Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2013 7:07 PM

Apr 2013
Feels like a good 70s or 80s anime. Some good stuff
Oct 11, 2013 1:26 AM

Jan 2013
Well....that was weird.

All that extreme exaggeration, mindless yelling, and taking the term "over the top" to ridiculous levels I didn't even think possible, resulting in little that's actually emotionally or intellectually engaging for the audience to ponder or relate to. There comes a point when you've tried too hard to make a show lively and rousing and thus you wind up creating something that is actually alienating, jarring, and a turn off for viewers. So watching this felt rather hollow to me TBH.

Also, that fanservice uniform was completely unnecessary and irritating.

Still, it's only the first episode so in the interest of fairness I'll give this show some more time before I decide to keep watching or just dropping it.
Salmon is delicious.
Oct 11, 2013 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
No words can describe...so I'll just leave a link to an image

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/26565579/
Oct 11, 2013 5:50 AM

May 2013
Kinda lame
Oct 11, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
That was GLORIOUS.

ps. i cant hold all these underboobs
Oct 13, 2013 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
FailAtLife said:
What the fuck kind of title is that!!!!1111!!! Kill la Kill trololololololol more like Fap la Fap.

Highschool? Again? Damn Japanese obsessed with highschool girl wearin' short skirt...

Highschool girl: nani nani *giggles*
Damn otaku: hnnnnnnggggggggg *fap*

Gurren Lagann is eh.... BOOBS!!!!!!11!!
This is oh.........fanservice!!!! Naked you bitch!!!

:|
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 13, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2012
Don't know what to say really. Will keep watching.
Oct 13, 2013 11:53 PM
Feb 2013
I'm curious as to where this uniform is going. Its a tad ridiculous and at least they mention that.

But the action was wicked.
Oct 14, 2013 2:39 AM

Jun 2011
First 3minutes in, "Yes I can see why this is so highly rated".

At 17th minute, "Sorry but this is just a piece of crap that tries to mimic cartoon animation style, and tried to be special but epic failed."

Clothes that enhance your physicals, yeah right so special.
Plot? Vengeance.
Action? All over the places, no explanation was done.
Action sequence? Ass pull and plot shield for the female lead.
Characters? Not bad.

Most overrated show of the season. People say that this resembles TTGL? I don't think so.

Edit: And I forgot to mention those attempt on the fanservices. Sigh. AOTS? AOTY? AOTD? AOTC? Don't kid around. Give it 5 years and no one would even still remember this I daresay.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2013 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
The 1st word that crosses my mind is: odd
I didn't like the animation much, and some characters design made me remind of Gurren Lagann (for obvious reasons...), also, lot of fan service, was not waiting for it. I will try it for more 2 episodes and see if it's worth to keep going.
Oct 16, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty good, but... t-t-the fanservice. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Comedy was really funny at times, but I think its randomness will stop being funny after a while.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 18, 2013 2:06 AM

Mar 2008
Nice animation, but the so called "plot" sucks donkey balls.
edit: yeah, I did noticed it's trying to be some sort of deconstruction by going over the top and mocking several situation usually found in school life anime....
Vanessa-Oct 18, 2013 2:10 AM
Oct 18, 2013 5:00 AM

Oct 2009
This is a terrible anime. I still watched episode 2 to see what s coming next but that just reinforced my opinion. I am dropping this. An anime for little kids at best.
Oct 19, 2013 11:55 AM
Oct 2013
I loved episode 1 i am now waiting for episode 4
You can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hII7TS8iuLs
Oct 20, 2013 8:24 AM

Aug 2008
Oh my gawd! I have to say this show is OVER 9000!

Well, anyway, is it just me or are sword/weapon wielding girls a new kind of character trend this season, e.g. mirai kuriyama, ryuko matoi and yukina himeragi?
FalloutShounen3Oct 20, 2013 8:54 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Oct 21, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2011
Best anime I've seen in a while!!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 21, 2013 11:05 AM

Oct 2012
Ugly-animated nonsensical stupid noisy slapstick with horrible shitty story that no fanservice can save. Precisely the type of anime I am allergic to.

This is no way artistic or different and anyone who says that is just advocating untenable. Cause Kill la Kill is made with its only purpose - to shock the audience and to go against the mainstream so hard it's almost visible. I have to say was expecting a lot different from Trigger and this studio now drop off for me.
FLCL is masterpiece in comparison with this.

Rewston said:
I don't understand what all the hype is about, right now I consider dropping this show..
There was fighting and then some more fighting, and some more..
"I feel like I've watched the whole damn series"
Yes, and I just had about enough if the whole show is gonna be like this, I'm gonna give it another 1-2 episodes, if it ain't improving, I'm dropping it.
Edit: It's funny reading all the comments and find out how simple minded some people are.
"Anime of the decade" - No, don't think so :P

Precisely my thoughts, I really don't get this hype and those high scores all over MAL and anidb. If anyone cares to explain why this anime is such a masterpiece, please do so.
Mich666Oct 21, 2013 11:22 AM
Oct 23, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
so as much as i wanna hate on the season's jewel anime, that was tsugoi up the butt
*facepalm*
Oct 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Aug 2007
Well, this episode was good enough to catch my attention. I will continue until I decide to watch it to the end or the eventually see a few episodes until I decide to drop it.
Oct 28, 2013 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
The art/animation is obviously it's biggest selling point.

Although the story does seem rather....dumb.

Still, it was pretty entertaining.

Also, I like the MC...and I'm glad it's one of those badass type of girls.
Oct 31, 2013 10:05 PM
Mar 2009
Holy shit, that was every bit over-the-top and absolutely fucking ridiculous as I expected it to be, when I read the TTGL guys were on this.

Show is looking damn fine. Dat art, dem battles, dat comedy gold.

I wouldn't go so far as to say, "Anime is saved!" but this episode was definitely awesome.
Nov 4, 2013 9:06 PM

Aug 2007
Well...
I guess I'm not liking the pacing very much.
I get that's suppose to be the style, but the plot so far is eh...
The animation is neat, the main character is hot with her suit but other than that?
There wasn't much that impressed me. I hope this gets better with time.

Nov 6, 2013 1:11 PM

Dec 2008
What the hell did I just watch?! *dizzy*
Nov 16, 2013 9:18 AM
Dec 2010
I'm not sure what I just saw, but I'm pretty sure it was awesome in every sense of the word. O.O
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Nov 19, 2013 2:47 PM
Sep 2012
the anime(drawing) technique use to this one.... is awesome @_@

i wish this will be my Top 1 anime this year
Nov 22, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2010
Wow. I really wouldn't expect anything else from Trigger (credentialing) Gainex of course. But, what a start to the series. Loved every bit of it. I kind of see too much of Gainex's stamp on some of the work, but that's not to say it wasn't bad. I was just hoping for something on the diverse side. It almost felt like a mix of ''Black Rock Shooter'' and ''Gurren..'' . Either way, great start. Looking forward to the next!
Nov 23, 2013 2:10 AM

Oct 2012
the art looks weird to me... :/

Nov 27, 2013 7:56 PM
Nov 2013
I was like "What the fuh-?" throughout the entire episode. Amazing action and hilarious off the wall humor.

Its not often that the main character gets over with me so quickly. I'm frickin' loving Ryuko.
Nov 29, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2008
It tries very hard, so hard that it just ended up leaving me completely unimpressed.
Dec 2, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2013
Well, this was funny in some parts.

I will keep watching.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 3, 2013 9:50 AM

Oct 2012
Not bad starter, the animation feels a little weird but i guess it will be fine, Ryuuko is kinda bad ass and got quite the uniform XD, looking forward to this series.
Dec 23, 2013 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
The art style and the anime in general... too Cartoon-Networky

meh
Dec 26, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm..so let me get this? All this people here calling for "awesomeness" and all that shit are just the type that also loved TTGL and over crazy action stuff and this specific type of animation?
Cause sorry but i don't see what makes this sooo amazing at all. Yeah ok i dislike this type of artwork and animation were they just make movements by twisting the artwork etc but is not something i can't get used but what exactly is it that makes this so awesome in the whole spec of things?
We got an interesting premise about those uniforms etc and it can be a nice entertaining show but that is nothing to already scream that is perfect. Is it me or is everybody just deciding that is awesome because they like this type of crazy style anime like TTGL and FLCL and will love it no matter what?

Btw unlike others i actually to hope for more fanservice. I thing it suits this anime. And i love to see the faces all those who loved but feel the uniform fan-service was a bad moment like suddenly anything fanservice destroys everything while they are so happy about cheap over the top action. I hope it throws as much fanservice is your hypocritical face that it gets all twisted from anguish.

jayvon said:
Holy shit what the fuck is this show! This shit reminds me of FLCL and Gurren Lagann.

It is obviously based on that style.

Tony777 said:
Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
You gotta be a Gurren Lagann fan to like this and considering I ain't one I'm dropping this.

Not true at all, this is nothing like the overrated TTGL.

Well considering this just the first episode and people are yelling on how is the best thing ever just because of the usual crazy TTGL style action stuff(why are those suppose to be such a great thing am at lost, they seem so childish and yet people drool over them, is fast pace crazy action all this people care about?) than i don't see how this isn't overrated already.

Uber_Dewber said:
Puts you right into the action, looks like they were intending for a strong start. At first, I was drawn in.. but then comes the fanservice. It's not that I "hate" fanservice, it's just that it makes things slightly less serious for me. Thus, I can't take the anime as serious as I was hoping to.

Will watch the next few episodes though just to see where it's going.

Is this a joke? You got people acting in completely crazy ways, with super uniforms and crazy extremely over the top action and fanservice takes away the seriousness? What seriousness? The whole thing is like a child fantasy.

JustALEX said:
The art/animation is obviously it's biggest selling point.

Why though? That artwork style isn't really good at all. Actually is a lot less detailed and cheap. Is just the love for that different feel?
MonadDec 27, 2013 1:46 AM
Dec 29, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
WELL, that was ... interesting O_O Kind of reminds me of Panty and Stocking with the art style :P The premise of the school is really interesting ... school uniforms that give you powers?! XD Sick. So Ryuuko wants to find out what's behind the scissors ... and WOW DAT UNIFORM LOL. Fanservice FTW? ;P Like when her friend was hanging upside down OMG XD
So hopefully we get to find out what the heck that uniform is. I mean the president seems like she knows Ryuuko's family ... I wanna know more about the student council too! Especially the sports guy and the tactics guy :P
Maybe this is a good time to marathon to catch up haha XD
Jan 5, 2014 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
Dang
Jan 6, 2014 12:14 AM
Jul 2018

Little weird but liked the action.
Jan 8, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
Don't really fancy the art style but everything else is awesome!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 9, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
I loved FLCL and TTGL and love that this show is kind of like a fusion of both. Also, I've never been a fan of Ami Koshimizu's voice, mainly because she voiced characters I dislike, like Nina and Kallen, but surprisingly, I really loved her deep tomboyish voice in here and her performance was superb overall. I also liked the student council president, even though she looked like bad news.

Hope the quality featured here will be maintained throughout the show.
Jan 13, 2014 6:29 AM

May 2013
Kinda remind me of TTGL . Brillian episode and awesome action . totally loved it
Jan 14, 2014 1:06 PM
Jan 2013
This has been bothering the hell out of me. Does anybody know the song that starts playing at about 14 minutes in. It's the acoustic guitar background when Ryuko is in front of her father's house when it's raining. I looked on the OST but couldn't find it; I'm assuming it wasn't put there because it's too short, but I think it might be part of a longer song.

Also, goosebumps everywhere. The entire damn show.
Jan 19, 2014 2:55 PM
Dec 2012
That was awesome.
Jan 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2009
Great start!! a little fast, so much happened in one episode I thought it would never end. It was fun to watch and everything happened so quickly lol.
I like it though. definitely a ride worth taking

Feb 2, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
Well, a power up in the first episode. I can see this escalating to the same levels as TTGL. Though the later started with mecha, so they are actually lagging behind here..

Also, that uniform. I don't mind fanservice, and she certainly has a great body, but i do not like that uniform in particular.

Also: They did keep her bathered up face rather long, but the blood running down her arm was gone the moment she turned around as the uniform spoke. And although she mentions the wound having reopened, we didn't get to see it before.

Altogether not really a problem, but a bit consistency never hurts.
Feb 10, 2014 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
This is so damn good. I've been dying for another anime like this since Gurren Lagan, love how over the top it is. We need more shows like this.
Feb 14, 2014 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
Not a huge fan of the animation, looked kind of cheap and like something I would expect out of a video game. 3/5
Feb 20, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2013
not what i was expecting at all. surpirsingly cool, but lets hope it can lay some groundwork without just being absolutely insane
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 20, 2014 11:44 PM
Feb 2014
Some crazy serie... dam hilarious!
~~~
Mar 3, 2014 6:00 PM
Jul 2013
WOAH only 20 minutes had passed but it seemed like i had already watched half of the show. So much development in one episode. Amazing.
Mar 5, 2014 8:25 PM

Apr 2010
I can tell this is going to become a classic anime. The dialect sounds more informal or ... inner city? Anyway, can't wait to see where this anime going.
Mar 24, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
ACTION, ACTION, ACTION!
'Nuff said! ^__________^
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.