3It was OK
6.0%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.7
580 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And right away this episode, I got hungry lol.

Dem exp boosters. From my experience in MMORPG games, there are rewards like that but usually have to be earned. Decent episode overall. I like how they explain mechanics each week related to the game.

Akatsuki was cute again :3. Pretty typical for a guild name I guess.
Nov 9, 2013 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
Preparing for party. Guilds doing bad things in Akiba. Even the meeting failed. About special potion to gain EXP. Finally contacting that girl, who are in the guild to use that potion. He wants that guild to be out, and in return to save those two kids. And Log Horizon as his guild name contain the cat guy and thee three main.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 9, 2013 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
That title drop
Nov 9, 2013 5:04 AM

Apr 2011
He finally made a guild. Awesome.
Nov 9, 2013 5:05 AM
Dec 2012
The series still feels like on a building-up stage with lots of explanations about the game world and technical terms. This time they explained a difference between *guild* and *party,* *guild hall,* merit of manual cooking without using commands, hierarchy, exploitation, territorial issues, EXP, the tea party and so on. Finally I understood why the series title was called Log Horizon. Shiro established a promising guild, which was the highest point of the episode.

A character uttered "pants," which was the best fanservice from the NHK anime. Looks like the creator and producer are carefully building a solid story. It's a good sign. Wish they remade Maoyuu, which I think fits NHK education-wise though we can't expect fanservice.
Nov 9, 2013 5:06 AM

Sep 2011
Akatsuki<3 best girl. Nice episode, seems like it's still building up which I'm fine with.
Nov 9, 2013 5:08 AM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
That title drop
Yeah, I knew exactly what it would be as soon as he said it (even though I hadn't been spoiled) but even though that means it was at least a bit obvious I still think it was really cool and going into the ED like that was really awesome, well done.
Nov 9, 2013 5:27 AM

Mar 2012
Log Horizon has now officially been born :)

The Real Adventure will begin now

Awesome Episode, Shiroe and Nyanta Are my 2 fav characters of this show oh man each week is starting to feel longer and longer

5/5
Nov 9, 2013 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
Totally loved it!

Again nice world building. DDD and that other 85 minimum guild seem to be tough.
Also nice seeing the level cap opened now. Something to be excited for :D

That thought process Shiro went through to reach his resolve was damn AWESOME!!

Really nicely written there ^^...I could feel the emotions.

Especially loved his conversation with Nyanta and how he realized he's been making them all waiting :*)...So touching.

Loved his call with Minori. Really sad how she was tearing up T_T. Don't worry, BA Shiro and LH will save u soon :)

And finally the last scene was The Peak of Brilliance! All the build up for it was well worth it. Log Horizon has been born. Loved the touch of showing the 4 members looking at the sun set horizon. Such a beautiful scene.
Nov 9, 2013 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
I was geeking out when they were explaining about guilds and EXP pots. Thank goodness the staff just didn't assume everyone who watches this know about MMO/ game terminology. They're doing a really good job with world-building.

So Shiroe finally decided to do something to improve Akiba. I got a little teary-eyed when Shiroe contacted Minori.

That ending scene when their guild was staring at the sunrise/sunset was a nice touch too. Whenever DTP was mentioned, it's always with a sunrise/sunset as backdrop too right? :)

I love Nyanta's voice. Nyaaa~~~

Seems like they'll be selling food to raise their funds.

7 days to go till the next episode *sigh*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 9, 2013 5:39 AM

Nov 2012
yeah i finaly got goosebumps!!!!

the real epicness will start now the ending was amazing ^^

guild name log horizon :p
Nov 9, 2013 5:45 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Shiroe makes a new guild! And its name is the title of the series! :D Lol, I should have figured this out before. :P The revelation was made even more awesome because it was done right before the ED played!

Good luck with your new guild, Shiroe! :) Akihabara needs to be saved so everyone can enjoy the game wholeheartedly and that no one shall take advantage of other players anymore.
Nov 9, 2013 6:05 AM

Oct 2011
Dem feels, just from him creating his own guild... T.T

From my experience in MMORPG games, there are rewards like that but usually have to be earned.

From my experience, they are cash-shop items only... of course that would make that traffic even worse.
Nov 9, 2013 6:17 AM

May 2013
Nice name for Shiroe's guild lol.

It would've been nice to see Akatsuki in those dresses.
Nov 9, 2013 6:19 AM

Oct 2011
OMG my MMO experience is coming back. Shiroe's explanation about Guilds. The new expansion area level cap is 100 : 0. The slave guild ( Hamlin) is forcing low level players to give them EXP pots so they can have the advantage >; 0. Shiroe's conversation with Mimori made me cry TwT. When he revealed his guild name I once again teared up but this time it was a happy one. The sunset was perfect!!!

Ahhhh can't wait for the next episode!!!
Nov 9, 2013 6:24 AM

Jun 2011
I'm surprised that exp pots aren't character bound. That's a huge oversight by the creators. They would be abused by any mmo with an auction house, especially since they're free and you get them every day. I'm surprised that this whole issue is even being called "cheating", if this is how it's always been :/
Nov 9, 2013 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
Needs more Akatsuki.
Nov 9, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
Best anime of the year! This is one of the few animes that actually sticks to their intended themes!
Nov 9, 2013 6:55 AM

Aug 2010
Shiroe, please could you make your speech a little bit more badass? I think some of us are still hetero.

Nice party btw. And Serara was leveling her housekeeper class even though it's her party. Soon she'll get the Maid advanced class (and later maybe even the Idol!Maid expert class, which gives her access to the Moe Moe Kyun-Beam.... j/k)

I'd have killed to see akatsuki in one of those dresses. And Shiroe really needs to save minori, she's too adorable to keep her suffering.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 9, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2013
And we have a new guild Log Horizon.
Nov 9, 2013 7:17 AM

Dec 2012
Log Horizon! Yeah, now we know why thats the title.

Decent buildup to a seemingly interesting arc. Liberating Akihabara huh?
Nov 9, 2013 7:18 AM
May 2013
And this episode is about guilds and everything involves on it
I just got shocked that one guild is consist of 1,500 members which I don't know like their system do not have limitations when it comes to members and
Level Cap increase to 100!!!!!!
Now no one will say that they are already all max level
Shiroe is now starting a revolution on Elder Tale with his guild called the Log Horizon
I want to see a guild vs guild on this anime even just for once.
Nov 9, 2013 7:23 AM

May 2013
Ambient_ said:
I'm surprised that exp pots aren't character bound.

They were probably character bound until the world became a reality. Atatsuki why won't you wear the dress :(. Great build-up episode. Finally we get that name drop. Can't wait until they save the twins, they're both so sweet.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 9, 2013 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
I loved it!
Nov 9, 2013 7:39 AM
Jun 2009
I'm disappointed they didn't show Akatsuki wearing the dress :(

Usually giveaway items like EXP pots would be untradeable, undroppable, etc. Weird how they didn't do it like that, but I guess they needed a way for the big guilds to take advantage of low leveled players, story-wise.

Great episode overall, loved how they're building the world steadily.
Nov 9, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2013
Nice buildup at the end.
And the increased on level cap is going to make this even better.
And Akatsuki is as cute as ever!

4/5
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Nov 9, 2013 7:49 AM
Oct 2010
Well, this is getting very interesting now, I'm excited for next episode.

xchee said:
Seems like they'll be selling food to raise their funds.
Yeah, I laughed when I realized that after Akatsuki's preview/teaser speech after credits.

It does sound like a great scam business given the current general knowledge about food. I guess Shiroe idea of holding into that knowledge for a little while will make them good profit.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 9, 2013 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
Loving it.
The build up has been awesome, should see some more awesome people from debauchery tea party soon I hope. Everyone's been waiting for Shiroe to make his Guild so they could follow him, so Good.
My favorite part is that its just A MMORPG anime about being A MMORPG, not all about being emo and crying that you don't want to die all the time.
Nov 9, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Another informative information of guilds and their motivations. And Shiroe created a small guild to save the twins from the Tyranny Hammelin, with their guild as the same anime title :D.

Nov 9, 2013 7:54 AM
Apr 2013
So they are going to sell those burgers to make the money.
This is probably my favorite anime of the new season
Nov 9, 2013 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
What was the deal with the dramatic music and Shiroe acting all righteous dictator lol. I mean sure the exp pot selling guild are abusing the system, but I have a feeling Shiroe doesn't plan on opposing them peacefully but instead with some sort of plan that ends up humiliating them. Otherwise we wouldn't get 'epic' rivalries.

Then again in my experience MMOs are prime arenas for these sorts of e-peen contests so I guess it's realistic :P Well, as long as they keep the strategy aspect in I'm capable of dealing with we-only-bash-their-faces-in-because-we-must charas.
Nov 9, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2008
I already predict this in previous thread that Shiroe will save Minori and create his own guild.

Now we all know what kind of plot this anime will take on and the naming title of the name.
This anime might be a bit different from the rest of MMO Anime.
I already begin to like it. " Interesting". :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 9, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
I am very much liking where this is going.
Nov 9, 2013 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
So he's set his own guild up which was pretty pridictable, I really hope he gets to meet more of the ex-Debauchery tea party members and they join log horizon.

And yes it's by far my favorite show of the season so far and second of the year.

Nov 9, 2013 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
Even though I knew it was coming, Shiroe creating the Log Horizon guild was really awesome and it looks like the next couple of episode are going to be pretty interesting.
Nov 9, 2013 8:42 AM

Nov 2010
Yummy, Crescent Burger!

System abuse and Guild affairs (Clan/Faction) ,
something very recognizable having played MMORPG s myself

It's kind of scary the guild here can look like slaving mass

Ahh so Shiroe made a guild named Log Horizon same as the title
Go go next episode!
Nov 9, 2013 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
this and kyoukai no kanata are very enjoyable *_*
i'm liking both
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 9, 2013 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
Very nice episode. And finally I get to know why rhe anime is called Log Horizon. If it continues like that I'm going to love it more. Also what they said it's true in RPGs. Ppl tend to go to guilds that are good let aline small guilds. In other words...zerg...I feel like watching an anime for Lineage II xD. Quality vs Quantity hehe.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Nov 9, 2013 8:56 AM

May 2010
ahh good episode! really makes me wanna see the other 19 ;) im hyped

as someone who played mmorpgs since 1999 i can relate to this alot :)
Nov 9, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2008
Hmmm, having EXP pots being given out for free to low lvl players and those pots not being bound to player OR character level is serious design flaw. Any even remotely smart player would make a few alts and just farm those xp pots.

Also, seeing he's lvl 90 in full gear and he did all the biggest raids with DTP I'd assume he has quite a lot of gold of his own. Even with possibility of upgrades/augments/secondary skills requiring gold he'd still be floating in it if he did all the best raids all the time. Not to mention selling loot from those raids.

Baaaaah, I enjoy the show a lot and then get bothered by small things which just annoy me since I'm a long time MMO player. Ignore my previous statements :)

Anyway, MMO logic aside, things are finally starting to move story wise. So far it's been mostly introduction to characters and world setup, now hopefully they start doing things that matter.
I still wonder why he needs 5 milion.
Nov 9, 2013 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
So far this is the best show of the season and the premise they are going for will need more seasons. Can't wait to see more.
Nov 9, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2010
RedArmyShogun said:
So far this is the best show of the season and the premise they are going for will need more seasons. Can't wait to see more.

maybe for you it is but for me its only in the top5. probably #3

its pretty obvious what best show it for me tho..
Nov 9, 2013 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
nina4life said:
Hmmm, having EXP pots being given out for free to low lvl players and those pots not being bound to player OR character level is serious design flaw. Any even remotely smart player would make a few alts and just farm those xp pots.

They were character bound when it was still a game, Think about how the food works.
If you use the game system, it's shit.
Trades works the same way, you can't trade character bound items using the system, but if you just give them, it's fine.
Nov 9, 2013 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
really like the way they transition to the ED
goosebumps from shiroe's "bad-assery" and nyanta's strong friendship with shiroe
just....just.....AWESOME
Nov 9, 2013 9:49 AM

Oct 2008
Ambient_ said:
I'm surprised that exp pots aren't character bound. That's a huge oversight by the creators. They would be abused by any mmo with an auction house, especially since they're free and you get them every day. I'm surprised that this whole issue is even being called "cheating", if this is how it's always been :/

I don't think so, I'd consider it the same way it works with the food, you can't cook properly with the ingame system, but if you it manually then it has taste. With trading it would be the same, the system wouldn't let you trade it but nothing prevents you from grabbing the bottle and giving it to the other guy.
Nov 9, 2013 9:50 AM
Feb 2013
damn that hamelin guild using them new players for exp pots
Nov 9, 2013 9:50 AM

Aug 2012
And so the week long wait begins.

Nov 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Feb 2013
Yay he finally made a guild! Im sure its going to get really big :3
Nov 9, 2013 10:00 AM
Mar 2011
They didn't have the time to emphasize an important point in the novel. What Shiroe was asking to do, was to "remove" a guild from Akihabara, but that is pretty much impossible since if you get killed, you will just rez at the church. This ties into the fact that even though there is no death like SAO, there are other more severe concequences in this game, like slavery and imprisonment. But it also limits what you can and can't do to other people. However Shiroe replays, "NO I will do exactly that, and that is just a small part of what I will do."

Watch me while I kill what can't be killed...that is the significance of his speech.
Nov 9, 2013 10:17 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
taj69 said:
They didn't have the time to emphasize an important point in the novel. What Shiroe was asking to do, was to "remove" a guild from Akihabara, but that is pretty much impossible since if you get killed, you will just rez at the church. This ties into the fact that even though there is no death like SAO, there are other more severe concequences in this game, like slavery and imprisonment. But it also limits what you can and can't do to other people. However Shiroe replays, "NO I will do exactly that, and that is just a small part of what I will do."

Watch me while I kill what can't be killed...that is the significance of his speech.

Oh that's interesting, that makes Shiroe's speech even more badass. I like how he finally got his resolve and finally joined made a guild! Log Horizon is a great name ;) I'm excited to see how Shiroe will save Minori and Touya, as well as Akihabara.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.