Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HE'S BACK. Oh God, I've been waiting for this. Recently picked up the manga as well and read it but anyways, the episode was a decent start!

It's also nice to see Haqua in this episode as well. I missed her!
Ohi Kanon. It's weird seeing her again considering the Kanon OVA came out not so long ago. So they also got right into the arc with Apollo. Good to see Diana as well. I remember her from the other OVA. 5/5. Damn I miss this show. Poor Kanon ;.;
Jul 8, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
Just like Tsubasa Shunraiki, there are some parts (the girl with the doll and that long hair girl) that I heard that mentioned in manga (because I don't read manga) is shown in summary form to introduce the main thing for this series and seems like OP from season 1 is used for that. LOVE the new OP. There's another Kanon? Apollo's too random. Oh, she gradually remembers... Interesting story from another Tenri (that I know she appeared from the OVA). So with angel has the memory, so her sister might be another Kanon. So Keima forgot the memory about Kanon until now? There's also a new devil who came to get another Kanon! Not only that she stabbed her!
tsubasaloverJul 8, 2013 5:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 8, 2013 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
There's another Kanon? Apollon is too... Oh, she gradually remembers... Interesting story from another Tenri. So with angel has the memory, so her sister might be another Kanon. So Keima forgot the memory about Kanon until now? There's also a new devil who came to get another Kanon! Not only that she stabbed her!

For Tenri, it's Diana and yup, it's the Jupiter sister. She debuted in the OVA awhile ago if I could remember.
Jul 8, 2013 10:09 AM
Oct 2012
Damn, it feels so good watching this again. Watched the livestream, even though I only understood a few, but I read the manga and have observed what happened in this episode.

Anyway, they animated 4 full chapters in this episode (ch. 80, 114-116), plus numerous flashbacks from other arcs. This has been in the corner of my mind, but I did assume that Fiore's role would be passed to Lune. Goddess Arc is definitely off to a dark start, not the comedy that I watched years ago.
XLNCJul 8, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 8, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
A lot of changes, the pace was fast for the first half as well, but they managed to cover the necessary info needed for the arc. Even if they condensed almost 60 chapters in a small flashback, the actual content that did get animated was handled very well.

With that out of the way.....

I ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE APOLLO, KANON'S CONFESSION AND ULTIMATELY HER POOR ATTACK ANIMATED! AND HOLY SHIT DID THEY ANIMATE THEY WELL! God that was so intense for the last 10 minutes. I actually really liked it.

I am ok with manglobe making changes to the arc as long as the overall flow and story are not altered too much. After all other anime have pulled it off successfully in the past. While it's still a bummer that we had to skip so much that would have made this episode a much MUCH more fantastic event, I'll continue to watch this season in hopes this attempt to tell TWGOK's best arc in 12 episodes ends up being successful.
game8910Jul 8, 2013 11:32 AM
Jul 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Nov 2012
yeah! XD finally it is airing :3 damn .. I cant wait to see minami :3 dont know why, but she looks like ohana from hanasku iroha :P
Jul 8, 2013 10:37 AM
Dec 2012
Not my taste. Prolly I will drop soon.

The episode was carefully made. It was surprising at the end.
Jul 8, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2012
eminagnam said:
Not my taste. Prolly I will drop soon.

Have you watched the previous seasons?
Jul 8, 2013 10:49 AM
Aug 2012
They completely dropped all the other conquer targets and give hasty summaries for Yui and Tsukiyo.
Now non-manga readers will have to try to be invested in characters they know nothing about. Not to mention the murderous amount of compressing they'll have to do in order to fit this in 12 episodes.

I am so pissed off right now.
Jul 8, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
(Haven't watched it yet, where the hell do you guys find it? I know you can't say it here though XD)

Well, it doesn't matter, I read the manga, I'll thoroughly enjoy this. Hahahaha this is amazing, it's baaaaack!
Jul 8, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Oh...so that's how they'll do it?

Summarizing Yui and Tsukiyo? Well I was wondering how the hell they'll even remotely fit the arc even if it were rushed, it was impossible. But now I see...-_- Too bad though. Since I loved the Yui route :(

Well Apollo and Kanon this ep were done perfectly so can't really complain hehe.

Damn DAT CONFESSION WAS SO CUTE!!!!

AND THE ENDING WAS TENSE AS HELL!!

So finally shit gets real!

Let's get this started :D

Oh and Loved the OP esp the visuals :)
Barion-ZaraJul 8, 2013 12:19 PM
Jul 8, 2013 11:39 AM

Feb 2012
Finally the third season. I'm glad there will be a plot this time (even though I've read all the spoilers Lol...)

Gaming god returns!
Jul 8, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2012
Kind of a shame Manglobe was forced to gloss over all of the conquests between Jun and the Goddess arc, placing a little more emphasis on Tsukiyo and Yui. Realistically speaking though, I get it. the series isn't that popular in Japan (at least the anime). Its discs always sold modestly just enough to get by.

The committee probably just wanted to jump to the point that was the easily the high point of the series instead of waiting 3/4 years if they were able to recoup costs on those seasons in-between S2 and the Goddess arc which is highly unlikely considering how rare it is for late night anime to get 3rd and 4th seasons.

Not too mad though since I know what happened but kind of a screw you for people just watch the anime

What was really cool about the arc in the first place was it kind of brought things full circle for Keima because he had to deduce from the multitude of heroines he has saved over the series to see which had the goddesses within them.

I just wonder how jarring this will be for anime only viewers. Some people might not have even watched the Tenri OVAs
HybridMBLJul 8, 2013 12:03 PM
Jul 8, 2013 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
Honestly though they should have animated the previous conquests for the extra details, but I was fine with this set up. For people reading the manga they would be disappointed and I was too. However an adaptation from anything has to stand its ground for it to be good.

The episode felt rushed but it still established plot details.

Also for the one who...

From what I see, they could probably be removing characters so they can focus on the plot more.
Jul 8, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2008
why did they have to summarize it >.>

Mar 2011
Admittedly I'm surprised and a little disappointed that they had to skip so many arcs from the manga. However I actually find this to be rather reasonable because if they HAD covered every arc in the manga, we probably would have been looking at 2 or 3 more seasons (a.k.a. 3-4 more years at least) before we would have even gotten to the goddess arc, so I'm ok with the way Manglobe is handling this.

As for the episode itself, everything looked really smooth and nice and the opening was catchy and they started this new season off with a bang (Kanon joke not intended lol). I'm really hoping that the ending theme features all of the targets like in the past two seasons though because with all of these good seiyuus, that song will be AWESOME.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Oct 2010
;_ ; Welcome back KamiNomi, welcome back.
I'm not happy with the flashbacks, but I guess they can't adapt everything. 5/5

Mar 2012
That's my girl!

Jul 8, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
Made one of my favorite arcs into a recap...

Damn it episode limit...
They better put out some OVAs. Not seeing some of the best arcs adapted is suffering ;_;
These rushed arcs are like parodies of themselves.
Jul 8, 2013 11:55 AM

Feb 2013
That... was... AWESOME! KEIMA'S BACK EVERYONE!!!

That episode was jam packed with action and all, I love how they got back onto the storyline!! I think this season's going to be the best!! :D
Jul 8, 2013 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
I expected this to be a train wreck since it was planned as 1 cour but the way they decided to recap the missing conquests and jump into the goddess arc is incredibly smart, since they can always make ovas for it in the future if they want to, and if they did it the conventional way it would've taken like what?, 2-3 seasons?.
Jul 8, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2007
Oh man I been waiting for this and they delivered so well and that cliffhanger. Why!? Next week it can't come fast enough.
Jul 8, 2013 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
One of my favorite shows is back!! That was such a great episode! It seems like they skipped over some girls to get to where they are now. I'll probably pick up the manga soon and try and read those other arcs.

Kanon confession at the end was awesome!! Also excited to see Ayumi in the preview. Can't wait till next week. This will probably be the show I look most forward to each week
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 8, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
(Watched it, finally)

Anyway, wow, that's actually pretty good. Lune looks really intimidating in the anime.
Jul 8, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2008
What's going on with this 3 flashbacks at the beginning?
Did I missed something?
OVAs? Specials? Episodes?
Jul 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like we're jumping right into the nitty gritty of this arc.
Jul 8, 2013 12:12 PM
Oct 2012
I need to say this, but the preview worries me. It looks like they're gonna rush the next chapters in 1 episode.
LittleStar said:
Did I missed something?
You need to read the manga to understand those flashbacks. They skipped 8 girls.
Jul 8, 2013 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
Nooo, Kanon! Great start, been really looking forward to this one as well. Ugh, now a whole week waiting to see how Kanon ends up.

And that confession!
Jul 8, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
Dem skips.

NUUUU KANON ;__;

I'm enjoying this season far more than the previous two.
Jul 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
IT'S BAAACK!!!! >.<
My most anticipated series this season, and i just loved this first episode, though they did kinda get 'straight into it'. Though i can't blame them, some of those conquests really are good so yeah :/
BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER!! ITS ALL ABOUT KANON!!! Seeing apollo animated was awesome, and the ending was :'(
The OP is just as epic as the previous 2, KEEP THE GODESS'S COMING~
Jul 8, 2013 12:18 PM

Aug 2012
Im so glad this back been looking forward to this for a long while

Jul 8, 2013 12:21 PM

Apr 2011
Why skip?! :C
Anyways it was an alright start
Jul 8, 2013 12:22 PM
Aug 2011
So they skipped some arcs?
Here I am thinking, "I don't remember any of this from the past seasons. Does my memory suck that much that I completely forgot about that?"

Not gonna read the manga either. Whatever, guess i''ll just keep going on.
Jul 8, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2009
Yay, it's back!~ I've only managed to read up to chapter 60 of the manga, but I'm not too confused with those flashback summaries. Looks like it'll be an epic arc~ ^__^
Jul 8, 2013 12:24 PM

Jun 2011
as expected, its a recap but I was freaken smiling throughout. Some people might not like the change but I felt doing the other captures might drag out too long. This is going for the direction of the Tenri arc where its more fast paced and I thought it was a great idea because the main problem I found with the previous season is that they drag out for too long. Now the big question is if this is going to be a split season. There is a lot of content to cover and 12 episodes is not going to be enough.
Jul 8, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2010
It was a good episode, I'm still sad they didn't fully animate everyone's full capture QQ
Jul 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
Haven't read the manga. Saw the first 2 seasons about 8 months ago. It's a bit confusing in the beginning trying to remember everything that's happened.

It was pretty good.

This is the 4th anime to have a Ps Vita in it.

Haganai NEXT, Hataraku Maou-sama, and Oreimo S2 were the first 3.
Jul 8, 2013 12:31 PM
Oct 2011
I had the biggest smile all year on my face as I watched the opening scenes and the OP! THE RETURN OF THE DIVINE OTOSHIGAMI!! Katsuragi Keima has returned with his trusty PFP in hand and the always cheerful, always wonderful Elsie (although she'll be going "bye bye" in a bit)!
Such a great way to start the season off and as a reader of the manga, the flashbacks weren't really a big deal. Here's wishful thinking those missing arcs come up as OVAs or (even more wishful) a movie!
Judging from Lune's appearance, I'm assuming Fiore is replaced by her. Kind of a shame as that means a loss of a bit of comic relief but not a huge loss if the rest of the season continues to be this good! :D Cannot wait to see how they handle the final goddess!!
Jul 8, 2013 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
Whoo!
This gonna be good! *.*

XLNC said:
I need to say this, but the preview worries me. It looks like they're gonna rush the next chapters in 1 episode.
LittleStar said:
Did I missed something?
You need to read the manga to understand those flashbacks. They skipped 8 girls.

Oh, thanks!
What a pitty... I wish I could watch these arc... xD
Jul 8, 2013 12:38 PM

Feb 2010
Finally! I got to see more episodes. It's unfortunate to have had to skip 8 girls, but I like summarizing them with a flashback. At least that way we know a little of who they are. I really do hope to at least see an OVA of "those couple" in particular.

For those who have NOT read the manga or have only watched the anime, some big suggestions here.

Either watch EVERYTHING that has been putout for this series (including the Tenri OVA) or read the manga.
I repeat. If you have not watched The World God Only Knows I, The World God Only Knows II and the Tenri Arc and have not read the manga, you WILL be lost. They are continuous.
Though, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have already at least watched I and II, considering that this title has a III on it.

So, in summary:
Watch The World God Only Knows I and II (or read through them in the manga [Chapters 1-41)
Watch The Tenri Arc (or read Chapters 56-65)
Watch the Kanon OVA (or read Chapters 114-115)
Read everything else up until now (Chapters 42-55, 66-113)

This series does flashbacks from all of the above, specifically focusing on the conquests between 42-55 and 66-113. It is successful in its adaption I feel, but you will understand so much more by reading those.

Anyways, I loved the direction it took. I was wondering what way this would be animated with so much skipped. I wish glossing over had not been necessary, but I'm glad to see the Goddess Arc.

My only issue right now is the secrets of the them aren't very secret.
Jul 8, 2013 12:43 PM
Oct 2010
was yui and the other girls conquests animated? :think:

yui was my fav D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 8, 2013 12:45 PM

May 2013
Yes it's here!! Apollo admitting she's stupid lol.
Jul 8, 2013 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
I... I didn't like this episode at all. It felt really off.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 8, 2013 12:47 PM
Feb 2013
FANGASMED ALL OVER THE ROOM WHEN I SAW THIS EPISODE APPEAR!!! .....Just saying. I just gotta give Manglobe some props on making that big recap and explanation of before the Goddess arc. And that was a big twist in the end there. For all those anime viewers who didn't read the manga, Lune wasn't supposed to stab Kanon in the end, but was actually supposed to be a classmate of Haqua named Fiore. I don't know how Manglobe will take care of this arc, but I hope for this to end in maybe a cliffhanger for a 2nd part.
Jul 8, 2013 12:48 PM
Oct 2012
MaikShin said:
Watch the Kanon OVA (or read Chapters 114-115)

I'm pretty sure chapters 114 and 115 were animated in this episode. Did you mean chapters 54-55, or the spinoff OVA?
MaikShin said:
My only issue right now is the secrets of the them aren't very secret.
Haha, I realized that the OP title is too ironic.
Jul 8, 2013 12:49 PM

May 2011
Best OP of all the seasons. Love the direction they went with skipping the conquest arcs to get into the real meat of the manga.
Jul 8, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2012
I liked it. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Jul 8, 2013 1:00 PM
Oct 2011
Been waiting so long for this,
I hope the plot line will continue to be epic this season
Jul 8, 2013 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
Yahoo!!

It's here and they skip some plot conquering not like it matter much and they cover pretty much everything in the first half.
I'm been waiting for this for a long time and I'm so happy it's here.

Lune? First time I hear about that I thought it was another person.

They will cover Goddesses Arc so going to be all nice and finally Keima will move all seriously like he do right now in the manga.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 8, 2013 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
The return of the God of Conquest! Finally, I've been waiting for a long time.

The Vintage girl is different from the one in manga, i wonder how much will be changed now.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.