Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat fan service. I wasn't expecting it this episode. http://i.imgur.com/yWEb0lJ.png

The episode felt too silly for me. Noel looked cute though. Faye-Ling looks like she is having way too much fun. Poor Ragna, the guy just never gets a break.
Nov 5, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
aaaaaaannnnnd there goes the improvements this series was having last episode

I cant believe I have to say this but....worst episode so far, they somehow made a episode not only worse than the 2nd but actually considerably worse, from the forced fanservice, to the awful plot, to making ragna act more like jin or horribly throwing in exposition where it doesnt make sense, and even with its pathetic attempts at exposition shit doesnt make sense.

And seriously the fact that this was going anime only could have been its saving grace in explaining and pacing but the horrendous execution makes me want to puke and throws away that potential. Every second of every minute of this episode was trash, Fuck this anime, CP cant come soon enough to wash away the taste of this trash

ep 1/5
Series bumped down to a 2/10
JizzyHitlerNov 5, 2013 11:30 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 5, 2013 11:28 AM
Mar 2012
So I thought this adaptation was bad before they started adding filler fanservice, but now, it's just kind of hit critical levels of "fuck you source material". Bad pacing and severe mood whiplash, on top of reusing Noel's Bolverk animation.
Nov 5, 2013 11:41 AM
Mar 2012
RegulusZero said:
So I thought this adaptation was bad before they started adding filler fanservice, but now, it's just kind of hit critical levels of "fuck you source material". Bad pacing and severe mood whiplash, on top of reusing Noel's Bolverk animation.

I'm not sure if it can be called filler fanservice.
According to the BlazBlue Radio show, it was said the anime is going to adapt the games with anime original scenes added.

The game producer is also supervising this, so any changes and additions is most likely need to be approved by him first.
melina_putriNov 5, 2013 12:06 PM
Nov 5, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
melina_putri said:
RegulusZero said:

I'm not sure if it can be called filler fanservice.
According to the BlazBlue Radio show, it was said the anime is going to adapt the games with anime original scenes added.

The game producer is also supervising this, so any changes and additions is most likely need to be approved by him first.
I think hes referring to the actual filler fanservice as In the entire sauna scene having no importance other than eating up time. Doesnt matter if its approved or not its still garbage filler in one of the worst adaptions of the past decade

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 5, 2013 12:26 PM

Nov 2010
Well there was the traditional Onsen episode
Didn't care about the rest
Nov 5, 2013 3:17 PM
May 2012
best game adaptation ever, is what i'd like to say,...
Nov 5, 2013 3:17 PM

May 2009
I'll give this episode praise for two things, Rachel in her swimsuit and Platinum's appearances. Everything else is forgettable to me.
Nov 5, 2013 3:33 PM

Feb 2012
Man that beginning and hot spring scene, what the fuck, that Tao cat character is really starting to annoy me.

Second part of the episode was ok due, liked that little girl with 3 persons in 1 body I guess.
Nov 5, 2013 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
wtf this episode.
Nov 5, 2013 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
Ramkec said:
Man that beginning and hot spring scene, what the fuck, that Tao cat character is really starting to annoy me.

Fun fact: Tao is one of the strongest characters in the series.
But... damn i was hoping this series to clarify the overall plot of the games... and... is not doing it....
Nov 5, 2013 4:05 PM
Nov 2013
This episode was pretty epic for Sector 7. They were already using kokonoe's theme even if she hadn't been released yet for the game.
Nov 5, 2013 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Aside for Tager make appearance nothing happen here.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 5, 2013 6:50 PM

Jun 2012
I highly doubt that the hot spring scene is in the game. I haven't played the game, but I have no doubt that most of this episode (and possibly the series so far) had anything useful occur.
, yet somehow I am still entertained.

Nov 5, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2011
Saburo-kun said:
I highly doubt that the hot spring scene is in the game. I haven't played the game, but I have no doubt that most of this episode (and possibly the series so far) had anything useful occur.
, yet somehow I am still entertained.
nothing except for ragna and platinum's meeting was in the game,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Jun 2011
Did they really put hotsprings service into my Blazblue?....

Fuck this director.
Nov 5, 2013 8:17 PM

Jun 2008
I know it was just random fanservice, but wasn't the whole point of them going to the hotsprings was to heal ragna's wounds?
Nov 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Apr 2013
I'm dropping this. After playing through half of Calamity Trigger it's even more clear how shitty this show is. I'll stick with the games.
Nov 5, 2013 9:27 PM
Mar 2012
Testament956 said:
I know it was just random fanservice, but wasn't the whole point of them going to the hotsprings was to heal ragna's wounds?

It's still pretty much an excuse to make a fanservice scene.

From Mori's Twitter, it seems starting next week the atmosphere of the anime will be heavier. I wonder in what way...
melina_putriNov 5, 2013 9:36 PM
Nov 5, 2013 10:08 PM

Apr 2011
Nothing much but I still find it interesting.

Seeing Rachel in her swimsuit made me happy. It looks good on her. I sense some jealousy on her when she notice how happy Ragna is with the other girls. Shes needs to be bit more honest to herself.

Next week is going to be back on action now.
MagitoNov 6, 2013 6:41 AM
Nov 5, 2013 11:30 PM
Mar 2012
Fanservice first half, then plot second half. Wonder what is to come
Nov 6, 2013 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
haaa.....it was rather easy to like or hmm for this ep.
Nov 6, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Onsen scene.

Anyway, the Calamity Trigger selection OST gave me nostalgia. One of my favorite OSTs on Blazblue.

Nov 6, 2013 2:47 AM

Mar 2013
I'm pretty sure Tao and Litchi are the only reason I still watch this. I wanna see that Bang guy too. My friend's description of bara guy whose clothes burn off sounds good to me.

Noel is so fucking irritating omfg. Why does she have to be a main character? She's so whiny and pathetic - how did she even become a soldier or whatever she is? I'm so glad Ragna ditched her ass.

Honestly I have... no fucking idea what is going on 90% of the time. I've never played the game, but I watched an episode with a friend who has and even he had no fucking idea what was happening, so it probably doesn't help. Before this anime I'd never even heard of the game and I haven't heard of it since then either, so... I dunno where I'd even buy it - I don't even know what console it's on.

In other news though, I am definitely calling him Ragna the Loli-lover-edge forever now.
Nov 6, 2013 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
That onsen scene made more sense than rest of the episodes combined.
OnbuuNov 6, 2013 3:33 AM
Nov 6, 2013 4:05 AM
Jun 2013
Well i liked it. If you hate it stop watching it. Simple as that. No need to complain. Just leave and don't come back.
Nov 6, 2013 4:20 AM

Sep 2011
itran1 said:
Well i liked it. If you hate it stop watching it. Simple as that. No need to complain. Just leave and don't come back.
oh dont give that bullshit excuse, for starters we cant tell if we hate it until we watch it. And whats the point of anyone dropping this anymore since most of the people putting up with this garbage are fans of the game seeing how big a trainwreck this series would be. we are getting what we expected so why leave

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 6, 2013 4:46 AM
Nov 2013
JizzyHitler, I had been monitoring your comments on every episode for Blazblue Alter Memory.

You tried to criticized this series whenever you had chance which create a negative mindset towards those who has yet to watch the episode. This is supported by your recent comment such as "Every second of every minute of this episode was trash, Fuck this anime"

Every individual has their own opinion in terms of their personal taste and you should Respect it. One may see this as interesting while others may see it differently.

I believe that this episode is still acceptable with the exception of fan-service which is the original scene for this series.

Well, this society supports freedom of expression. None can stop what you are doing.

Take care.
Nov 6, 2013 5:24 AM

Sep 2012
That fanservice.
Faye-Ling have a perfect boobs :3

Platinum the Trinity told Ragna that he must not fight with Terumi because he can't win with his Azure Grimiore. Why's that? Let's see in the next ep.
Nov 6, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
I plan to keep watching it though the ep was silly.

As to some of the people Q_Q ing on the fanservice, what anime doesn't have at least one ep like that now days? Get used to it. Enjoy the show.
Nov 6, 2013 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
Ambient_ said:
Did they really put hotsprings service into my Blazblue?....

Fuck this director.

The existence of the Kaka hot spring is from the game and novels, sure the scene isn't from the game but the hot spring isn't anime original.

The it heals both body and Soul is literally, it really does heal the soul as well.
Nov 6, 2013 8:41 AM

May 2013
Those scenes in the hot spring were funny.
Nov 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
RedArmyShogun said:

what anime doesn't have at least one ep like that now days?
ones that arent pandering garbage, and even if it becomes the norm(which it isnt) that doesnt make it automatically acceptable and forgivable.

RedArmyShogun said:
Get used to it.
I'm not getting used to legitiment flaws in storytelling

RedArmyShogun said:
Enjoy the show.
not happening with shit like that in this as well as all the storytelling problems.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 6, 2013 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
My personal opinion is that this show is so far alright. It's not great, but definitely not horrible like some people have been saying. Art is meh? Yes. OST is mostly reused from tha games? Yes. Onsen episode? What show doesn't have that these days lol (besides, dat Rachel in a swimsuit was worth it and you know it!).
The characters are doing what they are supposed to be doing and the plot is moving on nicely though. So the show is alright with me.
Nov 6, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, didn't expect an onsen episode in this anime.

Oh well, it at least revealed that Ragna is saved by Rachel and she is also responsible for placing the Azure Grimoire on Ragna. Still really have no idea what Rachel's role in the BlazBlue universe, rather than just being a powerful being here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2007
So they rushed the Calamity Trigger plot to show us THIS?! Haha, that's hilarious!
I can't believe they are able to screw up the games' storyline that much
Nov 6, 2013 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Too many haters. If you don't like it then stop watching it.

As for me, meh, I don't care. Gonna continue watching this anyways.
Nov 6, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
Shino-rin said:

I can't believe they are able to screw up the games' storyline that much
Thats honestly the most entertaining part of it, i mean it hurts as a fan but its kind of entertaining to see how badly they fuck this up. Which is probably why this episode cause me to get so mad, the entertainingly bad aspect of it was gone and just replaced with painfully bad.

Lets say hypothetically theres a god i see this anime as punishment for me ragging on the dangan ronpa anime so much, it may have beena poor adaptation, but it could have been so much worse after seeing this

Hey on the bright side 6 episodes left for improveme- yah i cant even say that with a straight face. Lets prepare for the clusterfuck-shift approaching, at least relius might create some scenes fun to watch

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 6, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
Shitty fanservice episode I guess but I must admit Tao's seiyuu got some talents there. She and Sugita are truly hilarious.
Nov 6, 2013 6:28 PM
Jul 2013
That episode so strange.
Nov 6, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was funny.
Annoying with cat girl but I can handle it
Nov 6, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2012
hahahaha, what a surprising episode with all those fanservice scenes.. i enjoyed it though- i mean, Rachel in a swimsuit? fuck yeah.

and of course, Ragna The Loli-lover-edge.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 7, 2013 4:36 AM
Nov 2013
I'm still ashamed to the whole fact they didn't bring Arakune and Bang yet, they're 2 potential characters that change the course of the story.
Otherwise i'm fine with it, i'm not expecting the anime to strictly follow the game version at all. Pretty glad they managed to give a clear visual of Rachel, Platinum and the Grimoire.

Also glad they finally separated Ragna and Noel, as meant to be and can't wait to see the next episode. (BUT I WANT GIGANTIC TAGER)
Nov 7, 2013 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
At first i didn't like the whole hot spring nonesense, but half way through i realised, hey, that's supposed to be a gag-reel-route. xD
Which makes it actually a very close adaptation of the game.

It was actually quite a nice nod to the BlazBlue players, if they actually got the joke.
WalkampfNov 7, 2013 8:14 AM
Nov 7, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
Walkampf said:
At first i didn't like the whole hot spring nonesense, but half way through i realised, hey, that's supposed to be a gag-reel-route. xD
Which makes it actually a very close adaptation of the game.

It was actually quite a nice nod to the BlazBlue players, if they actually got the joke.
I'm not sure what your talking about but theres no gag real involving the springs or any of those characters in said springs, thats completely anime only, the closest this has to a gag ending reference with this ep is hazama's ending just cause
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe4HSBPysxVIemHw0BwHkWw5TF_Xn4TQuePd7ib5aTPX4QdBvARg

your eyes will never recover

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 7, 2013 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
I'm not sure what your talking about but theres no gag real involving the springs or any of those characters in said springs, thats completely anime only,

Yeah, it's anime only.
Since they are not forbidden by law to expand the story, that is what they did.
And they did so in the format of a gag reel.
Nov 7, 2013 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
Stuff happened I dont know.
Didnt like it much
Nov 7, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
Walkampf said:
JizzyHitler said:
I'm not sure what your talking about but theres no gag real involving the springs or any of those characters in said springs, thats completely anime only,

Yeah, it's anime only.
Since they are not forbidden by law to expand the story, that is what they did.
And they did so in the format of a gag reel.
just having comedy doesnt mean its a reference to a gag real, blazblue had shit tons of comedy outside of gag reals. What you said makes no sense

hell being in a gag real like format would mean they ahve to completely break continuity, like how ever single character shows up to the restaurant noel was cooking at or having jin end up ona island of ranking things he doesnt care about. They completly destroy any form of continuity and hence why they were gag endings, this didnt do that, it was just pandering

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 7, 2013 11:04 PM
Mar 2009
An onsen episode? In BLAZBLUE of all things?!? And Rachel, OF ALL PEOPLE, wearing a swimsuit?!

Holyshitdidallthisreallyjusthappen?

Ragna doesn't look too bad with his hair down though, his outburst was kind of stupid. "Don't talk to me with that face! I'm being a big bitch right now!"

And holy shit it's weird seeing Platinum's body talking with Sena's and Luna's voices. They always had the hood on and now I see for good reason.

HAHAHA, Lolicon Edge. I think that was the only thing I really enjoyed about this episode.

Seriously, looks like they just about killed the pacing now. There's no middle ground.
Nov 8, 2013 4:04 AM

Sep 2011
ChronosXIII said:

Ragna doesn't look too bad with his hair down though, his outburst was kind of stupid. "Don't talk to me with that face! I'm being a big bitch right now!"
Heres the thing that really got me about that line, ragna never said that in the games, someone else did say that line in the games

....Jin did, they made ragna act like jin, thats what was really infuriating about this episode to me, anime only scenes for a BB adaption sounds like a good idea to me as you can put all the stories into 1 linear progression, however when you fuck up the personalities of the characters so much theres no point

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

68 by Spygecko »»
Aug 11, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

39 by Vindicater »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 11, 2022 4:46 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 8, 2022 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.