Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2010
Am I watching Pandora Hearts or Kuroshitsuji? Or an hybrid?
Anyway, the plot seems even interesting but, the execution is poor. So, I'm not that impressed. I will wait some more episodes though.

Oh, I like the OST. The OP and the ED were especially good.

parfaited said:
This is MAL the Internet and according to everyone there is yaoi everywhere, even if two guys so much as walk next to each other. :s

I can't stop hearing 8man whenever William is speaking. He's forever in my head.
Anyway, some scenes were kind of amusing.

Me too, I love the VA Eguchi Takuya.
Jul 8, 2013 6:47 AM
May 2012
That's some realist for you xD. Nice opening episode.
Jul 8, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2012
ok, more yaoi like than I thought. Don't sure if watching or dropping xD
Jul 8, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2004
I don't know if I am blind but I don't see this 'yaoi' that everyone is talking about. It's just fanservice. The way Kuroshitsuji and Karneval had fanservice. Goodness me, why does everyone need to exaggerate every time a Comic Zero-Sum manga gets an anime adaptation.
Jul 8, 2013 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
The first episode wasn't that bad. Need a second episode to decide if it's worth watching.
Jul 8, 2013 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
I liked Free! but I love this one much more!!
Guys (and girls), if you can't watch the Free! fanservice, don't even try this one ^__^!! Fangirl service from the very first second !!! (didn't even check the tag before ^o^ good surprise ^_-)

Probably (didn't read the manga yet) not a deep story, but a perfect fangirl service for this summer !

Good balance with all the moe/loli/ecchi/harem this season!
I wanted to buy Free!, but I will probably chose Makai Ouji (I want Hakkenden 1+2 also)

So this summer there are quite a lot of series aimed at least a little for girls: Free!, Makai Ouji, Genshiken Nidaime (if it don't change a lot after ep1), Hakkenden 2, Brother Conflict... A hot bishounen summer ! ^o^

Btw, there are some girls in the ending no? I don't seems to a all guys (like someone write)
amayihJul 8, 2013 9:49 AM
Jul 8, 2013 9:48 AM
Mar 2010
Baddie007 said:
Yaoi?????/Ewwww,I'm dropping this before I start to puke.

No need to go all 'ewwww' on yaoi. Just saying you don't like it is enough. No need to insult it. Thanks. -_-
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2009
Omfg Terashii sounds so cool as dantalion! Liked the first episode a lot more than I had expected!
Jul 8, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 2013
Crystal said:
I don't know if I am blind but I don't see this 'yaoi' that everyone is talking about. It's just fanservice. The way Kuroshitsuji and Karneval had fanservice. Goodness me, why does everyone need to exaggerate every time a Comic Zero-Sum manga gets an anime adaptation.

This.
Jul 8, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
yaoi vibe..... anyway good action at the end and a laughable comedy
Jul 8, 2013 11:15 AM

May 2013
Hmmm its good. it reminds me of karneval the drawings the powers and the characters
Jul 8, 2013 12:13 PM

Sep 2010
Khaledwx said:
yaoi vibe..... anyway good action at the end and a laughable comedy

Agree, abit yaoi but have nice action and it's funny

i will keep watching
Jul 8, 2013 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
Not bad episode, it seems to have quite a lot of comedy, which is good. I'm not a big fan of the character design and the MC's blushing face (his VA is great though, although it's a bit weird to hear Hikigaya). But I can put up with it.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 8, 2013 2:31 PM
Jul 2013
Omg just start this anime and already have feels for the characters which are very nicely designed but it feels like they've taken kuroshitsuji and karneval and then mashed them together to create this awesomeness but I am debating whether or if its a soft yaoi or not because at the begin you can't really say that wasn't yaoi in that moment alone ;)
Jul 8, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2011
There are no women in this anime.

Dropped.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 8, 2013 3:13 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Like many others, this reminded me of Karneval. I dropped Karneval after 2 episodes and probably will be doing the same here if it doesn't get any better. It wasn't terrible. Just Meh all around.
Jul 8, 2013 3:16 PM

Mar 2013
This is quite similar to Kuroshitsuji.
He was able to summon that demon because he was bleeding. Wow, coincidence :D
Jul 8, 2013 3:54 PM
Aug 2012
Seriously felt like I was watching Pandora Hearts Parody. Not kidding here. Art style, characters, themes, background, architecture EVERYTHING is same. We even have Oz/Gilbert and an Alice albeit male and Oz/William being dragged into wonderland... WTF??

Is this a rip-off or just a co-incidence. O.o The Devil is a transfer student now, so hopefully it will divulge from PH in the coming episodes.

I can also see how people are comparing it to Black Butler but I've read manga's even more similar to BB, like Undertaker Riddler, this doesn't seem that close by comparison.

Apart from the above shocker...It seems sillier/more fun than both PH and Black Butler;a fine time pass of an anime. One that won't leave much of an impression afterwards though.
KarshiJul 8, 2013 4:01 PM
Jul 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Apr 2010
Ah that shoe that was thrown...was priceless. I cracked. Really.

At the beginning it felt slightly like Kuroshitsuji...then it went all Pandora Hearts-ish.
I thought I would hate it but I ended up really liking the set up and all.

I also enjoyed this episode, it gave a good share of humor, alittle fanservice, and abit of fighting. Plus I'd love to see William's little...realist inside get crushed and confused by what's going on around him.

I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 8, 2013 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not satisfied with the animation and I'm not okay with some of the voices, especially William's, but this might serve as a good recap, I'm not watching many series atm anyway~ I liked neither OP nor ED particularly, but I did like the music that was used otherwise.

Zee530 said:

Dropped.

LOL
This is the time when you should check the characters beforehand...
Face_FaithJul 8, 2013 5:12 PM
Jul 8, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
Seemed gimmicky, but I'll give it a few more episodes. So tired of the school cliche.

Also what's with the immature yaoi hate on mal???
MEsoJDJul 8, 2013 8:30 PM
Jul 8, 2013 9:12 PM

Feb 2013
Let's see how many homophobes we can spot in this thread. I lost count.

What is this "yaoi" everyone is talking about? Are men having sex with eachother? Do you see that? God forbid 2 boys get within 15cm close to eachother and you're already spewing out homophobic slurs and dropping the anime because of it.

Anyways, great episode so far, great fights, loved William's character, he's so cute, reminds me of Huey from "Dantalian no Shoka", and if there's any hint of BL/Yaoi/Shounen-Ai/sexy boys all around, even more reason for me to stick with it.

MEsoJD said:
Also what's with the immature yaoi hate on mal???

Seriously. But what would you expect from a forum filled with anime nerds? Grow up, guys.
Jul 8, 2013 11:56 PM

May 2009
And people whined about Free having a lot of yaoi moments. This show started with the two guys practically kissing, yet I don't see a massive shitstorm about that.

First episode wasn't all that impressive, IMO. The comedy and action was fine, but I'm not sure if I'll stick around for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2013 1:31 AM

Nov 2010
I saw this and dropped it :

Jul 9, 2013 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
I actually liked this episode i was a bit worried but now im not i will see how it continues on though cant wait till next week to see the next ep.
Jul 9, 2013 4:32 AM

Nov 2012
its my first time, I watching shoujo anime -_-
the beginning is like what de fak mannn?! wait a minute is it a fucking shoujo anime -_- damn I'm right!"
well actually I dont really hate it... well the story is interesting.. but if in the next episode I dont see any 2D girl in this anime.. probably will drop it :/
Jul 9, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2007
makarov52 said:
its my first time, I watching shoujo anime -_-

Because everyone knows that Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte ii na yo, Hotarubi no Mori e, Amnesia are shounen anime... (Red Date Girl also is considered as a shoujo, even without the tag) well and Free! don't have the tag neither but was made for girls, so it made it a shoujo as well!!

makarov52 said:
the beginning is like what de fak mannn?! wait a minute is it a fucking shoujo anime -_- damn I'm right!"
well actually I dont really hate it... well the story is interesting.. but if in the next episode I dont see any 2D girl in this anime.. probably will drop it :/

So for you the fact that there are no girl is more important than a interesting story... I think there are girls in the ending but well, you should go back watching your harem/loli/moe/ecchi/all girls anime, the story will maybe don't be interesting, but it's not important for you since you will be able to watch 2D girls ^o^
Jul 9, 2013 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
I'm not expecting so much about this anime, but it was really funny
I guess I'll give a chance for this show

Fanservice? I want more!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jul 9, 2013 2:54 PM
Mar 2012
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
scnr

Reminds me of Pandora Hearts and Black Butler and all that. Might be good though. I quite liked the sound design.

I loved the bats. So cute!
Jul 9, 2013 3:03 PM
Mar 2012
MEsoJDAlso what's with the immature yaoi hate on mal???[/quote said:
I second this!
It feels like I walked into a Tea Party forum or something.

Zee530 said:
Dropped.

I wonder, would anyone drop an anime because there are no guys?
...Oh wait, yes. I probably would. (But just because female characters in anime are shit most of the time.)
Ok, argument accepted.
Jul 9, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
Can't stop think of Kuroshitsuji as I watched this.Nice OST also.Might drop this next week.
Jul 9, 2013 6:38 PM
Jul 2018

I'm loving Dantalion. :3
I just hoped it will not turn yaoish.
Jul 9, 2013 11:35 PM
Mar 2010
makarov52 said:
but if in the next episode I dont see any 2D girl in this anime.. probably will drop it :/[/color]

That's like me dropping OreGairu or Gargantia because there are no hot 2D guys. Lol.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 10, 2013 2:13 AM

Sep 2009
wow. this is cool ;)
this reminds me of Karneval & Kuroshitsuji XD
Jul 10, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
whoa, that was a lot of information for just one episode. usually i watch anime while doing something else, but i really had to focus, so i wouldn't miss anything. maybe it was even too rushed? well, not sure about that, but a lot was happening, definitely.
all in all a nice first episode. i liked the humor, the battles were okay and it was great to see the mc interrupting the two fighting nephilims, just because he wants to have his money asap :D i agree with people who think it has an kuroshitsuji/karneval vibe.
Jul 10, 2013 10:32 AM

Jun 2011
Great OP

Agree on the Kuroshitsuji feel.

So Gilas turned into a demon after he was killed and got mad at Dantalion for insulting Jeanne.

Still dont get the role of the Ruler though. The Goat said that the more powerful a demon is, the longer it'll sleep. So... has he been sleeping this whole time or did he just slept after becoming Ruler? If he has been sleeping this whole time so how did he become the Ruler? If he only fell asleep after becoming Ruler, then why does the rest of the demons want to be Ruler then? Doesnt that mean they'll go into a sleep?
Jul 10, 2013 10:51 AM
May 2012
Whew, i instantly remembered Hikigaya when i heard William speaking as the anime started (same VA).

Going on to the story, a good introduction but i was kinda bored. But i'll never know, i felt the same way for Karneval and then it gotten a bit better in the end, so I'm keeping my faith on this one and continue on with the story.
Jul 10, 2013 7:16 PM

May 2008
Since I enjoy the manga, I decided to watch the first episode, but seeing as how it only has 12 episodes and the manga isn't even finished yet, I'm not planning on watching more, in case it makes up some ending of their own for the anime. If it doesn't have an ending, and another season is planned, then I might watch the rest. Also, I don't recall the small "hints" that were dropped to even suggest a romantic relationship between two male characters being in the manga, though considering most was due to blushing, and the manga not being colored, it could be it was not so obvious. If it goes on a path similar to Monochrome Factor's anime, even if a sequel is made, I'm not going to watch it since I don't read the manga for such scenes, but for everything it does have present in it.

And for those worried about it turning yaoi, or even shounen-ai, if it follows the manga faithfully in that regard there isn't any such relationships; the worst you should see is cross-dressing (I don't think that counts as a spoiler).

For those a little confused on the sleeping aspect and the need of a ruler, to sum it up the current, permanent ruler has fallen asleep due to necessity, and until he wakes up again a temporary ruler is needed to run things in his place till he wakes up again. Whoever becomes the temporary ruler will for a time have the highest position, a lot of power, and it will look good upon the faction they belong to. Every demon at some point or another will have to sleep, so they don't disappear, but the strongest sleep the longest we can assume due to all the energy they need to be at full power again.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Jul 11, 2013 7:38 PM
Jul 2008
Ngl but it looks like a poor man's version of Kuroshitsuji. :/
Jul 12, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2013
OP was nice.
And it's like Kuroshitsuji, well just waiting for more action ^^
Jul 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Dec 2011
So far so good, but I can't help but get the feeling that this episode was the best part of the series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 12, 2013 11:43 AM

May 2013
Before everything... William X Dantalion!!

The ED and the OP were alright.

So, William Twining, a realist who's related to Solomon, summons Dantalion, a devil who wants to rule over Hell.

Other characters are Kevin Cecil and Goat-man, butlers of William and Dantalion respectively. There's also Isaac Morton. And Gilles da Rais, an interesting character.

I'll continue on.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Feb 2010
Anything with a Kuroshitsuji feel...I shall watch! Ciel approves of this.
The main character really reminds me of Oz from Pandora Hearts at first glance.

Will definitely be watching. Like, right now.
Jul 12, 2013 12:43 PM

Apr 2010
Not a bad first episode...looking forward to how this will continue.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Jul 12, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
Hm... Not really my cup of tea... Though the end made me want to know what's next...
Dunno if I'll stick with it though.
Jul 12, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
I was expecting to be bored of this, but i actually like it.
Yeah, it reminded me of Black Butler (as soon as that purple guy came up i was like "Grell!!") but i don't really care since i liked that Anime too.

I like Isaac. He reminds me of England from Hetalia with those eyebrows and occult beliefs.
Jul 13, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2011
Ignoring the first scene, the rest of the episode was interesting.
Jul 13, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
Well, I liked it. Gonna continue in following this~

Jul 14, 2013 11:36 AM
Jun 2013
Felt really rushed. Hope they can slow it down a little next episode.
Jul 15, 2013 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
Not a bad start, I'm glad something actually happened in the first episode. The action was pretty cool, and I like the characters and character design.
I laughed when the goat was being throttled by William ^^
So this is above average for now, so it's not bad ^^
I also liked the OP and ED songs.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2013

93 by Dawizz »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:01 AM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2013

35 by Hieru-chan »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

31 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:16 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

247Eyes - Jul 14, 2013

73 by Yysamag008 »»
Aug 19, 2022 8:31 AM

» How faithful an adaptation is this?

MacabreMech - Dec 31, 2021

3 by Animefangirl152 »»
Jan 3, 2022 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.