Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 16, 2013 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. I'm starting to like this show :)
Oct 16, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting friendships we have here.

That's kind of messed up, laughing at the driver just because he's trying to do his job. I mean, how is he going to tell her parents that their daughter said she won't be home, with no reason?

Although I like the friendships between seemingly unlikely characters, I don't like Saeki because all she does is cry or complain.

Oct 18, 2013 8:33 AM

Mar 2008
Now that we have all characters introduced (or do we not?), I hope we're not dealing with tea drinking and cakes eating. I really hope we are rather watching an interesting story developing before us. Because so far the show is plain boring, and I'll probably drop it next week if it doesn't get any plot development and keep its focus on cute girls doing cute things mixed with cheap school drama. Kamisama hajimemashita was way ahead in this regard.
Oct 19, 2013 6:56 AM
Oct 2013
I can sence the story building up slowly, showing each character traits little by little. It's getting good ^^

And omg, Gin is so kawaiiiiii!!!! X3
Oct 19, 2013 5:25 PM

Feb 2011
It gives off a pleasant Natsume feeling.
Oct 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
Ummm....not quite all the characters, and if you listened closely to what Gintarao said, I think it's obvious that at least one important character is still to come.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 25, 2013 8:32 PM

Oct 2013
While watching this episode I kept thinking 'damn, this reminds me of something, but what?' Then it dawned on me that Gingitsune is like a Shinto version of those old stop-motion 'Davy and Goliath' (Mormon?) episodes, with the major difference that Gingitsune handles the moral dilemmas with more subtlety instead on hitting you over the head with the solution.

This was an nice episode and I liked the final resolution of the conflict. There were a couple of unexpected developments. I was wondering if the writers might stretch the conflict out over a couple of eps.

The best part of the show, along with the animation, is the friendship between Gintaro and Makoto. I like Gin's world-weary cynicism contrasted with Makoto's wide-eyed innocence. It's funny that Gin does not know how to react to being praised by Makoto. While watching I imagine Gin being played by Mifune Toshiro.

On Funabashi's blushing in the shrine; she blushed when Makoto's dad remarked about compromise.

The brief bullying scenes seem to have offended some viewers, but they served the purpose of advancing the plot, and I can say that nothing in those moments struck me as unbelievable. I've seen people bullied for even more ridiculous reasons than that.
Oct 26, 2013 8:15 AM
Aug 2011
They didn't have to draw those girls' faces so irritating :/
Oct 28, 2013 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
So this anime is about some heart-warming slice of life with a bit of drama but a lot of heart. Nice to see how the 3 very different girls come together this way.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2013 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

One thing is the slow pace typical of the true slice of life, while it is a very different thing the boredom that comes from situations forcibly striking than in the episode in question do lose a bit of interest in the vision. Plot that follows a typical pattern, after knowing the protagonist previously, now we find ourselves in knowing the rest of the characters that will surround the story, so anything so epic. Narratively instead there is little grip, because the arguments used to introduce the characters are not very engaging, almost fake! D:
Nice design, better animations.
Even better however the scenarios and the OST!
I hope he recovers soon.
Nov 2, 2013 9:31 AM

Oct 2008
Liph said:
Akanezora said:
I'm really starting to love this.

Same here, surprisingly enough this is so far the anime I enjoy the most from the season.

My thoughts excatly! Loving it so far :3
Feb 8, 2014 11:29 AM

May 2012
And so they formed a very unique group of friends? Well a pretty decent episode so let's see what's next!
Feb 28, 2014 10:37 PM

Jun 2011
Are we going to have more of these kind of drama? I hope not.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 27, 2014 11:18 AM
May 2012
Man, I would love to visit a shrine!!!
If I am living in Japan, I will always visit a shrine and pay my respects.........hopefully there is a girl there like Makoto too ahahaha.
Those 3 girls are going to be best friends forever <3
Gintaro and Makoto's relationship is really sweet.
Highschool students should always have fun!!!!!!!
They should introduce the main male character already so I can start imagining myself that I am him ahahaha.
Apr 28, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
Man, this show gives me such fuzzy feelings :') Nice of the three of them to become friends after all their misunderstandings and building each character up little by little, like Funabashi's family and their high expectations of her. Yumi is so freaking awesome and hilarious XD Seems like they all understand each other now :3 Haha tsundere Gintarou at the end was pretty funny :P I agree the character art is a little distracting, but everything else looks really nice at least XD
Seems like next episode will focus a bit more on the heralds. The culture aspect is really interesting - like the part about not walking in the middle. Maybe we'll find out more about Gin and the shrine? :O
May 4, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2012
I called the first episode wholesome but this one went the extra mile in that regard. It felt so calming watching those three girls come closer as friends, a feeling the best of all the slice of life series seem to give off. I'll admit Makoto's declaration of love for Gintaro caught me off guard, but it was sweet. :)
Jun 23, 2015 1:15 AM

Aug 2007
I actually tend to rate slice-of-life average to low. So far I wouldn't quite put this in the same category because I think the characters are very interesting. I actually enjoy watching it instead of "getting through it" like a chore.

Sep 28, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Great Episode. Those girls who bullying Funabashi-san were so mean, that whole scenario was kinda disturbing to watch but in the end it was good to see Funabashi and Yumi getting along well.
Aug 28, 2017 7:35 AM

Oct 2015
This anime is promising And has potential especially Gin I wanna see more
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 19, 2022 4:02 PM

Feb 2010
Childish drama, digimon has more plot than this.

Dropped at episode 2 after checking out a few other eps.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

91 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2013

58 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.