Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2013 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not as high on Levi as many of the fangirls around here, but I understand that he needed to discipline Erene in order to impress on the Supreme Commander that the Recon Corps could deal with Eren in a way the military police couldn't. He could have maybe been a bit less energic about stomping on his head though.

I loved MIkasa's face of utter fury when she was about to let go on Levi. As long as she's around, Eren will be pretty safe no matter what.

Only thing I dislike is how they made everyone from the opposite side of the bench a total douche or religious fanatic. It would have been a much better trial if the opposite side actually managed some reasonable arguments and made the outcome less obvious.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2013 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, that episode was... epic, with one word.
Last scene with "tooth" was quite funny though xD
...You what?
Jul 14, 2013 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
poor Eren... good luck!
and now Eren is in Scouting Legion!
episode was good, at the end it somehow makes me cry...

until next weeek
Jul 14, 2013 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
wow I really disliked Levi this episode.and the opening and ending was meh
Jul 14, 2013 1:42 PM

Apr 2008
zombiepika said:

You do realize that without that the guard would have taken Eren experimented on him and then had him executed, right?
Jul 14, 2013 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
Eren got quite a beating... but I liked the episode.
The new OP is awesome and I actually prefer the new ED than the first.
Jul 14, 2013 2:05 PM
Jan 2010
Looks like we got dangerously close to mikasa's abs there in the opening

btw just saying but after that attack in the courtroom levi should've immediately been tried for assault just saying
Jul 14, 2013 2:07 PM
Jan 2010
Darklight0303 said:
zombiepika said:

You do realize that without that the guard would have taken Eren experimented on him and then had him executed, right?

not how court works dude
Jul 14, 2013 2:09 PM

Mar 2010
levi is such a badass
and the new op sucks
Jul 14, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
I really wanted to see what would happen if armin didn't hold mikasa back.
Jul 14, 2013 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
Beating up of Eren was inconsequential cos of his regenerative abilities.

He only seems vulnerable after emerging from titan or decapitation I assume.

Also nice little subplot going on between privileged elite and general masses.
Jul 14, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
In celebration, I've made a gif towards my fangirlism to Levi.
Jul 14, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
wailofthebanshee said:
Darklight0303 said:
zombiepika said:

not how court works dude

Do you honestly naively believe they would have given a verdict in his favor?
Jul 14, 2013 2:53 PM
Jun 2013
Well, that was a disgrace of a court hearing and I think Eren's proclamation was a bit too dramatic, those would be my only complaints.

Otherwise quite possibly the best episode so far. The dialogue in this episode progressed the story and it never felt overly verbose or stretched out. Eren was also much less annoying. Oh, yeah. I also liked the concept of the "Wallists".
Jul 14, 2013 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
That Ad Hominem
Dam the court really does suck.
Jul 14, 2013 3:37 PM

Feb 2012
OP had amazing animation, so I certainly won't knock it for that. The song was meh, especially at the beginning (didn't fit too much with the atmosphere of Attack on Titan). As for the episode I thought it was awesome. Eren sticking up for Mikasa was badass
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jul 14, 2013 4:26 PM

Dec 2012
This without a doubt was the best episode so far for me. It didn't have any kind of repetitive stuff or cringe worthy dialogue and I just loved levi ( his personality, his looks especially his face, his voice actor Kamiya Hiroshi <3). Everything was great in this episode except for the OP.

My first 5/5 episode of this anime.
Jul 14, 2013 4:41 PM

Feb 2013
oh man what an episode, new op which i didnt care for old 1 was definitely better, but i liked the new ending better than old 1. I love how this show can be so epic when all they do is talk. Look forward to seeing Eren learn how to better control his titan form. I also hope that is the last time Levi beats the crap out of him and that it was just for show in court.

Also I havent looked at the new season of anime yet so if any1 has any suggestions for me I would appreciate some messages =)
[/url]
Jul 14, 2013 5:14 PM

Mar 2012
That ending was... was... there are no words to describe how EPIC it was... almost made me cry from the epicness :')
Jul 14, 2013 5:44 PM
Jun 2012
If they don't make a second season and continue where the manga left off, there will be hell to pay. This anime is too big for them to stop producing. The Japanese fans could be like the Korean fans(Korean fans charged into some entertainment building some time ago) and bust into the studio. Fan rage is a scary thing.
Jul 14, 2013 6:05 PM

Feb 2010
This court system definitely doesn't operate where you're "innocent until proven guilty".
You walk in, they don't like you, you're guilty. And it takes a heck of a lot to prove you innocent.
Jul 14, 2013 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
EarlCiel said:
This court system definitely doesn't operate where you're "innocent until proven guilty".
You walk in, they don't like you, you're guilty. And it takes a heck of a lot to prove you innocent.

Pretty much. Luckily Erwin is a shrewd mother fucka
Jul 14, 2013 6:31 PM

Aug 2010
Watched this episode and my gosh and it was way too intense. Levi and Eren need to get a room already...just go to bed together already! XD
Jul 14, 2013 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
trial scene was dull, but vital.
it goes to show how many opinions are really surrounding eren and his "secret."
i agree with levi that the ones who argue to kill eren are only the ones that are pampered, spoiled, and have never seen an actual titan.
i'm glad the recon corps stepped up and now eren's a part of the team, fulfilling one half of his dream :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2013 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
wailofthebanshee said:
Darklight0303 said:
zombiepika said:

not how court works dude

This one works like that, read the Disclosed Information page.
Jul 14, 2013 8:33 PM
Jun 2013
Ominous_bat said:
If they don't make a second season and continue where the manga left off, there will be hell to pay. This anime is too big for them to stop producing. The Japanese fans could be like the Korean fans(Korean fans charged into some entertainment building some time ago) and bust into the studio. Fan rage is a scary thing.

Jul 14, 2013 9:10 PM

Mar 2013
I really wish I could make a nice relevant statement about the happenings of the episode, but everything I would say would pretty much boil down to "I came excessively."

I mean, I spent the latter half of the episode just thrusting my pelvis into the TV like

I really feel like they've started bringing their A game to animating this; or maybe it just seemed particularly impressive when compared to episode 13's purple technicolor bricks.
StickyWizardJul 14, 2013 9:16 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jul 14, 2013 9:11 PM
Jan 2011
Marzan said:
Only thing I dislike is how they made everyone from the opposite side of the bench a total douche or religious fanatic. It would have been a much better trial if the opposite side actually managed some reasonable arguments and made the outcome less obvious.

I had to browse 13 pages to get to read this post...
well, i saw you posting on Ergo Proxy threads...
Jul 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Feb 2013
Recon-corps = full of weirdos -.-
Jul 14, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2012
nurBAW said:
Recon-corps = full of super awesome bosses who kind of weird.

Fixed that for ya.
Jul 14, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
Really good episode. This arc seems to be pretty interesting.

And I love both the OP and ED better than the previous one.
Jul 14, 2013 10:59 PM

Sep 2011
I like the guy who kicked out Eren of his ass face.
Jul 14, 2013 11:02 PM

Mar 2012
That guy used Eren's face as a football.
Jul 14, 2013 11:40 PM
Apr 2013
buttercups7273 said:
I actually didn't hate the new OP(through the first few seconds of it are bad...), the ED is good too.
As for the episode...I am REALLY happy about how they exectuted this chapter.
Rivalle kicking Eren's ass was a lot more violent than in the manga but I actually liked how intense it was. I had been anticipating this scene for a long time and it did not disapoint. Mikasa's reaction was spot on and the priest was as annoying and irritating as I rememberd. I'm glad to hear the second seasons budget will be bigger. Better quality in the animation will make it so awesome. I can't wait for the next episode

Where did you find that out
Jul 14, 2013 11:44 PM

Feb 2013
Well, it took me a bit to watch this, because this is the one scene in which I had already be spoiled for and I really didn't want to watch Levi ( a character I hardly know) beat up on Eren (a character I have grown to know and love) however, after watching the whole thing, I can see why he did it, even if he was a little overboard.

I think this episode had Mikasa best death glare yet. If I was Levi, I was watch out for Mikasa at all cost. Even IF Levi happens to be stronger than Mikasa (which I'm not sure of at all), there is nothing like a woman with a grudge or something precious to protect. She might play nice at first, but just when you think it's all over and she's forgotten, she will strike like a cobra! And you can be sure that it will be very, very painful...

We see that there are quite a bit of politics involved here, it's more than just fighting Titans. There are the many varieties of humans with differing goals to think about to. I also though it interesting that each level of the wall you go, the more posh and well off it seems. The people in Wall Sina look like they came out of a Turn of the Century painting, while everyone else looks like they are in different levels of Medieval.

The trial was one that showed the feelings of all sides and we can again see how fast fear can take control. It even began to feel like a witch hunt as the used Eren and Mikasa's past against them and even tried to accuse Mikasa of being a Titan as well. Eren makes up for his previous douchiness when he angrily speaks up for her, in order to protect her from pointing fingers.

The weird Recon Corp, with the violent help of Levi, get him placed into their custody rather than dissected and they are happy to have him in their weirdo family. However, I'm wonder what's going to happen next. We now have so many different characters to look at, from the new Recon Corp that will be introduced more next week, to the already presented Training Corp that we have begun to know already. Are all the other characters going to disappear, in favor of the new ones, or will we have some balance?

I don't know at all what to expect in the coming episodes, but I hope it will be as interesting as the last set. Shingeki has become a phenomenon, and its doing its best to live up to that.

As for the new OP and ED, I like the new OP even if it didn't wow me as much as the first one. The imagery isn't as good, and the song sounds rushed with a little too much guitar at points, but I like the sort of military/national anthem in the beginning. It was a nice change of tone that still suits the shows theme. It also has some of the some motifs from the Guren no Yumiya, so the songs sound like they belong together.

As for the ED, it's good, but it's not very memorable. Though, just like the first one, it has excellent visuals.

I give this episode an 8/10. I will be very interested to see where this show will be going in the future.
Jul 15, 2013 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
Only Levi would have the balls to kick the crap out of Eren in front of Mikasa xD
Jul 15, 2013 12:39 AM
Jan 2012
Irenesharda said:
We now have so many different characters to look at, from the new Recon Corp that will be introduced more next week, to the already presented Training Corp that we have begun to know already. Are all the other characters going to disappear, in favor of the new ones, or will we have some balance?

It will be balanced, and I'd say balanced really well

Jul 15, 2013 12:46 AM
Apr 2013
Ominous_bat said:
Yeah ,I agree if they stop,lets go into their office and anger rage!
Jul 15, 2013 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
New OP is okay. Then again I have to hear it a few times before I can make my full judgment, since I didn't really like the first OP at first. I don't like Levi, at all right now, way to cocky. I'm waiting for Eren to turn Titian and kill he's ass! This episode was okay, feel like it should have been better since they gave us a fucking recap ep last week.

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Jul 15, 2013 1:42 AM

May 2011
Raigrex said:
OutlawJess said:
Valencia said:
Did anyone else noticed Mikasa's Cleavage scene in the OP? LOl, pretty hot there.

They refused to show her abs lol.

They’d better show them at least once, or the anime is getting a 1/10. :D

Joking of course. I have a feeling we will never see them. ;_;
Jul 15, 2013 3:09 AM
May 2008
Loved this episode! Even more than the (amazing) chapter.

Though i like this show very much, season 2 wont be coming soon. The new opening spoils it will probably end around chapter mid-30s.. Which means only between 14-16 chapters (in october) left. Season 2 in 2014 would mean an anime only ending. Season 2 in 2015+ could follow the manga though
Jul 15, 2013 4:34 AM

Jan 2012
OP was ok i guess, still prefer the first one. Good ED.

Decent episode. 3.5/5
Jul 15, 2013 4:51 AM
Mar 2013
i was like Gosh what an awful opening bleh
i feel so sorry and is really sad how Eren is treated
i loved Mikasa face she is my fav charater ♥
Jul 15, 2013 4:55 AM

May 2012
I like 2nd OP more than the first one
Jul 15, 2013 5:36 AM
Apr 2013
Irenesharda said:
Well, it took me a bit to watch this, because this is the one scene in which I had already be spoiled for and I really didn't want to watch Levi ( a character I hardly know) beat up on Eren (a character I have grown to know and love) however, after watching the whole thing, I can see why he did it, even if he was a little overboard.

I think this episode had Mikasa best death glare yet. If I was Levi, I was watch out for Mikasa at all cost. Even IF Levi happens to be stronger than Mikasa (which I'm not sure of at all), there is nothing like a woman with a grudge or something precious to protect. She might play nice at first, but just when you think it's all over and she's forgotten, she will strike like a cobra! And you can be sure that it will be very, very painful...

We see that there are quite a bit of politics involved here, it's more than just fighting Titans. There are the many varieties of humans with differing goals to think about to. I also though it interesting that each level of the wall you go, the more posh and well off it seems. The people in Wall Sina look like they came out of a Turn of the Century painting, while everyone else looks like they are in different levels of Medieval.

The trial was one that showed the feelings of all sides and we can again see how fast fear can take control. It even began to feel like a witch hunt as the used Eren and Mikasa's past against them and even tried to accuse Mikasa of being a Titan as well. Eren makes up for his previous douchiness when he angrily speaks up for her, in order to protect her from pointing fingers.

The weird Recon Corp, with the violent help of Levi, get him placed into their custody rather than dissected and they are happy to have him in their weirdo family. However, I'm wonder what's going to happen next. We now have so many different characters to look at, from the new Recon Corp that will be introduced more next week, to the already presented Training Corp that we have begun to know already. Are all the other characters going to disappear, in favor of the new ones, or will we have some balance?

I don't know at all what to expect in the coming episodes, but I hope it will be as interesting as the last set. Shingeki has become a phenomenon, and its doing its best to live up to that.

As for the new OP and ED, I like the new OP even if it didn't wow me as much as the first one. The imagery isn't as good, and the song sounds rushed with a little too much guitar at points, but I like the sort of military/national anthem in the beginning. It was a nice change of tone that still suits the shows theme. It also has some of the some motifs from the Guren no Yumiya, so the songs sound like they belong together.

As for the ED, it's good, but it's not very memorable. Though, just like the first one, it has excellent visuals.

I give this episode an 8/10. I will be very interested to see where this show will be going in the future.

thats a nice ep review you write there. Nice analysists and critics, I enjoy reading it. Good work! =)
Jul 15, 2013 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
The only time I liked Rivaille. That kick was epic. Mikasa's gaze was priceless.
Also, the new OP and END were freaking awesome. I won't say they're better than the last ones, but they're great in their own kind.
Also, the characters in the END are well-placed. I like it. (And Sasha is grhfjdk <3)
Jul 15, 2013 6:28 AM

Jun 2012
Oh my god, this series is sooo f*cking good...

Jul 15, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2010
I... was not disappointed. Whether it's the episode itself or the new OP/ED.

Truly respect the geniuses behind those strong dialogues and careful proposition of drama expanded in anime. Beautiful, beautiful ost. I might be smitten, but well, smitten I shall be. Nothing to lose.
Jul 15, 2013 8:10 AM

Jan 2011
fariwow98 said:
can't wait for new episode. What manga chapter am i supposed to start from? ^^
ep 14

Episode 14 covered chapter 19. The anime had been wobbling ie. episode 1 and 2 covered chapter 1 and 2 but episode 3 did like chapter 15 or something. But the gaps are finally filled.
Jul 15, 2013 9:29 AM
Aug 2012
I've come to a vital conclusion to what has been shown thus far.

Everyone's a pussy except for mikasa and the scouting legion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.