Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 12, 2014 1:59 PM

Aug 2012
The premise is so stupid; leave it to a snobby, infant loli to conquer the world.
SyrosuJan 12, 2014 2:03 PM
Jan 12, 2014 3:02 PM

Mar 2009
Okay start. Interesting concept, just don't know if they'll pull it off.

For some reason, I know this is now a pretty dated reference, but it kind of reminded me of Asura Cryin'.
And, not just the art/character designs, just kind of the whole feeling of the show.

Probably won't follow this one weekly, but may marathon it at some point once completed.

3/5

Urahara Out!!
Jan 12, 2014 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
I finished the episode mainly because of Jimon and because he is the other character who didn't spit complete nonsense (the other was a random soldier in a tank).

Sorry, but didn't see any of the creativity mentioned on the first page. Rather, it looks like familiar mannerism and characterization, taken to ... [insert the numbers of stars you wish].
Felt awkward most of the time and was really tempted to kick the loli and her trikolka to see if they will fall on random rails >.>
Jan 12, 2014 5:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
There was no point really for the character being a loli....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 12, 2014 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
The character design is awesome, one of my favorites of the season.
Jan 12, 2014 5:34 PM
Oct 2012
wakka9ca said:

It's funnier that way, so that in itself is the point.

Also that was one hell of a scanner the Professor has, it picked up Jimon's hobbies (Sudoku and cooking) as well as the fact that he doesn't have a girlfriend because he is too young.

But as to the point, doesn't this show give you the feeling that everyone involved in the plot to take over the world are children? The whole "secret society", the salute, and the way the two characters took such delight in saying their slogan. It's like a children's game that in this case, because they all have special powers, is about to become very serious. I think that is the mood this show is trying to capture.
Jan 12, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2010
wakka9ca said:

Well, lolis are cute
and cute is justice
so lolis are justice
which means, if you want a just dictator, you want a loli dictator. Stands to reason.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 12, 2014 7:26 PM

Oct 2013
I was really hoping this won't be a generic fan service loli anime, and I'm glad it didn't turn out that way.

My homies would murk me if they found out.
Jan 12, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
another loli??? this is the season of loli... fuck. but that loli's voice is perfect for her.. nice VA

pretty interesting 1st episode but I hope out protagonist won't get harassed too much.. those girls look like sadists..
Jan 12, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2012
Woot! lolis!!!
All who deny the power of loli shall be crushed!
Jan 12, 2014 10:12 PM
Oct 2010
That was quite fun for me...

Who needs logic when you can use the power of the absurd?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 12, 2014 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
I don't even...
Jan 13, 2014 12:37 AM

Aug 2013
The best starting episode of this season for now. Nice animation and it seems to be an interesting anime. 4/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 13, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2013
A loli wearing only that few piece of cloth?! wow, so much for the starters! hahahaa

Their group Zvezda wears a black coat, while their counterpart wears white one, maybe those two groups were the one who'll be fighting throughout this series..

And wow for that sword carrying Itsuka "Plamya-sama" Shikabane, she's like a hottie...

woah, look at what Natasha "Uumu Kyouju" wears, quite daring for a loli huh...

Ohh well, gotta watch out for this... I hope it's good enough :D
Jan 13, 2014 2:05 AM

Sep 2010
I liked it. Just crossing fingers it stays good and doesn't evolve into some crappy fan service show. The character designs are just too cute for that.

I would have preferred if the outfits were less showy too. I mean Uumu's "clothes" are ridiculous. However, I'm liking Plamya.
Jan 13, 2014 3:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loli girl with superpowers.

Sigh...

No thanks.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2014 8:17 AM
Jun 2011
vonPeterhof said:
Zvezda - star
Venera - Venus
Plamya - flame
Pepel - ash
Um - mind, smarts, intelligence
Odin - one
Dva - two
Galaktika [man, did she screw up the pronunciation on this one] - galaxy

I suppose also "Yasu" to be actually a mispronounced "Yasha", a Russian name.
And Kate (Catherine) in fact is the same name as Katya, which Russians strongly associate with the symbol of a Russian girl. (or a rocket launching system, lol)
Jan 13, 2014 9:34 AM
Apr 2013
Not too sure about this one yet. Love the little girl, but don't care for her outfit and discussion about her pure untouched body and horny boys. Clearly lolicon fuel. Could be trash or a good anime, not sure yet.
Jan 13, 2014 10:01 AM

May 2013
Watching for the loli. That's pretty much it, didn't even glance a slight smile.
Jan 13, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
that show can go to hell. I won't watch this crap...I don't need loli in my anime...
Jan 13, 2014 12:59 PM

Sep 2010
smelling a disastrous anime... will give it time hoping it becomes decent, not hoping that will happen, tbh.
Jan 13, 2014 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
I was enjoying this until i saw the girls costume.

I can usually get over loli stuff if it is in moderation and they focus on the moe stuff, but when they start over sexualizing little girls i really cant hang. Too bad cause this seems like it might be fun to watch.
Jan 13, 2014 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
Oh man, i love the loli in this, she's adorable! I'm not getting all hung up on the outfit, i'm more worried about the plot. Though, i can see it actually turning out pretty decent.

I clipped a few videos for you guys:

SWEAR FEALTY OR DIE!
Conquered
God Complex

And Gifs:

http://i.minus.com/iDVJWsoJgMlHY.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibnXyzGiU6Ev9e.gif
http://i.minus.com/iu1NchlDgoCpF.gif
ofx360Jan 13, 2014 9:19 PM
Jan 14, 2014 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
World conquest, bad-ass character designs, moe, a loli heroine, and possible romance? I think I'm in love.
Jan 14, 2014 5:44 AM
Feb 2013
Big monstaz - yes
Little girls - nope
kcuf
Jan 14, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
Geez, what's with all this loli hate?!

ANTI-LOLICONS stay away from this anime! It's clearly not for you. Let us enjoy our lolis in peace. You can go back to Naruto or Death Note or whatever...

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 14, 2014 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
best new show of the season imo :)
love the ost and the character designs

i still find it hard to believe a loli conquered the world tho lmao
all the members of zvezda (minus the coward) were quite awesome
Jan 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2011
linchpin said:
Personally, I like loli's, but Kate is just annoying. It feels like she's just there to abuse Jimon, which is awful.

Easily my favorite character is Pepel... in fact, he might be the only one I like. I'll give it one more episode, but it's mostly due to Kate's behaviour that keeps me from fully enjoying this show.
Jan 14, 2014 2:06 PM
Apr 2013
linchpin said:

ANTI-LOLICONS stay away from this anime! It's clearly not for you. Let us enjoy our lolis in peace. You can go back to Naruto or Death Note or whatever...

I love lolis, but I don't love lolis who are oversexualized and far too sexually knowledgable purely to serve as perverted lolicon fuel.
Jan 15, 2014 6:20 AM

Sep 2012
Rider would be proud.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Jan 15, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2013
it's a steaming pile
Jan 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
mehtoc said:
vonPeterhof said:
Zvezda - star
Venera - Venus
Plamya - flame
Pepel - ash
Um - mind, smarts, intelligence
Odin - one
Dva - two
Galaktika [man, did she screw up the pronunciation on this one] - galaxy

I suppose also "Yasu" to be actually a mispronounced "Yasha", a Russian name.
And Kate (Catherine) in fact is the same name as Katya, which Russians strongly associate with the symbol of a Russian girl. (or a rocket launching system, lol)
Well if I reeeeeally wanted to stretch it, i'd guess that the name of the little blob creatures, KuruKuru, could be derived from kurkul', which is Ukrainian for "fist" (kulak in Russian), although technically the correct Japanese transliteration would be "kuruku(u)ri".
Jan 15, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2013
MrsKotobuki said:
linchpin said:

I love lolis, but I don't love lolis who are oversexualized and far too sexually knowledgable purely to serve as perverted lolicon fuel.

well, that outfit is scanky as hell, but we get no angles, it's more like parody of cliche female evil overlord. No sexy angles except for the feet...
Jan 15, 2014 2:57 PM

Mar 2012
I agree with Lecter. I think Kate's outfit is supposed to be ridiculous, rather than sexy, and presumably for parodic effect.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 15, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
feisty said:
most of the time kate actually has a more realistic behavior as a child, but then sometimes she just acts so mature and i don't understand...? like, if the writers handled her childish mind so well, i don't understand why they'd pull the "little girl who is actually more mature than she usually would" trope. but anyway, she's really likeable and her seiyuu is doing such a wonderful job.

the episode was interesting enough to, at least for now, ignore the fact that an 8-year-old girl dons erotic clothes, and the stupid generic way the shota just gets dragged into that mess without doing anything.
Yeah, haha. That was easily the worst of the episode. Basically: "Huh..?" "Huh!?" "HUHH!?"
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 16, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2009
I love the character design, or should I say, their catchy costumes. Especially Shikabane's masks.
The plot this far is not really intriguing, it tries to drag the audience yet felt too cliched and lack of shock value (I blame the plot pacing and not quite dramatic music for an action scene).

Robokko is hot, though.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 16, 2014 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
Kate is so loli~
Man I love the art/designs in this, full of potential.
Jan 16, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
linchpin said:

You equating anti lolicons to naruto and death note fan boys is just as unfair as someone connecting lolicon fandom to pedophilia

oh wait...
Jan 17, 2014 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
World Conquest .... DISTRACTION !! lol loved this show , I feel sorry for hi, getting involved in this xD
5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2014 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
It's interesting to see how the reception for the series has been after only one episode. There's all this speculation, compliment, and critique.

I've been observing the poll for the last week, watching for fluctuations and reading all the comments here; I'm more than glad to see that the reception has been, in its majority, positive. In forums, chat boards, and different reviewers around the internet have shown me that opinions for the series (again, after only one episode) have been somewhat divided.

Though I dislike reading the negative comments, I love seeing such positive feedback. I, for one, absolutely loved this first episode and have been eagerly waiting (for what seemed like an eternal week) for tomorrow, when the second episode will become available.

Kate Hoshimiya FTW.
Jan 17, 2014 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
that was crazy beginning btw XD
anyway.. I kinda like this one :3 hoho nice show :3
asuta.. I wonder what kind of power he will got..
those guys are cool :3
gonna watch this show for sure :3
Jan 18, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2009
Zeta986 said:
A-1 pictures`s 1st DameDame anime with unlimited cliches, unoriginal, weird design, trainwreck incoming!!!

Stop misusing that word. Christ, what's with calling everything traiwreck recently.
Jan 18, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2012
This anime is amazing different I love it!

I have never seen in all my years of anime watching a loli leader who wants world conquest, so this is a first.

That aside I cannot explain why I enjoy this anime from just one episode.

Great first episode!!!
Jan 18, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2011
Kate <3
Jan 18, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Next Step: World Conquest by turning everyone into lolicons. Muwahahahaha!
Convert the unbelievers!
Jan 19, 2014 3:12 AM

Aug 2008
Half of the episode and I'm out. Seems like once again someone was mistaken thinking that absurd is enough to make series interesting.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 19, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2012
Haha dumb fun show.

Pros:

- Lolis and DFC
- Lots of fanserice
- has a plot I guess?
- lots of fun

Cons:

- it's stupid
- fanservice

Still good show to watch haha gonna watch it all.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Jun 2012
I don't really understand, but w/a, pretty cool. I like the characters so far, and also the character design.
lol at those little blobs.

Jan 20, 2014 9:54 AM
May 2012
Kind of meh, might need a few more eps for me before I dig this world conquest thing or story. The characters are quite enjoyable, though.
Jan 21, 2014 5:21 AM

Nov 2009
This was a bit awkward in my opinion and I don't really understand the plot to be fair. That meeting in particular was very weird. I'm not even sure as to what direction this series will go into either in a comical way or a serious way.

Not going to say much as I'm not really convinced as to what is going on but I have high hopes for it and seems to be interesting with a good set of characters.

3/5

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » second Seaon

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 29, 2014

23 by Loli-Knight »»
Mar 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

152 by Karva1 »»
Jan 16, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

56 by Karva1 »»
Jan 16, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

69 by Karva1 »»
Jan 16, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

75 by Karva1 »»
Jan 16, 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.