Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that beginning part made me sad...

Oop and look what popped up:

Oh and nice drawing this episode I guess.
Stark700Aug 22, 2013 8:23 AM
Aug 22, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2012
Wasn't expecting Kei's frame to be based off of Theoria's Wulgaru's ship

Dialogue was kinda awkward for me near the end when it showed Asagi's conversations with Rin Rin and Izuru

Izuru was funny at the end though thinking Asagi had a thing for him and then calling him "onii-chan". Hope Izuru stays alive but you never know. Dogakobo could throw us a curveball with the accelerated aging or death in battle to save his brother(which would be really cheesy if they did by the way)

HybridMBLAug 22, 2013 9:10 AM
Aug 22, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2013
Woah Izuru and Asagi are brothers since they share the same dna. Interesting.

That last scene was funny with Izuru calling him his big brother lol.
Aug 22, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Nice exposition with the brothers thing and captain Simon probably being the dad with some Theoria DNA? Pretty complex DNA makeup if u ask me XD

Izuru's reaction to finding out wasn't what I expected but it was lol...Onii-chan? XDXDXD

I wonder how he'll react to having Theoria's DNA though?

Anyway nice ep and Izuru's condition seems pretty damn dangerous.
Aug 22, 2013 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
So all MJP Students are artificially created humans? Or were they humans but were transplanted Wulgaru/Human DNA into?
Aug 22, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
o princess alien is there mummy, is the commander their daddy?
Aug 22, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2012
In the beginning that was pretty sad when Tamaki got her present from Patrick it almost brought a tear to my eye. Then at the end it was funny when Izuru called Asagi onii-chan. Good episode i liked it.

Aug 22, 2013 10:56 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
VanishingKira said:

Izuru and Asagi are brothers.And their dad is the commander.

Dat misunderstanding,"Don't tell me...you like me?" XD

Had the big smile on my face when Izuru called Asagi "Onii-chan" :).

Didn't really care that much that they're brothers, but that onii-chan part was too cute ^^And Asagi's reaction to that was pretty funny. Hm but I do find it weird that Theoria then is technically their mother, well I guess that explains why Izuru likes Theoria so much. But anyways, telomeres shrinking? Premature aging? D:
Aug 22, 2013 10:56 AM

Feb 2013
What is it with this show and that they want to pack all of the drama into the last leg of episodes? You know you guy could have space all this out, rather than deciding to do a ton of reveals in the last 5 or so episodes!

Anyway, like I said, this episode was full of reveals as Tamaki learns that Patrick liked her, we learn that the Wulgaru won't survive long after the gate's destroyed and what that means for both our villains and heroes. We learn that Izuru's genes are deteriorating at a rapid pace, and probably the same has been happening to Asagi, since it seems the two are actually brothers, with their mother as Theoria and their father is Cmdr. Simon. I'm actually suspecting that Ange might be the same, as they are pulling his/her health into question as well.

So, do all of the ASHMB pilots share the same maternal DNA in that Theoria donated her genetic material to the making of all of them? If that's the case, then are they all at least half-siblings? As for Izuru and Asagi, it was apparent they were brothers the moment they asked him to test pilot Red 5, and many had already guessed that Simon was Izuru's father.

However, unfortunately this all places a bit of a death flag on Izuru. We learn that one of his love interests is pretty much his mother, and the other he has absolutely no interest in. Asagi however obviously likes Kei, and he might confess to her soon. Also, Izuru (and possibly Asagi) have a debilitating disease and/or side effects that will probably be exacerbated by him continuing to pilot, especially in its advance form. Also, Asagi has always had that want to simply be the hero. He has no real ties to anyone except his want to protect his friends. I wouldn't be surprised if he dies in the end during the last battle against Jiart (who is technically his uncle?)

This was a very good episode where we see loads of development in the plot and in Izuru and Asagi, and even surprisingly Tamaki. I give it an 8/10.

Also, it seems that again, the Wulgaru seem to be the most interesting thing in this show. Despite the vapid Theoria ( who doesn't seem to mind sentencing her own people to sickness and death), all the other Wulgaru make this show, especially since we learn that Izuru and Asagi are pretty much at least half-Wulgaru as well.
Aug 22, 2013 10:58 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was wrong in so many levels..
Aug 22, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2012
I forgot that the Humans were basically altered clones of the Wulgaru.

Does it mean all the students have Theoria's DNA? But then why she only shows love or some kind of interest towards Izuru?
Aug 22, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2011
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18138.html

They are looking into a 2nd season apparently
Aug 22, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
Probably the best episode so far.

I can finally grieve for Patrick. The way he died last episode was anti-climatic & obvious. His gift getting to Tamaki after his death, & her instantly realizing the he liked her was well written. For once she wasn't naive & has lost a bit of her innocence. *I know she asked Kei if she thought Patrick liked her. I took it as a rhetorical question.*

So does that mean Theoria has been in hiding with the MJP for 15-18yrs.? Kind of a long time to hold such a secret. Kei ASHMB is a clear one-off of Theoria's. Also I took it as them saying (so far) only Izuru had Theoria's DNA. Asagi & Izuru share Cmdr. Simon as a father. Everyone elses DNA is of a different source. I bet Daneel is the donor for everyone else. Also it would make Kei-Izuru shipping harder to digest if they're related now.

Theoria being Izuru's mom would explain why he has that feeling of remembrance when he 1st saw her. She was probably the one who raised him till they wiped his memory to place him in the academy.

Asagi's ulcers could be how his body shows symptoms for the same thing Izuru has. *speculation*

They shifted the death flag at the end in my opinion. If Asagi hadn't of told Izuru then I would have put money on him dying in Izuru's place. *There's still a chance for that.* Now that they both know the secret will get out fast cause Izuru is just slightly less oblivious that Tamaki & will spill it in 3mins.

Have some more thoughts but have to get back to work....
Aug 22, 2013 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
WOAAAAHHHH!! Never would've guessed that Theoria was Izuru's mother... But it just makes sense when i think about it. You know, generally speaking, most people fall for someone who shares resemblence to their mother and all. So I guess it makes sense as to why Izuru likes her... But what kinda of Friendzoning will Theoria be doing if/when Izuru confesses?
Loved how they included the whole telomeres thing

broodo said:
Asagi's ulcers could be how his body shows symptoms for the same thing Izuru has. *speculation*

^It makes sense! But, wasn't those problems hastened because Izuru 'awakened' his AHSMB? Which makes you think; do all of the failure 5 have the same fate?? Or is this just the case for Izuru??
Though it makes me think, i know it could be all wrong, but since he's the commander and Theoria's 'child', him having ulcers could actually be something brought about genetically?? And maybe he might be a 'hybrid' in some sense, bringing along some defects? :O
Izuru calling Asugi his Onii-chan was just hilarious.
The ending was neat, had me hyped for the upcoming battle XD
Aug 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Jul 2013
The aftermath on Patrick and Randy's death and their funeral, felt really sad. Really great on how Teoria wants to cooperate to stop the Walguru invasion. Huh, they're brothers, didn't expect that:

Izuru: Oniichan.
Asagi: Huh?
Me: XD

Overall a nice set up episode, I wonder how the operation will turn successful. Also curious on Izuru's condition when he has that unknown syndrome.

Aug 22, 2013 1:42 PM
Jul 2012
So, are all the MJP students just... young kids who were taken in, and given Wulgaru DNA from Teoria and pilot skills from Commander Simon, and it just so happens that Asagi and Izuru are 2 brothers who were both in the program and got their DNA modified? Or, are they all just clones made from Commander Simon and Teoria, the Wulgaru DNA affecting their appearance so they look different I guess? If the second one is true, doesn't that make EVERYONE in MJP, siblings!?
Aug 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
Really interesting episode , can't wait for the final battle.
Aug 22, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2012
jugann said:
WOAAAAHHHH!! Never would've guessed that Theoria was Izuru's mother... But it just makes sense when i think about it. You know, generally speaking, most people fall for someone who shares resemblence to their mother and all. So I guess it makes sense as to why Izuru likes her... But what kinda of Friendzoning will Theoria be doing if/when Izuru confesses?
Loved how they included the whole telomeres thing

broodo said:

^It makes sense! But, wasn't those problems hastened because Izuru 'awakened' his AHSMB? Which makes you think; do all of the failure 5 have the same fate?? Or is this just the case for Izuru??
Though it makes me think, i know it could be all wrong, but since he's the commander and Theoria's 'child', him having ulcers could actually be something brought about genetically?? And maybe he might be a 'hybrid' in some sense, bringing along some defects? :O
Izuru calling Asugi his Onii-chan was just hilarious.
The ending was neat, had me hyped for the upcoming battle XD

LOL I had just taken AP Biology and had to do that for our final project instead of an actual final test. I remember finding an enzyme online that could technically stop the telomeres from being cut but my teacher literally took a poop on our group's proposal and I never remembered it until now.
Aug 22, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2009
Lots of interesting plot developments this episode.

Even Tamaki got some plot building.

Lol Theoria Simon DNA thing
Aug 22, 2013 1:59 PM

May 2012
That first part was sad. Almost cried when Rakesh gave Tamaki Patrick's gift. I never would have thought Izuru and Asagi shared the same dna. Overall good episode.
Aug 22, 2013 2:29 PM

Oct 2010
Eh, I was afraid of this. The show takes another turn and goes into drama mode. The atmosphere has changed and now anyone can pretty much die at any moment. And it was such a relaxing mecha show...

The condition of Izuru is indeed serious and makes me wonder if others are also effected. That would suck balls for me, honestly. And I don't get it, are Izuru and Asagi brothers because of Commander or cuz' of Theoria's DNA, cuz that would make everyone a sibling...

Good episode but I really hope everything ends well.
Aug 22, 2013 2:37 PM

May 2012
Haha... Oni-chan!

So basically, Izuru, Asagi and Theoria are siblings? Hmmm... I was kinda shipping for Theoria and Izuru.
Aug 22, 2013 4:03 PM
Aug 2012
Was a good episode, that shed light on a few things.

As far as Izuru and Asagi, I went back and watched the episode again and it was pretty clear from Rin's explanation. She said that Teoria came to Earth with Wulguru DNA (implying more than just her own). Rin said that they tried to use as close to pure Wulguru DNA as possible, and that Teoria's DNA was used for Izuru (Maternal DNA donor). Her implication was that Asagi did not have Teoria's but another Wulguru's DNA. When Asagi asked why he could start Red 5, Rin said that he and Izuru shared the same 'PATERNAL' DNA source...Commander Simon. So they share Simon's DNA but not Teoria's.

The first half with the funeral and Tamaki's realization of Patrick's feelings was well done.
Aug 22, 2013 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
I suspected awhile ago that Izuru's parents were Theoria and Simon- but Asagi having the same parents kind of caught me off guard :O
Aug 22, 2013 4:38 PM
Oct 2010
man that first part really hits ya :( thought it was gonna be all ep

holy fuck, shes got a chest :D

so thats their mom and commander is the father? WUAAAAAA!!!!??? mindfucked

and so what about the other 3? where'd they get their dna from?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 22, 2013 5:18 PM
Jul 2013
Crimson_Cloud said:
And I don't get it, are Izuru and Asagi brothers because of Commander or cuz' of Theoria's DNA, cuz that would make everyone a sibling...

I think Izuru's parental DNA comes from and Theoria and Simon, while Asagi's is Simon and someone else or some random Wulgaru DNA smaples that Theoria brought with her.
Aug 22, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
Damn. 4 more eps to go :(
It was soo sad when patrick's gift was given to Tamaki.

I hope THeoria and Izuru gets together!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 22, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
Thugnificent- said:

english translation please!

good episode overall so Asagi and Izuru are brothers and their parents are Commander Simon and Theoria lol

EDIT:

i got the news http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-08-20/second-season-for-majestic-prince-anime-is-in-the-works
degAug 22, 2013 6:29 PM
Aug 22, 2013 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
Izuru: "So you and I..."
Asagi: "...."
Izuru: "Oniichan! <3"
Asagi: -____-

LOLmao! I suddenly burst out laughing and smiled. I keep repeating the scene
over and over again.

There wasn't any action, but the amount of surprising revelation was enough to surprise and entertain me. From the drama about the two dobermans and Tamaki's realization that Patrick likes her, Teoria finally revealing herself and her badass mech, and Izuru and Asagi having the same DNA.

Made me think Izuru might call Teoria and Commander Simons, mom and dad. I'd love to see their reactions.
Aug 22, 2013 9:19 PM

Mar 2013
I would who Asagi's mum is...

probably rin rin
Aug 23, 2013 1:34 AM

Mar 2013
Aaaaand another ship bites the dust.
Aug 23, 2013 2:14 AM
Feb 2009
oh come on i wanted izuru x theoria!!!!!!
Aug 23, 2013 2:19 AM
Mar 2013
my hope for Izuru and teoria togheter just got blasted away
Aug 23, 2013 3:57 AM

Oct 2010
Strategist0083 said:
I think Izuru's parental DNA comes from and Theoria and Simon, while Asagi's is Simon and someone else or some random Wulgaru DNA smaples that Theoria brought with her.

Yeah, I guess that is the case.

Aah, now we have possible couples in the dark more so then before...
Aug 23, 2013 5:44 AM

Mar 2011
Izuru wants to bang his mom
Aug 23, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2011
Well his mom is a Wulgaru beauty after all. It's in his genes. lol
Aug 23, 2013 8:57 AM
May 2012
Shit I thought Patrick would give her a ring, but instead a pickels? Dafuq xD. Anyway nice episode.
Aug 23, 2013 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
Theoria DNA was only used in Izuru, not in all of them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2013 5:28 PM

Oct 2011
Dat funeral and Patrick's gift TwT

My jaw dropped with dat reveal

Simon is his dad and Teoria=mother of Izuru. So let me get this straight Simon's DNA is part of the students. They also have Wulgaru DNA but Izuru has Teoria. The reason why they can pilot the ASHMB.

Izuru and Asagi are brothers : 0 I can see the resemblance. Izuru has Simon's hair design while Asagi has the blue color hair.

Damn the decisive battle : 0 Asagi confronting Simon.
AnimeFan500Aug 23, 2013 6:24 PM
Aug 24, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2011
j0x said:
Thugnificent- said:

english translation please!

good episode overall so Asagi and Izuru are brothers and their parents are Commander Simon and Theoria lol

EDIT:

i got the news http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-08-20/second-season-for-majestic-prince-anime-is-in-the-works

im down for a 2nd season.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Aug 24, 2013 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
Thugnificent- said:

Ok that's good because the ending they are currently going for is flawed. They plan to destroy the gate so the Wulgaru go back home, but as soon as the Wulgaru make a new gate they'll be in the same predicament. Obviously they won't be able to rebuild the gate quickly, but still it is only a temporary fix.
Aug 25, 2013 12:18 AM

Apr 2013
had me weak at the oniichan part lolz
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Aug 25, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2012
So Izuru is half Wulgaru and human, makes sense then why he can vaguely remember Teoria since she would have been his mother until he was sent to the MJP academy. Hope they are able to cure Izuru by the end though.

Sweet that they are gearing up for a 2nd season, hopefully that will mean upgrades for the mecha, love the designs.
Aug 25, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
Teoria doesn't age :O

I hope it won't be some death flag for Asagi!
Aug 26, 2013 5:16 AM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
Thugnificent- said:

EDIT:
ANN again wrote its news article carelessly and now have to correct themselves with an update:

Update: A second season of Majestic Prince is not in the works, but Fields is contemplating the idea.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 27, 2013 3:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well it was to be expected. Does Theoria not age, or do they grow them into teenage size? Otherwise it means she's been here more than 16 years.

And it wasn't specified whether they're full or half brothers, right? In any case, the onii'chan bit was funny. I still think Asagi should be the leader and in that way Izuru and Ange can be the lead pilots and do their thing, with the more cautious and cerebral Asagi coordinating things.

Well I suppose this is a blow for Theoria/Izuru shippers. While the imouto thing is all the rage, I don't think it will extend quite so well into mothers love territory. Kei will be happy (unless she's a sister too!). And that would make Jiart Izuru's uncle strangely enough.

Look forward to seeing Theoria in action.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 28, 2013 1:22 AM
Jan 2008
*Sigh.* Guess the IzuruxTheoria relationship was never destined to happen.

And I share the same issue others mention. There's not a whole lot lot of depth to characters other than Izuru. It doesn't help that each pilot's memories got erased. I feel like most of the anime's appeal is really in the action rather than in character development and personalities.

It would certainly make Izuru noticing Kei more palatable!
Aug 29, 2013 3:54 AM

Oct 2010
zeth006 said:
And I share the same issue others mention. There's not a whole lot lot of depth to characters other than Izuru.

What level of depth are you talking about? The main five get their personality fleshed out numerous times throughout tough battles, funny situations and nonchalant talks. We can't have more then that cuz' they don't remember their past other then the Academy days, and they even talked about it in one of the episodes. Just because the plot centers around Izuru doesn't mean he has depth. In fact I think that the best insight into character we have right now is Asagi, who got quite a bit of development starting from episode 16. Just like in anime, only a few people here noticed this amazing character.
Aug 30, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
So my clone theory was sort of on point. Of course Simon had to be involved in it. Teoria doesn't surprise me either.

Also the silent opening...that was chilling.
Oct 8, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
Izuru and Asagi brothers? That was unexpected.
"Onii-chan" .. lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

72 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.