Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wtf, Touka has another identity called Genocider Syo? That's news to me....and she looks psychotic:

I find her affection towards Togami a bit strange though...

Pretty decent OST and again, I love the way Kirigiri theorizes. So the killer was Mondo huh? I didn't suspect him at first but oh well, looks like he's going to have to go. Holy tigers.
Stark700Aug 1, 2013 10:33 AM
Aug 1, 2013 10:29 AM
Jan 2012
Sawashiro-san awesome as always as Genocider and man... lots of feels when Ishimaru was crying I was almost crying lol
neji3994Aug 1, 2013 10:32 AM
Aug 1, 2013 10:51 AM
Jan 2012
Mittee said:
Animated Syo, Ishimaru crying and shota Chihiro are what saved this episode. I'm still pissed that they skipped Ishimaru's MTB though.

I agree but we would only see him shouting and crying and we saw that in the end of the episode in compensation... Rushed but still liking it not THAT bad
Aug 1, 2013 11:00 AM

Jan 2012
I LOVE THE GENOCIDER SHOU~ <3
She's so awesome xD

Aww they skipped his MTB? :c
Lame. I haven't watched the episode yet but Im excited~
Aug 1, 2013 11:03 AM
Jan 2012
Slowpoke_ said:
I LOVE THE GENOCIDER SHOU~ <3
She's so awesome xD

Aww they skipped his MTB? :c
Lame. I haven't watched the episode yet but Im excited~

They skipped it... at least the execution wasn't censored because there weren't anything to censor on it
Aug 1, 2013 11:04 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Ishi ;_; <3 Also I love how almost no one thought that it was Mondo. I saw lots of Fukawas, some Togamis, I think I even saw some Asahinas and Sakuras, but almost zero Mondo speculations. I thought the Chapter 2 case was one of the more confusing ones.

It upsets me though because I'm watching it with my friend who doesn't know the story and she found out Mondo was the killer beforehand because she blacklisted the tag "dangan ronpa spoilers" but someone tagged "dr spoilers" instead. *cringes* And she had already figured out Leon was the culprit beforehand and the next trial seems fairly obvious to me so I'm sad she's not gonna experience the mindfucks until the last two trials. Although those were the best ones so hopefully they'll be worth it for her.

PS: I also appreciated that how the murder took place was almost entirely animated this time.
ChanaynayAug 1, 2013 11:39 AM
Aug 1, 2013 11:45 AM
Jan 2012
Chanaynay said:
PS: I also appreciated that how the murder took place was almost entirely animated this time.

They might animate the next murder too because in the game they explained it all using flashbacks like in today's episode
Aug 1, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
Sawashiro handled Genocider Syo quite well EDIT: Well duh she voiced her in the game, what am I even saying??. Poor Mondo and Fujisaki, now Ishimaru is broken ;_;.
VioLinkAug 1, 2013 3:17 PM
[center]
Aug 1, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2010

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 1, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2011
GLORIOUS GENOCIDER.

I HAVE NO REGRETS.

also Monokuma doing things like dancing around and drinking coffee

but Fujisaki's reveal wasn't as amusing
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Aug 1, 2013 1:00 PM

Dec 2010
Aaaaand my fav character, Syo appears. I hate this rushed Class Trials though, it's just too fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2013 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
neji3994 said:
Chanaynay said:

They might animate the next murder too because in the game they explained it all using flashbacks like in today's episode

I don't think the actual murder was shown in the next trial's flashback though? I don't remember it well enough as it's been a while.

opernlied said:

I much preferred when Kirigiri had Sakura reveal it.
Aug 1, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
ok im probably gonna sound like an idiot, but what the fuck is a MTB, i google it and it says it means mountain bike

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 1, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ok im probably gonna sound like an idiot, but what the fuck is a MTB, i google it and it says it means mountain bike

I think it's the rhythm game where you debate someone helplessly trying to defend themselves (or in this case Ishimaru trying to defend Mondo). They did it with Leon last episode even though there was no flashy background or beats at the bottom of the screen.
Aug 1, 2013 1:31 PM
Jan 2012
Chanaynay said:
neji3994 said:
Chanaynay said:

I don't think the actual murder was shown in the next trial's flashback though? I don't remember it well enough as it's been a while.

They explained how it happened via flashback but I won't say who because it would spoil the next case... that's why I think it'll be animated because this 2° case the act of murdering was in a flashback and was animated
Aug 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Jun 2009
poor ishimaru i nearly started crying seeing him like that

what i dont get is why togami did that to chihiro .. i mean if the really thought sho did it he would have died too
Aug 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
WTF?? -_- tohka is really creepy.. never thought if she that scary :/
and I dont really understand but.. poor ishimaru :p
Aug 1, 2013 2:35 PM
May 2011
Holy rush batman, no defense from owada,no ids , no explanation why togami did anything, yep the game just can't be done in 13 eps. and this is just the 2 trial, god can't imagine what they'll do in the longer ones.
Aug 1, 2013 2:41 PM
Jul 2012
darkziosj said:
Holy rush batman, no defense from owada,no ids , no explanation why togami did anything, yep the game just can't be done in 13 eps. and this is just the 2 trial, god can't imagine what they'll do in the longer ones.

Yeah, that was I thinking about when i saw this popup. should of been 24 instead.
Aug 1, 2013 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
Chanaynay said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I think it's the rhythm game where you debate someone helplessly trying to defend themselves (or in this case Ishimaru trying to defend Mondo). They did it with Leon last episode even though there was no flashy background or beats at the bottom of the screen.
oh that, they skipped that? Damn that was one of the saddest parts of the trial

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 1, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2012
HOLY GODDAMN THAT WAS DEPRESSING. So much worse than on the game, despite being rushed. Even Naegi and if you look closely at the end, Sakura and Aoi, were reduced to tears.

And did we get red blood during the Daiya flashback scene?

Animated Syo is just as awesome as game Syo.

It's true that this anime is rushed to all hell, but I think they're doing an A+ job for the time constraints they have to work with. The only things that would have made this episode better would be Togami's explanation and Ishi's MTB scene.

And I can't believe nobody's mentioned LITTLE KID CHIHIRO yet! He's such a cutie, boy or girl clothes.

Oh, and it looks like there's a mole for Monobear in the group too. Kirigiri, Togami and Syo were my top guesses when I first played it.
RarityAug 1, 2013 3:11 PM
Aug 1, 2013 3:07 PM

Sep 2011
just watched it, have to say that really sucked, 1st trial wasnt handled that poorly but this one more than anything just missed the entire emotional kick or even the dark humor of syo.

took some episodes for me to really decide but this adaptation blows

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 1, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2013
darkziosj said:

Yeah, this was the chapter that gave me strong feelings about Togami (they were bad feelings, but its impact is the point) and they skipped over a lot of his rage-inducing parts. The ID and its weak point was the strongest piece of evidence too. Man, I can't even imagine how the next chapter is going to go. The culprit was fairly obvious to me but there was a ton of shit that needed to be addressed. I'm still waiting for this to get subbed so I can double check if they talked about something I thought they didn't but it doesn't look good from here.
Aug 1, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Chanaynay said:
darkziosj said:

Yeah, this was the chapter that gave me strong feelings about Togami (they were bad feelings, but its impact is the point) and they skipped over a lot of his rage-inducing parts. The ID and its weak point was the strongest piece of evidence too. Man, I can't even imagine how the next chapter is going to go. The culprit was fairly obvious to me but there was a ton of shit that needed to be addressed. I'm still waiting for this to get subbed so I can double check if they talked about something I thought they didn't but it doesn't look good from here.

well chapter 3 is easily the worst one in the entire game so im imagining the anime will make it a little worse.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 1, 2013 3:30 PM
Jan 2013
Wow, I had low expectations for this anime anyways but the class trial part was absolutely horrible. They decided on the killer solely on the words "blue gym uniform," which wasn't even a previously presented evidence. The broken student cards, which were supposed to be the key evidence, wasn't even used in the actual trial. Genocider Sho, which was supposed to be the most fun part of this trial, talked for like, what, 2 minutes? And they didn't even explain that if the truth about Oowada's weakness and the accident got out, his biker gang would be destroyed, which is why Oowada was so desperate not to have his secret exposed to the public.

Yep, from hereon I'll just think of this anime as a fanservice to the game fans. Feel bad for the anime-only watchers, though.
suynkAug 1, 2013 3:47 PM
Aug 1, 2013 3:54 PM

Mar 2010
I already played the game...
I already knew the murder...
I already knew how it would end and what would happened...
...THEN, WHY I'M CRYING? ;_;

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Aug 1, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2011
SanzuNoKawa said:
yah why are you, this was so horribly adapted that the entire emotional kick was non exsistent

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 1, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SanzuNoKawa said:
yah why are you, this was so horribly adapted that the entire emotional kick was non exsistent

To drop or not..? :/

You tell me!
Aug 1, 2013 4:25 PM
Feb 2012
I don't know, outside of the rushed parts, I think the changes made to the trial were for the better. I think Trial 2 was easily the worst trial in the game, solely because of Togami's involvement. Sure, there is technically an explanation given for why Togami did what he did in the game, but it was still a really stupid reason, clearly only there to make the case more complicated. I don't even know why people think this case is so good, there are so many leaps in logic in it, and so many things conveniently brought up for this case that never really get brought up again. Trial 3 is pretty predictable, but at least it attempts to make sense and doesn't just throw a bunch of bullshit at you to make it more needlessly complicated or to make certain characters look a certain way, when it really doesn't make sense for them to have done that.
Aug 1, 2013 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
subbbbbbs
Aug 1, 2013 5:03 PM
Jan 2013
HiddenDoorway said:
I don't know, outside of the rushed parts, I think the changes made to the trial were for the better. I think Trial 2 was easily the worst trial in the game, solely because of Togami's involvement. Sure, there is technically an explanation given for why Togami did what he did in the game, but it was still a really stupid reason, clearly only there to make the case more complicated. I don't even know why people think this case is so good, there are so many leaps in logic in it, and so many things conveniently brought up for this case that never really get brought up again. Trial 3 is pretty predictable, but at least it attempts to make sense and doesn't just throw a bunch of bullshit at you to make it more needlessly complicated or to make certain characters look a certain way, when it really doesn't make sense for them to have done that.

But what kind of changes were there exactly? The only change I noticed was that Togami told them an actual reason to why he did such a thing, and besides that, nothing was changed and everything was rushed so much that they didn't even use the evidence they had, making everything make even LESS sense. I mean, they didn't make use of ANY of the evidence in accusing Owada. By your logic, you would have liked this adaptation even less because there were huge logic leaps in everything they decided on because of how rushed the arguments were. (Though I don't really understand what logic leaps were there in the original game..) Another reason a lot of people enjoyed this chapter in the original game is majorly because of Genocider Sho's appearance, but she didn't even get any screentime in the adaptation.
Aug 1, 2013 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
OP skipped for Gakkyuu Saiban.

Wow, too quick. Genocider is the megane girl. And that timidness is fake. From the posters, it was revealed that victim is a guy who wears female outfit. Though Ishida-san wanted tto make that Genocider as killer and failed. So many statements to get the killers to spill out accidentally, and the PE shirt color became the key. That guy with that crazy hair style (motorcycler) is the killer. He was the trainer of him who he told the secret to his identity and helping with going to gym. He also killed his brother through the battle of motorcycling and was guilty prior to that. It was just out of emotion that he killed otokonoko.

Eh? Butter? lol @ the conversation between Monokuma and someone during the ED. There's a 16th? 5 dead..
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2013 5:20 PM
Jan 2013
tsubasalover said:

Wow, too quick. Genocider is the megane girl. And that timidness is fake. From the posters, it was revealed that victim is a guy who wears female outfit. Though Ishida-san wanted tto make that Genocider as killer and failed. So many statements to get the killers to spill out accidentally, and the PE shirt color became the key. That guy with that crazy hair style (motorcycler) is the killer. He was the trainer of him who he told the secret to his identity and helping with going to gym. He also killed his brother through the battle of motorcycling and was guilty prior to that. It was just out of emotion that he killed otokonoko.

Eh? Butter? lol @ the conversation between Monokuma and someone during the ED. There's a 16th? 5 dead..

The timidness isn't a fake, she just suffers from a split personality disorder.
And Togami didn't fail, he just did it to make the trial more interesting and to confuse the real culprit, which he succeeded in doing.
Aug 1, 2013 5:26 PM

Sep 2011
suynk said:
tsubasalover said:

The timidness isn't a fake, she just suffers from a split personality disorder.
And Togami didn't fail, he just did it to make the trial more interesting and to confuse the real culprit, which he succeeded in doing.

He also wanted fuwakawa to reveal shes syo

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 1, 2013 5:57 PM
Mar 2012
In the game Togami's main motivation was he wanted to prepare himself for when he was the killer. Everything else was just his added fun :)

Also people should probably not complain about things being skipped over until after the subs are out cause it looks to me like they still might be explained.

I have mixed feelings about this case. It was a good adaptation of the case but considering I really liked how it was presented in the game(Being the only actual good mystery) I can't say I wasn't a little disappointed. Oh well on to chapter 3!
Aug 1, 2013 6:00 PM
Jan 2013
Valkama said:
In the game Togami's main motivation was he wanted to prepare himself for when he was the killer. Everything else was just his added fun :)

Also people should probably not complain about things being skipped over until after the subs are out cause it looks to me like they still might be explained.

I have mixed feelings about this case. It was a good adaptation of the case but considering I really liked how it was presented in the game(Being the only actual good mystery) I can't say I wasn't a little disappointed. Oh well on to chapter 3!

Well, some people don't need english subs to understand everything.
Aug 2, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2013
tohka is so scary o_0

next potential celes xD
Aug 2, 2013 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
opernlied said:
GLORIOUS GENOCIDER.

I HAVE NO REGRETS.

also Monokuma doing things like dancing around and drinking coffee

he was too stupid to hide secrets D: he just got busted from his own words :3
Aug 2, 2013 6:58 AM
Jul 2012
What a poor adaptation...
Still Genocider Syo <3
Aug 2, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2012
Please just die, Syo.

Actually guessed the culprit correctly, woohoo.
Aug 2, 2013 9:20 AM

Sep 2012
Somehow the motivation as disclosed seems weak to me. But then he is a messed-up guy anyway, so...

And no wonder they got Sawashiro Miyuki to voice Fukawa Touko... So there is a good reason...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 2, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
YEAH. It's finally getting interesting. I'm starting to really like it (:

5/5
Aug 2, 2013 10:26 AM

May 2010
Pu pu pu pu pu pu pu!

4/5
Aug 2, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
YES syo appeared. she seems even crazier than in the game, i love it. i also seem to like monokuma more in the anime than in the game. he is somehow amusing.
trial was a bit rushed, but for putting all in 1 episode they did a good job.
poor ishimaru. :-(
Aug 2, 2013 11:10 AM

Feb 2012
silverwalls said:
YES syo appeared. she seems even crazier than in the game, i love it. i also seem to like monokuma more in the anime than in the game. he is somehow amusing.
trial was a bit rushed, but for putting all in 1 episode they did a good job.
poor ishimaru. :-(

man even though i knew ishimaru cried and everything, actually hearing it like that made things pretty emotional ;_; the trail itself in the game though wasnt too great but the motive is probably the best. i loved that they made sure to tell the almost exactly (i think) how it was in the game and showing Oowada talking to Chihiro right before the murder was great (even though i think they did that in the game too)
Aug 2, 2013 11:14 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow this Genocider Syo has such a long tongue D: And Togami with his little test to trick people, how smart. Kyouko too, making Oowada fall into the trap like that. This episode was interesting, but a little too dramatic for me. Like the part with the multiple personality disorder, it was obvious that that's what Togami was hinting at, but it seemed like such a huge revelation or something when Naegi said it out loud o_o
Aug 2, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
Not bad. I guessed most of what the clues are right, but it's just the slip of the tongue that identified the killer. Still an interesting episode nonetheless.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 2, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2011
pretty rushed episode but overall I enjoyed it. I did like Ishimaru's breakdown in the anime although skipping MTB sucked alot.
Aug 2, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
2nd class trial began. I gotta say the animation as well as Sawashiro voicing he genocider shou in here looks pretty great.
Damn, I felt these emotions from ishimaru about losing his friend in the process.

Aug 2, 2013 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
Meh, I'm kinda sad that it wasn't something anyone could guess with deduction, a lot of information where said in the trial and not before it...
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.