Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2007 10:57 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode, no real answers but an interesting battle. The towers were destroyed and all the firepower of the army was useless as well. And finally that Dung Beetle is history, even though I wouldn't have thought he could die from something like bullets.

I am clueless this time about the enemy mecha design though =/ .

I probably forgot to mention a few things, too ^^.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2007 12:25 PM

Oct 2006
Yeah, good episode but no answers.... -.-
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Zearth losing just so those governmental bastards where sent to hell... but then all the sacrifices would be meaningless...
And speaking of Hell. Dung Beetle got a one-way ticket there. Good riddance I say!
Well... let's see how this ends, though I'm not expecting much.
Oct 19, 2007 5:55 PM

Jul 2007
YES! KOEMUSHI FINALLY DIES IN THIS EPISODE!

I was satisfied with this.
Oct 19, 2007 10:13 PM
Jun 2007
Twilight_Elk said:
YES! KOEMUSHI FINALLY DIES IN THIS EPISODE!

I was satisfied with this.

QFT. that alone made the episode great.
Oct 20, 2007 2:22 AM

Apr 2007
Lol, agreed.

Only 1 ep left!.... Well, off to the last one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2007 8:51 AM

Apr 2007
Good riddance Dung Beetle! Machi proved to be vital in finally shutting him up for good. Too bad she couldn't have done it earlier.

When the original Dung Beetle showed up I was thinking he'd take over right then and there. The pilots having total control over Zearth just seems too little too late at this point in the game.

One quote really struck out for me because of how incredibly hollow it felt. When one of the adults came out and said, "It looks like the children were thinking on behalf of Earth far more than we were. I wish I could have given them something in return for their feelings." And then they immediately commence with the carpet bombing -_-. The people orchestrating the Earth's attacks with only regards to the technology and none for the kids are just as evil as the masterminds behind everything. I wonder if they'll get away free after all is said and done.

There's only one episode left and there are still a lot of loose ends. I'm hoping they'll be able to fill in the gaps.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Apr 19, 2008 3:08 AM

Apr 2007
Awww, only one episode left :( Great penultimate episode though, figured Dung Beetle's death was going to be saved for the finale, but I guess seeing him get filled with lead now is just as good.

Going to miss the sadistic bastard though.
Aug 22, 2008 5:15 PM
Oct 2007
Last ep left huh... Dung beetle got pwned which was nice, I laughed and repeated the scene a few times just to cherish the moment.. But if he appears again in the last ep, i'll prolly be pissed off or something but meh prolly not..

Aight, ep 24 then..
Sep 6, 2008 10:19 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, the conference at the beginning had me all pissed off with all of the bullshit that the Government officials were spouting, especially since you know that their plan will fail. I'm kind of going to miss Dung Beetles sarcastic and sadistic remarks but he really got what was coming for him. It also seems that just about everyone's least favorite character (at least in the beginning) is the one who's going to be the last pilot, probably because he had the most to grow. Well, onward to the final episode.

#NBHNC
Apr 16, 2009 5:08 AM

Mar 2008
Dung Beetle was my favorite. :(
Aug 10, 2009 1:03 AM

Oct 2008
This has to be one of the most satisfying and fulfilling episodes for me. Dung Beetle ate 8 shots. He really had it coming to him for a long, long time. At first I was intrigued by him, but grew to hate him more and more over the course of the series. I watched that scene multiple times, again and again. Ahh, it just feels so good to see Dung Beetle meet his end.
Jul 31, 2010 11:30 AM
Jul 2010
(Don't) rest in peace, Dung Beetle~~
Sep 8, 2010 6:31 PM

Jan 2010
Not quite sure why, but I'm feeling an unsatisfying ending coming up...guess I'll have to watch it and see.
Jan 29, 2011 6:43 PM

Mar 2009
Damn, the changes made really suck. The manga's definitely way better but anyway, on to the last ep
Mar 23, 2011 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
Dung Beetle died, am so sad. Ok no not really, good riddance.
And all that big words and technology and he wasn't even bulletproof? Lol. Talking about being pathetic. He was made out cheap plastic maybe.
I do get the feeling he could have got away with it though if he didn't hesitate because it was his sister shooting that was with him all this time.

But he really beat the dust just when we found a new guy to hate even more than him. That damn business old man. That guy must have the brain of an ant. Does he really think he will outsmart someone who has the ability to erase a whole or built such mobile suits?
It's like the cave men trying to built a better computer than us, how stupid is he?
And the worst he actually even tried to kill the mobile suit that was protecting the earth. News flash idiot. All the power in the world won't help you when you are already dead!!!!! Stupid asshole.
I really want that guy to die in the last episode.
Oct 31, 2011 9:32 AM

Apr 2011
Yes, Dung Beetle is dead! I don't know if I've ever cheered so hard for a villain's death. Even though I'm a softie and couldn't help a tiny drop of sympathy as he begged for his life. Life is life, after all, even if it's a disgusting worm of a human who'd rather torture people as a floating puppet than face his own mortality. Striking back against the Masterminds may still be impossible, but the more tangible villain is dead at least.

That was an awesome battle, with the two mechas going toe-to-toe in the heart of a fireball. I do kinda wish it'd been a bit more animated, though ... most of it was just the two robots ponderously swinging at each other. I guess the animation budget's running a bit low this late in the series, and CGI was pretty expensive back then.

Jun really has turned out to be one of my favorites in this show, and I'm glad he's the one to finish out the fights (though if I were him I probably would've let the military guy take my spot so I could take care of Kana-chan... of course I probably wouldn't beat her like he does either). I wonder how it's all going to end? This has been a hell of ride, I hope it's an end that's worth the 10/10 it's got right now ...
Apr 4, 2012 5:45 AM

Jul 2011
Oh god i'm so happy when i saw machi killed him!!!!! beautiful.. i think the scene in Madoka Magica, when Homura killed Kyuube and then the other Kyuube came, inspired from bokurano..

And Machi finally went back the her 'earth' just to die there makes me sad......... :'(
Apr 20, 2012 8:13 PM
Mar 2012
For some reason, I just can't help feeling bad for the little guy getting taken out by his own sister. Oh well. As has been said, he had it coming.

I don't see how the last episode is going to wrap this all up. So many questions...

Epic fight scene.

4/5
May 2, 2013 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode. This is failing to get me to cry.
Jun 12, 2013 11:48 PM

Jun 2012
Somehow, this just doesn't seem right. I can definitely sense the departure from the manga. I guess I"ll have to read it, because this series is really starting to disappoint me.

Watching Dung Beetle get killed was satisfying. They did a good job with that scene, the way they did it just felt right.

Other than that, its all getting pretty lame in my opinion. It's not even exciting.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 18, 2013 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
I loved the episode. I felt nostalgia at the end... when Machi dies, alone in the snow...
Mar 4, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2012
Great episode, but man I really wonder what the last episode will offer us, I sure hope they'll go with a bang!
Jun 9, 2014 11:55 PM
Oct 2013
As evil as Dung Beetle was could have accepted that he survived but trying to pull Kana into a contract was the last straw for me. Glad Machi took him down and took Kana's place. Sigh I hope the last episode ties up all the loose ends. If it does, this series will definitely be a 10 for me
Jan 31, 2015 4:10 PM

Dec 2014
TokyoCrazyPXD said:
As evil as Dung Beetle was could have accepted that he survived but trying to pull Kana into a contract was the last straw for me. Glad Machi took him down and took Kana's place. Sigh I hope the last episode ties up all the loose ends. If it does, this series will definitely be a 10 for me

Same here for me. It has a great plot, but it had several problems all the way: weak characters storys, weak animation, weak OST, mysterys unsolved... Its like Lost: a great story that lost is way in the process

So lets see if they can save it in the final ep... not expecting much.... but I'll let u know
Love... hurts... so...
May 8, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2016
Okay episode, super sad ending though. This whole show is sad though I guess.
Apr 1, 2017 6:42 PM
Jan 2012
Machi was one of my favorites and she had a fantastic ending. She get extra points for killing her stupid brother.
Oct 2, 2018 6:50 AM

Nov 2013
rip Dung Beetle; you were my favorite you sadistic bastard ; _ ;

Jun 17, 2020 8:06 PM

Mar 2016
I won't miss this son of a bitch, although he was good at his job.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 16, 2021 9:11 PM
Jan 2016
Thank you Queen Machi for killing that douche Dung Beetle!
Feb 2, 2021 7:27 AM
Feb 2016
Talk about a underwhelming demise to dung beetle. Was expecting this to much a much harder fight. Wondering why the army never tried to kill him.
Oct 11, 2021 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
??? in my opinion, i'd let seki take my place. i mean, you have a younger sister who screamed that she didn't want you to die and now you're going to leave her alone? plus being just a kid while seki has already lived out somewhat more a life... he's barely relevant, are you telling me this random military dude is going to survive at the end with kana? LOL
Sep 1, 2022 9:08 PM

Oct 2019
the puppeteers are greedy af. We xan def see how the masterminds somehow came alomg with the way these greedy bastards have been.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 13, 2023 3:59 AM
Aug 2017
this series is Gantz meets Evangelion
Aug 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Dec 2022
What the hell. This traitor slut killed Koyemshi? How disappointing. I was hoping he'd live to the last episode.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 16 Discussion

tainteddonut - Sep 9, 2007

33 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 18, 2007

121 by Db_kamal »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:51 AM

» Bokurano Director Dislikes The Manga

tainteddonut - Jun 14, 2007

10 by trampler8324 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2007

28 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 19 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2007

33 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.