Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 5, 2007 7:38 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, what did everyone think of the last episode?

Nov 11, 2007 11:26 AM

May 2007
Well...

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Nov 11, 2007 1:16 PM

Oct 2007
it was really sad how they died...
but if they didnt, it wouldnt be a "romeo and juliet", i suppose

i think this series was extremely well planned out

btw anyone know why Curio was working at a fruit stall while everyone else was living in the keep?
Nov 12, 2007 2:57 PM

Mar 2007

It was still a very well done conclusion to the series.

Nov 12, 2007 4:47 PM

Aug 2007
I really liked it. I think the series overall was really great.

btw, Wikipedia (i know...) says for the final episode there is a secret ending after the credits. Is this just the characters as we saw living their lives, or was there more after when it said END.
Nov 13, 2007 9:59 AM

Aug 2007
well, I really like the final. Is much better than the original drama (its sucks) the part i really dont like is when they die, i cry...
Nov 27, 2007 10:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Really good final episode. I think they've strayed far enough from the original to make them survive this, so I'm glad they decided to have them both die. Overall I enjoyed it enough to give it a 7/10.

On a side note, the original drama does not suck. It's a freaking masterpiece and 110% worthy of going down in history like it did.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 27, 2007 11:57 AM

Apr 2007
Was quite a satisfying ending indeed, It had to end like this to have a different ending from the original story, though the fighting scenes in this last ep I consider weak, but it is not main focused on it so nothing else I could complain. was an enjoyable and good series, 8/10.
Dec 2, 2007 1:48 PM

Aug 2007
It was awesome!
Dec 6, 2007 11:49 PM

Aug 2007
It was definitely... beautiful TT__TT I don't know what to say... I probably didn't want the end like this before, but I changed my mind. It was just beautiful, nothing less <3<3
Dec 10, 2007 7:51 PM

Jul 2007
I was really impressed. And yeah, sad to see them die, but it was really important for the ending to have such a strong impact. It would have been lame if they didn't.

I must also comment that everything Tybalt did was fantastic and he's just a really amazing character. Riding with the kids on Romeo's pegasus was just too sweet.

Overall, I simply loved it. It's not something I would normally watch and it gets nothing but praise from me. From start to finish, I loved every ep and even with the confusing changes with the story, it still turned out fantastic.
Dec 13, 2007 12:04 PM

Jan 2007
OH MY GOD COULD THIS HAVE BEEN ANY MORE RETARDED?! ._.
Dec 13, 2007 12:51 PM

Jul 2007
hounddog said:

Yes, they both could've lived happily ever after. It was still phenomenally retarded.

Sam is my sweet peach
Dec 23, 2007 2:52 PM
Jun 2007
One of the stupid episode in the series O_O
Dec 28, 2007 4:10 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
EvilDevil said:

Of course not ! It was really sad . It was full with emotion . Why would you say it was stupid ?

Even though I would prefer a happy ending , their death was to be expected from the original story ... But again it made me cry at the end ... I don't like when the main heroes die T_T But it doesn't change the fact that it was awesome !!
Jan 21, 2008 6:40 PM
Dec 2007
PiratePrincess said:
EvilDevil said:

Of course not ! It was really sad . It was full with emotion . Why would you say it was stupid ?

Even though I would prefer a happy ending , their death was to be expected from the original story ... But again it made me cry at the end ... I don't like when the main heroes die T_T But it doesn't change the fact that it was awesome !!

AMEN TO THAT!
Jan 22, 2008 11:19 AM

Sep 2007
On Saturday I finally finished it, and all can say: poor Shakespear. (I hope I spelled it right o_o) What have they done to his play? And what have they done to Tybalt for God sake?!?!?!?! Why? XD
I laughed so much, God. XD

Oh, and by the way, I hate this Anime. At first I liked it but from episode 9 I couldn't anymore. But I did enjoy watching it because I laughed so much because the characters are so stupid! XD
Jan 23, 2008 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
This anime is amazing. I just finished it after the long wait and search for sub 23 and 24. And I just loved the whole thing. Amazing. Simply amazing.
Feb 21, 2008 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
if i had watched the last 4 episodes consecutively i proably would have cried when they died. but i didnt. there were too many "romeo" "juliets" for me to take it seriously.

I do have to say that the ending itself (the whole dying, escalus dissappearing) was a really good and fitting ending to the show.

it was a good show. i might have to rewatch it at some point though so i can remember how good the beggining was :P. haha. if only they had left all of the escalus stuff out, i would have liked the show so much better.
Feb 22, 2008 8:40 AM

Apr 2007
TheWestExit said:
hounddog said:

Yes, they both could've lived happily ever after. It was still phenomenally retarded.

why could'nt everyone have died? I woulda liked it more if the whole island was destroyed , and oh man im so sleepy right now im just like.... 30% innnnreality right now... I need to go to sleep.... in half an hour or so.... T.T
couldnt judge ending well at all cause of my 1.5/4 awake state, snap i forgot what i was gonna say...
Gonzo screwed the ending, it could have been better, but this is still acceptable enough. It could have been another

9/10 or maybe even 8/10, from what used to be a 10/10 everyepisode when i was full on hyped about this way back as it was airing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2008 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
I liked the end of the ending!

But erm...

Jun 22, 2008 10:11 AM

Feb 2008
Negative:
At times way too pathetic.
Romeo is way too "hero-like", for my taste.
Its somehow exhausting to hear "Romeo", "Juliett" more than 100.000 times (at least it felt that way).

Positive:
Some great action-scences.
Brilliant side-characters.
Nice storyline.
Beautiful music.
A heartbreaking end!

==> 8/10 ^^
Jul 29, 2008 4:41 AM

Dec 2007
first episodes were amazing! after, id ont know, 9 maybe 10... it begins to be so pompatic (gash, i cant find a word XD), the 'romeo' 'juliet' thing, but still i liked it. veeery liked it! end was good, side-characters are brilliant and, hm, i don't know a storyline of a shakespeare to good, but tybalt <333 i love him! XD and music was great too!
Aug 12, 2008 10:34 PM

Jan 2008
I cried to much with this I knew it was coming and was prepared but then it happened and then :'"(
poor Romeo and Juliet!
Love this seris! now I ahve a little more appreciation for Shakespear
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2008 6:24 AM
Oct 2008
it was definitely the best. hahaa. it made my cry though
Dec 16, 2008 4:53 AM

Mar 2008
r0derix said:
I really liked it. I think the series overall was really great.

btw, Wikipedia (i know...) says for the final episode there is a secret ending after the credits. Is this just the characters as we saw living their lives, or was there more after when it said END.

I know your post was like...last year but XD--
I watched until after it says the end. I let it run until it no longer played, so I'm sure they meant the part where they show everyone living their lives :]
Jan 2, 2009 8:24 AM

Jan 2008
I was just breathless half the time over how amazing it was, and I found myself crying from time to time, especially when they died. Even if it was sad, I still loved it.
When being served something as sweet and delicious as cake, it's not having the cake that's important. It's the enjoyment of eating that cake that's important, and it's more enjoyable when done with a friend.

Feb 14, 2009 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't really like it, but it's good enough they kept the tragic part from the original xD

I pity Ophelia... she died for nothing! All she wanted was for the good of Neo Verona. If both Romeo and Juliet would die then what was her death for?! Sheesh... well at least Neo Verona's become a floating island that's actually on earth -.-

bliepbliepbliep said:
I liked the end of the ending!

But erm...

LOL! I like your logic xD

And also... Francisco wearing a ponytail was hawt, and cute <3 older Antonio looked good too. And yay for the Cordelia-Benvolio baby!

6/10
Apr 8, 2009 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
I wondered what finally Romeo and Juliet finish happy!! Was not this time! The story of the tragic love among two youngsters continues!
Ah! But I adored the ending!
Apr 10, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
Ok, so I shed buckets full of tears. It keeps flowing right after Romeo got stabbed by the tree(?) and later on until the end of the anime.
Since most of us know that the original play wirtten by Shakesphere, Romeo and Juliet did die (however not because of some Ecalus) so I was quite predictable that this anime is going to have a tragic ending.

Nevertheless, I liked the ending even though it was sappy and all. I guess it's really inavoidable that Juliet must sacrifice herself for Neo Verona so it's impossible for Romeo and Juliet to have a happy ending. Y/N?
Apr 27, 2009 3:17 PM

Oct 2007
its in my favourites right now, for me - great story, not perfect but entertaining for sure. loved it all the way. i havent been so sad since i watched fate/stay night. good show! would like to see some more good animes:)
Jul 8, 2009 10:17 PM

Feb 2008
I just watched the last like 5 episodes in a row so I'm a bit shell shocked. I was kind of hoping that it wouldn't stay completely true to the original play and somehow they'd find a way to live. It seems kind of....crap.

:/ I mean in the story them both killing themselves because they thought the other was dead for impossible love made sense. It taught the families an important lesson about love and what they were actually causing having both lost something precious.

But in this version Romeo was murdered by an evil tree monk, Juliet sees this and then decides to keep a vow they made in a broken down church "for the sake of the people". I don't understand how her dying is changing anything. Won't escalus need another 'virgin sacrifice' in a few years?

The good people who were already not corrupt learned a lesson about "love" and "sacrifice" but the evil people were murdered/fled. So...what's to say this won't happen again?

I just think because of the changes they already made to the original story killing them off together did not make sense as Romeo did not commit suicide for the sake of his unbridled love, he was MURDERED, and Juliet did not kill herself because of her undying love for romeo, she killed herself so a TREE could have a blood sacrifice and appease it for the next 20 years or so.

NOT
IMPRESSED
:|
Jul 16, 2009 4:26 AM

Sep 2008
I didn't expected that kind of ending.
Jul 17, 2009 7:50 AM

Jan 2008
i've gotta say it was completely different from shakespeare's version i've watched several adaptations and to be hones this one intrigued me the most it made me wonder if they will die in the end even though i should know better.. the art everything its wonderful and i kinda like how juliet isnt just a damsel in distress
Jul 18, 2009 10:15 PM

Dec 2007
This anime was great! At first I hesitated before deciding to watch it, because I thought it was going to be lame and was going to be a tragedy, but wow this really amazed me! Romeo X Juliet is excellent! I give it at 10/10
Aug 25, 2009 3:36 AM

Aug 2008
Ending was awesome, i cried all the time <3333

10/10
*______________*
Sep 14, 2009 8:24 PM

Aug 2009
Really nice...though it could have been better...they could have lived somehow...oh well, it's every romeo and juliet's fate to die.

Yay for Cordelia and Benvolio's baby! And francisco in the keep, looking nice with the pony. sup with Curio!? O.o
And all the Tybalts from the previous episodes, put together, cannot exceed the hotn ess of the Tybalt in the ending in the white shirt on Cielo and riding with the kids!
<3

9/10 for me...for now.
Sep 17, 2009 3:50 PM
Jul 2008
I gotta say that the end was the only thing that was great. I didn't expect to cry, but I did... when Romeo was stabbed... didn't expected it... but I did :/

:/

Anyway, every episode up until this point was crap :/ For me it was full of *face/palm*s and *head/desk*s in <i>every</i> episode. Juliet did absolutely nothing. >_> I think she was too much of a damsel in distress >_< Not to mention the (to use an over-abused meme) OVER 9000 times in every episode when those 2 called each others name. Oh let's not forget that episode in which they said ther <i>full</i> names like 3 times >_<. The only thing I liked about the show was Willie with his craziness :X ... Not to mention the 3 bishounens Francisco, Curio and Tybalt *drowns in her own drool*... and if I liked shota, I would've like Antonio more XD
Oct 3, 2009 3:34 PM

Apr 2008
I'm rather disappointed. Not as disappointed as I expected to be in around ep 22 but still. I liked how Romeo fought against escalus but I dislike how Juliet in the end became escalus, even if it were for only a moment. I'm assuming that escalus died after Neo Verona hit the water.

I would have been happier if the island crashed into the sea. Juliet should have killed herself with Romeo's sword and killed the sprout with herself. Though I still think the whole thing would have been better if this whole escalus aspect had just never been introduced into the story.

End 7/10 because it was better than I expected

Over all 8/10 because this show could have been so much better.
Oct 12, 2009 4:23 PM

Apr 2009
I was crying my eyes out. I thought the ending was super sad, but then again I guess it was fitting considering how the play ended. I, personally, would have liked for them to live, but that's just me, lover of all happy endings.
Oct 24, 2009 5:29 PM

Sep 2008
I... somehow expected some cheesy miracle to occur, which would bring Romeo back to life, but there wasn't one. :D No it would not be Romeo x Juliet without them both dying.

And they even died in the right sort of order... First Juliet's seemingly "dead", only unconscious as the tree thing, then Romeo dies, and then Juliet gives in and dies.

What happened to Tybalt though?! XD

It was a fair ending, to say the least. I enjoyed the beginning of the series the most, probably.

7/10 for me.
Dec 6, 2009 1:08 AM
Dec 2008
For me this is as good as the original shakespeare version
Dec 27, 2009 1:07 PM

Jun 2009
Fairly, I'm not in delight. It is a lot of absurd, silly behaviour of rersons, but yhere are nice moments too. Winged horses, for example, were pleasant, and I like epizode withRomeo and Juliette's first meeting.
Actually the plot was bad, Shakespeare in a coffin turns over. Br.. About the final - the final is good, becouse I was afraid of happy-end. Destinies of minor heroes please. Willi's new hair is nice)) By the way, the image of Romeo and Juliette was not pleasant to me. It seems to me that Romeo should exchange appearance with Francisco or Tybalt, and Juliette - with Cordelia.
Jun 1, 2010 3:39 PM

Aug 2007
What a shoddy mess. Out of all the pointless episodes in this anime--Romeo at those ridiculous mines and every single scene with Mercutio or Cordelia--this has got to be the most stupid. Romeo (and for that matter, all of them) is a dumbass. Sacrificing the people of the world to save your love might sound good ~romantically, but it's just lame to make it seem like he was the hero destroying Ophelia, who was trying to preserve the world. Besides, Juliet was ready to give herself up. By her giving her life up in the end anyway AFTER Romeo died--and after that useless battle--it just made 70% of the entire episode POINTLESS.

The only good thing about this episode was "You Raise Me Up" finally being played. And Tybalt living or something.

lol, I can't believe some people wanted them to live... Romeo and Juliet has always been and always will be a tragedy.
Jun 19, 2010 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
bwahah, I agree that RxJ is, and will always be, a tragedy. In my opinion, Shakespeare would have been spinning in his grave if he saw this bastardization of his play. Yeah, there was a lot of good in it but the ending was a bit to much and didn't have the lesson that RxJ's death did in the play. When you kill off both families the story just dies.

The only plothole that had been giving me problems was why nobody in Neo-Verona couldn't see that they were a floating island. Nobody had the smarts to travel and see the edges?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 20, 2010 3:34 AM

Apr 2008
hate the ending :(
Jul 13, 2010 8:57 PM

May 2010
I felt the ending was fairly well done and a good wrap-up to a solid series. Making them live would get rid of the whole tragic aspect the title is so well known for and I was also glad that their deaths were not portrayed as the original "OMG, you're dead, I'll kill myself too for no reason" from the play. It seemed a bit more mature in the fact that they died to protect others instead of just using their angst as a reason. Also, the way the last scene shows their ghosts standing in front of the tree holding hands also seems to lighten the depressing tone of the ending. It shows that even in death, they are happy because they are together and the supporting characters acknowledge that fact too.
Jul 23, 2010 3:30 AM
Mar 2009
I wonder who became the Grand Duke?

All the characters were well done, and I loved each of them. Loved the ending too, it couldn't end any other way considering the anime series.

Irises were used too much.. it was good to see that Curio had a vase of roses and irises together at the end.. and I was hoping to see more Benvolio - Romeo friendship. Did they even see each other after Benvolio told him that he's alive?

Anyways.. was a good one.
tuonelaJul 23, 2010 4:00 AM
Aug 2, 2010 7:04 AM

Jun 2007
bliepbliepbliep said:
First it all seemed like it was for nothing o_o Okay... Juliet wanted to sacrifice herself so that Neo Verona could keep existing. Romeo didn't want that, because it wouldn't be right for her to take all the sins upon herself. So he tried to stop her. Then he died. Then Juliet did wanted to sacrifice herself, which Romeo wanted to stop her for... Wait... Okay, it was okay. *confused*

This bothered me, too.

Part me thought it was good for Romeo to show how selfish love is; his willingness to let the world be destroyed if it meant spending more time with his love highlighting this and, in a way, being touching.

Another part of found it silly that Romeo fought so hard against the protector of the floating continent, after the protector got transformed from some kind of holy tree maiden into a sinister looking, lesbian villain, with a kissing technique that makes even women in love submit... and then Juliet just went along with the original plan anyway, following Romeo 'saving' her.

The last DVD/six episodes let the series down. Tybalt went from a self-absorbed, vengeful, vicious guy... into Juliet's caring friend, and a man willing to let his hate go; instead opting to fly children on dragons. The war was, basically, over in one episode - a few Capulets on the run somehow turning into an army and, suddenly, being able to win by just charging at Neo Verona. Cordeila mentioned getting proposed to and then got married in the same episode. Etc, etc. It was all so chaotic and rushed, with the world also JUST SO HAPPENING to be ending at around the same time, that it wasted the excellent build-up that went before.

A lot of people were probably offended by RxJ only keeping the main theme of pure, doomed love and then going down the Spirit's Within path, but it isn't as if Gonzo were obligated to be faithful and the end result wasn't at all bad. Ignoring the fact that no-one had bothered to fly below the clouds, the fantasy elements added a lot visually, and in terms of the mood. It's only purists that seem to complain about Tybalt not dying and whatnot, and that's because no-one else cares.

What DID disappoint me about Tybalt was that he and Romeo never had a showdown. When Romeo saw him hugging Juliet early on and misunderstood, I thought it was obvious that they'd have a fight to the death over her, if not their father, and reading the Wiki summary of the play, where I believe it's mentioned that Romeo killed him, has made me even more disappointed.

My only other major disappoint is that Romeo ended the series as a boy; him not having made Juliet into a woman. Pure love and all the rest is heartwarming, but even in the original work they had sex, and left their relationship as kind of incomplete for him not to have made her his. Body and soul, and all the rest...

...Anyhow, there was a lot I liked about the show. In fact, I came close to making it a favourite, before the final disc. I liked how Juliet's balancing act of love and responsibility was shown, and I liked how Romeo got to experience firsthand the differences between nobles and commoners, following his exile. A good job was done of developing the leads, overall... although Juliet could have used a little more since, compared to Romeo, she didn't experience enough. And Romeo's dad is now one of my favourite truly evil/bad villains - I LOVED his voice/scary expressions. His murderous bit in episode 17 was EPIC.

One other thing: The Funimation dub is a MUST. Funimation rewrote the script to better match the original play; reusing some lines and using old English. It gave a classier feel to the story that it lacked with the far more straightforward Japanese version.
AironicallyHumanAug 2, 2010 7:08 AM
Sep 17, 2010 12:47 PM
Jul 2010
I surprisingly enjoyed the ending. After watching episode 23 I thought it would be crap but it ended up being good enough. For some moments I thought there was gonna be a happy ending and I'm glad I was wrong. Yes, it was sad but the original story is a tragedy and I'm glad they kept it that way. I'm disappointed for not crying. It was so sad but for some reason I just couldn't cry. Wired thing :/

Overall, I enjoyed this series. A major deviation from the original play's plot is not a problem for me and I liked the job they did. However, it was nothing that great either. I've been trying to decide myself if I would give this a 7/10 or a 8/10 throughout the series and know that it's over I guess it deserves a 8/10.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 2 Discussion

itainteazy - Apr 16, 2007

29 by brokeweeb123 »»
Sep 9, 2022 5:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.