Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2013 1:23 AM
Feb 2013
MrDressup said:
Sparkfire said:
(or maybe he really doesn't care about 'real girls' after all).

I think there is enough evidence that he does care about Chihiro. Just because they don't reconcile right now doesn't mean they won't ever. Though I can't say if they'll ever talk it out and move on (together or apart) for sure. We'll have to see what the author does with these two.

i seriously want to thank you it pisesses me of how they made the ending ...it was awesome but so many questions...if they dont make a season 4 il have to read the whole manga bcs i seriously want him to date Chihiro and play games....find the balance somewhere :D
Sep 24, 2013 1:27 AM
Jul 2013
Manderton said:
zeroArc said:
Before this arc I didn't really like Chihiro and she was at the bottom of the list, now however she is becoming one of my favourite girls in this anime and I do hope she ends up with Keima.

This is what the goddess arc does to people. Chihiro is best once you come to learn more abotut her character and she gets the developments she deserves. She still deserves a way better ending than this of course.
I completely agree. This arc really converts people on who they're shipping for. I used to be Ayumi x Keima fan until I read the manga, then few months later this arc gets animated and now we are drowning with feels

This episode especially the scenes with Chihiro makes me even more impatient about the manga. Fucking Feels everywhere!!!
Sep 24, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2013
YEAAAAHHHH \(^0^)/ NICE ENDING !!!!!!!!
Sep 24, 2013 1:39 AM

Jul 2013
FEELS! TT .TT
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Sep 24, 2013 1:42 AM

Nov 2010
Finally could watch the last episode.

Okay, so "The memories of my first love" part is a pretty excellent adaptation. Actually I saw some direction that probably could improve that part a bit (such as pushing the chihiro's tears part for a sec or two so it come along with crowds cheering. The drawing itself is epic, though.), but I like some little touches such as some memories flowing alongside the outro. Overall I'm satisfied, definitely had some feels there.

However, the whole "bye-bye" scene unexpectedly hit me really hard, I am surprised that they could give a much better emphasis for FEELS there. It also gave a new interpretation for the tears that were shed by Keima, I always thought that it was about the rejection scene.

Overall, 10/10 ending, 9/10 series. The only real flaw is the skipped arcs and lack of 2-3 more episodes for better pacing, but the execution for what they could do is basically perfect. Thank you very much, Manglobe!

Anyway, the next arc is basically a more plot-oriented arc and didn't have an impact at the scale of Goddess Arc (yet), but it's steadily escalating itself. I hope it will be adapted one day, although the chance for it would be close to nil.
Sep 24, 2013 2:17 AM

Mar 2013
I was rating this anime 9/10 (the highest rating for any of the series/OVAs) but this episode was just so rushed and deux es machina. I feel really disappointed, especially that Vintage literally got defeated in a like 30 second scene. I mean, seriously?
Sep 24, 2013 2:23 AM

Sep 2012
I cried with Chihiro... pretty sure I don't have to say more...
Sep 24, 2013 2:31 AM

Dec 2012
Keima really changed after Chihiro's conquest..

Was a fun watch though ^^ 9/10
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 24, 2013 3:32 AM

Mar 2012
straggy said:
I was rating this anime 9/10 (the highest rating for any of the series/OVAs) but this episode was just so rushed and deux es machina. I feel really disappointed, especially that Vintage literally got defeated in a like 30 second scene. I mean, seriously?
This isn't action manga after all.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 24, 2013 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
CHIHIROOOOOO! I really hope that she ends up with Keima in the later chapters. Dang, I want to read the manga now and see what's going on.

The goddess arc really improved the development of the characters! Never liked Chihiro that much, but now she'is now on my top list..

Btw, how did Diana get wings? Did I miss something or did they even explain it?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 24, 2013 4:02 AM

Nov 2010
jbeat said:
CHIHIROOOOOO! I really hope that she ends up with Keima in the later chapters. Dang, I want to read the manga now and see what's going on.

The goddess arc really improved the development of the characters! Never liked Chihiro that much, but now she'is now on my top list..

Btw, how did Diana get wings? Did I miss something or did they even explain it?

Tenri whispered her "secret" to Diana, and that's the cause. Basically it's S4 material, and the exact content of the whisper is still not revealed yet, even in the latest manga chapters (but it's definitely going there). There's still a ton of unanswered questions left in Goddess Arc, it's an emotional closure afterall (while the next arc most likely is a plot closure)
Sep 24, 2013 4:21 AM

May 2010
Lune is so crazy... He hugged Chihiro, such a OTP!

Ayumi in that dress, and Chihiro giving her a push... Their scenes were cute and funny, but my chihiro... so hurtful...

Mercury is as great as I thought. Akari, I really loved this girl and so happy to see her!

Chihiro.... I was like, stop her Keima! Don't cry... this girl, she is really.... amazing... I am so so glad to love her, I have been in love with her since her first appearance. I noticed her when she was little well-known, so I know how I am happy to be a Chihi-lover (A Word for "Chihiro Lover" by me xD) She was shining before his eyes, Oh God, this otp! He notices her more than his other conquests for sure, perhaps even like her unknowingly,

That pick...That song!... When their wings sprouted, the look on chihiro's face... HE CRIED FOR HER!... I can't.. Please end up together already!... She is the epitome of 'normal girl' epicness, and he is a galge lover, perfection!

Koi no shirushi at end... keima has changed, thanks to the people around him, Elsie, goddesses, and most importantly, thanks to chihiro..... I am going to miss it so much, 10/10 and Season 4 please!...
TragicRomanceSep 24, 2013 4:25 AM
Sep 24, 2013 4:58 AM

May 2013
Now everyone should go and read the manga!(Especially the skipped conquests, and the next arc!)
Sep 24, 2013 4:58 AM
Apr 2013
i feel so sad for chihiro

she should not been involved at all

she was told so many hurtfull things

i want to see a new episode though a new season

where he actually either choose 1 or choose all!
Sep 24, 2013 5:25 AM

Aug 2012
gonna repost this question again, probably someone got the answer..

This is a question I've been wondering for a long time, ever since i read the manga. We already know the fact that Chihiro couldn't see what happened to Ayumi after Mercury emerged, she couldn't see them. Later, in that scene where all the Goddesses were spreading their wings on stage, we can see that Chihiro was the only human who can see them, right? Anyone can explain why was she suddenly able to see the goddesses?

probably there's already explanation in the manga that maybe i missed?

TragicRomance said:
I noticed her when she was little well-known, so I know how I am happy to be a Chihi-lover (A Word for "Chihiro Lover" by me xD) She was shining before his eyes, Oh God, this otp

Chihi-lover? sounds great XD yes, She and Keima = OTP
ChoroshiSep 24, 2013 6:25 AM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 24, 2013 5:36 AM

Apr 2011
sooooooooo

How did Diana get her wings ?
Sep 24, 2013 5:43 AM

Feb 2010
Now that was a really Great Ending, Manglobe did an awesome job adapting the Goddess Arc.

Hopefully once the manga has enough material they Adapt it for another season :D
Sep 24, 2013 6:15 AM

May 2013
That ENDING gave me feels T_T. Great series 10/10

and I Demand a season 4 of this or OVA for those arcs that they skipped!
Sep 24, 2013 6:19 AM
Jul 2013
Choroshi said:

This is a question I've been wondering for a long time, ever since i read the manga. We already know the fact that Chihiro couldn't see what happened to Ayumi after Mercury emerged, she couldn't see them. Later, in that scene where all the Goddesses was spreading their wings on stage, we can see that Chihiro is the only human who can see them, right? Anyone can explain why was she suddenly able to see the goddess?

Well, this is one of the things that have not been explained yet even in the manga. Lots of fans were arguing about this for quite a long time even today. I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that Wakaki kinda said something about Chihiro in his tweeter in the end of goddesses arc I think. Every question will probably clear out as soon as the "current" arc is finished.
Sep 24, 2013 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
i feel sad for Chihiro :( cool song so sad it's over let's hope for another season
Sep 24, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Valaskjalf said:
sooooooooo

How did Diana get her wings ?

All we know is that it has something to do with what Tenri told Diana. What she told her is still unknown, even in the manga but most likely will be revealed later on in the current arc. Also, in episode 4 you can see Diana/Tenri getting wings, though they're probably undeveloped since they're see-through. See here: http://oi39.tinypic.com/mb47tf.jpg
That scene always bothered me because I first thought it was a way for the animation team to explain Diana getting her wings in a less confusing way (the scene doesn't happen in the manga) but then Diana still kept on saying she didn't have any.
mewygirlSep 24, 2013 7:13 AM
Sep 24, 2013 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
more please. :(
It's too short
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 24, 2013 8:19 AM
Feb 2013
Oh dear, is Keima feeling remorseful for what he did to Chihiro?

I wonder if there will be a season 4 of this thing?
Sep 24, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2013
Hmm.. I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS RIGHT NOW!

Loved the first two seasons, but I have to say I'm not a fan of chihiro, she's kind of masculine and her voice is unattractive IMO.

Either way I wanted him to at least end up with someone.. even if it was her. ._.

I like that keima stayed true to he was as a gamer until the very end.
The anime overall was great, the ending was sort of unsatisfying and bitter for me, but I won't let that tank my rating TOO much.

8.5/10
Sep 24, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2008
straggy said:

How is it a deus ex machina?
The goddesses managed to destroy and seal the full powered weiss in the past, now that they regained their power it's not a bunch of low level devil like Vintage that will be able to do anything against them.

This show isn't an action show, even in the manga the fight with the goddesses against vintage was pretty much skipped because that's not the point of the manga at all.

The goddesses regained their power and defeated Vintage, period. If you need to see an one side massacre to back up that information then I'm sorry but you aren't at the right place.

RazorRamona200 said:
Oh dear, is Keima feeling remorseful for what he did to Chihiro?

I wonder if there will be a season 4 of this thing?

Yes and he still feel very remorseful about what he did to Chihiro even at the current latest chapter of the manga.

It's possible for a fourth season to start but I somehow doubt it. For a starter, they didn't show any teaser. Also this is the first and probably last (until the end) point where this feel as an actual conclusion so if they had to decide to end it somewhere, it'd be now. The next arc is not over in the manga yet so they'll have to wait for it to be near the end to actually even consider doing a fourth season.
Sep 24, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2012
equanternal272 said:
Choroshi said:

This is a question I've been wondering for a long time, ever since i read the manga. We already know the fact that Chihiro couldn't see what happened to Ayumi after Mercury emerged, she couldn't see them. Later, in that scene where all the Goddesses were spreading their wings on stage, we can see that Chihiro was the only human who can see them, right? Anyone can explain why was she suddenly able to see the goddesses?

Well, this is one of the things that have not been explained yet even in the manga. Lots of fans were arguing about this for quite a long time even today. I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that Wakaki kinda said something about Chihiro in his tweeter in the end of goddesses arc I think. Every question will probably clear out as soon as the "current" arc is finished.

thanks for the reply. I see, so it hasn't been explained yet in the manga.. i do hope that Wakaki-sensei will explain more about this in the future. The current arc is pretty interesting

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 24, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2011
As much as I love Ayumi reconquest(best conquest evaaaa) I really do feel sorry for Chihiro and the anime did a better job for giving me more feels than the manga....

well Keima is broken(shows that he has a human heart)....
Sep 24, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
Chillax people.. the manga is still ongoing, this is one of those series that will get animated constantly because the manga is quite popular so I'm pretty sure it'll get more seasons. I know it's not SnK, OP, Naruto, or Bleach but there are others like Hayate no Gotoku and Gintama that keep getting more seasons following the manga.

Now to this anime, it's definitely the absolute best TWOGK season so far. The romance, the tension, the characters, the music, all of them are top notch. I wasn't really a big fan of TWOGK when I first watched the first season but they keep getting better. Season 2 was great, this one is a masterpiece. 10/10
Sep 24, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2010
Best KamiNomi season to date..... Fantastic ending.....

Final Episode - 5/5
Series - 8/10
Sep 24, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2011
T___________T Keima and Chihiro feels
Sep 24, 2013 10:59 AM
Oct 2010
Best season in my book, no doubt about that. As others stated, some OVAs that show some of the arcs they skpped over had been nice. Especially Yui's conquest.

Also, I was glad to see that they included Tenri's cut-off conversation with Diana that ties into the next arc.
Sep 24, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2013
Anyone else think that the last 30 seconds or so hints at a potential season 4? If not, ill be very sad because even though the manga is ongoing, its just not the same, at least to me anyway.

I suppose I should be grateful that we got a third season at all since apparently the first two seasons didn't sell well. Hopefully it's not the end of my 2nd favourite anime. 10/10
Sep 24, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
koi no shirushi almost killed me there
love it when they bring back an old song
Sep 24, 2013 11:51 AM

May 2008
9/10 Season 4 tyvm hope they carry on adapting this anime
Sep 24, 2013 12:04 PM

Nov 2010
Best of TWGOK yet
Still a bit sad about the skipped parts shown in the first episode

Looking forward to next season
Sep 24, 2013 12:27 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Actually positively surprised at the second half of this season, much better than earlier episodes imo.
Sep 24, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
Really liked it, Chihiro has always been my favorite so i felt bad for her.. I really hope there is a 4th season, if not ill read the manga.. i need more!
Sep 24, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
Keima loves Chihiro but cant say it cause of this thing around hes neck, that sucks
personally i ton't care with who he ends up with :), maybe its cause the chars have not grown on me yet
Sugram22Oct 8, 2013 9:03 AM
Sep 24, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
9.9/10 for cut content

Chihiro has stolen all of my feels
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 24, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
That was amazing, 10/10 as an anime, kind of wishing it was 2 cour due to the missing material (possibly could have done something like flashbacks to the captures that related to the Goddess Arc plot like Yui or Tsukiyo instead of how it was done in the anime itself).

Dat end.
Them feels.
All of dat.
Tutturu ~
Sep 24, 2013 4:16 PM
Oct 2012
"...If the ideal world can be found in a crappy game, then it can be found in the real world as well..."

Keima has gone a long way from season 1. A long, LONG way. He may still be a gamer at heart, but he finally sees the real in a different light.

He would never have cried over a real girl, where it not for the 'realest' of the real girls. Chihiro really knows how to put down the god Keima and make him the most human he's ever been.

Manglobe, I'm really sorry that I doubted you. Lots of respect here. Cramming 75+ chapters in 12 episodes without severely compromising the story is a feat that many other production studios fail, but Manglobe didn't IMO. Looking forward to Samurai Flamenco. Also, HOLY FREAKING SAKUGA IN THIS EPISODE!

The 10/10 stays, no matter how much content was cut. I give this score to anime that made me watch every episode, come hell or high water. The World God Only Knows: Goddess Arc just did that.
XLNCSep 24, 2013 4:23 PM
Sep 24, 2013 4:17 PM

May 2013
Well first off to my impression on the entire season is 10/10 and did not disappoint me in the slightest. There was a lot of emotion in this episode especially the very last part with concert at the festival as our main character feeling some serious regrets as Chihiro tears up on stage.

As for season 4? I believe this anime will and should be given the green light for season 4. The manga is still continuing as we speak so hopefully we will see a season 4 in the future. I throughly enjoy the ride that is "The World Only God Knows"
Sep 24, 2013 4:26 PM

Feb 2013
I love this ending, but feel really bad for Keima and Chihiro though :C
Sep 24, 2013 4:42 PM

Aug 2011
Better than the last two seasons.

Sad Chihiro ;__:
Sep 24, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2011
I must say I really love this series, and this:

wheresthehandle said:

Chihiro has stolen all of my feels

Also in my opinion anime did a great job in focusing on the girls instead of the hell bullshit, which was shorten to the needed minimum :)
Sep 24, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2011
I was waiting for this concert forever. I thought it would happen much earlier, but I guess my memory of what happened in the manga is fuzzier than I thought. I'll miss this show so much. The manga is great, but there's just no beating the feeling of seeing it adapted. Thank you Manglobe for adapting Kaminomi by the boo- er, manga.

Ayumi da bess.
Sep 24, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2010
Here i was saying Kami nomi have faithful adaptation and they decided to skip half manga and lots of stuff even from Megami arc. Glad i decided to marathon it - it became enjoyable at-least - or i would've been furious. In the end, it was so rushed and didn't do proper justice to manga imo. This whole megami arc deserved 24 episodes, then it would've been much more enjoyable.
Sep 24, 2013 5:44 PM
Sep 2013
Damn, my feels. Chihiro :(
Sep 24, 2013 5:49 PM
Feb 2008
I Like very this season :) hope 4th season, but is difficul, va pasar mucho tiempo para que veamos a Keima en accion nuevamente ( sorry for used spanish), that song chihiho is very sad, She found his first love in Keima, I am Shipper of Kei x Chi this episode is <3 for they, hug, Bye Bye and the song...
In spanish

Sorry for my english of google traductor...xD
Sep 24, 2013 5:52 PM
Jan 2012
Great character development. Fucking love the facial expressions of the qq'ing chihiro and keima. So many feels. And can someone tell me what the whisper translates to at the end of the episode? Right at the end, and after the ED of S1?

Edit: S4 pls kthxbai
Master7432Sep 24, 2013 6:09 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.