Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
Holy shit, this is the most poorly adapted case along with the first one.
By the end of the last episode, there was a TON of stuff still missing, so I thought half of this episode would be investigation. Instead, they finished it in 30 seconds then went to the trial, where many elements were simply asspulled on the last moment.
I'd say about 40% of the content was removed and some evidences were rendered useless.
Aug 31, 2013 4:00 PM
Jan 2008
So I didn't misheard/miscounted when Monokuma said there are 7 survivors left in the last episode.
Aug 31, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
I'm just curious where she hid or where Monohalfgayhalflesbi hid her , you know , the 16th student .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 31, 2013 4:39 PM
Aug 2012
"get me back" "done something with are bodies" lol interesting
Aug 31, 2013 5:50 PM
Mar 2010
zakkun89 said:

That's lame,it should have been more this : Kirigiri want to stalk Naegi so she pick lock his door with Monokuma's consent and just stand there watching Naegi's drooling sleeping face for hours until 3AM before she finally get down to less important business like revealing the 16th student.

I like to think that that is what actually happened, heh heh heh.
Aug 31, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
kingfelix92 said:
That doesn't sound interesting at all. "Get me back" somewhat implies that Sakura, and possibly all of the other students, are not actually dead. Stories like this should have a bittersweet ending, not a happy one.
Aug 31, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
dragonlight said:
kingfelix92 said:
That doesn't sound interesting at all. "Get me back" somewhat implies that Sakura, and possibly all of the other students, are not actually dead. Stories like this should have a bittersweet ending, not a happy one.

That's not what it meant, don't worry. It'll be revealed soon, I think it's in the next episode.
Aug 31, 2013 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
Inugirlz said:
Am i the only one who's wondering how Kirigiri got into Naegi's room after the credits? Does he really sleep with his door open????

You're not the only one.
Aug 31, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
5/5

My jaw literally dropped and stayed open for a good 12 minutes. Think I caught some flies.

Omfg, Asahina, nice one. Jesus, why the EFF would you do that?!

ALter Ego nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Please god no. It's like I've seen Chihiro die twice, ugh, that really stung.

Kirigiri you are my favorite character please live forever.

This show rocks.
*facepalm*
Aug 31, 2013 10:52 PM

Feb 2013
The 16th student knocked Naegi out in the secret room at the end of the 7th episode??
Aug 31, 2013 11:01 PM

Apr 2013
Micronique said:
The 16th student knocked Naegi out in the secret room at the end of the 7th episode??

Uupupupu!
Ping-pong-ping , that's..... I wont spoil it for you.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 31, 2013 11:29 PM

Oct 2010
4 more episodes. ;.;
Sep 1, 2013 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
all the previous episodes were okay, but this one was really good!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 1, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
Inugirlz said:
Am i the only one who's wondering how Kirigiri got into Naegi's room after the credits? Does he really sleep with his door open????
He has super high school luck, he doesnt need to worry
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Sep 1, 2013 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
I'm glad Asahina didn't end up doing it, or that would have been super typical.

It may sound crazy, but could everyone actually still be a live? The message from Sakura seemed very interesting...
Sep 1, 2013 2:33 AM

May 2012
02:19 STHU, animal

02:50 Toukochan's toooo cute, as usual

05:35 i'm guessing Asahina's the murderer

lol
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 1, 2013 2:47 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't or haven't played the game and yeah..its been quite a while since I watch anime..
but I seems to see this anime is quite good , overall 8/10 , and this episode 4/5
enjoyable and ..I like the ending ost very much..perhaps since 'its been a while'
idk.. haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 2:51 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't or haven't played the game and yeah..its been quite a while since I watch anime..
but I seems to see this anime is quite good , overall 8/10 , and this episode 4/5
enjoyable and ..I like the ending ost very much..perhaps since 'its been a while'
idk.. haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 4:24 AM

Apr 2010
Why the fuck they didnt explain the magazine
It was so useful in the game.
Seriously...
Sep 1, 2013 7:06 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode, nice pace. I did see Asahina or Sakura as the culprit as best possible conclusion. Seeing how the debate pointed the blame towards one character after another, was fun, though it would have been interesting to investigate these scenarios prior to the class trial. The anime should really have shown all clues back in episode 8.

Tamura said:
Why the fuck they didn't explain the magazine
It was so useful in the game.
Seriously...

Yes this could have been really useful when pointing out possible culprits. From an anime only point of view I really couldn't suspect Fukawa, Togami or Hagekure at all, because of the lack of evidence. I later found out the magazine contained Fukawa's name written in blood (Hagekure's poor attempt to frame someone else for "killing" Sakura). This little piece of information could have made the guessing game much more interesting because it proved some of the invited persons were somehow involved in this case, messing with the crime scene.

The locker was there all a long so I did suspect someone might had been hiding inside at some point. Fukawa hiding fits her personality well, so it was fun to watch.

I must admire the strong friendship between Asahina and Sakura. I understand that she wanted revenge for her best friend, though it was the misunderstandings and mostly Monokuma's involvement that drove Asahina into a wrong discussion. Sakura's sacrifice must not be in vain and hopefully the remaining students will be more collaborative from now on. Of course, the presence of the 16th student will bring back the despair soon enough.

Also the death of Alter Ago was a surprise, though I didn't like it as much as the real Chihiro. Of course Momokuma knew about the PC all along, fufufu.
mikadocsSep 1, 2013 7:17 AM
Sep 1, 2013 10:21 AM
Nov 2012
The characters are unbearable, especially Naegi also why on earth would you grieve for a computer? I cannot comprehend this anime
Sep 1, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
Arrowhead311 said:
why on earth would you grieve for a computer? I cannot comprehend this anime
I cannot comprehend your failure to see how the characters come to identify with the computer as their old friend because the AI, made by this old friend, was so close to the person.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 1, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
hmm
Sep 1, 2013 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was quite surprising
didn't think that Sakura would commit suicide
this was heartbreaking, and the way asahina cried and acted as if she was the culprit :'(
Monokuma surprised me when he destroyed Alter Ego
didn't think of that, but exactly as i thought, he knew about that program all along
Sakura's will was HEARTBREAKING, she killed herself to stop the fighting
I wonder how did Kirigiri find out about the 16th high schooler
which really did surprised me, it seems those few coming episodes will be so exciting judging by what the 16th schooler is proffesional at
Kirigiri did say that he is the "Super Duper of Despair"
That thing really does excite me
I wanna know what Monokuma is gonna do next :$
Can't wait for the next episode :D !
Sep 1, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2013
Arrowhead311 said:
The characters are unbearable, especially Naegi also why on earth would you grieve for a computer? I cannot comprehend this anime

I cannot comprehend why you don't understand that it's natural to grieve over the fact that one of your strongest keys to escaping a life-or-death situation was destroyed. Made by someone who they considered their friend at that.
Sep 1, 2013 6:45 PM

Apr 2012
Arrowhead311 said:

I guess you must really not like animes where the main characters or the main love interest is AI or a robot? Alter ego was a friend and their new hope at uncovering the secrets behind the whole thing. I guess the anime skipped some of the bonding feeling for AE; in the game they had more bonding time (and we knows what happens to anyone else that gets a lot of screentime...) Alter Ego even pointed out that it knew the high risks of being caught but personally wanted to take it to try to save them all, because they're Chihiro's precious friends and therefore Alter Ego's friend as well.
Sep 1, 2013 7:12 PM

Apr 2008
This class trial was done well animated, but geez was alot of detailed left out of this one, was still good none the less. Now that its heading towards the end, the show is definitely going to get more interesting. Looking forward too it.

Sep 1, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode. I can't wait to see the final chapter of the show next week. Seeing as they left a hefty 4 episodes to render this, it should be satisfying as an adaptation.

One of Sakura's lines this episode is quite distracting however. In the game Sakura says something along the lines of "even in my death, I will have my revenge against the headmaster". The anime left out the upper half so it feels like this revenge is unrelated to her death evidently, which will not be the case.
Sep 2, 2013 2:57 AM

Jul 2010
Poor Sakura. I'm saddened that she had to sacrifice herself.
Well, their bodies have been altered ..? What Sakura's last sentence meant? Who is the mastermind? Who is the 16th student? Is Naegi gay? ..

All these questions popping out after every episode, damn.
I'm not that fond to the characters (Except Togami and Ishimaru), but I really like the setting, it continues to be thrilling and exciting.
Sep 2, 2013 10:20 AM

Aug 2007
So many surprises on this episode: So, At the end, Sakura Kills herself. Nice, a suicide, I didn't expect that.

And about the hidden Student, I really want to know more about that person, Maybe is the mysterious person that knocked Naegi.
Sep 2, 2013 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm, they skipped over a lot of evidence like the magazine and the order of bottles. Overall not a bad adaptation though. Especially Asahina's emotions were very clear. ;_;

They're going fast! They've already 'revealed' the name of the 16th high schooler. Guess they'll at least do the last case justice. I hope...

Sep 2, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
Mittee said:
Coldness said:
Great episode. I can't wait to see the final chapter of the show next week. Seeing as they left a hefty 4 episodes to render this, it should be satisfying as an adaptation.

There are 2 chapters left.

Suzune-chanSep 2, 2013 5:53 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 2, 2013 5:22 PM

Nov 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mittee said:
Coldness said:

Though to be completely fair, they are completely different than the first 4 since the

That's not fair at all, you put unnecessary spoiler here. Please add spoiler tag.

Anyway the best 2 chapters are here, now let's see if they could do this right or not...
Sep 2, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2011
That was the hardest death to watch.

R.I.P., Sakura and Alter Ego. x_x
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 2, 2013 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mittee said:
Coldness said:

Though to be completely fair, they are completely different than the first 4 since the

That's not fair at all, you put unnecessary spoiler here. Please add spoiler tag.

Anyway the best 2 chapters are here, now let's see if they could do this right or not...
dude every character in this episode including togami said they weren't playing monobears game anymore. plus

*Actual spoiler*

I guess it can technically count as a spoiler but suzune beat me to the punch

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 2, 2013 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dude every character in this episode including togami said they weren't playing monobears game anymore.

That means nothing. The entire monobear game is all about lies and deception, pretending to be innocent while plotting murder.
Sep 2, 2013 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
Moekou said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dude every character in this episode including togami said they weren't playing monobears game anymore.

That means nothing. The entire monobear game is all about lies and deception, pretending to be innocent while plotting murder.
true

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 3, 2013 12:25 AM

Apr 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Moekou said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

true

I saw what have you done there.
Right now , you two , are deceiving others.
Usotski!
FluffyFleshSep 3, 2013 12:52 AM
Sep 3, 2013 6:42 AM

Jul 2013
I think they're going to fail at this "We're going to focus on finding the Principal instead of killing each other" thing. I can't wait to see how the 16th student will bring in a potential gruesome twist.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Sep 3, 2013 6:45 AM

Jul 2013
xin09 said:
Woah i never expect suicide

Me neither. I thought it was his best friend at first.
Demi Valentine

Sep 3, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
DenjaX said:
I guess I can live up with this trial. But sure that upside down magazine evidence was useless.

Naegi wasn't even shocked when Kirigiri got inside his room. xDD

So, introducing the 16th Student. The Super Highschool Despair: Ikusaba Mukuro. :D

I honestly think Naegi is going to regret trusting her so much. He is so gullible.
Demi Valentine

Sep 3, 2013 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
ILoveAnimeGuys said:
DenjaX said:
I guess I can live up with this trial. But sure that upside down magazine evidence was useless.

So, introducing the 16th Student. The Super Highschool Despair: Ikusaba Mukuro. :D

I honestly think Naegi is going to regret trusting her so much. He is so gullible.

Is that a spoiler? Who the fuck is Ikusaba?
Sep 3, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2012
Jyupita said:
ILoveAnimeGuys said:
DenjaX said:

Apparently you didn't watch the episode until the end.
Sep 3, 2013 7:39 AM

Jun 2013
Litrydow said:
Jyupita said:
ILoveAnimeGuys said:
DenjaX said:

Apparently you didn't watch the episode until the end.

Instead of answers, more questions...or Naegi just happened to leave his door opened.
Sep 5, 2013 10:14 PM

Dec 2012
I got spoiled about Sakura's suicidal but anyway cool episode
Sep 5, 2013 11:47 PM
Mar 2009
Welp, guess that makes sense. Dojo= honourable student= commit seppuku to preserve honour. Sakura, she fights dies for her friends.

Aoi got hit pretty hard for this whole episode. I thought it was her at first, but she just intended to get everyone killed? Wow. Talk about nothing to lose.

And Kyouko will put her hands on anything. She still doesn't have a tag right? She looks like she'd fit the role of "Super High School Detective" perfectly. And how the hell did she find out the name AND tag of the 16th student? She also acted strangely when they found out about the history of the school.

Can't wait to see what lies beyond these Class Trials.
Sep 6, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
ChronosXIII said:
Welp, guess that makes sense. Dojo= honourable student= commit seppuku to preserve honour. Sakura, she fights dies for her friends.

Er, some people seem to have the wrong idea. Sakura didn't commit suicide out of despair or honor or anything like that. It was specifically to fulfill the conditions to save the students at her dojo. Monokuma's deal was that if she doesn't kill someone he will kill the hostages. So Sakura fulfilled the deal by killing someone-herself.
Sep 7, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2011
Hot damn! The show almost had me there! I really like Asahina so I was wishing it didn't go the way she planned.

Very interesting episode to mix things up! Is this really the end of the trials I wonder. And that bombshell at the end, dohohoho isn't that just great.
Sep 8, 2013 12:03 AM

Jun 2012
Well that was crazy, like always. I only realized this episode how few are left! Like 5 or so =O\
Well Kirigiri obviously learned a lot from the letter, can't wait to see more.
The punishment was a little weird, it being just a program and all, and I was surprised they still had one.

Yeah, can't wait to see what's next, it's getting even better ^^

Sep 9, 2013 3:32 AM
Jul 2018

Too bad for Ogre. :c
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.