Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
ihusmal1234 said:
Akanezora said:
I think it was the best ending of this season. Just for this it deserves a nice score.
Too bad the first 5-6 episodes were annoying as fuck and pretty useless imo. I almost thought of dropping it, but I'm glad I didn't.

The first 5-6 episodes of the season as in the whole entire Neko Shiro arc? Damn... you don't have to like Hanekawa but it's the second most popular arc of the novels for a reason buddy. Gotta at least acknowledge Nisio's work in the arc.

I swear man, if there was just one more episode about Hanekawa and Hitagi silly talks with that huge amout of fanservice, I would have dropped it without second thoughts, luckily Arararararagi appeared and I was once again interested.
Dec 28, 2013 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
Patureau said:
Emnay said:
Patureau said:

I guess now all that is left is wait for the movie and Hanamonogatari, btw does someone know which will come out first ? (or at least is scheduled to come out first)
It's slated for 2014, though who knows, it could end up like Kizu and be delayed, though somehow I doubt it will.

Wait, which one is due to 2014 ? kizu or hana ? or both ?

Hana is a guarenteed 2014. I read somewhere it was going to be sometime in January right after the second season but who knows. Probably got delayed. Kizu... well no news yet but hopefully they'll give out some type of info after Hana.
Dec 28, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
kickmesign said:
Kaiki can survive the lashings of a god, but not the stabbings of a normal middle schooler. lol Give us Kizu now please.

Sengoku as a god could destroy Japan whole without much trouble.
The reason why Kaikai survived her 'lashing' to begin with is because Nadeko didn't meant to kill him before their conversation was over.

Meanwhile you have an angsty emo kid with a lethal weapon that stroke him right in the back of the head. Kaiki is a normal human, he's not like Gaien or Oshino who can actually fight.
Dec 28, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
Awww, it's over...'sniff'...well the only thing I'm gonna miss more than watching this is KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!
"True Nonoriri's have Buster Machines in their HEARTS!!!!"
Dec 28, 2013 8:47 PM

Apr 2013
mugi said:
Akanezora said:
ihusmal1234 said:
Akanezora said:
I think it was the best ending of this season. Just for this it deserves a nice score.
Too bad the first 5-6 episodes were annoying as fuck and pretty useless imo. I almost thought of dropping it, but I'm glad I didn't.

The first 5-6 episodes of the season as in the whole entire Neko Shiro arc? Damn... you don't have to like Hanekawa but it's the second most popular arc of the novels for a reason buddy. Gotta at least acknowledge Nisio's work in the arc.

I swear man, if there was just one more episode about Hanekawa and Hitagi silly talks with that huge amout of fanservice, I would have dropped it without second thoughts, luckily Arararararagi appeared and I was once again interested.

>Huge amount of fan service.
You mean those few seconds in the bath rooms?
Neko:Shiro was clearly the best of the past few stories, since Kabuki failed so horribly.
I agree Neko:Shiro was easily the best in terms of story and animation but was Kabuki really THAT bad? I don't remember a lot but the animation wasn't too terrible and the story was kind of whatever but I don't think it failed horribly.

Though I'd have to re-watch it to really understand how well or how bad it was done.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
WOOOOW, they killed off Kaiki and he was becoming a true bro!

Hyped for the next season in 2014!
KvshiDec 28, 2013 9:03 PM
Dec 28, 2013 8:53 PM

Dec 2012
Monogatari second season actually have the least amount of fan service, even less than Bake.
Dec 28, 2013 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
Emnay said:
So manga was in the closet? That's... anticlimactic but it makes sense.

Fucking RIP Kaiki, I wonder if it was Kanbaru at the end? It would be kind of ironic how Kaiki did it for Kanbaru and Kanbaru ended up killing him, maybe due to her arm acting up again? I don't know, I just hope they adapt the Final Season novel.

I don't think Kaiki is actually dead. Sure it ended like that but we have to remember that he narrated the story. So how would he narrate it if he was dead?
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Dec 28, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
Nope. Fuck that ending. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.
Dec 28, 2013 9:06 PM

Mar 2012
A beautiful finale. The conversation between Kaiki and Nadeko made me borderline tear up. Kaiki dying (he did die, right?) was perfection. Thank you, Shaft.

I can't wait to re-watch both Nadeko arcs back-to-back, they're just 2good. This season might have found a place in my favourites, if not for that horrific loli fetish arc. Season three when.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 28, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
whoa. so hitagi was kaiki's past lover...

i felt like whole deceiving nadeko was rushed...and manga behind the closet...how anti-climatic.

i wonder how nadeko will act now? i'm hoping she is still yandere.
trillshitDec 28, 2013 9:15 PM
Dec 28, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2010
LoBFCanti said:
Ougi has to die.
I knew Kaiki was getting too much damn character development but I didn't expect it to end like that.

This Ougi bitch has to go.

Ougi bitch has to go. Lol.

Later in the third season, people like you will most probably praising her over and over again like there is no tomorrow. Amusing people here in the community.
Dec 28, 2013 9:20 PM

Jul 2011
mugi said:
SweetDeception said:
Whats the negative comments about the animation? Be happy that it didnt go on a break this week but instead finished no matter how it looked.

That is absolutely not excuse or reason to be happy about.

Well, there was also no reason to go out. As someone who makes gifs and pays attention to all of these details, it actually was pretty nice and it had Shaft's trademark scenes so considering that this ep was aired by the end of the year, it couldve been much worse so thats why you should be happy about it. Not trying to make an excuse, its just that it may have looked poor to some people but animation wise it was pretty good. The only part where Shaft let me down was the final scene because it felt like it lacked at least a half of minute
Dec 28, 2013 9:22 PM

Apr 2013
yukaru00 said:
LoBFCanti said:
Ougi has to die.
I knew Kaiki was getting too much damn character development but I didn't expect it to end like that.

This Ougi bitch has to go.

Ougi bitch has to go. Lol.

Later in the third season, people like you will most probably praising her over and over again like there is no tomorrow. Amusing people here in the community.
Well, a lot of people don't have the privilege of reading the novels. Can you blame them for being a little naive about the characters? I myself don't know shit about anything after The Second Season and I'm relying on the anime to give me information, which doesn't give me a lot of info about anything after the Second Season.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 9:27 PM

Oct 2012
what's up with araragi showing up? what the hell is senjougahara doing, if kaiki succeeded in his first attempt to decieve that snake bitch and then that moron araragi shows up they will be dead meat
Dec 28, 2013 9:29 PM
Oct 2012
They are killing off their characters one by one...
Dec 28, 2013 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
mugi said:
Emnay said:
Still applies, as people are jumping to conclusion concerning Ougi. The sympathy for Kaiki is too much but okay, people might like him now. But I doubt anyone knows what just happened and why.
I think that's exactly the problem. Ougi has shown up very rarely so we know barely anything about her, and after seeing the ending I can understand why people are jumping the gun and wanting her dead. I've looked for translations and info on the novels but there's so little that the anime is all we have.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 9:52 PM

Feb 2012
Mayoi, now Kaiki?? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! What has become of the anime world?? lol

At least we now know what was in the closet! Haha. Btw, can someone clarify for me. How come in the end of the first half of the Nadeko Medusa arc, Nadeko was still a snake god and Koyomi, Shinobu and Senjougahara were in the shrine preparing to fight Nadeko after graduation day? Is there still a continuation where she becomes a snake god again?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 28, 2013 10:04 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well, people hating on Ougi already? He/she/it will be prominently featured in the future.

Also, who really believed Kaiki is dead?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 28, 2013 10:05 PM
Mar 2011
It is clear that there are two opposing forces "pulling the string" in the monogatari series, it is Ougi and Gaen. They have consistently dropped clues throughout this season through snipits of dialogue here and there. Unlike traditional characters, there is no clear good or evil, but those two have their own "principles" just like the trio of Kaiki, Kaginue, Oshino, each have their own principles. They all have reasons and driving forces but it's hard to say whether or not anyone is evil or bad. Kanbaru tried to kill Araragi, do you feel she is a menace? What about Nadeko before and after her snake transformation. If you're looking for a "villian" in this story, you'll be hard pressed to find one.
Dec 28, 2013 10:33 PM

Nov 2013
plushkin said:
pkKodama said:
plushkin said:
Ajunky said:
pkKodama said:
A random girl or a random boy among the ones deceived by Kaiki. Or the one who cursed Sengoku. But only because it has a snake doesn't mean it's him. It's not 100%. You don't know what happened during all this time. But so far in monogatari series every girl got a voice actress while every man got a voice actor. and it was moving like a girl and mad like a girl IMO, that's why I think it's a girl.
If we are using meta arguments, then I'll say it is far more likely for it to be the boy that cursed Nadeko simply cause it would be tying loose ends.

LOL when visual cues and verbal confirmation aren't enough for us to deduce exactly who that person was. I suppose we get deniers everywhere in life

There was no "verbal confirmation".

Kaiki: I see. He's one of the many junior high kids that I deceived last time I was in this town. What's with this kid? Did he get inflicted with a reverse curse?

Are you kidding me?
Are you seriously quoting subs?
It's IMPOSSIBLE to do a perfect japanese-english translation, but I'm nice so I'll explain.
No, he didn't specify whether it was a he or a she. And he ended his sentence with something that in english would mean something like "-MAYBE that's the case".
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
A random girl or a random boy among the ones deceived by Kaiki. Or the one who cursed Sengoku. But only because it has a snake doesn't mean it's him. It's not 100%. You don't know what happened during all this time. But so far in monogatari series every girl got a voice actress while every man got a voice actor. and it was moving like a girl and mad like a girl IMO, that's why I think it's a girl.

Saying that it's surely a girl just because we never had a voice actress playing a male character in Monogatari before is just absurd. You know, it's the first time in Monogatari that we hear a 14 year old boy talking and it's totally common in anime that young male characters get their voices from female Seiyuu's. As MagicFlier said, VAs have nothing to do with the character's gender.
And what do you even mean with "it was moving like a girl and mad like a girl"?
Anyway, this discussion feels very pointless since it doesn't matter if it was that certain guy or a new guy who "coincidentally" suffer from the same shit. (Though I still believe it's obviously the boy who cursed Nadeko during Bake.)

"Saying that it's surely a girl"
You're making things up... I never said that.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 10:36 PM

Mar 2010
@pkKodama and everyone else
Just take Ougi's gender as the same gender confusion as Alluka in togashi togashi.
Dec 28, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2013
yukaru00 said:
Just take Ougi's gender as the same gender confusion as Alluka in togashi togashi.

We're not talking about Ougi's gender lol.
And I know it's not the right place but "Aruka is GIRL!" that's what Kirua said, there shouldn't be any doubt about her gender... not sure about Karuto.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
why... Kaiki was my favourite character too ;~;
Dec 28, 2013 10:48 PM

Nov 2013
UMBRELLATWIRL said:
Welp there goes my sundays of monogatari every week

rip kaiki....really didnt expect him to get murdered like that :(

GREAT SERIES

If you and everyone else want to avoid spoilers, don't read the previous pages, they are not using spoiler tags.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 11:07 PM
Jun 2010
What Kaiki told Nadeko is what he had kept telling hisself.
To Kaiki, Senjyogahara is everything irreplaceable by money.
When he lost her forever, he began to walk toward death.

Mar 2010
pkKodama said:
yukaru00 said:

We're not talking about Ougi's gender lol.
And I know it's not the right place but "Aruka is GIRL!" that's what Kirua said, there shouldn't be any doubt about her gender... not sure about Karuto.

Haha my bad.
off topic reply but please do not bother replying to this post:
I have been translating togashi togashi volume 31 & 32 these past few months and still uncertain of Alluka's gender, as well as Kalluto... well, he might be both lol

Mar 2013
so i guess Shaft gave us the shaft on the visuals

Aug 2011
that ending though (i am distressed by it)
Dec 28, 2013 11:43 PM

May 2013
I thought the ending was sweet, wouldn't have wanted it any other way (well maybe).
Looking forward to future works.
Dec 28, 2013 11:57 PM
Dec 2013
Hi new best friends, registered to post this. Anybody seen this yet?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-29/hanamonogatari-anime-previewed-in-video

Was wondering if someone could do a translation, I'm curious to see if this has any info on the air date?
Dec 29, 2013 12:03 AM

Aug 2012
Can anyone whos reading the final novel please tell me that Kaiki isn't dead? I seriously liked him so much...
[sigpic]http://imgur.com/nlE7DQO[/sigpic]
Dec 29, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2012
Ougi is awesome. And Gaen too.

Kaiki managed to trick some of the viewers into his trap. Gotta love this guy.

Overall score : 8/10, first arc and last arc are the most enjoyable for me. As always, most of the seiyuu had done a really good job.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 29, 2013 12:24 AM

Aug 2013
Nooo Kaiki, you better not actually be dead. Sad that it's ended, definitely my favorite anime of this year. Now hurry up and animate the other story arcs. Didn't quite like some of the arcs as much as others, 9/10
wow gay
Dec 29, 2013 12:33 AM
Oct 2010
No more gatari or a while =(

I've enjoyed this season, particularly how much it's marginalised Koyomi as a character, and constantly reinforcing the notion that he can only make things worse. I love seeing him do his thing, but this will do so much for his character development, and make the third season that much better to watch IMO. Fingers crossed we get that.

I figured that whatever was in Nadeko's closet would be a contradiction to her character, but I thought it would be something far more sinister than a manga series she penned. It seems so out of place, but feels appropriate since she it isn't a part of how people saw her. It'll be curious to see how she is post-god, and how she reacts to Kaiki's demise.
Dec 29, 2013 12:52 AM
Oct 2013
Best ending or ending arc perhaps in this season, no... this whole year!?
I haven't seen something well-played these past few years.
That twist...hmmm... definitely surpassed Bakemonogatari.
That background music in the end.
Kaiki FTW! Don't die Kaiki!!! *sobs*
Anime is worth 11/10.
In terms of character potrayal, I think he's even better than Rider (Alexander the Great?) from Fate:Zero. Better than Araragi, the show's MC.

Best Character of the Year: Kaiki

You're the man Kaiki! And please don't die huhuhuhu...
Dec 29, 2013 1:02 AM

Nov 2009
Great OST.

I think Senjougahara really fell in love with Kaiki, albeit the abnormal type. At that time, Kaiki was her 'knight in shining armor' and her savior so she 'loved' him. But the one who really saved her from her predicament was Araragi, and maybe her 'love' for him was different and a more sincere one.

Anyway, poor Kaiki. Is he really dead? And could Ougi be the primary antagonist of Monogatari?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2013
Just when I'm starting to like Kaiki >o< so is there going to be a continuation of this anime or...?
Dec 29, 2013 2:33 AM

Aug 2009
NOOOO!!! No Kaiki!

Amazing episode. When Kaiki mentioned about becoming mangaka, I laughed so hard. His job was done splendidly. The ending was totaly unexpected. I really started to like Kaiki. Well, only thing that left is waiting for the final season.
I love this serie.
Dec 29, 2013 3:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wow. I didn't expect Kaiki to go like that. I hope that like he said in his initial narration, we shouldn't trust him as a narrator and he's alive somewhere conning someone.

I really enjoyed this arc. Seeing Senjougahara matching wits with her intellectual equal Kaiki was very rewarding. I think she's lying at the end when she says she hadn't fallen in love with him in the past (that doesn't deny that she's even more in love with Araragi now).

Overall a really good series for Monogatari fans. Some arcs were better than others, but this series as whole was head and shoulders better than Nisemonogatari. I cannot wait for Hana and Kizumono to come out.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 29, 2013 3:07 AM
Nov 2010
As great as always. More Monogatari, please.
Dec 29, 2013 3:10 AM
Jun 2009
Where is Hanamonogatari on MAL? Search doesn't know this title, the only sym links to Monogatari S2
Dec 29, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2012
So sad... goddamn it...
Dec 29, 2013 4:58 AM

Aug 2008
Really hope Kaiki survive.

He's one of the best characters for 2013.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 29, 2013 5:20 AM
Mar 2010
When this episode was over, Araragi looked like a pimp.
Dec 29, 2013 6:07 AM

Jun 2013
Wise Kaiki is wise.

Just finished watching Monogatari Series: Second Season. Finally we get to hear Kamiya Hiroshi after a few episodes w/o him. Araragi shows up just to be annoying , lol. The last arc , Koimonogatari was indeed magnificent. Despite having the episodic title "Hitagi's End" , Gahara-san didn't really show up that much and it was narrated by Kaiki. Kaiki was indeed very manipulative , he failed deceiving Nadeko for the first time and goes with the closet trump card. Nadeko's slaps and kicks to Kaiki were cute owo. The ending was ,,, a moment of silence for Kaiki Deishu. Ougi was the mastermind of almost all the arc in the second season. Ougi's the bitch. Overall , the ride Nisio Isin gave to me was indeed enjoyable. Looking forward to the left out Hanamonogatari next year and perhaps the long awaited movie , Kizumonogatari. The ending which was the instrumental of the troll-op was nice , will download it once its out. 9/10 for this magnificent story.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 29, 2013 6:19 AM

Jul 2012
WHY KAIKI DAMN IT

RIP BEST NARRATOR

EPISODE 21 - 26
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Dec 29, 2013 6:22 AM

Oct 2013
Just when I was starting to like Kaiki this has to happen... DAMN IT
Dec 29, 2013 6:23 AM

Jun 2013
pkKodama said:
Ajunky said:
pkKodama said:
If we are using meta arguments, then I'll say it is far more likely for it to be the boy that cursed Nadeko simply cause it would be tying loose ends.

And why would he be so mad like that if he's the one who started it? I don't think he should be able to survive for so much time, that could be his sister who got the snake the moment he died and then went to avenge his brother. There are many possibilities.

WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING DENSE ?
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 29, 2013 6:36 AM

Aug 2008
"sister who got the snake the moment he died and went to avenge his brother"

waht
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this listed with 26 episodes?

gasman66 - May 19

3 by keinboesewicht »»
Yesterday, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

150 by SouthRzVa »»
May 18, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

211 by SouthRzVa »»
May 17, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

408 by eblf2013 »»
May 17, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2013

132 by SouthRzVa »»
May 16, 5:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.