Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2009 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

still, it was quite good :)
Mar 8, 2009 11:06 PM

Apr 2008
I haven't read the manga but I was still able to pick up that the director has a bit of an inferiority complex with his father from the last episode. Maybe it is explained explicitly in the manga but my guess is that the director wants the remake to surpass the original to overcome this.

I don't understand Ren's feelings for this this drama though. I'd like them to explain that better or I'm going to have to look at the manga.

That said, I love Kyoko as the new Mio. She's so dark and filled with hatred. I want to see the public's reaction to her version of Mio. Maybe I should go read the manga.
Mar 8, 2009 11:23 PM
May 2008
WAH! it was wonderful to see Kyokos true acting abilities! And I also would like to have some explanation to Ren's issues for the Dark moon as well as his inability to have feelings, but in the previous episode he was dwelling on Kyoko quite a bit...so perhaps that is foreshadowing something! ^_^ I might have to go read the manga as well if this doesn't wrap up properly! I just dont see how they are going to wrap it up in only 3 more episodes!

Wah...fingers crossed for a second season...I want to see Ren and Kyoko maybe start something...eeekk!
Mar 9, 2009 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, Kyoko's interpretation is so different but when it clicked for her I saw it all too, great job xD
Mar 9, 2009 7:56 AM

Dec 2007
Is this really only going to be 25 episodes? I mean, they even have a new OP and ED, doesn't make sense that it's going to be so short.
Mar 9, 2009 8:45 AM

Jul 2008
Quanta said:
That said, I love Kyoko as the new Mio. She's so dark and filled with hatred. I want to see the public's reaction to her version of Mio. Maybe I should go read the manga.
This, basically. Kyoko scares me. And please renew for another 25 episodes, kthx.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 9, 2009 8:52 AM

Jan 2008
to see the entirety of this storyline, you really have to go read the mang. sure, right now we're dwelling on kyoko a lot because mostly, the series IS about her... and it is sad that we don't get that much storyline behind the director because there is a point to that. he is trying to surpass his father's version of dark moon.... D=

has anyone noticed that his voice has gotten a bit better? and i also finally figured out the relationship between the main characters! i didn't get it when reading the manga xD

mio, her sister and mizuki (was that her name?) are cousins.
mio's sister is engaged to katsuki (i keep swearing that his name's kazuki...)

xD i seriously thought that mio and mizuki where sisters... ^^;

AoiMemoriMar 9, 2009 11:41 AM
Mar 9, 2009 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
I don't understand. What's not to get about Ren and the director. Everyone has daddy issues, so if the director is remaking his father's highly popular piece, and keeps talking about wanting to surpass it, then what is so hard to understand? We already had the conversation with Ren and the President of LME explain why he didn't want Ren to act in Dark Moon, so again, where is the lack of understanding? If you ask me, the pace has had some issues and this could have gone by much quicker if they didn't feel like sitting in a lot of the moments.

Regardless, still a good episode, and I'm glad that Kyoko was able to make Mio her own.

3 more episodes!
Mar 9, 2009 11:20 AM
Oct 2007
Agree with you there, noteDhero. They took out some bits but still kept enough for the audience to understand.

Great stuff. This episode reminds me of how much I love the dialogues in SB. Only 3 more, shoot.

Mio rules!
Mar 9, 2009 11:28 AM

Jan 2008
hmmm. i guess you make a point. it's just those little details that one winds up being hung up on from the manga. but i do agree that it's best to just move along from those to a point to get it all going. i just hope we don't get a bad anime ending .-.
Mar 9, 2009 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
WooooW Great Episode! I loved Kyoko more & more <3
Can't wait fot the next one!

AoiMemori said:
has anyone noticed that his voice has gotten a bit better?

yeah I thought so too while watching the episode xD
Mar 9, 2009 1:54 PM
Dec 2007
As usual a great episode, but I felt like the pace was a bit slow compared to what it could have been, especially since there are only 3 episodes left. So my conclusion: this series NEEDS a second season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 9, 2009 3:05 PM
Mar 2008
Holy crap, that episode was EPIC!

&& I agree with Jacut, this series NEEDS a second season.
Mar 9, 2009 3:44 PM
May 2008
lol awesomeness
and yes the director's voice has gotten less whiny. i'm happy.
but yeah, why change the op/ed songs if it's gonna finish in like 3 more eps? don't understand.
and hopefully they're just postponing some of the director background stuff? cuz that's kinda important... not really to the plot but to the feel and the duality stuff... anyway, lol i should stop there.
omg can't wait for more Dark Moon!
this is frickin awesome.
and it looks popular enough to get a second season, doesn't it? I hope so...
Mar 9, 2009 3:46 PM

May 2007
Mio is really awesome. Even though I think in the manga she's even darker and scarier, the anime did just fine with her character so far. Looking forward to see what's next. :3
I really hope this anime has a second season.

Mar 9, 2009 4:04 PM

Aug 2007
This is the first episode of the series (aside from the first) that I didn't really enjoy. It felt way too slow and a bit useless as an episode. Especially considering there's only 3 more episodes, they should have fit more into that episode than to make it all about Kyoko's interpretation of Mio, which in my opinion, was incredibly boring.
3/5
Mar 9, 2009 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
NoyaChan said:
Mio is really awesome. Even though I think in the manga she's even darker and scarier...

My thoughts exactly. I felt that the manga made the scene a lot more dramatic than the anime. I don't know if it is the soundtrack or how fast the anime is running through the manga, but, in my mind at least, that scene was way more intense in the manga, especially Mio's chilly glares.

Mar 9, 2009 6:44 PM

Dec 2008
Quanta said:

Yes yes, please do :D we can all be skip beat manga buddies! (my bf -yes that's right!- gave in and started reading the manga just yesterday :P)

AznYin_Yang36 said:
And I also would like to have some explanation to Ren's issues for the Dark moon as well as his inability to have feelings

Ohh~ just to clear up things, it's not like he's unable to have feelings (like Kyoko), it's more like...he never really experienced falling in love; truly being in love with someone :P

AoiMemori said:
... and it is sad that we don't get that much storyline behind the director because there is a point to that. he is trying to surpass his father's version of dark moon.... D=

has anyone noticed that his voice has gotten a bit better? and i also finally figured out the relationship between the main characters! i didn't get it when reading the manga xD

mio, her sister and mizuki (was that her name?) are cousins.
mio's sister is engaged to katsuki (i keep swearing that his name's kazuki...)

xD i seriously thought that mio and mizuki where sisters... ^^;

I know~ it's sad how they cut out background info, I was a bit disappointed that they cut out Moko's background stuff and the continuation with Maria's struggles with her past :( I know it's not crucial to the storyline. It's just that I'm sure Moko and Maria has a deeper meaning for manga readers because they know and understand more about them, creating an attachment towards them.

And I definitely noticed the different in the director's voice (and pleased by it) :D

ME TOO, I seriously thought it was Kazuki too!!

And a response to your spoiler...

Xylona said:
This is the first episode of the series (aside from the first) that I didn't really enjoy. It felt way too slow and a bit useless as an episode. Especially considering there's only 3 more episodes, they should have fit more into that episode than to make it all about Kyoko's interpretation of Mio, which in my opinion, was incredibly boring.
3/5

My reactions exactly!! (I guess you and I are the only ones who voted for 3 XD) I was quite disappointed at how much they covered in this one episode...I expected more since they did a good job at covering a lot in the previous episode. My bf was pleased with it of course cuz he doesn't read the manga....btu I'm sure all manga readers right now are sitting at the edge of their seats anxious and nervous about what's going to happen in the next 3 episodes...let's hope for the best! ><

AegisReborn said:
NoyaChan said:
Mio is really awesome. Even though I think in the manga she's even darker and scarier...

My thoughts exactly. I felt that the manga made the scene a lot more dramatic than the anime. I don't know if it is the soundtrack or how fast the anime is running through the manga, but, in my mind at least, that scene was way more intense in the manga, especially Mio's chilly glares.

I agree with you both, I didn't feel the chills and shock as when I read in the manga. She really is very scary and evil looking in the manga.

And I think everyone here all agrees that we want a second season XD!!
robbydesuMar 9, 2009 6:47 PM
Mar 9, 2009 7:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
slightly weak compared to the last episodes, but slighty weak in Skip Beat's term = still awesome

I guess it's that we can't stop comparing it to the original!!! And yes, the manga does have a better pace, although I think the story arc immediately after Dark Moon is quite slow and bland (relatively speaking)...

Anyway, 3 episodes = hopefully good close-up of the series for a second season next year.... (NOT directly after)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 9, 2009 7:19 PM

Jun 2007
What a great episode, it made me like Kyoko's seiyuu and believe me i dont like her voice -_-

Anyway... im really excited to see the next one x3
Mar 9, 2009 9:13 PM

Jun 2008
Wow i was speechless @_@ Kyoko never fails to put me in awe. Another amazing episode!
Mar 10, 2009 1:14 PM

Apr 2008
oh mai gawd. LMFAO
Is it just me or is the Director's voice a little TOO KIDDY?
The first time I heard it I totally spewed my big red all over myself XD
hahaha!
<3
Mar 11, 2009 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
That was awesome. It didn't really feel slow to me... it's got meat in practically every moment. Kyoko was awesome! LOL she always makes a scene xD it's thanks to that old hag for driving the creepiest out of her! I guess I'll start reading the manga -.- you all say it's darn good~
Mar 11, 2009 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
kristin said:
oh mai gawd. LMFAO
Is it just me or is the Director's voice a little TOO KIDDY?
The first time I heard it I totally spewed my big red all over myself XD
hahaha!

i think it's gotten better from what we started with. plus it suits him imo
Mar 13, 2009 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
Personally, I don't like Kyoko's interpretation of Mio like that, but seeing her acting skills, I accepted it.

Also, can't wait for the next episode...

Mar 13, 2009 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
Ryuukishi said:
Personally, I don't like Kyoko's interpretation of Mio like that, but seeing her acting skills, I accepted it.

I laughed it off. I can never take Kyoko seriously xD
Mar 15, 2009 12:58 AM
Oct 2007
Rebella said:
Ryuukishi said:

I laughed it off. I can never take Kyoko seriously xD

You're joking right? =S Kyoko is very serious about her work after all.
Sep 29, 2009 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
I was confused there for a while but, whatever. I get it now :D
Kyoko's new Mio was creepy imo.
Sep 29, 2009 10:59 PM

Feb 2008
Starrlightx3 said:

that's exactly what its supposed to be :)
Sep 29, 2009 11:04 PM

Sep 2008
jacobpaige said:
Starrlightx3 said:

that's exactly what its supposed to be :)
I wasn't complaining xD;;
Dec 13, 2009 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
Kyoko is awesome, her mio's version is great < 3
that stupid, old biarch with 'Old Mio' complex must be in shock : >>>
Jan 10, 2010 5:10 AM
May 2008
So intense, but I like the new "version" of Mio.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 5, 2010 1:39 AM

Oct 2008
Major LOL at the Directors reaction. xD

Her acting of Mio was pretty awesome though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 1, 2010 8:25 PM

May 2010
Epic episode.. the best so far, all the earlier episodes were boring for me. Kyoko handling the punks was awesome, and I loved her interpretation of Mio and her back-talking to her mother. Kyoko knows how to act! I'd love to play Mio, it would be fun..

Great episode, 5/5
Jan 3, 2011 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
Lol awesome, Kyoko is so cool lol XD I love her Mio ... so intense! :P
Only 3 more episodes left! Will they be able to finish this arc? O_O
May 6, 2011 4:24 AM

Apr 2009
The director was expecting a wind to blow his clouds of doubts away, he got a tornado! XD And Kyoko delivers and interprets Mio in F5 category! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 2, 2011 10:19 PM

Nov 2007
lol the director is totally in love with Kyouko/Mio XD So am I, good on her for rethinking the character and coming up with her own interpretation. That's what good acting is!

But why'd it take three hours for Kyouko to get her hair dyed?? =P
Mar 5, 2012 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
The director got a hard on over Kyouko's acting.
Mar 10, 2012 11:33 PM

Jul 2010
WOW. SHE IS A BEAST <3
Oct 7, 2012 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
This new Mio that Kyoko created was completely different. I don't understand how she was able to solve that clash in Mio's personality--introverted and silent but hates to lose. So her Mio is not introverted? Or she's showing it in a deviant way? I'm confused @.@
Oct 17, 2012 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
She decided that the description itself was flawed and that Mio's primary characteristic was her hatred for everyone, including herself but that she had enormous pride and therefore blamed the world for those aspects of herself which she hated. On the surface, this hatred of everyone could be seen as introverted or shy, but it has more to do with not feeling the need to communicate or socialize with people she hates.
Nov 6, 2012 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
Going to completely disagree with pretty much everyone in this thread. To me this was easily one of the best episodes so far and I found Kyoko's performance incredibly enthralling. It was really cool to see her completely own her role their.

hanabiii said:
What a great episode, it made me like Kyoko's seiyuu and believe me i dont like her voice -_-

It's possible to not like Kyoko's voice? To me this is probably one of the better vocal performances from a Seiyuu I've heard. She has an incredible amount of range. It's crazy, really.

It's depressing that this show is almost over. This really needs another season. I mean really, REALLY needs another season.
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 6, 2012 1:55 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2013 3:14 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, her acting was beyond words.

Apr 21, 2013 1:59 PM

May 2012
Damn she's just one epic actress afterall! To make such an impression! Damn she sure made the character brand new and even more epic! This is really the new reborn Mio!

I wonder what will happen next with only 3 episode's left! Lets find out next!
Nov 18, 2013 11:40 PM

Jul 2009
wow Kyouko-san!!!

she has definitely gone a lot!!! a few episodes ago she was just a amateur actor, but now she looks like a very pro actor!!

her version of Mio is really much scarier than the original!! Kyouko even cut her own hair. i think it reflects on the early episodes where Sawara-san mentioned that some actors get to their acting too intensely that they lost their self to the character. It seems this is what Ren is waiting for ^^

lol that Iizuka is still in denial that this version could definitely surpassed her own. just like the LME president said, you can't surpass the original by just copying it, you have to make your own version that will surpassed even the original itself!!

i'm glad the director got awe at Kyouko's acting skills. i can't wait if they will show the full movie :)

only 3 episodes left :O T__T
Apr 12, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2013
You know what, I wish I can jump inside their 2D world and watch Kyouko's acting in person. That was amazingly evil.

I don't get why they keep complaining about "this isn't the Mio from 20 years" or that she's not being faithful to the role. From the start, the director already expressed his desire to surpass the original series. They've already gone with a different approach, why do they insist on copying how the actors acted in the old version? Shouldn't he insist that they do a fresh and new take on it? *shrugs*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 13, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2014
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL
Aug 21, 2014 5:42 PM
Jan 2014
Kyoko is such a splendid actress! I wish there were more actors/actresses like her in real world.
Oct 3, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, Kyoko have gone full edgy mode. But that's pretty cool, it's more refreshing than the other drama they were presenting. The other one looked more like a soap opera and this one more like a drama.

And here I am, just hoping that the other bitch is even more mad now that the director retracted.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 9, 2015 2:38 PM

Jun 2010
She created new Mio but the director didn't like it but ended up using it anyway?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM

» New season??

G3yfishy - Jun 23, 2022

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2022 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.