Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 1, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
i said he was exposed to the pressure of the en ...if he came on contact with it ..he would have died instantly before the ants could kill him

he was in zetsu state...really a lot of you guys didn't learn shit from heavens arena arc
+
how can you call someone coward and he infiltrated to a place filled with demons ..and he has no idea when the 2 km -en- will be activated again.
Dec 1, 2013 1:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nope- said:

ibrahim2712 said:
SetsukoHara said:

Bullcrap, he was never in contact with Pouf's en. He was probably as close to it as Komugi, and yet she didn't shit her pants.
You guys have to accept he's just a coward.

How the hell is he a coward. He completed the mission. He did his fucking job, so tell me how the fuck is he a coward.

Again, if you were in his shoes you would of shit your pants and ran before you were even at the castle. So quit acting like your a fucking badass because your not.
Calm down you butthurt aspie.
He's a coward as I said before, he could've gone further into the Palace and added a lot more exits but when he saw Pitous aura he started whimpering and just put a exit where he started cowering and thought of the worst case scenarios like what cowards tend to.

Please, don't use that "If that was you would x!!" argument since this is anime, not a story based on true events.

What do you mean he could have gone further?? If he did he would have been caught, the royal guards are faster than him if he got caught the entire mission would be screwed. So no he couldn't have gone further.

Coward: a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

He endured it and he completed the mission. If he abandoned the mission and didn't get as close as possible without getting caught then he would have been a coward. But he got as close as possible he couldn't gone any further.

Even if he had literally no fear of getting caught, that exact spot is still as far as he could have gone without getting caught and ruining the plan for the rest. He did his job entirely so your just making shit up.
Dec 1, 2013 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Nope- said:

He's a coward as I said before, he could've gone further into the Palace and added a lot more exits but when he saw Pitous aura he started whimpering and just put a exit where he started cowering and thought of the worst case scenarios like what cowards tend to.

Please, don't use that "If that was you would x!!" argument since this is anime, not a story based on true events.

You're full of crap, had he went up the stairs, Shauapouf would have felt him, he'd be captured before he could even set up a portal, be tortured for information (they dont even need to torture him, just go directly to his brain), and then killed. He made the right choice, induced by fear or not.
Dec 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
Nope- said:
kitosama said:
for the last time the man was in zetsu state when exposed to the pressure of pouf's en.
Except he wasn't.

ibrahim2712 said:
SetsukoHara said:

Bullcrap, he was never in contact with Pouf's en. He was probably as close to it as Komugi, and yet she didn't shit her pants.

How the hell is he a coward. He completed the mission. He did his fucking job, so tell me how the fuck is he a coward.

Again, if you were in his shoes you would of shit your pants and ran before you were even at the castle. So quit acting like your a fucking badass because your not.
Calm down you butthurt aspie.

hhhhhhhhh do you even know what is -en-??
and f.w.i. it was pouf's- en- not pitou's.
Dec 1, 2013 1:53 PM

Nov 2012
ValeBreck said:
SetsukoHara said:
kitosama said:
for the last time the man was in zetsu state when exposed to the pressure of pouf's en..that's the reason for the mental breakdown.
regular hunters would die under the same circumstances.

Komugi is blind, she doesn't know that the King and the other royal guards are chimera ants and she doesn't know nen, that's why she isn't afraid. Just think about those other players in the palace, they were shitting their pants and one of them even commited suicide because of the pressure.

SergioSource said:
Nope- said:

You're full of crap, had he went up the stairs, Shauapouf would have felt him, he'd be captured before he could even set up a portal, be tortured for information (they dont even need to torture him, just go directly to his brain), and then killed. He made the right choice, induced by fear or not.
Friendship is magic

kitosama said:
Go rewatch the episode.
Dec 1, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
SergioSource said:
Nope- said:

And then his portals would go Shaia-poof.

Also, on top of Gungi girl being blind, I doubt she can use Zetsu to fully conceive the presence around her.
GalekCDec 1, 2013 2:04 PM
Dec 1, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
Nope- said:
ValeBreck said:
SetsukoHara said:
kitosama said:
for the last time the man was in zetsu state when exposed to the pressure of pouf's en..that's the reason for the mental breakdown.
regular hunters would die under the same circumstances.

Komugi is blind, she doesn't know that the King and the other royal guards are chimera ants and she doesn't know nen, that's why she isn't afraid. Just think about those other players in the palace, they were shitting their pants and one of them even commited suicide because of the pressure.

SergioSource said:
Nope- said:

Friendship is magic

kitosama said:
Go rewatch the episode.

no...you go rewatch the whole serie.
Dec 1, 2013 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
@Nope Ep. 105 Neferpitou clearly states she needs a lot of aura to heal Kings hand and Shaiapouf says he will be on watching duty although his En is not as powerful as Pitou's.

"Please, don't use that "If that was you would x!!" argument since this is anime, not a story based on true events."

Actually where do you think inspiration and traits of personalities of characters come form if not from real life? It might not be based on true events but especially in HxH which uses psychological factor on every corner and realistic characters your point isn't valid.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 1, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
soundscape said:
@Nope Ep. 105 Neferpitou clearly states she needs a lot of aura to heal Kings hand and Shaiapouf says he will be on watching duty although his En is not as powerful as Pitou's.
But there was no such implication that the En was the reason for Knov breaking down, except for when he saw Pitous Aura from he/she activated Dr. Blythe

soundscape said:
"Please, don't use that "If that was you would x!!" argument since this is anime, not a story based on true events."

Actually where do you think inspiration and traits of personalities of characters come form if not from real life? It might not be based on true events but especially in HxH which uses psychological factor on every corner and realistic characters your point isn't valid.
If you're trying to imply that these characters were based from actual characters then lol.
If not, what I am trying to say is that using the self-insert argument on how I would handle a situation tends to be a unwitty and a ridiculous argument
Dec 1, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
Nope- said:
soundscape said:
But there was no such implication that the En was the reason for Knov breaking down, except for when he saw Pitous Aura from he/she activated Dr. Blythe

soundscape said:

If you're trying to imply that these characters were based from actual characters then lol.
If not, what I am trying to say is that using the self-insert argument on how I would handle a situation tends to be a unwitty and a ridiculous argument

Again it was Shaiapouf's En that Knov felt on the stair's not Pitou's. No there was no such implication we just assume that from what we see and know.

No it is not based on actual characters but on traits of personalities from people of the real world. The right answer if you asked me what would I do in this situation is "I don't know." If I said I would be a badass stay calm and endanger my life and conquer my fear because I was a professional hunter and had experience it would be a lie. First of all it's the first time people come across with new species and aura like Chimera Ant and as humans you know it well that we tend to fear the unknown, it's biological and in our DNA(and makes sense if you think about it). Knov might have claimed otherwise to Killua but he wasn't at his shoes and didn't know. If he is a coward or not it's for you to judge everyone have their own opinion.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 1, 2013 4:15 PM

May 2013
Poor Shaiapouf, Neferpitou fanboys are denying him of his feat :p

Yes Knov wasn't in Shaiapouf En range but he could feel how strong the aura was and that broke his will. Is it something the hero would do ...No. But its unfair to say that he is a coward because unlike the others, his mission was a suicide mission. Both Knov and Palm are beast for accepting a mission like this.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 1, 2013 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
Again, anime fans love their favorite characters to stay cool, calm and emotionless no matter what. (Unless it involves love and friendship where they are allowed to cry or go all mushy mushy)

It's also funny that they compare A Royal Guard En with Hisoka's Aura.

I mean, Hisoka is a bad-arse powerful character with a powerful Nen, (and he knows how to cleverly use it too) but...
It will be like comparing Yamcha's life energy and Goku's life energy.
Well maybe not Yamcha... probably Tenshinhan.
Dec 1, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Its funny because Hisoka
Dec 1, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
The_Mad_Wizard said:

Was I comparing their nen auras power? Was I saying that Hisokas Aura is on par with Pitou? No, I was talking about the way Hisoka used his nen and an example of how he used it
I just love how much you can read.

The_Mad_Wizard said:
I mean, Hisoka is a bad-arse powerful character with a powerful Nen, (and he knows how to cleverly use it too) but...
Please, let's not even go there. You've already seen how Morel mentioned that it doesn't matter how strong someones Aura can be because it doesn't prove anything then just the fact they have a massive amount of aura because anything can happen in a fight between nen users.
Dec 2, 2013 1:39 AM

Sep 2011
The comparison is about the amount of aura, how malicious it is and its mental and emotional effects to Nen users with or without nen protection. Not a real-time battle situation.

We're still talking about cool Knov being coward and a pussy because of an aura that he never touched, right?
The_Mad_WizardDec 2, 2013 1:45 AM
Dec 2, 2013 11:32 AM
Nov 2012
This episode shows how fearsome the royal guard is. Knov, who is normally so calm and composed had a breakdown, makes me wonder how Gon and Killua felt when they saw Pitou for the first time. I wonder how Morel will fare against that Ant (Leol was it?). Excited for next week's episode.
Dec 2, 2013 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Personally, I felt Knov's reaction was a bit over-exaggerated - Neferpitou's aura is the most evil on Earth, I get it - otherwise this was another great episode. You could feel the tension building in the atmosphere.
Dec 2, 2013 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
Mangas reader:
GuilekDec 2, 2013 12:19 PM
Dec 2, 2013 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
lolfail @ all the "Knov's a pussy" comments.

He got the job done, and got the FUCK out of town. That's what he was SUPPOSED to do. Go up the stairs? Why the fuck would he do that? Nevermind the aura, he already knew what was up--he had NO chance and the only thing he would've done is spill EVERYTHING about the mission. He knew all about Pitou's ability from trying to save Kite.

Also: Please don't tell me we're holding up Killua and Gon as examples of what should be. Gon fails and Killua's following him because that's the only person who doesn't see him as a monster. Gon stood his ground against Pitou? Who the fuck cares, he would've gotten died worse than Kite, even with that super saiyan aura.

Zetsu state isn't meant to come into contact with ANY nen--remember what happened to Gon when he was fighting the guy with the spin tops? It wasn't supposed to do that level of damage but with zetsu activated he was defenseless. Going up against an aura that's completely sociopathic and murderous like Pouf's in Zetsu state must've been (well...it WAS) spirit-shattering.

Also until I see someone that's quantifiably weaker beat someone who's stronger, Morel's full of shit. The only reason he was able to beat Cheetu is because, like he said: Cheetu's a fucking idiot. He WASTED a tremendous amount of Nen on techniques that ran so far counter to his natural traits, he might as well have been a student of the Kastro School of How NOT to use Nen.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 2, 2013 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
johnnybravado said:
Personally, I felt Knov's reaction was a bit over-exaggerated - Neferpitou's aura is the most evil on Earth, I get it - otherwise this was another great episode. You could feel the tension building in the atmosphere.
Knov came across Pouf/Pufu's aura, not Pitou's.
Dec 3, 2013 5:49 AM

May 2013
Nope- said:
The_Mad_Wizard said:

Was I comparing their nen auras power? Was I saying that Hisokas Aura is on par with Pitou? No, I was talking about the way Hisoka used his nen and an example of how he used it
I just love how much you can read.

The_Mad_Wizard said:
Please, let's not even go there. You've already seen how Morel mentioned that it doesn't matter how strong someones Aura can be because it doesn't prove anything then just the fact they have a massive amount of aura because anything can happen in a fight between nen users.

Morel was shocked AF when Netero said that Pitou was stronger than him and Netero biased this on Pitou's En range. A strong/huge aura is a major adventage, the other nen user can only overcome that by using a solid battle plan. Thats why Knov performers was so important for the succes of this mission, thats why Kurapika took down Uvo who was a aura monster.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 3, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
Shaiapouf's aura*
Dec 3, 2013 11:54 PM
Sep 2013
Candor said:
AVKV said:
There was one thing that I didn't like about this episode and it probably was just me. I never read the Hunter X Hunter manga. First of all, the voice actor of Knov was amazing. The only thing that disappointed me was that Knov was such a pussy in this episode. I never read the manga but I thought he would be some kind of badass.
The only real badasses in this arc are gonna be the old men (Netero and the old "friends" he mentioned. < well he mentioned a friend, but that friend will bring another friend)

Netero and friends first sighting in 3-4 episodes. GET HYPE!
CresherhsmDec 4, 2013 2:16 AM
Dec 4, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
His mental breakdown was too much.. Should have been toned down a bit.
Dec 4, 2013 1:45 PM
Apr 2013
To those saying Knov's breakdown was exaggerated...well, take this from Knov's point of view. He's a badass professional Hunter, one of the best. Always keeping his cool, always being in control of the situation...and then, he's faced with a situation he can't handle. He sees something no different from Hell itself (going from Knov's description), he sees pure Evil. That would be a pretty damn...unsettling experience to say the least.
And he realizes he's too afraid to fight. In other words, Knov, one of the best Hunters there is, is unable to accomplish a mission because he's too scared. For somebody with Knov's personality, such a situation would be impossible to bear. And to add insult to the injury, Gon and Killua, two kids, who got their license and learned Nen less than a YEAR before, who have pretty much no experience, and who are much weaker than he is, were able to face that aura directly and still, they are able to keep fighting. Those two kids are mentally stronger than him, the top Hunter.
In short : traumatic experience + self-esteem broken in a thousand pieces = mental breakdown.
Dec 4, 2013 5:07 PM

Feb 2011
That was really tense. And wow, very impressive performance from Knov's seiyuu! That wasn't even Pitou, just Shaia. Hope Palm will be okay. I don't envy her.

Morel: "I have a hard time fighting others who share my tastes."

Lol you softie, just like your student eh.
眠れないのは君のせい
Dec 17, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
Dang so intense!!

Jan 5, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
His mental breakdown was too much.. Should have been toned down a bit.

Agreed, seemed pretty out of character.
Jan 9, 2014 3:41 AM

Jul 2013
I hate pervert characters except if hes the MC... but make it a side character and an old fucker to add up??? fuck! thats blood-boiling!!! good thing it can be used against him..

wtf did they do to Knov's character?? being afraid is understandable but man... he almost pissed his own pants.. he was one of the very few people who was sent to that mission together with Netero so he should be able to handle something like that..
Jan 9, 2014 7:15 AM

Oct 2013
PrimeX said:
I hate pervert characters except if hes the MC... but make it a side character and an old fucker to add up??? fuck! thats blood-boiling!!! good thing it can be used against him..

wtf did they do to Knov's character?? being afraid is understandable but man... he almost pissed his own pants.. he was one of the very few people who was sent to that mission together with Netero so he should be able to handle something like that..

He was chosen and sent because of his ability and how useful it is, we don't know how experienced he is or if he is of the strongest guys. There wasn't many choices to choose from and remember about the internal politics and politicians that wanted to assure their profitable outcomes? Draw your conclusions from this.
Jan 9, 2014 8:38 PM

Jul 2013
soundscape said:
PrimeX said:

He was chosen and sent because of his ability and how useful it is, we don't know how experienced he is or if he is of the strongest guys. There wasn't many choices to choose from and remember about the internal politics and politicians that wanted to assure their profitable outcomes? Draw your conclusions from this.
I don't know man but Knov's first appearance looked like hes someone strong and intimidating.. and like I said being afraid is understandable but I can't shake off the feeling that they rushed it.. all it took was to see that aura... come on he didn't even saw them
Jan 9, 2014 9:44 PM
Sep 2013
PrimeX said:
soundscape said:
PrimeX said:

I don't know man but Knov's first appearance looked like hes someone strong and intimidating.. and like I said being afraid is understandable but I can't shake off the feeling that they rushed it.. all it took was to see that aura... come on he didn't even saw them

Well, the reason Knov's shift in personality was so sudden is because it was the result of trauma and his reaction in episode 106 may come across as exaggerated but that's because he experienced a mental breakdown. He wasn't even in the best mental state to begin with, Pouf's aura was all it took to push him over the edge. In the end, strong Hunters are still humans who are capable of feeling fear and Knov is no exception.

You also need to understand that Knov's infiltration was a suicide mission. The chances of Knov coming out of that infiltration mission alive were abysmally low and I don't blame him for pissing his pants. He (1) went in blind not knowing how many enemies there were in the palace, (2) was aware that one wrong move (such as being seen by one ant) could be the end of him, (3) knew that the enemy was wicked (he saw what they did to Kite) and overwhelmingly superior, (4) was aware it might be a trap, (5) understood that Pitou's en could come back at any second and (6) carried the enormous burden of setting up several entrances as well as holding the success of the mission in his hands. This was obviously the hardest mission in Knov's career.

Nen-users are extremely rare in world of HxH and Hunters are even rarer (the latest arc puts the number of Hunters in the world at around 500 if my memory is right). As for Knov, we don't even know if he's strong in combat (I'm guessing he's considerably strong but not at the level of Morel) but we do know that his recon abilities are top notch. Either way, he's obviously one of the higher level Hunters since he was chosen by Netero. Given what we know about the world of HxH (the rarity of Hunters) and the fact that Knov is a top class Hunter, it's only logical to think that more often than not, Knov fights against people who are considerably weaker him in terms of strength and experience. So although Knov can definitely take on hard missions, they obviously aren't the norm. Furthermore, the Chimera Ants are monstrously strong opponents, the malice in their aura are far stronger than anyone in the world of HxH. When the next arc is over, we will learn where the Ants come from and their otherworldly strength will make a lot more sense.
Jan 12, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
Knov!!! :(
And from the preview, there seems to be more suffering on the way... :'(
Palm going into their base is really dangerous, and Lion guy seems like he's gonna be blastin' his music whilst fighting Morel XD
Jan 12, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
Cresherhsm said:
PrimeX said:
soundscape said:
PrimeX said:

Well, the reason Knov's shift in personality was so sudden is because it was the result of trauma and his reaction in episode 106 may come across as exaggerated but that's because he experienced a mental breakdown. He wasn't even in the best mental state to begin with, Pouf's aura was all it took to push him over the edge. In the end, strong Hunters are still humans who are capable of feeling fear and Knov is no exception.

You also need to understand that Knov's infiltration was a suicide mission. The chances of Knov coming out of that infiltration mission alive were abysmally low and I don't blame him for pissing his pants. He (1) went in blind not knowing how many enemies there were in the palace, (2) was aware that one wrong move (such as being seen by one ant) could be the end of him, (3) knew that the enemy was wicked (he saw what they did to Kite) and overwhelmingly superior, (4) was aware it might be a trap, (5) understood that Pitou's en could come back at any second and (6) carried the enormous burden of setting up several entrances as well as holding the success of the mission in his hands. This was obviously the hardest mission in Knov's career.

Nen-users are extremely rare in world of HxH and Hunters are even rarer (the latest arc puts the number of Hunters in the world at around 500 if my memory is right). As for Knov, we don't even know if he's strong in combat (I'm guessing he's considerably strong but not at the level of Morel) but we do know that his recon abilities are top notch. Either way, he's obviously one of the higher level Hunters since he was chosen by Netero. Given what we know about the world of HxH (the rarity of Hunters) and the fact that Knov is a top class Hunter, it's only logical to think that more often than not, Knov fights against people who are considerably weaker him in terms of strength and experience. So although Knov can definitely take on hard missions, they obviously aren't the norm. Furthermore, the Chimera Ants are monstrously strong opponents, the malice in their aura are far stronger than anyone in the world of HxH. When the next arc is over, we will learn where the Ants come from and their otherworldly strength will make a lot more sense.

+1 to that
Jan 12, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
Kyaa, the preview is so adorable! XD

Poor Knov, he was nearly to breakdown. I wonder if he'll of any use in the future fights ><
Jan 14, 2014 2:59 PM
Aug 2013
I dare anyone who can name another shonen to hold its own without the Main character at all,

this was amazing, the tension was handled perfectly, I can praise the directors as much as the writers all day long, this is more than what I expected when I started watching.

This is basically like a seinen dressed as a shonen, really mature.

THIS is like breaking bad of anime for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 10:45 AM
Oct 2009
I was just thinking how Knov reminds me of the butlers from Kuroshitsuji, but I guess it was by appearance only.. He's a pussy! wtf and remember how high and mighty him and Morel were when they first met Killua and Gon! HA! Weaklings!

But I was on the edge the whole time while Knov was infiltrating, I was sure the royal guard who can read thoughts would catch him! but I guess not~ I wanna see Killua and Gon beating up the crap out of Nerferpitou soon!!!!

Good luck, Palm!

Recalling the hat guy who was the first to be brain-manipulated by Neferpitou :( RIP
Jun 21, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
Them Knov feels. His voice acting was stellar this episode : almost shed a tear.

And clearly/hopefully all the "pussy" comments in the thread come from people who've never experienced or witnessed mental breakdown first hand, because that's pretty much what it does to you, regardless of who you are or how strong you appear to be. It renders you completely vulnerable, pathetic and unable to function.
Using Kite's or the boys reaction to Pitou's approach to judge how any experienced hunter should've reacted is also hella misguided. (1) Kite, unlike Knov, was not in Zetsu; (2) had he been alone he would've run away all the same; (3) it was heavily hinted at (even by Pitou after he/she killed him) that he was exceptional, even among the Hunters: while he lost to a Royal Guard, he was certainly able to hold his own against him/her for a while; (4) Kite being probably stronger-minded than Knov doesn't automatically make Knov a pussy for breaking down.
At the time of the Pitou encounter Killu would've taken Gon under his arm and run straight to fucking Jupiter if he had the chance, and don't even get me started on what would've happened to Gon's angry ass.

Of course Morau and Knov (more Morau than Knov tbh) would be scolding them: they had absolutely no idea of what the Royal Guards are capable of nor did it ever occured to them that such an unstoppable threat could even exist.

And more importantly, let's not forget that despite all that Knov got the fucking job done. Had he gone up the stairs, he would've been caught in Pouf's En so there was no point trying to go any further.

Man that wall of text.
SapewlothJun 21, 2014 5:28 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 21, 2014 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
What the hell man, you didn't comment on the King ripping his arm off in the last episode?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 21, 2014 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
What the hell man, you didn't comment on the King ripping his arm off in the last episode?
LOL, completely forgot to comment on episode 105.
Funnily enough, that was the scene that made Meruem jump in my esteem. More extreme gungi plz!

PS: his bishie voice is slowly starting to grow on me. Sort of fits him.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 21, 2014 2:54 AM

Jul 2013
Sapewloth said:
Of course Morau and Knov (more Morau than Knov tbh)
Morau?

Have you read the manga online, or something?
Jun 21, 2014 2:55 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I love how he realized that he tried to use a cheap tactic and then did that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 21, 2014 3:22 AM

Jan 2014
GalekC said:
Sapewloth said:
Of course Morau and Knov (more Morau than Knov tbh)
Morau?

Have you read the manga online, or something?
Nope, but that's clearly what I hear the characters say when they say his name. Also the French subs write it that way lol
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Jul 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
Another episode with high tension. Good pacing too
Jul 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
Not to take the punch out of it, but I think a lot of people are forgetting Knov was in Zetsu state. That makes you extremely vulnerable to aura. If he were able to even use Ten, I think he could have prevented himself from breaking down like that. As for the condescending tone he and Morel used with Gon and Kil before: they had no idea how dangerous the Royal Guard really are. Remember their reaction when Netero said Pitou('s aura) was stronger than him?

Still, I do think it says a lot about how well Kite handled the situation when he faced Pitou. Even with a lost arm, it's implied that Pitou had a hard time killing him. It takes an extraordinary Hunter to pull that off.

Those were some powerful scenes. I hope Knov can recover from it.

Morel's fight should be interesting.
Jul 2, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
Not to take the punch out of it, but I think a lot of people are forgetting Knov was in Zetsu state. That makes you extremely vulnerable to aura. If he were able to even use Ten, I think he could have prevented himself from breaking down like that.
Geez, man. I think you are one of the few people to actually work that out!
Jul 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
GalekC said:
TripleSRank said:
Not to take the punch out of it, but I think a lot of people are forgetting Knov was in Zetsu state. That makes you extremely vulnerable to aura. If he were able to even use Ten, I think he could have prevented himself from breaking down like that.
Geez, man. I think you are one of the few people to actually work that out!

Jul 2, 2014 2:44 PM

Nov 2011
mca said:
TripleSRank said:
Still, I do think it says a lot about how well Kite handled the situation when he faced Pitou. Even with a lost arm, it's implied that Pitou had a hard time killing him. It takes an extraordinary Hunter to pull that off.

Too bad we never saw the extent of both Kite and Pitou's abilities, even if for a brief moment. Kite might be extraordinary, but I suppose the time is better spent on more important characters like Cheetu, the ant who likes to play tag.

They're probably trying to provide suspense for Pitou's abilities. At that, had they shown the fight, I don't think the scene at the end with Kite's head would have been anywhere near as powerful.
Jul 2, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
My understanding (from what I've been reading) is that they actually added scenes not in the manga to give us more time to connect. While I do agree that it may seem a bit short, that may be due to marathoning it rather than watching it while it was airing. (Also, not getting enough time to know him might be part of the point.)

Personally, I'm satisfied with what we got.
Jul 2, 2014 4:06 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I don't mind what we got in the manga too much. But, one of the few things I don't like when it comes to Madhouse's adaptation is that, in the manga and '99 series, Kite is there from the beginning. They showed a bit of his past with Gon in the anime, but knowing him from the beginning of the series from my time with the '99 series definitely helped me enjoy episode 85 more. I'm betting you've heard this before at some point, though.

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

398 by GulBil »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

209 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FrostToaster - Jun 16, 2012

327 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Jun 2, 2012

139 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

402 by Tenhopaugordinho »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.