Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder why they suddenly jumped time, is that from the manga as well? I would've loved to see more of the training, but I guess we won't.

So glad to see that he's finally an astronaut and that his photo at JAXA is next to Hibito's! That expression of his though LOL

P.S. Agree that the Buddy as Gorilla in the anime was a distasteful 'joke'
May 27, 2015 10:34 PM

Nov 2014
scrotey said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that Buddy as Gorilla was really really distasteful.

When I saw that I couldn't believe it, but I come here and see others on the forums noticed the same thing. The show was going so well, too.
Nov 22, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2012
CaimTheJoyful said:
The gorilla part was also in very bad taste

Oh, I just noticed that lol. I figured it was because of how brolic and somewhat of a muscle head Buddy is that they chose a gorilla but I can see how it can be misinterpreted into something controversial.
Jan 11, 2016 1:53 AM
Dec 2009
Soween said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Oh well that seemed rather sudden after the gradual build up. I was expecting a slow episode where he would show off his flying skills, but it just went poof he's an astronaut now. I suppose we are finally starting towards the end of the anime.
Yeah, I thought the same thing, it was kind of considering the regular pace.

Same, I thought we would see flight training for another few episodes.

But wow! Things moving forward... still a lot of episodes left so I'm interested to see where they're going to slow down the story again...
Dec 28, 2016 8:49 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 69 - Next to Hibito:

"Mr Hibit" Anime, something only Japan can think. In USA no one welcome Hibito, because they don't have the Hype Japan have for Hibito.

June 20th, 2027. Two years have passed sinse first episode.

Murasaki finally get on stage, he is the third Japanese men to step on the Mon, after Hibito and Azuma.

Mutta looks so happy in the photo. And next the director says to Mutta "In eighteen months, there's an open spot in the backup crew for a mission" Thanks to his charisma and talent he recived recommendations of Pico, Deneil and I suppose Azuma.

In the end they actually show us "Hibit the anime!"

The animation has improved so much, good work A-1 Pictures!

"I trained you. I can trust you with my life" (Deneil Young to Mutta)

"But first, Mutta, I have something for the notebook in your heart. When you dump water in someone who's retiring, you're showing you gratitude." (Deneil Young to Mutta)

5/5
ArakitoDec 28, 2016 8:54 AM
Jan 3, 2017 10:19 AM

May 2015
I love how people overreacting over gorilla-buddy. My God, you are bunch of idiots, who don't have any reserve and gets offend by everything.

Terminator Mutta was awesome. And big plus for profile picture. ;D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 19, 2017 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
Mr. Hibbit is my favorite anime.

Dat Mutta picture xDDD
Sep 8, 2017 12:16 PM

Aug 2015
FrozenRaider said:
I love how people overreacting over gorilla-buddy. My God, you are bunch of idiots, who don't have any reserve and gets offend by everything.

This.

Also, the pacing doesn't affect me at all. Actually I like it this way. Only 30 episodes left, things need to go fast!

P.s the photo frames of the brothers at JAXA was awesome! :D
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Sep 22, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2012
Lovely, both brothers are side by side on the wall! Really lovely development, let's see what's next!
Mar 13, 2018 10:17 AM

Feb 2013
When I saw the buckets I thought they had to fly with them on the plane or something like that, lol, it was weird to see everyone throw water at poor Young-san.
Wtf is wrong with that picture, he reminded me of Bossun, congrats though.
Apr 20, 2020 2:50 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was beautiful, the part with Deneil was very good and Mutta’s picture was pretty hilarious xD
Nov 3, 2020 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
best time skip in anime i have ever seen.

so mutta is finally astronaut, and he requested to be backup team, that means it's not entirely sure he's going to space, but i have hard time to see him passing on that, wonder what he's gonna do.
Jun 16, 2023 8:33 PM

Feb 2019
What a timeskip. But I'm kind of glad they didn't take their time with the training and instead jumped this far ahead.

Buddy Waters as a gorilla? If more people knew about this, I have a feeling it might cause controversy.
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Aug 2021
Absolute 100/100 episodes. he finally became an astronaut.
That's face is also 100/100. my face also became like mutta's as watching.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CuriousThing - May 5, 2012

59 by zugzwank »»
Jan 18, 2:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.