Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2013 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IT'S TIME TO COOK.

I thought the latest episode was alright. Ah Chisaki, you need to control your emotions a bit better. Run Hikari, run! Dat embrace.

Nov 28, 2013 5:58 AM
Dec 2012
Seems like something bad is gonna happen. Tsunami?
Nov 28, 2013 8:28 AM

Dec 2011
And so it begins.

Well, things have really started to fall apart now. They're banned from the surface, and the surface hasn't been told about why. Nor have they, yet. The Ofunehiki seems like it may not be completed. Constant, heavy salt fall in the village, and noone leaving their houses.

Conflict between Chisaki and Tsumugu as well, although if Chisaki doesn't go to the surface that won't be relevant. Although of course that isn't going to happen now is it?
Hikari has returned to the village more in anger than anything else, despite having been worried earlier about his father.
Manaka has just effectively rejected Hikari as well. Although she was the one who offered to return with him. And she was the one who broke the curfew to come and find him.
Kaname finally shows his feelings a bit again. He keeps them hidden a lot.

And those snippets from Uroko at the end, in the preview of the next episode...
kuuderes_shadowNov 28, 2013 8:35 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 28, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2013
So everyone in Shioshishio is banned from going to the surface. Guessing it has something with Uroko-sama and the Sea God.

Poor Hikari. Man, when Manaka pushed him off of her.. that had to hurt inside.

I really liked the little intro to the ED song. Sounded nice.
Nov 28, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2010
So there are no friendly hugs in the Shioshishio community? How did Manaka know that it was a 'that' kind of hug?
We finally get to see Kaname's feelings little by little.
Nov 28, 2013 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
I'm so glad this is 26 episodes. Awesome ep
Nov 28, 2013 8:54 AM

Jul 2012
some nice moments between Hikari and Manaka in this episode, the hug was nice, then she throws him off of her, things are gonna be awkward between them now

so apparently the sea adults aren't gonna tell the surface people what they know? I think that's messed up. looks like the kids will probably have to tell them, they'll probably tell Tsumugu
Nov 28, 2013 9:00 AM

May 2013
Felt bad for Hikari getting pushed by Manaka when he was hugging her. Some conflict happening between Chisaki and Tsugumu. This is getting good.
Nov 28, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2012
Hopefully a lot gets explained next episode. Preview said a cold is coming to the surface that the humans won't be able to handle..ice age?! Lol. Maybe a huge blizzard is coming.
Really Felt bad for Hikari.
Nov 28, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
That was an awesome episode. The relationships are getting more tense than ever.

Kaname is revealing his feelings a bit more now as it was quite apparent he likes Chisaki more than the normal "like" from this ep...Also seems he's got a loli with a thing for him like Hikari too XD

Her interactions with Tsumugu are always nice to see. That Tsumugu is definitely interesting. I can't predict who he'll end up with if he does.

And again, loving Hikari's development a lot now. Poor him though. He couldn't resist Manaka anymore. with the seductive shots they gave of her and how she treated him, no wonder XD He knew that his care for her and her care for him are different but he couldn't do it. Dat Hug! <3...And Dat rejection. Poor guy.

Then shit gets real with him being cornered. And nxt eps pv still shows him looking at Manaka like "that" XD...Boys never know when to give up XD

So for now it's Sayu>Kaname>Chisaki>Hikari>Manaka>Tsumugu XD Well let's not count the lolis for now since there's no way they're gonna be taken seriously XD...Or will they O_o? XD I like Miuna a lot though, maybe best girl for me XD

I gotta admit I can't see the ending one bit. With the way things are going any guy can end up with any of the girls which is interesting ^^
Nov 28, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2012
God Hikari. dat rejection at the end.
Nov 28, 2013 9:30 AM

Oct 2013
Weirdly, when Hikari was hugging Mana, I thought is it the right time? Shouldn't you be swimming away...

Tsumugu, hmm, can't wait to see his story.
Nov 28, 2013 9:34 AM
May 2011
I don't know about others but in all this story the tension between Chisaki and Tsumugu is the most interesting. It would be a very good pair. But the pair between Hikari and Manaka would be a disaster in any case. Childhood friends, blablabla.
Nov 28, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2010
Hikari x Manaka episode.

:) that hug! poor guy.

Anyone else hoping for a few year time skip? And then few years later, the meeting with the surface people happens again~
Nov 28, 2013 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
heiqi1hu said:

Tsumugu, hmm, can't wait to see his story.

I'd completely forgotten about that with everything else that happened. 9 years old, ran away from his parents to live with his grandfather. Was it really just a love of the sea?

Lylaaz said:
Anyone else hoping for a few year time skip? And then few years later, the meeting with the surface people happens again~

No thanks. It wouldn't really be appropriate. Obviously it couldn't happen right now, and I can't see it as fitting in in the future either. The crisis is happening now.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 28, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
Hikari's internal conflict was interesting despite his "I'm gonna support her" claim previous episode.

That ending was Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Hopefully, they resolve "hug" incident and come clear with each other.

and Kaname's true feelings emerge a little, knew he won't be on neutral grounds for much long.
Nov 28, 2013 10:12 AM
Mar 2013
The Reason why Manaka pushed Hikari?

1. She really likes Tsumugu thus pushed him ( I really hope this is not it though )
2. She thought about Chisaki thus pushed him
3. reply your opinion
Nov 28, 2013 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
Ichiro_Kobayashi said:

1. She really likes Tsumugu thus pushed him ( I really hope this is not it though )
3. reply your opinion

Hikari is friendzoned, Manaka likes Tsumugu, that's why she pushed him, I think

But "She thought about Chisaki thus pushed him" that's actually possible, I hope it was because of that instead
Nov 28, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
Poor Hikari.

I think Manaka pushed him because of Chisaki... Because I don't feel like like she fully understand what she is feeling for Tsumugu (but it could have been a instinctive reaction, then), and she said that people who cared for each other should show it to each other blah blah blah. Damn Manaka! If you care for Hikari, just don't be a dick like this!

Aaaah. I'm feeling REALLY bad for Hikari.
Nov 28, 2013 10:44 AM
Oct 2012
can someone explain where in the episode it reveals that Kaname likes Chisaki

It looked to me like he was just worried about her, which fits his current character
Nov 28, 2013 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, a bit of a cliffhanger ending. Also poor Hikari, following his feelings and being clearly rejected like that.

edit: Oh yeah tsumugu stfu.

Nov 28, 2013 11:06 AM
Apr 2012
I thought this episode went along pretty well. Finally got to see Kaname's feelings through his neutral facade. I think I'm the only person who was happy with Manaka pushing back Hikari... I prefer the pairing of Manaka and Tsumugu so that was pretty good for me, really liking the tension this anime gives off.
Nov 28, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
I fucking hate Manaka and every other character. Except Hikari.

Ok then now Tsumugu feels something for Chisaki? Kaname feels something for Chisaki, Chisaki feels something for Hikari but she's too retarded to do something about it. Chisaki might develop something for Tsumugu, Hikari feels something for Manaka, Manaka feels something for Tsumugu but she's too damn immature. STOOOOOOOOP

Is this "Beautiful" the soap opera?

The only thing that keeps my interest is this cataclysm thing which might kill somebody.
(And Hikari of course)
AkanezoraNov 28, 2013 11:52 AM
Nov 28, 2013 11:42 AM
Nov 2012
This show would be so much better if Tsugumu wasn't some depressed, expresionless, philosophical cunt that thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
Nov 28, 2013 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
Tsumugu is like the prophet/adviser of the story
everybody goes to him for the 'right' insight
Nov 28, 2013 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
Hikari was rejected by her, dang.

Great episode!!!
Nov 28, 2013 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
So it seems like some sort of a 'ice ageish' climate thing? I assume it would be colder than something like the little ice age* but I guess well see.. Something tells me well find both sides (even if not everyone) working to find a mutual solution .. and have it found by 26 ;) [and that goes for the relationships too haha]

---------------

GateLambda said:
This show would be so much better if Tsugumu wasn't some depressed, expresionless, philosophical cunt that thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Well seeing as he has been able to sort of see through a lot more than the others - especially Hikari.. give him a break - im sure like our 'prick to prince' (Hikari) he has his own story and development. And he seems to be in the 'adviser' role more than any other role at present in several bits of the story so far..
Nov 28, 2013 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
Like everyone else....wow that sucks for Hikari. I know how bad that rejection feels.

Also, getting really bad vibes about Ofunehiki (the young girl sacrifice), with Manaka holding the Ojoshi's head in front of her face, and also the ED with her sitting frozen with an hourglass besides her..........
Nov 28, 2013 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Friendzoned
Nov 28, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode...... but
POOR HIKARI!
Nov 28, 2013 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
OMGGGGG POOR HIKARI, why baka Manaka?!
AND YES! am i the only one who thinks Kaname should end up with chisaki? He knows she likes Hikari, continues to support her, while hiding his feelings for her inside.
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Nov 28, 2013 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
Ohhh, things are getting rather interesting.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 28, 2013 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
Nice episode.Hope next ine is even better.
Nov 28, 2013 1:47 PM
Feb 2008
Every time I'm telling myself I'll drop this show but I never manage.
Nov 28, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Seriously Manaka is always so annoying.Im really trying to like her, but i just can't.
Me wants Chisaki x Hikari.

Before i realized this anime became one of my favs from this season...and to think that i didnt really like it this much at beginning.
incompleteAEGISNov 28, 2013 4:21 PM
Nov 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2012
Ichiro_Kobayashi said:

3. reply your opinion

Guess number 2 is likely to be the reason..
Keep moving forward
Nov 28, 2013 2:08 PM

Mar 2009
Nooo, Manaka why did you push him?! Poor Hikari. Well, it's understandable since Manaka was taken by surprise. I think Hikari really should have controlled his feelings given the panicked state Manaka was in. Forcing himself on her wasn't smart. Perhaps now Manaka will think of Hikari differently, though. Still shipping the shit out of them.

I really dislike Chisaki. She forcibly tries to grow up while not even being anywhere near as mature as Tsumugu, and lashes out on him for not beating around the bush. Kaname is actually kind of frightening in that he seems like the passive-aggressive type. He'd probably be a yandere if we were watching some other anime.

I don't particularly appreciate the complicatedness of the love... triangle? Pentagon? I don't know. Right now, we've got the Miuna and Chisaki (who's liked by her two classmates and Kaname, who's liked by Sayu) liking Hikari, who likes Manaka, who likes Tsumugu. It doesn't add a lot of character development, and serves mostly as distractions to the primary love interests. I'm hoping for Chisaki x Kaname and Hikari x Manaka. Tsumugu x no one, please; the writers have done nothing to make him remotely interesting or likeable.
Nov 28, 2013 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Ichiro_Kobayashi said:

3. reply your opinion

While both 1 and 2 are possible, I think it's mostly just surprise, like Keilis said. A hug seems like a reasonable gesture to show support in such an uncertain situation, but Manaka wouldn't be used to receiving such overt affectionate gestures from Hikari, so she probably had no idea how to react.

GateLambda said:

lol yeah I've been thinking that since episode 4. Thankfully these last few episodes it's been surprisingly easy to pretend that he isn't part of the story. Maybe hearing his full backstory can make him more tolerable.
Nov 28, 2013 2:35 PM

May 2012
Great episode. Looks like things are about to go down with the sea and the surface. Poor Hikari. Rejected by the one you love. Something you can't easily get over. Can't wait till next episode.
Nov 28, 2013 2:36 PM
Nov 2013
Chisaki x Kaname x Hikari and Manaka . Nobody Tsumugu x totally ridiculous pairings of these childish people .
How are people who think small She has worked and has no life .
Hikari is the worst MC I've ever seen thick, uneducated , grumpy summarizing ridiculous enough to give disgust he deserves to end up alone .
Kaname character latte if you take the story does not matter any more there are people who think that by being sea worthy Chisaki .
Chisaki one ridiculous as childish as Manaka , does not accept the truth and live in a world of illusion.
Kids Manaka more and live on the moon . Mai had a great attitude to the ridiculous regeitar Hikari .
Tsumugu best character of the show and always serious connoisseur of all , unlike other has a serious behavior and always speaks the truth .
There's a lot of people who think just because it's childhood friend or live in the sea they should end up together, lamentable , when love and passion come whether it's childhood friend from the same place , love is unpredictable hour or chooses not place.
Nov 28, 2013 2:46 PM
Nov 2013
Antearion said:
Great episode. Looks like things are about to go down with the sea and the surface. Poor Hikari. Rejected by the one you love. Something you can't easily get over. Can't wait till next episode.

Pobre Hikari porque? Ninguém é obrigado a gostar de uma pessoa so porque ela gosta de você.
Exemplo: Uma menina gosta de mim, Mais eu não gosto dela, só porque ela gosta de mim eu sou obrigado a gostar dela.
95% dos comentarios sobre este anime são infantis de mais, e mecanicos tipo robotizado, A tem que fica com B, sempre as mesmismes infantilidades.

Mod Edit: Google translate version follows. Please use English for all posts.
Poor Hikari why? No one is required to like a person only because she likes you.
Example: A girl like me, But I do not like her just because she likes me I'm bound to like her.
95% of comments on this anime are kids of all mechanical and robotic type A has that B gets, always mesmismes childish.

rodacNov 28, 2013 10:44 PM
Nov 28, 2013 2:51 PM
Mar 2013
I'm wondering why anybody would hate this episode... Tsumugu x Manaka hardcore shippers i guess... (I'm fine with Tsumugu and Hikari, though I'm leaning toward Hikari more so).

with the introduction of Tsumugu's past life, I'm sure we'll see more in the future of his past.

Hikari is controlling himself really hard as I can see. (Though I remind myself these are middle schoolers until my 'those feelz' mood takes over and pushes those thoughts out). If i was manaka, I'd have thought it would've been a comforting hug (Unless they didn't show up a screen of Hikari groping her but, which probably didn't happen)

Final thoughts: The intro song where Hikari hugs Manaka is so beautiful, like episode 7 when Aki and Hikari leave the sea.

THE LOVE TRIANGLES ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!
Miuna? Or blonde girl like Kaname who most likely likes Chisaki. Tsumugu and Chisaki have the potential to like eachother. Tsumugu is being poker face towards Manaka so we don't know how it'll play out. Manaka likes Tsumugu who we may or may not know that Hikari likes her. Hikari likes Manaka but is liked by Miuna? or dark haired girl and Chisaki... And thus this was born:

THE HEPTAGON TRIANGLE!!! (7 people are involved)
Nov 28, 2013 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
Hikari....you just got REJECTED!!!!

hahahaha, Tsugumu is still in the lead for Manaka.
Nov 28, 2013 4:13 PM

Jan 2011
cant get enough of the animation art. this all looks so beautiful. *_* and manakas voice is really cute!! great emotional stuff again! no epispde is weak. fantastic show.
Nov 28, 2013 4:32 PM
Dec 2012
We all know about that rejection... xD I sorta mentally teared up cause of that...
The feels are too real...oh man... If i was "Hii-Kun"... I'd be so sad...
Then with his dad showing up.... WOOOO!!!!
Oh man... things are getting intense... Really liekd this episode

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What if Tsumugu likes Chiisaki?
I'm Just saying if ...(imagine) that would be a good plot twist...
Nov 28, 2013 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
So Tsumugubro likes fatty chisaki? Who would have thought, huh?
Nov 28, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
Don't worry Hikari. Forget about Manaka and you can become dolicon instead.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 28, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
Don't take this seriously but I think some possible ending to this story is either Manaka end up with Tsumugu, Hikari and Chisaki, Kaname probably end up with someone else... Or Manaka end up with Hikari, Chisaki and Tsumugu, Kaname probably end up with someone else... And lastly Manaka end up with Hikari, Chisaki and Kaname, Tsumugu end up with someone else...
Nov 28, 2013 5:54 PM

Mar 2011
Poor hikari
I can't really helped but to hate manaka even though she didn't do anything wrong

and dawd manaka get a clue already(and it's your fault for crying liek a baby ;p) !!
chisaki needs to give hikari a hint too

and lol tsumugu's godly coincidence is really epic... always appearing when he is needed or if he needs to troll

Nov 28, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2010
HiIII-kkUUNnN!! How did one of the most annoying characters [at the beginning] become my favourite???
He is just too cute and ughhhhH...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.