Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 8, 2013 4:27 AM
Mar 2013
glasses fidget count: 4

total so far: 36
Dec 19, 2013 7:06 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode, i honestly didn't think his guild name would be log horizon but i'm cool with it lol.
Dec 27, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
The moment when you realize his guild is the reason why the anime is named "Log Horizon".
I'm so excited, I hope he saves the twins :3
Jan 3, 2014 9:37 AM

Feb 2011
Ambient_ said:
I'm surprised that exp pots aren't character bound. That's a huge oversight by the creators. They would be abused by any mmo with an auction house, especially since they're free and you get them every day. I'm surprised that this whole issue is even being called "cheating", if this is how it's always been :/
yup, that's a pretty big hole in game design
but guess in elder tale there aren't character bound items, boh (story needs something to drama about)

so shiroe is gonna take a stance over a whole city, that's gonna be a big plan
wonder what happened before to make him unwilling to join guilds, and why the marie was so happy/relieved about him finally changing mind, guess it has something to do with the tea party and maybe a bad outcome he caused once

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 8, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
Amarrez said:
That title drop

Yes!
Jan 28, 2014 11:08 PM
Jul 2013
best game balancing ever...

lvl low chars get free powerful items? better make it tradable so that anybody below lvl 30 can just farm it up and sell it for tons of money...
Feb 11, 2014 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
made a guild called ............. LOG HORIZON
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 11, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2008
Does anyone else feel is kind of ridiculous how he talks about his past in the game like it is some serious dramatic life-changing shit? It's just a fucking game dude.
I realize that right now it might seem serious businesses since now it's basically their life but those past events where just simple gaming. Why is he so serious about those?
Feb 12, 2014 6:29 PM
Jan 2014
Monad said:
Does anyone else feel is kind of ridiculous how he talks about his past in the game like it is some serious dramatic life-changing shit? It's just a fucking game dude.
I realize that right now it might seem serious businesses since now it's basically their life but those past events where just simple gaming. Why is he so serious about those?

Yep. It's a dramatic life changing for Shiroe, because it has something to do with his personality. He is your typical introvert. He refused to join guild because he dislike it, he is a freaking perfectionist and his reserved personality become his shackles to communicate with the others. He likes helping people, but don't want to form stronger relationship with them, and became more reluctant (but can't refuse) to help after peoples starting to pester him because he is a veteran. That's why he helped the twin in their adventure. Minori and Tohya didn't know anything about Shiroe's status and purely asking him to accompany them for fun.

He's clumsy when interacting with people and don't want to bother the others. His only place when Elder Tales was a game is Debauchery tea party, a roaming group of adventurers from different guilds or solo players. There's no one holding him back and after tea party disbanded, he become a true roaming player.

But after seeing the situation, he knew that he should build his own abode, and think about how to remove the gloominess in Akiba. It's a big change for him because now he has more responsibility and should change some of his behavior to reach his goal.
Feb 18, 2014 4:42 PM

Jan 2011
I can understand Shiroe's way of thinking, about "i don't want to join any guild" perfectly.

Guilds are nice and all, but ther are two sides to every coin. Guilds can advance you greatly, or they shackle you down. In addition, it's never easy to deal wiith people as an introvert, even less so with quite a lot of people you don't know, and never will, because they are always changing.

The Debauchery Tea Party on the other hand was a close-knit group of friends, without the constant coming and going and all the other formalities of a guild, at least from what they've shown.
Feb 19, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
I was wondering what those vials were for.
My Candies:
Feb 23, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
So now Shiroe have got into action. Niiiiice.

So that's where the anime title come from. It's a cool name. Glad that Shiroe made peace with his view of a guild.

Awwwn, I really wanted to see Akatsuki in one of those dress :(
Would have been hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 6, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2010
I kinda guess that the name of his guild would be log horizon but it still gives me goosebumps and ALMOST brought a tear in my eye. Yup that moment, that feels. :)
Mar 13, 2014 3:00 AM

Aug 2010
They are drawing a lot of inspiration from mmorpg experiences, but the way they deliver this information to the viewer seems heavy handed. Granted that the viewer might not be familiar with mmorpgs, but even so, there's a lot of explanations.

Such as player exploits, which they translated as "cheating", where players finds some sort of loot hole in the design of the game. Obviously, this sort of design wouldn't have slipped through any actual game, seriously an item immensely increases EXP gain, and stats boost, and is tradable? F2P games would monetize those as cash shop items, for good reasons.

The guild seclusion is also part of any mmorpg community. It's quite easy to actually weave those into any story or character because its just niches and personalities. There will always be conflicts between guilds, conflicts within guilds, freeloaders in guilds, guild elitist, and people who don't even want to be in guilds.

They even went to explain crafting early on throughout several episodes, which seems out of the blue. Though from this episode, I'm pretty sure it's going to play a roll in the guild making money by monopolizing delicious food.

Even at the end of episode 6, I fell like the series has only started to take the first step towards some sort of story progression. Episode 1-5 was more or less still setting up characters and the universe they are in.

I hope they start to pick up the pace soon or I'll be falling asleep in the middle of each episode.
Mar 13, 2014 6:57 PM
Feb 2014
lackofwords said:
They are drawing a lot of inspiration from mmorpg experiences, but the way they deliver this information to the viewer seems heavy handed. Granted that the viewer might not be familiar with mmorpgs, but even so, there's a lot of explanations.

Such as player exploits, which they translated as "cheating", where players finds some sort of loot hole in the design of the game. Obviously, this sort of design wouldn't have slipped through any actual game, seriously an item immensely increases EXP gain, and stats boost, and is tradable? F2P games would monetize those as cash shop items, for good reasons.

The guild seclusion is also part of any mmorpg community. It's quite easy to actually weave those into any story or character because its just niches and personalities. There will always be conflicts between guilds, conflicts within guilds, freeloaders in guilds, guild elitist, and people who don't even want to be in guilds.

They even went to explain crafting early on throughout several episodes, which seems out of the blue. Though from this episode, I'm pretty sure it's going to play a roll in the guild making money by monopolizing delicious food.

Even at the end of episode 6, I fell like the series has only started to take the first step towards some sort of story progression. Episode 1-5 was more or less still setting up characters and the universe they are in.

I hope they start to pick up the pace soon or I'll be falling asleep in the middle of each episode.

exp pot:

credit: translator+baka-tsuki

guild problem:
it's not a big problem in a game, but this anime is about real unknown world that follow some of the "elder tale" rules, even the npc is not npc again (eps. 5). if they can't overcome the guild problem it'll become big problem later

new way of crafting:
it'll play big role later and will change how the economy (even the world law) work..
Mar 30, 2014 7:58 AM

May 2012
That ending was great! So he finally made a guild and well we now know where the name comes from :p Pretty nice development and I'm sure what comes next will also be great!
Apr 1, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2013
So that's where the title came from
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
Hehe makes sense for the anime name.

Also I am so frickin' glad that the episode was indeed about saving them 2. And it seems it was about saving the online reality and Shirio too.
Apr 12, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2012
Good episode
finally made a guild

Apr 16, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
The chills down my spine when Shiroe announced he made a guild & named it Log Horizon.... EPIC!
Jun 16, 2014 10:16 PM

May 2014
I totally got super hungry while watching the beginning of this episode and went to go cook food.
Men always seem to think about their past before they die, as though he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.
Jun 28, 2014 2:06 AM
May 2012
Marielle and Henrietta are both hot~ I would definitely join their guild :3
Wait.......so Marielle and Shiroe are having a chat, in a room, with the lights off, during midnight, and Marielle is sitting on the bed.....and Shiroe didn't make a move?!?! Shiroe, you idiot ahahaha.
Awww yeahhh, you go, Shiroe!! Log Horizon for the win!!
I am really digging this Anime now :D Well, that's it for today. I shall take a break. I gotta go out and watch movie with friends or something.
Jun 28, 2014 4:29 AM
Jun 2014
Tengai said:
Marielle and Henrietta are both hot~ I would definitely join their guild :3
Wait.......so Marielle and Shiroe are having a chat, in a room, with the lights off, during midnight, and Marielle is sitting on the bed.....and Shiroe didn't make a move?!?! Shiroe, you idiot ahahaha.
Awww yeahhh, you go, Shiroe!! Log Horizon for the win!!
I am really digging this Anime now :D Well, that's it for today. I shall take a break. I gotta go out and watch movie with friends or something.

Both Marrielle and Henieta technically stronger than Shiroe in term of adventurer physical strength, (Tank>DPS>Healer>Mage). Also they are both outside of their strike zone.
Jul 10, 2014 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
How did I not expect the guild's name to be Log Horizon!? It gave me goosebumps for some reason.
I like the development of Shiroe. He's now taking action instead of holding back to get rid of guilds that exploit others.
He kind of reminds me of Lelouch.

And from the way Akatsuki narrated the preview, are they gonna sell burgers (with actual burger taste) to get the 5 million.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 26, 2014 5:15 AM
Aug 1, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm interesting,Shiroe formed a guild and i never expected that Log Horizon will be it's name.

Aug 11, 2014 7:51 PM
Mar 2014
Haha, I was so eager to hear what the guild name was, then they said it... Woops!

Looks as though things are going to get more interesting :D
Sep 14, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
"Log Horizon". It begins.
Oct 18, 2014 1:47 AM

May 2013
I want my Akatsuki in a summer dress!

Hmm, for the Crescent Moon Alliance, they previously mentioned they had nineteen members, however the picture only showed about seventeen of them. Could the remaining two people be some OP characters or something?

With the mentioning of guild names like DDD, Black Sword Knights, and Silver Sword, I'm expecting guild wars.
However, before that happens, Shiroe has to save the twins by kicking Hamelin out of the town.
But who could blame Hamelin for getting exp pots especially when the level cap increased?
Although, five million gold is a lot. But they have apparently have a restaurant next episode.

Dat title drop. Log Horizion is the name of their guild! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 12, 2014 7:30 PM
Dec 5, 2014 11:33 AM
Jun 2014
Awesome episode. As expected Shiroe will make a guild. XD
Jan 17, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2014
Log Horizon, of course! It had to be the name of guild. Glad he finally started a guild. :)
Mar 3, 2015 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
Woahh that's a cool episode. Log Horizon.. fuhhhh.
They have some really cute beauties in this game lol.
May 2, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Amarrez said:
That title drop
May 20, 2015 5:36 AM

Jun 2014
"It's name is... Log Horizon."

Roll the credits!

Anyway,pretty great episode.Let's see what he is planning...
Jun 3, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
That build up at the end was awesome.
So this is why it's called Log Horizon heh c:, should be an epic guild o/

Akatsuki cute as usual :3
Now to make some money by selling tasty food ^^, guess that's why he wants to keep it a secret how it's made.

Wonder if more members of DTP will join Log Horizon in the future.
Great episode, I like where this is going.
nerfxJun 3, 2015 11:05 AM
Jul 26, 2015 8:05 AM
May 2015
Damn this episode really pissed me off.

Why is it even possible for newbies to trade the XP shit? People would just make alts and sell it to themselves? That's what I'd do.

Second, why are these kids selling the XP pots to people? They have absolutely zero motivation to do something like that. They can't be forced to trade goods in an MMO and they can stay in the town and they can't be attacked.

It was already mentioned earlier on that it is incredibly easy to pay for food and lodgings in the city by farming very low level stuff, and even if you couldn't do that. Who cares if you don't eat? It's not like you can die? It's not like you feel pain or anything like that either (if people felt pain everyone would be complaining about being stabbed and fighting mobs).

So the kids are selling their XP pots for food which seems like a shit trade. So why are they doing it???!?!?! MAKES NO SENSE.

This guy complained about guilds and shit but he never founded a guild up until now. He also excluded the food making stuff as if absolutely everyone on the entire planet would never try to make food themselves. You know a lot of people enjoy making meals just as a way to chill and since there's no fucking stupid as shit anime to watch in this game world why the hell wouldn't someone try to catch a fish and cook it? What else are you going to waste your time on?

However on the other side while it's getting stupidly gritty over nothing it isn't getting nearly gritty enough over real problems. Like rape? Hello? There isn't a police force or anything like that, so when you're outside just grab someone low level, have some healers on hand who can out heal any damage they output, and bob's your uncle. Clearly torture (if they feel pain) and rape (bad regardless if it hurts) are going to be more problematic than this stuff.

Also his solution is shit, he wants them to leave Akihbara so what, just move the problem? You can't get rid of these people since they're immortal so the only way you can make the world better is with a reducation system where you indoctrinate them into his own morals or whatever he wants.

And this whole guild nonsense is so stupid especially the comparing of the level 90s and stuff like that. Most high level MMO guilds are not utter cunts and in fact go around helping people. If you look at any normal MMO the biggest and most popular guilds are the ones that have newbie training and all sorts of starting stuff. And in this system where newbies generate a super value resource it's even more likely that guilds would actually compete to be good to newbies.
Sep 19, 2015 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, Shiroe actually makes a guild and it looks like hes ready to clean up the streets. Shits about to go down next episode.

Also I loved that ending, where just as he reveals the name of the guild the ED starts playing, awesome.
Oct 6, 2015 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
Awww...why not the debauchery tea party?
Jan 1, 2016 6:55 PM

Apr 2009
No action at all but the dialogue kept my interest the entire time. I especially loved the conversation between Shiroe and the Cat, it had a certain weight to. Shiroe's decision to finally form a guild was also surprisingly moving, considering he's just talking about his past in terms of a darn game.

I like the detail of the world, the factionalizing and claiming of resources, etc. It makes the setting feel real and vibrant. I'm curious to see what Shiroe's plan is. I'm not sure how you defeat a guild per se, considering they just respawn in the very same town. Or maybe he's got something less direct in mind.

What was up with the conversation when the lady was filling Shiroe on the city's situation? First she was on a couch, then a bed, then a couch? Were they trying to mix it up visually or is Shiroe just that smooth an operator?
Feb 27, 2016 4:56 PM

Nov 2015
Well, I was not expecting it to turn out so motivating jaja, I wasn't expecting that end!

Ok, they explain now how they were farming those kids, ok ok, I get it now.

Again, the way he announced that his Guild was called Log Horizon was so perfect xD
I mean, it gave me chills! Good one, good one.
This feels promising, looking forward to more.
HumbertoZeroFeb 27, 2016 5:03 PM
Feb 28, 2016 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
This series would have felt more authentic if the guild was named "Debauchery_Tea_Party_2"

And where are all the player's called something like noobkillah and teabagger_1996.
Sep 11, 2016 2:05 PM
Mar 2016
they said the t i t l e
Oct 10, 2016 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
And so it begins!
Wonder what his aim is with the 5 million, seems it's considered a HUGE amount of money since the Moon guild only has 60k in the guild bank.
Jan 17, 2017 3:00 PM
Jun 2009
RMcD said:
Damn this episode really pissed me off.

It is not common in MAL, but it is good to read the thread you are posting to: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=687707&show=150#msg26294603

However on the other side while it's getting stupidly gritty over nothing it isn't getting nearly gritty enough over real problems. Like rape? Hello? There isn't a police force or anything like that, so when you're outside just grab someone low level, have some healers on hand who can out heal any damage they output, and bob's your uncle. Clearly torture (if they feel pain) and rape (bad regardless if it hurts) are going to be more problematic than this stuff.

Rape was definitely the danger Serara fled from in Susukino.
Jan 13, 2018 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
@RMcD

& they can make ALT'S when they are stuck in MMO? HOW? stuck means they cant log out geez, think before u say stuff

i mention this cause Manabu left that part out
Sugram22Jan 13, 2018 9:34 AM
Apr 5, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2016
This got x10 better, and the ost was amazingly great.
Apr 25, 2018 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
So he's going to save Akihabara from it's own darkness? Oh yeah become the hero you were destined to be! XD

His very own guild eh? His own guild...sound like Nine's Own Goal, uhmm Ainz Ooal Gown. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 8, 2019 9:30 PM

Feb 2015
The guild had a party. Marie talked with Shiroe about the unbalance created by strong or big guilds, specially talking about one that abuses of exp potions. Shiroe is worried about the siblings, so he contacted Minori, the sister, to ask her some questions. Shiroe started his mission with Naotsugu and Akatsuki, and Marie’s guild decided that they’re gonna help him.

An arc finishes and another starts, the guilds are out of control now. Slow paced, as far as I can notice, there is no objective at all, or ambitions, just solving the problems.
Sep 6, 2019 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
Ok, I'm happy now that the lvl cap did increase up to 100 thanks to the new expansion.

In summary, Shiroe has thought up a genius plan to cleanse the city of its filth and potentially even put the entirety of Akihabara under his control?! Yeah... This is getting more exciting! Big guild control town and asserts dominance over smaller, weaker guilds? Not for long! It's about time he attempts to put his intellectual mind to some REAL USE. And it's also about time for him to finally be in a Guild! Log Horizon guild ftw.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.