3It was OK
6.8%
2Disliked it
1.2%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.6
561 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2013 6:57 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay the long and anticipated fight from 2 weeks ago (^.^)
damn it! Rammot is beating up Killua, all thank to his brother's fault
mean while Gon and Palm are having a wonderful date
Yeah! Go Killua!!! Wow felt a lil bad for the guy afterwords but he got was coming to him
LOL poor Gon having to write all those scripts....Run Killua Run! (LOL)
~Ohhh...Palm's powers revealed...but Knov stops Palm before chasing after Gon and Killua and Palm forgets all about Gon
Cheetu clashes with Knuckle and Morel
247EyesAug 31, 2013 7:21 PM
Aug 31, 2013 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
Loved the contrast between the music and the scenes occuring when Gon was telling Palm he can't offer her what she wants out of him. That scene is happening with the sweet, calming OST playing while Killua is getting the snot beat out of him at the same time.

The Needle scene overall was a lot more subdued than I pictured it would be in the anime(Atmosphere, music, etc). Not that it's bad, just a different interpretation

Gon was dumped and didn't even know it lol
HybridMBLAug 31, 2013 7:36 PM
Aug 31, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2009
god i love Palm
Aug 31, 2013 9:04 PM

Nov 2011
I have to admit, that 'date' between Gon and Palm is cute at night. He sure knows how to show a lady how to have a nice time.

This episode also proves that Killua can overcome that asshole of a brother of his. Lol @ Palm. Oh God. Well at least she fell in love again I think...

Anyways, looking forward to next week. I see what appears to be:
Aug 31, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2013
The first half of this episode caused me so much pain I don't even--

It's one of my favorite scenes from the manga.

I knew it was coming.

I was not prepared.
>.>
Aug 31, 2013 9:26 PM
Apr 2013
Damn! Two weeks without HxH is the equivalent of torture. Even moreso, when I have been anticipating this moment for a while and it did not disappoint. Excellent performance by Mariya Ise as Killua. I was even more impressed that it finally gave us an explanation of what happened during the hunter exam finals.

Oh and Palm. Stay crazy, you ravenous yandere, you...
Aug 31, 2013 9:32 PM
Jun 2013
Killua too strong
Aug 31, 2013 10:00 PM

May 2013
Amazing episode, Killua's VA did such a good job! My boy Killua is finally free from Illumi grip, Illumi is a psyco brother but he does love his lil bro and was looking out for him in his own twisted way.

I fangirl like crazy when Kil ripped Rammots head, madhouse did a good job but I gotta admit the manga panel of that moment was EPIC AF.

Palm is thirsty as hell :p
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 31, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2013
Killua did not disappoint with his one hit kills. Didn't expect him to improve so much.
Aug 31, 2013 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
Jeez, Rammot went full on pedo, getting off to Killua's tears. Looks like Killua was always more than a match for Rammot, it was more of a fear of the unknown for him. Now that he's finally broken out of that, he seems much more confident and happier. Palm's brief time as lady like is over, she's back to being pure psycho :p. Looks like it's that cheetah ant's turn to be put in his place.
Aug 31, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2011
That was wonderful, I've felt so much adoration for Killua, I can't even say how happy I am for him. I love that what spurred him on was Gon and that Gon didn't try pressing him into explaining matters. They have such an amazing friendship. Who else can you trust to kidnap you away from Palm? XD
Aug 31, 2013 10:23 PM

Feb 2013
I bet Rammot imagined he'd be crushing Killua's severed head in his hand. Oh the irony.
Aug 31, 2013 10:37 PM

Oct 2008
Badass episode for Kirrua. Dang Pam can go normal to ugly in a heartbeat.
Aug 31, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
The Needle scene overall was a lot more subdued than I pictured it would be in the anime(Atmosphere, music, etc). Not that it's bad, just a different interpretation

I agree totally, the music insert for this episode bugged me, it felt way too off. The scene where Palm was chasing Killua was fine because that was more comedic but the scene where it was Killua vs Rammot... The first song was perfect for the atmosphere, then it changed to Zoldyck Family Theme which was alright but wasn't as good as the previous and then it changed to the cover of the third ED. Poor choice.

At least they did a good job on the needle part, not as intense as the manga though. Also Palm, what a psycho lol. Quickly changing love interests to Knov and dumping Gon.
Aug 31, 2013 11:04 PM
May 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Looks like Killua was always more than a match for Rammot, it was more of a fear of the unknown for him.

Not really. It's thanks to his training that he beat him like that. Glad to see Killua fninally free.
Aug 31, 2013 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
So two strong Hunters are struggling with a Chimera Ant Squad Leader? Jesus, I have no idea how they plan to take down a Royal Guard, let alone the King.

If this wasn't Hunter x Hunter I'd be expecting some asspull nakama bullshit, thank god for Togashi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
nice to see Killua out of the curse or manipulation put on by his brother
Aug 31, 2013 11:16 PM

Dec 2011
I've been waiting for the moment Killua removed that needle! It finally happened.

Glad that Palm finally calmed down... and Morau and Knuckle finally battles Cheetu! Wow. We are really progressing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 11:27 PM

Jun 2009
Minagatachi said:
So two strong Hunters are struggling with a Chimera Ant Squad Leader? Jesus, I have no idea how they plan to take down a Royal Guard, let alone the King.

If this wasn't Hunter x Hunter I'd be expecting some asspull nakama bullshit, thank god for Togashi.

Woah, now. I think it's a bit too soon to assume they are struggling. I mean, all they did was throw some punches and shit. They didn't even use their Nen ablities. I'm sure they'll win this fight, and maybe even fairly easily.

A pretty good episode, the stuff with Killua was again the highlight imo. I'm somewhat disappointed that Meruem and the Royal Guard didn't show up, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 1, 2013 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Gon sure knows how to impress a lady. The removal of the needle and Killuia got serious, ripped off Rammots head in an instant which was awesome. Just love Killuia and the need to protect Gon at all cost, very nice. It was funny when Palm was chasing after Killuia and Gon with a knife and her reaction towards Knov. Next week we get to see Kite. Great episode overall. Cannot wait for the next one.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 1, 2013 12:10 AM

May 2011
this episode was very emotional.. the tears fell from my damn eyes when i saw killua did his best to protect his best friend,,
Sep 1, 2013 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
thank god Killua finally broke free of his fear back to way i like him !

seriously i need to stop watching the previews lol
Sep 1, 2013 12:30 AM
Mar 2012
Never thought I'd say this but I'm getting bored of this show
Sep 1, 2013 12:39 AM

Dec 2008
drums now another week of mystery...
Sep 1, 2013 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
Not bad at all.

4.5 outa 5
Sep 1, 2013 1:46 AM
Feb 2012
Though I gotta ask 'cos I don't read the manga (or I may have missed something while watching the ep)
How did Killua suddenly realize there was a needle in his head and where?
Was it because he resisted so much against the needle that he could suddenly feel its effect of manipulation?
Sep 1, 2013 2:38 AM

May 2013
yukoyanaleslie said:
Though I gotta ask 'cos I don't read the manga (or I may have missed something while watching the ep)
Was it because he resisted so much against the needle that he could suddenly feel its effect of manipulation?

Illumi pretty much told him in episode 20 that during the hunter exam, it was what Illumi said ''Never fight an enemy you can't beat'' ''I drilled that into you''

Also Killua only hears Illumi, not Silva or Zeno and to top that off, Illumi is a manipulator who uses needels. Its normal to check your forehead first.

Killua is smart, it makes sense that he figured out
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 1, 2013 2:45 AM
Feb 2012
SaSa777 said:
yukoyanaleslie said:

Illumi pretty much told him in episode 20 that during the hunter exam, it was what Illumi said ''Never fight an enemy you can't beat'' ''I drilled that into you''

Also Killua only hears Illumi, not Silva or Zeno and to top that off, Illumi is a manipulator who uses needels. Its normal to check your forehead first.

Killua is smart, it makes sense that he figured out

Ah, I have to agree figuring out that only hearing Illumi's voice made him realize he'd done something to him, but Killua is not an expert on brains, so somewhere in your forehead is kind of a wild guess for such a small needle.

So I thought that perhaps the resistance against it had become so great that he could pinpoint the exact spot.
Sep 1, 2013 3:07 AM
Sep 2012
Hey guys ,does anybody know the name of the track that plays around 4:50?
Sep 1, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
iaah said:
Hey guys ,does anybody know the name of the track that plays around 4:50?

A guitar cover of 'Who's The Bomber?' I believe.

The orchestral version is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjRpzAflHE
Sep 1, 2013 3:35 AM

May 2013
Might just be me, but i felt the date with Palm was better in the manga than in the anime (no particular reason).

Can't for the the big stuff to start happening. Really looking forward to seeing the royal guards and the king fight.
Sep 1, 2013 3:47 AM

Jul 2010
I don't know who is more scarier between the Ants and Palm ...

Jokes aside, spectacular and touching Killua's fight, finally we'll see Kaito next week.
Sep 1, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Oh my! Palm is so awesome, haha!
Sep 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Dec 2009
They really did a great job with this episode just as I had hoped. The music usage was a bit weird as usual, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 1, 2013 4:51 AM
Jun 2013
Shaduge said:

Could it be its because you watched too many anime?
Coz while HxH is a unique shonen anime, it still contain the fundemental shonen elements, and people do start to get emotional fatigue after watching so many anime
lapsapiveSep 1, 2013 5:15 AM
Sep 1, 2013 5:07 AM

Jul 2012
Felt asspulled but looked cool. And goddamn finally that thing is gonna stop happening I wanted to punch the screen.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 1, 2013 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
I have mixed feelings about it. Some parts are nicely done but it could have been much better, I blame part of it on the bad subs and music mismatch.
Sep 1, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
Holy crap! Killua just make a huge power up. Killua with Gon with nen have a little hard time with a non-nen rammot. Now Killua alone without even use his hatsu just totally RAPE him in seconds after he remove the needle. Probably it's on the same level with Knuckle and Shoot now.

Palm it's just hilarious, rolf.

Chettou it's just too fast that why Morel and Knuckle don't manage to hit him, but his punch seem pretty weak don't make damage at all. I don't they will have hard time to beat that ant at all, both are skilled hunter they will find a way to win.

I'm curious how Gon will react when he see Kite (body) like that!
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Sep 1, 2013 5:29 AM

Jun 2013

BEAST MODE MOREL ACTIVATED
Aaronide_gerSep 1, 2013 5:49 AM
Sep 1, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
So much respect for Killua!
the development was a little rushed imo but good nonetheless.Anyway I thought this episode was amazing.
Sep 1, 2013 5:54 AM
Aug 2013
Yep.. I knew that Cheetu's voice reminded me of someone.
The same voice actor for Raki in Claymore, I still remember that voice lol.
his name is Motoki Takagi.

Cheetu is awesome, definitely the best Chimera ant along side Neferpitou.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/hunterxhunter/images/thumb/f/f5/Cheetu_anime.png/250px-Cheetu_anime.png
Sep 1, 2013 6:13 AM
Jun 2013
Unchou said:
Felt asspulled but looked cool. And goddamn finally that thing is gonna stop happening I wanted to punch the screen.

they did have some training after all, and it has always been a mental thing more than actual strength
Sep 1, 2013 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Does anyone know the name of the track right at the beginning of the episode ? Just before the opening.

Edit : Nvm I found it. Its called New Mutation.
marian11Sep 1, 2013 7:00 AM
Sep 1, 2013 7:18 AM

Jun 2013
Episode was good, but by the looks of the preview, next week's will be even better.
Sep 1, 2013 7:39 AM
Feb 2012
The whole point of Killua 'developing so quickly' was due to him literally pulling Illumi's influence out of his brain. He was always that strong, only his mental state kept him from acting correspondingly. So it's anything but an asspull power-up.

All the scenes I had been looking forward to were animated nicely and in addition with the OST it was yet another good episode. The whole arc is full of great story elements and intriguing themes, so next week will be a blast yet again. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 1, 2013 8:07 AM
Mar 2009
Damn near cried when I saw Killua crying...

I wondered how he managed to pinpoint that needle... YES HE IS FREE! The change is instantaneous, he's so much happier ;_; Rammot that pedo he got what he deserved... I never liked that bunny much.

Oh Palm... No comment. The Knov scene was adorable though.

And Kite. KITE. OH GOD KITE. Can't wait for next week... Gon and Killua look like they've just been told the world will end in an hour or something.
Sep 1, 2013 8:47 AM
Oct 2011
lapsapive said:
Shaduge said:

Could it be its because you watched too many anime?
Coz while HxH is a unique shonen anime, it still contain the fundemental shonen elements, and people do start to get emotional fatigue after watching so many anime
Nah, this part was dull in the manga as well. (actually the whole first part/half of the arc was, a lot of people including me didn't like it in the manga) Things should look a bit better from here on now that Palm's episodes are over and Killua got rid of his brother's curse.

OT:
Best part of the episode was Rammot acting all cocky then being afraid and being one-shot, but it took too long with the whole melodrama. The Palm rage scenes were handled better in the manga, they felt weird and stupid in here, but they were still not that bad. The tree scene was still as beautiful.
Candor123Sep 1, 2013 9:10 AM
Sep 1, 2013 8:48 AM

Oct 2009
I really think Killua's power went down before it got back up. What Biscuit told him before and the pressure of 'protecting Gon no matter what' had a huge negative impact on him. It was a hard struggle and once he came out of it, he suddenly matured a lot.

The training part was nevertheless necessary (notice how he takes little damage from Rammot). It's just that he had to get his body and mind in sync again. And yes, now he's pretty much on par with Knuckle etc.

TheDodoSep 1, 2013 8:52 AM
Sep 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing episode. Really liked the focus on Killua. He just got even more badass this episode.

5/5
Sep 1, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2007
Isn't it obviously shown in the episode that everytime Killua refuses to listen to Illumi, the part where the needle was hurts?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ElectricSlime - Dec 8, 2012

257 by Nerdason »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 57 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Dec 1, 2012

133 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Nov 17, 2012

124 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veradux - Nov 10, 2012

85 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Nov 3, 2012

121 by Nerdason »»
May 18, 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.