I found there was a bit of a lack of action in this episode... They would just stand around sometimes and not do anything. But maybe it was because I exepected so much of the episode :/
Jan 12, 2014 6:08 AM
Mar 2012
I really like this anime but sometimes it get a bit annoying with the over-dramatization.
Jan 12, 2014 6:17 AM

Dec 2013
Aomine.. tooo goood
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
- Dr. Hiluluk
Jan 12, 2014 6:28 AM

Sep 2013
MasterQuest said:

Also, I found there was a bit of a lack of action in this episode... They would just stand around sometimes and not do anything. But maybe it was because I exepected so much of the episode :/

Dude, I don't think there are more than 2 episodes in both seasons combined so far that contained more action than this one. I think this episode has the most points scored onscreen.
TorribleJan 12, 2014 9:12 AM
Jan 12, 2014 9:03 AM

Oct 2011
Crying right now. Kuroko T____T. I hope Kagami pulls something epic on Aomine.
Jan 12, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
Aomine was being badass as usual but I didn't expect him to completely crush Kuroko in every way. Anyway, I was hoping to see Izuki in the spotlight for once but I don't think it'll ever happen.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Jun 2013
I got way too into this episode. Poor Kuroko..I noticed the VA's voice cracked/wavered a little bit when he responded to being out of the game. Very nice touch, extremely convincing. It's little things like that that really conveys emotion.
Jan 12, 2014 3:58 PM

Oct 2012
Love the new ED.
Jan 12, 2014 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
Nobody has time to talk that much shit in the middle of an ongoing game! Less talking...more playing, please!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 12, 2014 9:26 PM
Jan 2014
I thought it was a good episode. Sad that kuroko broke, but I believe he will come back!
Life is basically like a soap bubble.
It rides on the wind, flying here and there,
…And before you realize it, pop! It’s gone.
When it’s about to disappear, you think
that you could’ve flown a bit higher.
But by the time, it’s already too late.
Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
Jan 12, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2009
Kuroko lost again to Aomine lol but seems Kagami is gonna step up next episode
Jan 13, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2013
am I the only one who think that defeat aomine is just matter of time? I mean everyone always shown training hard while aomine just slacking off...

I really believe that deep down, Aomine wants someone to defeat him already....
and he's my favorite chara in this anime :D
Jan 13, 2014 3:15 AM

May 2008
Aomine is definitely my favorite character in this series. I've always wanted to see Seirin beat him simply because that's been his wish for so long. How the hell can you stop a guy with such ungodly form?

Can't wait to see Taiga's new moves he's learned back in America. Time to avenge Kuroko's spirit.

New OP/ED aren't as good as the previous ones. The Other Self was godlike!
Livestream: twitch.tv/imoogle
Jan 13, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode. The new OP & ED looks great :)
Jan 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
the uniforms at ED and OP~

damn aomine, breaking down tetsu like that....

the animation in this one is amazing.
Jan 13, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
lol at aomine blocking the big bang attack from kuroko

this series is really going nuts

and the explanation for the vanishing drive makes no sense, since kuroko already used it without kagami around
Jan 13, 2014 11:42 AM

Mar 2013
WhiteTestament said:

and the explanation for the vanishing drive makes no sense, since kuroko already used it without kagami around

Yeah, i must've missed something then.

Guess there's something else to it (?!).
Jan 13, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 2013
This is extremely disappointing.

I remember that Kuroko's drive wasn't perfected when he used it against Momoi (She said so) and Kagami, but it worked. I don't see how all of a sudden, now that the Kagami condition isn't met it's completely useless. Not to mention that the entire Kagami idea behind the drive is bad, in my opinion. Kuroko spouts his mouth about becoming individually stronger and then comes up with that?

Please redeem yourself, Kuroko. I loved your basketball early in the series but ever since you were countered by Aomine and Takao I've became less and less appealed to your game.

EDIT: I just remember, when Kuroko used his drive on Kagami, he said that he can already use his drive, but he trained on Kagami to perfect it. Obviously Kagami can't fall for the Kagami condition, so this entire thing doesn't make sense.

I'd say everyone's conveniently similar idea about the drive is wrong, but Aomine already countered it, so it doesn't even matter what it really is if the counter is known. Truly disappointing.
guyuzJan 13, 2014 1:06 PM
Jan 13, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Okey.. That's one of the best episodes in this season.
I kown that Aomine and Touou have to loose this match but... I still voting on them (+ that happiness when Aomine gain another point :3)

PS Wow. That new OP- nice job :D
We're all mad here
Jan 13, 2014 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
guyuz said:
This is extremely disappointing.

I remember that Kuroko's drive wasn't perfected when he used it against Momoi (She said so) and Kagami, but it worked. I don't see how all of a sudden, now that the Kagami condition isn't met it's completely useless. Not to mention that the entire Kagami idea behind the drive is bad, in my opinion. Kuroko spouts his mouth about becoming individually stronger and then comes up with that?

Please redeem yourself, Kuroko. I loved your basketball early in the series but ever since you were countered by Aomine and Takao I've became less and less appealed to your game.

EDIT: I just remember, when Kuroko used his drive on Kagami, he said that he can already use his drive, but he trained on Kagami to perfect it. Obviously Kagami can't fall for the Kagami condition, so this entire thing doesn't make sense.

I'd say everyone's conveniently similar idea about the drive is wrong, but Aomine already countered it, so it doesn't even matter what it really is if the counter is known. Truly disappointing.

http://s5.postimg.org/bgccypd4n/Asenshi_Kuroko_no_Basuke_2_14_FCAD0429_mkv.png

that image will give you the explanation...
1. It's possible the use the vanishing drive without kagami but it will just shock the enemy and delay his reaction. I assume if the enemy mental state is good (not to shocked) and if his reaction fast enough, he can steal he ball
2. the complete of vanishing drive mean that it will work 100%. with kagami as bait will increase the delay reaction which the enemy no longer can catch up kuroko or steal his ball.
Jan 13, 2014 5:01 PM

Sep 2013
I think the confusion stems from Momoi saying (in the sub I watched) "in other words, Kuroko can only use the vanishing drive when Kagami is in his opponent's vision.."

Some anime-only watchers kind of ignored everything that was said earlier by Takao and Midorima and hung on to what Momoi said literally. What she meant was "Kuroko will only choose to do it when Kagami is in his opponent's vision to maximize the effectiveness of the drive since the drive, while effective against normal players when executed alone, is only complete with Kagami serving as distraction"

The drive can work against Momoi because she's probably not a good player. It worked against Kagami (a good player) because Kagami was

-not in competitive mode. He's just curious about what Kuroko was about to show him.
-underestimating Kuroko. He hasn't seen Kuroko drive past anyone prior to that so he let his guard down.

It's possible that, without a misdirection, Kagami's reaction was only marginally stunted and could have chased back to intercept Kuroko but what was the point in doing so? Kuroko was just demonstrating to him his drive. He has seen what Kuroko wanted to show him. It wasn't an actual match; no need to rush back and stop Kuroko.

With Kagami serving as misdirection, the drive is many times more effective in terms of bewildering the opponent to the point of having his reaction severely delayed.
Jan 14, 2014 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
Nice ED
Aomine is a beast, can't wait for the next episode
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 14, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2012
So Kuroko's Vanishing drive was only about distraction anyway? Watching him makes me want to try it.

And, as everyone else said, gread ED!
Jan 14, 2014 9:57 AM

Oct 2011
Telmix said:
WhiteTestament said:

Yeah, i must've missed something then.

Guess there's something else to it (?!).

When Kuroko used it on Momoi, it was incomplete. Both Kagami and Kuroko need to be together for the Vanishing Drive to be complete. Kuroko=Shadow and Kagami=Light. Kagami is distracting the person's view whiile Kuroko is passing.
Jan 14, 2014 12:13 PM

Sep 2009
It's the first time Kuroko lost his cool!! O.O
Poor Kuroko, he was doubting his self-worth. But to me he will always be a respectable person.
Sakurai finally got his sort of own limelight for abit. Haha.
"A shadow doesn't exist without light. A shadow can never beat the light." Nice quote Aomine.

But still i don't believe that the Vanishing drive works that way. This must be a lie.
Otherwise how will it work on Kagami himself.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

282 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

151 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

111 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

101 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

108 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 7:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.