Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 20, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2010
So if i understand it right Rin and Riki took a wrong route and everything started over again without some of the characters from the previous route, have not seen the VN but this seems like the logical conclusion after watching this episode.
It seems interesting but i think it's done poorly, personally when it get to the emotional scenes i pretty much get the same thing as first season.
The first three episode of this season where nice but after that it's just the same mistake they did during first season, i don't blame JC Staff for this they have proven that they can do stuff like this the thing which in my opinion is wrong is the director .
And if it's the same one from first season it explains a lot, that guy is just unfit as a director and he is better of looking for another job, he made a few bad comedy anime and now he is making something like this.
Nov 20, 2013 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
So if i understand it right Rin and Riki took a wrong route and everything started over again without some of the characters from the previous route, have not seen the VN but this seems like the logical conclusion after watching this episode.
It seems interesting but i think it's done poorly, personally when it get to the emotional scenes i pretty much get the same thing as first season.
The first three episode of this season where nice but after that it's just the same mistake they did during first season, i don't blame JC Staff for this they have proven that they can do stuff like this the thing which in my opinion is wrong is the director .
And if it's the same one from first season it explains a lot, that guy is just unfit as a director and he is better of looking for another job, he made a few bad comedy anime and now he is making something like this.

It's not really your fault, but kinda not JC Staff's fault either.
While I consider Yamakawa to be a failure to the human race, Rin's route was probably the LEAST emotional route in the entire VN. Rin bing taken away in episode 6 wasn't supposed to be really emotional, though JC Staff.

I still think episode 7's direction was complete ass at times, and I didn't get the same mood from any of the events as in the VN. I really felt for the breakdown of the Little Busters, but it's awkward and poorly executed here, on top of being rushed with Rin 2 having had the runaway skipped.

But yeah, I'd say 90% of the emotional impact of the entire VN has yet to actually happen, and is supposed to be what the last 6 episodes of the series are about, if JC Staff can get their heads out of their asses and direct properly.

Even with the 13 episode limit, I could've directed this show better overall after learning from how crappily done the first season was. I wish the directors and screenplay guys were all required to read the VN, because they have no sense of what is supposed to have impact in the anime, and scenes lose focus and priority throughout the show, so you wind up with subtle scenes that are supposed to be impactful, and impactful scenes that are weakly done.
Nov 20, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2013
*Watched episode and scratches head, goes to MAL for answers*

As an anime viewer only I have mixed feelings about this. I think I kind of get what is going on, now more so because I read a few pages on here but wow that was confusing as hell with some many subtle things to pick up on. I could barely remember ep.1 of the first season and I have an excellent memory :p
Nov 20, 2013 9:27 PM

May 2012
papasmurf418 said:
*Watched episode and scratches head, goes to MAL for answers*

As an anime viewer only I have mixed feelings about this. I think I kind of get what is going on, now more so because I read a few pages on here but wow that was confusing as hell with some many subtle things to pick up on. I could barely remember ep.1 of the first season and I have an excellent memory :p

Well you did watch episode 1 last year. I am really surprised that a lot of people forgot about Koshiki Miyuki during episode 6.
Nov 20, 2013 9:46 PM

Sep 2012
planetarian said:

Well you did watch episode 1 last year. I am really surprised that a lot of people forgot about Koshiki Miyuki during episode 6.

(Not referring to papasmurf, but to the Miyuki part)
It just shows you how little a lot of people actually pay attention to the show.
I saw a video review of episode 6 and the guy thought it was Kurugaya...
Hopefully an influx of marathon watchers who will watch the story continuously and more consciously will get what's going on pretty easily.
Nov 21, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode. Looking forward to Refrain!!! :3
"MIRAI ZURA!

MIRAI ZURA YO, RUBY-CHAN!"

-Hanamaru Kunikida
Nov 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
Well, that was a mess. I don't get it, is that an omnibus format anime? It would be strange cause it seems they still have some memories left. Oh, well, fuck that. I'll just go along and see if I can make sense of it at the end.
Nov 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Well, that was a mess. I don't get it, is that an omnibus format anime? It would be strange cause it seems they still have some memories left. Oh, well, fuck that. I'll just go along and see if I can make sense of it at the end.

Time loop, you silly rascal. It's not complicated.
Nov 21, 2013 6:06 PM
Apr 2013
You know I am still very confused on why people are very confused here. It isn't Rocket Science. It is so obvious what has happened here. Why do people expect to have their hands held for everything?
Nov 21, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2011
MCAL said:
You know I am still very confused on why people are very confused here. It isn't Rocket Science. It is so obvious what has happened here. Why do people expect to have their hands held for everything?

because apparently little busters attracted the fanbase of the very stereotype it was trying to deconstruct.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 22, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
MCAL said:
You know I am still very confused on why people are very confused here. It isn't Rocket Science.

It is not that complicated, but it wasn't that clear either. I noticed that something was a bit wrong, but it's only when Riki made a comment about baseball that I considered that they were back in time, then I didn't know, if it was just a reset (like you see in Yosuga no Sora or other anime that follows the Omnibus Format) or if they were trapped in a time loop.

You guys have to take into account that not everyone is as fond of LB as you are, that it was probably easier for you to follow the story when you played the VN, because it is longer, get into more details, plus you didn't have to wait for one week to see the next episode. And, also, let's not forget the skip between the first and the second season.

For all those reasons, it would get more difficult for anime only viewer to put two and two together, especially since JC Staff isn't doing that great of a work according to the VN fans. So, I am confused on why you are very confused on why people are very confused here.

So stop acting like little pricks, and stop insulting people who did you no harm just because they were a bit confused.
Nov 22, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
MCAL said:
You know I am still very confused on why people are very confused here. It isn't Rocket Science.

It is not that complicated, but it wasn't that clear either. I noticed that something was a bit wrong, but it's only when Riki made a comment about baseball that I considered that they were back in time, then I didn't know, if it was just a reset (like you see in Yosuga no Sora or other anime that follows the Omnibus Format) or if they were trapped in a time loop.

You guys have to take into account that not everyone is as fond of LB as you are, that it was probably easier for you to follow the story when you played the VN, because it is longer, get into more details, plus you didn't have to wait for one week to see the next episode. And, also, let's not forget the skip between the first and the second season.

For all those reasons, it would get more difficult for anime only viewer to put two and two together, especially since JC Staff isn't doing that great of a work according to the VN fans. So, I am confused on why you are very confused on why people are very confused here.

So stop acting like little pricks, and stop insulting people who did you no harm just because they were a bit confused.

Well, most VN players would agree that J.C. have gave PLENTY of hints in terms of plot and the secret of the world. Even to the degree that some have said it may be too much and that it should be too easy to figure out. That's why it's so surprising when anime viewers say they don't understand and that they find it confusing.
Nov 22, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode, Rin was cute with Riki playing catch. What's up with Kyousuke?

What is everyone hiding that only Riki and Rin doesn't know?

So Riki will start Little Busters once more.
Nov 22, 2013 6:04 PM

Nov 2009
Seano299 said:
SetsukoHara said:
MCAL said:

Well, most VN players would agree that J.C. have gave PLENTY of hints in terms of plot and the secret of the world. Even to the degree that some have said it may be too much and that it should be too easy to figure out. That's why it's so surprising when anime viewers say they don't understand and that they find it confusing.

Well to make matters fair, everyone is suppose to be confused in the first place anyway... If everyone was that perceptive then this world wouldn't be so hard to figure out. >w>
Dec 1, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2011
The secret of the world...
is...

that nobody likes Riki.

Ahue.

Note: This comment is of the same quality as the execution of this show so far.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 2, 2013 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, things are getting confusing and serious now... lol
So I suppose they there are multiple 'dimensions' or worlds then? And for some reason only Riki and Rin lost the memories of it. Uh, can't wait to watch more :S This is confusing
Dec 4, 2013 4:11 PM

Aug 2011
Odd episode, I feel like I've missed an ep in between. Lots of weird things happened, where are the other girls, why is Kyousuke, Rin and everyone else acting oddly?

Since there's a new mystery waiting to be revealed, I'm more excited than ever for the series.
Dec 4, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2012
Dako said:

Since there's a new mystery waiting to be revealed, I'm more excited than ever for the series.

Nani?! Someone who's excited for the mystery?!
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6991/clapping.gif
This man is doing it right.
Jan 6, 2014 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
Is it the past or??
Still confused so much

Don't read the spoiler.. Don't read the previous pages...
"Signature removed"
Jan 17, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2010
Well this seem to have made the previous episodes obsolete,
unless it was intended step by step build up from going Joyful first season to sad and gloomy cesspool now

Not sure if this was another reboot like groundhog day, but their "friends" keeping Naoe out of the loop again is getting tiring

It's admirable to see Riki following Kyousuke lead from his childhood memories trying to rebuild Little Busters
Apr 6, 2014 4:31 PM

May 2012
Ah the part I dislike about this series being the sports... oh well the development is still pretty decent!
Apr 16, 2014 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
This is odd. Instead of getting more curious, I'm pissed off. I think something's wrong with me.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 8, 2014 2:00 AM

Jan 2012
fell asleep 3 times during this episode no joke...

it's like guilty fucking crown all over again..

wtf is this gay shit
Sep 25, 2014 6:18 PM

Aug 2013
Oh. Shit.

Well, it look like Kyousuke can create scenario, but can't see the end of them. That or he have lived so many time that he know exactly what to do to change them. Now that he dun goofed in the last one, he seem grief a lot over it. Rin obviously have a huge trauma. To pass from someone who add a lot of friends - Komari, Saigusa, Kurugaya, co. - to someone who only feel confortable with kids and Riki, it sure afflicted her a lot.

Why is Riki and Rin the only ones not knowing about anything? Are the other characters even real? Are they somekind of people created by their subconscious or something like that? Everything look so wrong, Kyousuke, Masato and Kengo behavior. The characters disappearing. I'm feeling more and more unconfortable...

Now that dates seem to be really important, I feel like I should have put more attention to it xD
Woahh, I'm so confused. But it get me more excited for the climax!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 23, 2015 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
What just happened? Did a episode get skipped? Did it go back in time? Different worldline? What's going on? Stuff better be explained soon. I don't know how much longer I can stay in the dark. Kengo, Masato, and Kyousuke know something. It looks like they refuse to tell Riki what it is. Glad to see Rin getting back to her usual self. All of the girls seem to have disappeared. They aren't at their usual spots. :(
Aug 11, 2015 8:02 AM

Oct 2014
Okay. How come they lost their memories? Where did all the supporting characters go? Why won't Kyousuke tell us the secret to the damn world already instead of tripping the viewers?

WHY AM I STILL WATCHING THIS?
It makes no sense!
Nov 26, 2015 2:46 AM

Nov 2015
It was okay....
Dec 1, 2015 7:32 AM

Mar 2010
I have the same confusion as the 2 comments above ^

Damn.. What exactly did happen? Time travel? Wrong route so it starts over so they make a different decision or something? Different dimension so 2 worlds? I hooe it gets explained a bit..

And it seems kyousuke is depressed so does he regret his decisions now that rin actually got even more shy instead of grown up? Why would he want to change her in the first place actually.. Rin is just rin and she seemed happy with the little busters before the sister school event happened.. And she didnt rely on kyousuke either anymore
Jan 13, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
huh...i knew it :D Maeda and his love for the parallel universe theory..awesome!

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 26, 2016 2:44 PM
Feb 2009
everyone has left :/
May 14, 2016 1:37 PM

Dec 2009
Riki is close to findng it. He is truly the leader of the Busters now.
Jan 5, 2017 6:37 AM

Sep 2015
I think Riki and Rin are the only ones who lost their memories about the other world or whatver ever happened before.
Jul 20, 2017 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
Seems we've gone back to the beginning of the show. I definitely didn't expect this to suddenly happen. Seems Riki and Rin are the only ones who have no idea about the real world?
Jul 22, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2016
They went back in time or is this a parallel world ? Well, whatever Riki is trying to revive the Little Busters and this time he will be the leader.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 10, 2019 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
What a weird episode, seems really out of place. Not sure what the explanation for this will be, but my enjoyment of this show has reached a new low this episode.
Mar 15, 2019 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
I loved the part when they showed 5 places associate with 5 girls ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 9, 2019 8:40 PM

Sep 2017
Alright so literally everyone except Riki and Rin have reading steiner, but apparently we're in the darkest timeline cause everyone is depressed/edgy as shit. Good meme. Guess we have to spend the next couple episodes using the power of friendship to prove to our main case (the other three boys) that this isn't the darkest timeline after all.

Still makes no sense. I guess sending Rin to that other school was the true path to steins gate. Too bad they didn't adapt the prequel where Kyousuke is the progtag so this would all make sense...
Aug 12, 2020 2:06 PM
Oct 2016
just when i thought it couldent get more confusing, it gets way more confusing, what is wrong with this show
Jul 28, 2021 11:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow so now it's even another timeline/world I suppose, and more and more of the friends are disappearing only the boys + rin are left now, it reminds me so much of Angel Beats
Aug 4, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2020
I hated this arc and the whole rin and riki parts. But it's nice to see some more actual baseball in the series

Aug 19, 2021 11:11 PM

Jun 2020
That was a very uneasy start from the episode where Riki and Rin got separated

Looks like things were very different and like when the first episode of the first season started except it progressed quick and how things changed everything

How are things going to end up after these unusual events and it's like Masato and Kengo know something that they don't want any word to spread out to Riki nor Rin.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.