Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 14, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2012
Security in the castle is pretty loose huh... It seems quite easy for a little girl to get to the ceremony location. Guess it is also pretty straightforward to navigate inside the complex lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 14, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
Interesting episode. Kiriko and Ulla are definitely hiding something. And I think the red-haired guy will play an important part on the next episode.
Aug 16, 2013 12:06 AM
Apr 2011
I like the premises of this show, I like the art, I like the ost.....this show would be so much better without this main character...she is so annoying to watch....She's almost the sole reason why I am considering dropping the show. But since I heard this is a thirteen episode show, I might as well stick with it.

I like the city of Ortus, it's really a dark place when you think about it, and their princess is adorable, or seemingly adorable. We will see in the future her true nature, but I like her. I don't know how I feel about the hundreds of people willing to kill themselves to get into the city, but if they choose it than they should allow to choose. I don't know why the MC get her panty in a bunch for the most randoms things.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Aug 17, 2013 10:16 AM

Jun 2008
So i guess the princess plays the role of he goddess of their down by killing people with her eyes and speech or something?

I am still on the fence about the protagonist.

Btw that witch was some serious hot stuff.

amginex said:
dorothy3242 said:
amginex said:
hopefully they explain why the mc is a 12-yr girl

Wasn't that because it was further proof that she wasn't normal and some gravekeeper/human hybrid otherwise she couldn't have been so young??

totally my bad, i can see how anyone can misinterpret what i was trying to ask. i meant that hopefully the writer would show why the mc should be a 12 yr old girl. alot of char in this anime is not normal. why did she need to be a hybrid? is it because she has to have the flaw of not being able to tell apart whos living or whos dead? why did she not to be able to tell who is living or dead? more than probably later in this anime (i have not read any of the LN/manga) it will explain all of these. but if shes a hybrid just so she doesnt know the dead from the living, then its just a simple cop-out explanation. there's gotta more to it (and im pretty sure it will be explained later) but that doesnt mean its not annoying right now (as of this epi)

i actually like the portrayal of a 12 yr old kid. the reckless, impulsive actions that she doesnt know what "danger" is, is very realistic. but if the writer just picked that type of MC just so the story would move forward where she gets into crazy situation because shes a kid who doesnt know better, then thats just a major fail in my opinion. it would be a waste of a good premise and promising plot.

this is also where the flaw in julie D's character comes in. come on, shes 12, take better care of her! she just ran out of the house, couldnt catch a 12 yr old? a city of million that will kill a gravekeeper on sight, lets go in anyway just because the 12 yr says "because i want to".

but like i said, its early in the series. im 99% sure everything will be explained

I agree with this. I have similar reservation.
Aug 20, 2013 9:53 AM
May 2013
goldrose said:
It wasn't fast paced or anything but I'm really loving this anime. I don't really see the problem with the young mc either, it's not like shes overly obnoxious or annoying or anything. It's nice to have something different instead of maybe a 16 year old or so mc where unnecessary romance would probably be thrown in.

The main reason that I see: It makes everything all the more creepier.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Aug 20, 2013 10:01 AM
May 2013
hiabara said:
kiriko and the princess are really cute :3
and it seems like their stories get really interesting.

i also thought the ending was pretty sad:
"a ceremony to accept the living, right?"
"yes. a group of 105 living people wants to move into ortus because they have lost their way of life. tonight, they'll be put to rest."
"are you going to kill them?"
"that's right."

but why do people want to die in that world? atm it doesn't really make a difference if you're dead or alive. you may slowly rot and everything, but the doctor said she's able to stop it (or slow it down?), so why does that group of people want to die? is it just to live in that city? or what do they mean exactly with "lost their way of life"? i think i missed something...

To quote my best friend when we watched this: You have to respect one's desire to control their own destiny.

RazorRamona200 said:
Oh dear, did Kiriko gave Ai a bitch slap?

Now, how can that Ulla princess see with both eyes patched up?

Ai baka, you just have no idea of what Ulla is doing.

DIdn't the purple haired teenager do something with her hand so e could communicate with her?
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Aug 21, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
I am glad I endured through first three episodes. Cause Ortus arc feels like wholy different anime. I like its atmosphere and the situation of dead in that city. And Ai running around carelessly with danger everywher - it was almost chilling. But I also sense some sort of uneasiness about main characters, something bad will happen to them and soon.
Aug 22, 2013 2:06 AM

Jul 2012
Exbo said:
Ulla wrote in French.
That's interesting. :3

I didn't even notice at first(I speak and write it almost fluently) I just read it like it was English. lol

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Aug 24, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not finding the MC annoying one bit, she's different from the typical annoying kids that ask retarded questions like "why are people so mean?" Not even the "girl talk" between Ai and Ulla annoyed me, and I get annoyed by 95% of those. I don't feel that the pacing is too fast either, it's perfect to me.

How didn't Yuri catch up with Ai when he ran out of the room? He was like 5 feet behind her.

And wow, even I felt a slight shock when 105 people wanted to give up living.
Aug 24, 2013 6:06 PM
Aug 2011
This show tries to be deep but I can't take it seriously because a grown-ass man can't even stop a 12 year old and he follows her every little whim. Whatever lol.
Aug 25, 2013 10:11 PM

Jul 2010
4/5 it was good overall. Also, I kinda like that loli outfit of the princess.
Sep 6, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
soooo Kiriko is pretty much a PG version of Frankenstein....
Sep 12, 2013 7:56 AM
Jul 2018

Ulla's alive, so that means she is hiding something.
Oct 5, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
Some parts of this episode is illogical like how the girl seems to have google maps installed in her brain, but gosh I love this ED so much.
Oct 7, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2012
Pretty loose episode but the new character sure is nice, lets see what's next!
Oct 7, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2012
i gotta say the concept for this anime is so amazing, and the storyline is general love the who phantom pregnancy thing the women experience now that gos has abandoned them, also the whole city is DARK i mean seriously people coming here to die because they have lost their way in life D: so chilling and sad, i agree that these concepts could be pressed in more detail and go deeper, rather than just skip lightly over them all... would make it SO much better

as for the mc i wouldn't say i dislike her, not as annoying as most young female protagonists that i have watched, a little naive and stupid but hey... she's a 12 year old girl that's kinda the point right? her so called guardian is a tad pathetic and should grow a pair, but his backstory was pretty harsh!
Oct 22, 2013 2:12 AM

Sep 2011
Such a cute episode (well, most of it, not the ceremony :S).
Ulla is so cute, I wonder if she actually is aware of what she is doing. I think she is :/
Oct 22, 2013 6:16 AM

Sep 2011
Shit getting pretty hyped!
Dec 17, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
I love this arc mainly because it reminds me so much of Spice and Wolf for whatever reason...actually is a really interesting plot going on...would never have thought...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 24, 2013 11:02 AM
May 2012
Kiriko's back story is kinda messed up!!!!

I knew that there is something going on with Ulla but I think that she is still a nice girl ^^
Things are really getting interesting!!!!!

I really like the ending song and the transition it makes every ending of the episode :D

Just one more hour and it's Christmas here in my place ^_^ Merry Christmas to all :)))

Now I'll just eat :3
Jan 1, 2014 12:10 AM

Dec 2013
woah so they going to massacre all the migrants just so they will be accepted in society D:
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Sep 3, 2014 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
That witch was sexy. The princess of the dead is actually alive. I hope we see her face. I mean why cover it?I wonder if her people know that she is alive. I'm still confused on some things. If you are alive do you still age? When you die do you still age? Do people age at all? Good episode.
Dec 19, 2014 2:59 AM

May 2013
What the fuck Ai? After being told not to leave and not to tell your secret, you just left and told your secret!
But I guess it was worth it because Kiriko told Ai that even if he was born because of a sexy witch, he's still dead.

So far, we've met four out of six people of Lap Star or Lacking Pentagram.
This time we meet the Diva/Pox combo, who says Scar has false pregnancy.

Awesome, Ai meets Ulla! (^_^)
Ulla says one must die in order to live. And here's 105 people for an example.
Woah, the princess of the dead is alive.
My only question is how the hell did Ai run faster than Yuri?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 12, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2014
Ai: Ooh ... you're a member of the legions of walking dead in this city? I'm a gravedigger! It's my job to bury you! Sure, let's be friends!

[Hilarity ensues]
GanbatteBakemonoFeb 12, 2015 2:19 PM
Mar 1, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2014
The Princess is beautiful

Dec 19, 2015 10:14 PM

Feb 2011
Exbo said:
nauticalblue said:

By the way, does anyone else feel like Dmitriyevich is a really strangely-constructed character? Every time he comes on screen, I just keep noticing the character inconsistencies.

Yeah, it's weird. First, he was best friends with Astin, wanted revenge, calmed down and saved his best friend, and now worries like a doting father to Ai.

Was searching for a post reflecting my thoughts on this. So far, everyone seemed to be brushing over my uncertainties with the past three episodes as though they weren't happening, and though I am finding myself oddly hooked with this anime, I just find a lot of the character development to be completely bizarre and shallow.
May 30, 2016 9:55 AM

May 2016
As I've already mentioned in the last episode - the atmosphere of this anime is getting very nice especially concerning the last 2 episodes, the soundtrack at the beginning was really good too.
Jun 15, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2016
As I've already mentioned in the last episode - the atmosphere of this anime is getting very nice especially concerning the last 2 episodes, the soundtrack at the beginning was really good too.
May 28, 2021 12:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kiriko's backstory is interesting, and same for the princess' character, so she's alive?!
Apr 3, 11:42 PM

Dec 2022
Is Diva just treating everyone in the city herself?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.