Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Mar 2013
Funny thing, I actually pieced together that it was Enoshima Jinko a little before the reveal by accident: I was rewinding through the photos to see Kirigiri in a one piece again when I realized that Jinko's face was conspicuously absent from each and every picture.
Wasn't too hard to draw the dots from there, the twin thing aside.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Sep 27, 2013 6:38 AM

Aug 2007
Now, the things are getting interesting, thats good :3 and the misteries are getting resolved. Now to wait until the last episode with subs are out.
Sep 27, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
one thing that got me was......wasnt there suppose to be one less body Naegi found since the pompadour turned into butter?

devil horned junko laughing face is great
Sep 28, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2013
This episode was a bit confusing
Sep 28, 2013 9:34 AM

Aug 2009
dannymilk said:
one thing that got me was......wasnt there suppose to be one less body Naegi found since the pompadour turned into butter?

Maybe when you open Oowada's container you'll only find a box of butter? T___T
Sep 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2011
11 pages and not a single mention of Koyama Rikiya as the Principal's VA? Shame on you!

He's not even on the characters page :(
Oct 1, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
WOOOOW,
i thought Junko was too kawaaii to die.

wish there was a manga of this.
Oct 1, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
zombiepika said:
WOOOOW,
i thought Junko was too kawaaii to die.

wish there was a manga of this.

oh wait there is, for somereason i thought this was just a psp game
= =
Oct 2, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2011
When I thought that this show redeemed itself with the previous episode, this episode is yet again, to disappoint me. I don't get how can the MC reach that conclusion with just the provided hints. The mystery of this show is quite interesting, but it fails so hard.

While watching the previous episode I was thinking that they should be given a handicap or something like unlocking all the doors in the school, otherwise it wouldn't be fair, and I am glad that they did it in this episode.

Seriously, do they need to make everyone look like Genocider Syo after they were exposed to their crime? -.- It's getting lame.

I have a lot of complains, but never mind, the twist look cool ^^ Lets head to the last episode.

Edit: Amnesia should be pretty predictable, though it might be more logical to say that their memories were removed. Or else they wouldn't even remember their own name
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2013 1:28 PM

May 2012
Zomg what epic character development, can't believe he's actually right and well damn that sure was nice! I do wonder what last episode will offer us!
Oct 3, 2013 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
The hell, I wasn't expecting this (though I was wondering why she is wearing those monkuma clips on all pictures - now I know). Forward to final episode now!
Oct 6, 2013 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
I have no idea how he was able to conclude that Junk was responsible.

Whatever, asspulls everywhere, while the rest of the cast doesn't have a brain to contribute to solving this mystery.
Oct 12, 2013 11:02 AM
May 2012
:O I didn't expect that!!!!! That is awesome I guess and damn Junko is so hot :3

Well last episode is next so I hope that the ending will satisfy me :D
Oct 12, 2013 11:06 AM
Nov 2008
Solkiskey said:
Holy shit. That Jojo reference. I totally didn't catch it in the game, how could I be so blind!?

What JoJo reference ?
Oct 20, 2013 11:02 PM

May 2009
MellowJello said:
I have no idea how he was able to conclude that Junk was responsible.

Whatever, asspulls everywhere, while the rest of the cast doesn't have a brain to contribute to solving this mystery.

It just seems like asspull cause there was no time
in the game it is done pretty obvious
Nov 23, 2013 4:33 PM
Mar 2010
Enjoyed this episode, I didn't see the reveal coming but looking back I understand where it came from. Looking forward to seeing the ending!
Nov 23, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
Am I the only one who hates Junko?
Dec 9, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2011
I kind of suspected her since she was the only who whose death was not announced but still lol.

The fact the Kirigiri does not have a mark does not prove her innocence. In fact it is easily explained by the fact that her hands are burned. If her hands are scarred to that degree is natural for the mark to not appear.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 27, 2013 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
I'm kinda glad that she is back....Junko or whatever. That's weird but I was sad that she died so soon in the first place. But now that I think about it, she's not the one that died.....Oh well.
moniiloveDec 27, 2013 9:47 PM
Jan 10, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2011
Holy shit... wow that revelation was great. And going back to it all, everything did hinted at Junko for being the mastermind. Nicely done and I thought the amnesia part was hinted at very strongly throughout the series as well.

Mittee said:
Junko

Mukuro
Interesting to see the actual comparison. Only thing that I personally noticed going back to the eps were the freckles on Junko's (Mukuro) face in the earlier eps.
Jan 11, 2014 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
NotJizzyHitler said:
havent watched it yet, but man i feel so bad for the anime only watchers getting left off on a twist like that, thats just cruel
Apr 29, 2014 5:43 AM
Oct 2013
Man, the court scenes are always fast. They don't even give you time to put the pieces together. So Junko was the mastermind behind this? Even though she admitted it somethings still not right. about to watch the last episode.

Tengai said:
damn Junko is so hot :3

Truer words my friend, Truer words.
Light502Apr 29, 2014 5:46 AM
May 31, 2014 12:50 PM

Feb 2013
I don't understand just yet. And why didn't they show Kyouko's hands? They've showed corpses.
Jun 16, 2014 3:56 AM

Jun 2013
Right after I gained access in the second floor of the dormitory(in the game version) then I roamed around, then there was a secret room then Kirigiri came with me(or Naegi), then I saw that box. I guessed the box contained something horrible. Then I was right, except that I didn't think it would be a skull of the headmaster.
Wow, just wow. I felt bad for Kirigiri's father.
Junko, you're cornered. Don't deny it. -.-
Jul 7, 2014 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
God, that was so fast... But still, it was an exciting plot twist. Honestly, it never crossed my mind (and believe me, I'm guessing a lot of killers so far XD).
Anyway, lets get the last one rolling.
removed-userJul 7, 2014 9:58 AM
Jul 13, 2014 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
Genocider Syo's tongue is longer but Junko just oozes with "I'm crazier than that b*tch* aura brings Syo to shame.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2014 11:38 AM

Mar 2013
Good fucking lord, this adaptation is going soooooo fast through everything. I mean, I LOVE Danganronpa (the game), but this anime just... well... it doesn't make me love it more. There are a few things I've liked about it so far, but overall, it's a disappointment compared to the game.

You never get a sense of belonging in it. I think that's one of my biggest gripes with it, but certainly not the only one.
HarlequinaJul 24, 2014 11:43 AM
Aug 4, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm, I felt something was suspicious about her. I wonder how it'd all turn out now.
Aug 26, 2014 11:27 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode! What a twist! So I guess the fake Junko(Mukuro) has freckles and the real one doesn't. The fake Junko saying that photoshop was the reason why she didn't have freckles on the magizines was a nice cover up for the real one. Also the real Junko swwms to have a bigger bust size or I'm just seeing things. Does that mean Junko killed her older sister? How can she agree with that? I hope they explain that. Wow. I never expected that to happen.

I guess there no point in playing the game anymore, is there?
Apr 28, 2015 6:37 PM

Nov 2014
I knew something was fishy when Junko's face was covered in every single photo! I can't believe she was the mastermind all this time and there was a fake Junko...now that photoshop comment back in episode 2 makes sense since they had their differences in looks.

Wonder how this is gonna end!
May 30, 2015 2:13 AM
Mar 2013
Those group pictures are really cute! Brilliant that Naegi noticed her hidden face on those pictures.
Aug 25, 2015 11:28 PM

Sep 2013
Oh I see. The fat guy had notice them. He said that she looked different from her photos on the magazines. She actually did, the one that died had freckles and the one in the magazine didn't.

But, when I said that he notice I didn't mean that he figure it out. Just by him saying that we could of concluded who was the mastermind.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 26, 2015 1:52 PM

Mar 2015
I knew that blonde have something with her. No way she's the only one who got killed without being murdered.

Damn... that means the plot twist is not that they're still alive.. but they're actually dead...

Sep 26, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2015
Ehh that Junko is really over the top split personality

That end credit scene seems to be open ending. I mean we don't know what happened next...

maybe i should pick up the VN games.

Nov 28, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2007
I know it's been some time but I found some things to be unclear about this episode.

During the classroom trial, Naegi said that there were only 9 corpses in the biology room(?) when there should have been 10. That lead him to deduce that one of the corpses had been "recycled", and further proving his deduction was that the latest corpse they found had the same wounds as Junko Enoshima's, who was killed in the earlier episodes.

I started getting confused when the others were saying that since the corpse they found was not Mukuro's, Mukuro must be the killer. Naegi said no, so Monokuma replied that it must be one of the 6 other survivors then. Naegi said no again, because if Mukuro was the mastermind (and the masked killer), then she should have the fenrir tattoo on her hand, but the masked killer he saw did not have the tattoo so the masked killer/mastermind is definitely not Mukuro. Monokuma then starts accusing Kirigiri, saying she had been wearing gloves the entire time. Kirigiri reveals her hand, supposedly covered in burn scars, and that clears her from being the mastermind.

This is what I don't get. Why did Monokuma accuse Kirigiri in the first place? Is he implying that she was wearing gloves because she was hiding a tattoo? If she did have a fenrir tattoo, that would make her a mercenary (and maybe even Mukuro herself), which she was not (but if she was, that would further complicate the story and require more explanations). If her hand did not have a tattoo, that would make her just as suspicious as the other students because none of them had a fenrir tattoo.

Basically, I'm just confused why Monokuma singled Kirigiri out. Maybe he was desperate at that point? Or he really just thought of her as a nuisance and wanted to get rid of her? Or maybe I'm just overthinking this all -_- but it's really bothering me enough to revive a 2 year old thread. What do you guys think?
^_^
Dec 2, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
jet2r0cks said:
I know it's been some time but I found some things to be unclear about this episode.

During the classroom trial, Naegi said that there were only 9 corpses in the biology room(?) when there should have been 10. That lead him to deduce that one of the corpses had been "recycled", and further proving his deduction was that the latest corpse they found had the same wounds as Junko Enoshima's, who was killed in the earlier episodes.

I started getting confused when the others were saying that since the corpse they found was not Mukuro's, Mukuro must be the killer. Naegi said no, so Monokuma replied that it must be one of the 6 other survivors then. Naegi said no again, because if Mukuro was the mastermind (and the masked killer), then she should have the fenrir tattoo on her hand, but the masked killer he saw did not have the tattoo so the masked killer/mastermind is definitely not Mukuro. Monokuma then starts accusing Kirigiri, saying she had been wearing gloves the entire time. Kirigiri reveals her hand, supposedly covered in burn scars, and that clears her from being the mastermind.

This is what I don't get. Why did Monokuma accuse Kirigiri in the first place? Is he implying that she was wearing gloves because she was hiding a tattoo? If she did have a fenrir tattoo, that would make her a mercenary (and maybe even Mukuro herself), which she was not (but if she was, that would further complicate the story and require more explanations). If her hand did not have a tattoo, that would make her just as suspicious as the other students because none of them had a fenrir tattoo.

Basically, I'm just confused why Monokuma singled Kirigiri out. Maybe he was desperate at that point? Or he really just thought of her as a nuisance and wanted to get rid of her? Or maybe I'm just overthinking this all -_- but it's really bothering me enough to revive a 2 year old thread. What do you guys think?

Monokuma didn't think that she'd take her gloves off to show them that she doesn't have a tattoo.

He wanted to frame Kirigiri so that she'd die.

Dec 7, 2015 5:10 AM

Jun 2007
^ how was he going to frame her then? Naegi started talking about Mukuro's tattoo, saying the masked killer had none, then Monokuma suddenly pointed out that Kirigiri has been wearing gloves the entire time. Seems like he was trying to say that Kirigiri was hiding something, and based on the flow of their conversation, it's like he was implying that Kirigiri may have a tattoo.
^_^
Feb 10, 2016 8:56 PM

Sep 2015
Guys, I'm scared :( Goddamn tongue is pulling off that Miley Cyrus' stuff again.
Why's that everyone that's evil in this anime gotta look like they're possessed by the devil or some sh*t like that?

Nonetheless, these last few episodes have been somewhat impressing me.
5/10 I hope that the final ep doesn't let me down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2016 10:57 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode..............
Apr 9, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2013
Lol, she does look demonic.

That ending confused me a bit. So in the earlier episodes it was her sister and now it's the real Junko and she was the mastermind but her sister is dead now. Mmmkay.

I did wonder if blondie had something to do with it as whenever I've seen movies from the game and anime it's mostly of her and the bear ... damn, I should've guessed sooner from that alone lol.
Apr 26, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't suspect Enoshima Junko at all but it was suspicious that she was "executed" not via trial. It makes sense now that I think about it, if she regained her memories then she'd reveal that wasn't really Junko and that her sister was the one who set everything up.

One more episode.
臭い-
Jul 7, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
omg ;)
Sore wa chigau yo!(それわ ちがう よ) wwwwWWWwwwwwwww

Great twist I didn't expect that but damn it was so obvious even look at her twin tails holding bear like things :P they are two halves of mono bear :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 18, 2016 7:40 PM

Sep 2015
So Kirigiri betrays Naegi so she can live because she's the best detective... then the next episode she does FUCK ALL whilst Naegi does all the detective shit whilst she broods about her father? What kind of bullshit is that?
Dec 17, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2013
Naegi: Super Duper Ultra High School GENIUS
Feb 9, 2017 9:07 AM
Aug 2014
Angry_Always said:
So Kirigiri betrays Naegi so she can live because she's the best detective... then the next episode she does FUCK ALL whilst Naegi does all the detective shit whilst she broods about her father? What kind of bullshit is that?

But Naegi is the MC you see; can't have someone else "solve" the mystery. Did find it rather odd that she couldn't guess the password or see the mini-disk.

So do they even want to prevent them from finding out the secrets or not?
Because most "clues" aren't exactly hidden.

The game probably had more information, but from just watching the anime I don't think it was a logical conclusion. Why would Mukuro even pretend to be her sister?
Feb 13, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
Lorezhno said:
Angry_Always said:

But Naegi is the MC you see; can't have someone else "solve" the mystery. Did find it rather odd that she couldn't guess the password or see the mini-disk.

So do they even want to prevent them from finding out the secrets or not?
Because most "clues" aren't exactly hidden.

The game probably had more information, but from just watching the anime I don't think it was a logical conclusion. Why would Mukuro even pretend to be her sister?

Good points all round, he is the MC I suppose. It just annoys me from a plot and logical perspective. In the game, there is a side story with Mukuro which is kinda badly written but oh well. In it it reveals Mukuro was not supposed to die at that time, she was supposed to help stir around events from within.

As to why she had to be Enoshima Junko... to throw them off the trail?
Sep 21, 2017 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Of course the password is Kyoko. lol
Her father is dead.
Kyouko's dad is voiced by RIKIYA!!!!
Damn. Junko in that video got some huge oppai compared to when we saw her before she died. Also, no freckles. I guess the video added 10 pounds and she's wearing makeup?
So that's what Murkuro looks like. She was the Super High School Level Soldier.
Time for the final Gakkyu Saiban.
Kyouko in that swimsuit.
Sore wa chigau yo!
Kyouko's hands are burned? NO!!!!
Junko is the real culprit?
lol at the pics being zoomed in on Junko like discovering a hidden alien.
Dat bullet.
Dat bullet again.
Makoto shooting his shots and hitting Monokuma.
Dat smoke.
It's Junko!
LMAO at the pose.
Junko and Mukuro are twins? The two zetsubou's.
Junko is the Super High School Level Zetsubou.
Dat face. Dat laugh.

What an episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2017 2:13 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah, this trial was too rushed. It was really strange how Naegi come to that conclusion without any hard evidence.
Aug 8, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2010
I'm disappointed how rushed this adaption was. Couldn't really do the series any justice.
Mar 16, 2019 8:55 AM

Feb 2019
A bit more confusing, but still awesome. Can't wait to see how this pans out!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

435 by Ricky16 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.