Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2009
Electromaster said:

Anyway, at the episode, what was up with this:

Firstly there was a few seconds of close up still of a titan, then a still of her, and then suddnely smoke/dust. I mean, I figured what happened, but that was the most shabbily shown kill ever.

Time/budget/staff issues i guess, there were a lot of places throughout the episode where they used both slow-mos and repeated shots probably 'cause they haven't had time to animate all. Bluray will surely fix that part and all the others i guess x)
Jun 29, 2013 7:57 PM

Dec 2011
YEEEEAHHHHH!!!!!!! GO EREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Omg Levi. Levi appeared. Omg I love you Levi omggggggggggggg

XD
Jun 29, 2013 7:58 PM

Feb 2012
Woo as much as I liked it I'm glad this arc is finally over.
Jun 29, 2013 8:00 PM

Jul 2010
I find it odd that no one has posted this kawaii motherfucker yet.
Jun 29, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2011
SephirothIsHere said:
Electromaster said:

Firstly there was a few seconds of close up still of a titan, then a still of her, and then suddnely smoke/dust. I mean, I figured what happened, but that was the most shabbily shown kill ever.

Time/budget/staff issues i guess, there were a lot of places throughout the episode where they used both slow-mos and repeated shots probably 'cause they haven't had time to animate all. Bluray will surely fix that part and all the others i guess x)
Hopefully some of the stills, especially in the execution of Armin's plan ep, god, those were atrocious
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 29, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
DoctorDoom said:
Woo as much as I liked it I'm glad this arc is finally over.

Definitely, and I'm very excited to see what the second half of the anime will be about.
Jun 29, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2011
Electromaster said:
GodlyKyon said:
I suppose so, though I haven't really seen it being as relevant in Western Media. Though Sherlock is really a good show, with or without "bishounen"(by the way, you are misusing this word), similarly with Shingeki no Kyojin, marketable as well as an artistic piece.

Oh yeah, the 2 kills with the Titan were terrible

Try knowing a few more fujoshi IRL. Especially tumblr ones. :D
Or don't. It'd be better for your sanity.

Oh I'm not saying anything about Sherlock per se, just that too much of its fanbase is derived from raging fujoshi caring less about the actual show and more about yaoi fanfic of it. My misuse of "bishounen" was on purpose, mainly because a lot of said fujoshi misuse it.

As for Shingeki, meh, it still has to prove that it's any better from SAO. Not being a retarded harem certainly helps, but it nevertheless remains a shock value reliant shounen with quite shallow characters.
Pretty tho.

Hmm, I know there were a lot of Feminists on Tumblr, didn't know Fujoshis also

You will see, IMO, it has already shown it self to be better than 98% of the Anime out there, more so in the manga
Jun 29, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
What's up with this?

it looks like I'm watching an incomplete version of the episode. Does anyone also saw this in the episode? At 10:53
Jun 29, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2012
Best episode animated so far, Finally Wall rose is reconquered
the animation was well made and much focus on the character’s design, the scene of Eren walking with the boulder towards the wall and everyone dramatically fighting (with the gorgeous OST) = Epic
Levi entrance at that scene was way too fascinating, and he even got more screen time
but really Levi is one big ultrafaggot but a real badass .

Jean's escape and rescue scene was nice, too much casualties were in this episode
but really most shocking scene was Jean finding Marco’s dead body totally unexpected scene.
Sasha with the disgusting thrown up human-food was somehow funny.
At any rate things are going to get even more awesome as Eren is accepted in the Recon corps.
but next episode 13.5 is a recap. So two weeks wait for a new episode :l
marshallooJun 30, 2013 7:18 AM
Jun 29, 2013 8:07 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode, but a fucking recap next week?! :(
Jun 29, 2013 8:07 PM

May 2009
Josephvb10 said:
What's up with this?

it looks like I'm watching an incomplete version of the episode. Does anyone also saw this in the episode? At 10:53

Yep, that and a lot more :p
Jun 29, 2013 8:10 PM

Jul 2010
I think they did a great job wrapping up this arc; awesome episode. Yeah, nobody likes the stills, etc. etc, but. I still thoroughly enjoyed everything. Can't wait for the next half of the season! (The last scene with Eren answering Irvin's question with his intense-as-fuck glare, and Levi's realization that the kid isn't such a pussy -- Loved it!)
Jun 29, 2013 8:14 PM

Sep 2012
FUCKING FINALLY!

Episodes 10-12 had a sluggish disgusting pacing, 13 saved the show. But the recap in the next episode is gonna ruin it again.
Jun 29, 2013 8:14 PM

Apr 2013
Electromaster said:

yup thats my only complaint for this episode.. so random and unnecessary.
Jun 29, 2013 8:16 PM
May 2013
SephirothIsHere said:
Electromaster said:

Who cares? More Annie close-ups are always welcomed.
Jun 29, 2013 8:16 PM

Aug 2011
Godtier episode. The episode started with a fairly long recap of what that's been going on in the last few episodes prior to this epic finale for the arc, and then it moves on the next arc exciting arc. The quality of the animation was pretty much top notch at this episode, but there were times I was left clueless on what was going on as some scenes just shifted pretty quick, like the one where Annie has her close up to her face and some frames later we see them just getting back on top of the wall. Not sure if something was cut out from there or not, but it wasn't much of a big deal cause the episode overall was epic as hell.

The Jean filler scenes were something I enjoy that the WIT studio added to the show, the character development to Jean is something I really enjoyed reading the manga and I love how he is getting some major screen time in the anime compared to what he had in the manga, though he has his moments. Great character.

Ah the epic scenes of Eren moving the boulder on top of his head followed by sad scenes of the Elite soldiers die for one single cause and that is to protect Eren from all the Titans. To see Ian die protecting his follow soldier and right in front of our eyes he dies a honorable death. Wish we could have seen more of him, but now is the time for the famous ReconScouting Legion! Ah Erwin, Levi and Hanji is going to make the next arc so enjoyable and epic. can't wait!

I'm hoping they will pick up the pace the coming arc if they want to conclude the next one as well along with something anime fillers here and there, and I somewhat wanna avoid the slow pace like the last two episodes in a degree as well even though the animation and the OST has made up for it regardless. The OST in this episode with Track #15 "Call Your Name" fit really well with the episode.

Death of Marco and Annie's apologizing to the people who died during the mission was as expected really well adapted. This is just the beginning for these people.

Finally we get to see more Levi action, and the cell scene just shows what kinda person he really is and gotta say that he is something else, but he knows his priorities. Also the his entrance scene this episode where he kills off two titans before Eren was just beautiful, and it couldn't have been better. Epic stuff right there!

Now for a tiny break for SnK with a recap that is 13,5. Not a big fan of recaps, but I guess the OST and the animation will somewhat make up for it I guess.

Jun 29, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2010
This show is beginning to give me filler fatigue. First time I've experienced that in so few episodes. Very surprising. Equally disappointing.
Jun 29, 2013 8:18 PM

May 2009
JaegerTheMan said:
Who cares? More Annie close-ups are always welcomed.

Well, we would still prefer to watch her do her magic :p
Jun 29, 2013 8:19 PM
May 2013
I can't help but wonder, why do they make recaps? It's obviously not for us, but it's not for newcomers too. If anyone's new to the series, they would start from episode 1.
Jun 29, 2013 8:23 PM

Sep 2011
SephirothIsHere said:
Josephvb10 said:
What's up with this?

Yep, that and a lot more :p

Whaaatever, things like those are definitely gonna get fixed in the BD
Jun 29, 2013 8:30 PM
Oct 2007
IG probably hitting the wall, with this Gargantia and Arise all going on. They need some recap episodes. Not to mention the first 3 1/2 minutes of this epsidoe was recap from just the last couple of episodes
Jun 29, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2011
there was NOTICABLE mistakes!! purple cubes, off screens and lag shoots here and there..
the best scene was Eren(titan) carrying the huge rock..
Ian pulled the eren we know from ep.5 and died :(
MARCO.. holy shit they show us that!
the titan's vomit meh.. in the manga it was much more horrifying
3/5 for me, for the first time.
Jun 29, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
Despite the various animation errors throughout this episode, I thought the rock carrying scene more than made up for it. Dat insert song.

Also anyone find it funny how easy it is to switch places with someone who's about to get eaten by a titan. First Eren and Armin, then the elite captain. If it was that easy to switch places, why don't they trade places with an inflatable doll. Yeah, I know, I'm nitpicking.

Really loving this series. Definitely best Anime this season.

Also, maybe it's just me, but Rico is hot, especially her eye gouging scene.
option-ivJun 29, 2013 8:54 PM
Jun 29, 2013 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
Also....I hope people enjoyed the OP because that's the last time you'll hear it while watching a new episode.

:(
Jun 29, 2013 8:53 PM

Feb 2013
levi's a badass...glad operation went well
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jun 29, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
JustALEX said:
Also....I hope people enjoyed the OP because that's the last time you'll hear it while watching a new episode.

Unfortunately true, I'm gonna miss it. I hope the next OP is better than the preview of it.
Jun 29, 2013 8:56 PM

Aug 2012
JustALEX said:

Nooooo gonna miss the epic opening that gets me hyped up :(
Jun 29, 2013 8:57 PM

Jun 2012
kuuurt said:
AT LAST, THE FUCKING ROCK WAS MOVED. Time to move on. 4/5 episode. What's the title of the song, btw?

Jun 29, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
This episode is so awesome and I didn't expect that the ost will be this amazing, i can't get over with it
Jun 29, 2013 9:03 PM

Jun 2013
4/5 for me. Levi's badass.
Jun 29, 2013 9:05 PM

May 2012
why is this anime so fucking epic?
lol, that was freaking epic, eren sealin the hole like a boss then the survey corps showin up and going beast mode on those titans. EPIC.
Jun 29, 2013 9:07 PM
May 2013
Kurogashi said:
still dont know why ppl like levi or jean, especially jean.
the episode fizzled out after levi arrived.
go ask Isayama, Jean's his favorite.
Jun 29, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
WOOHOO!!! Rock in place :D. Next episode is gonna be a recap though, which kinda sucks.
Anyone know what the title of the track that plays when they first show Eren with the rock?
Jun 29, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
Finally more Levi action, scenes and Eren finally moving the rock like a BOSS!
Jun 29, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
newFlavor said:
Kurogashi said:
still dont know why ppl like levi or jean, especially jean.
the episode fizzled out after levi arrived.
go ask Isayama, Jean's his favorite.

Jean is just like me, he is also realistic
Jun 29, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
Some good action this episode though the next one will be another recap apparently. Oh well you have to take the good with the bad. Eren and Mikasa were awesome as usual.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 29, 2013 9:37 PM

Apr 2010
Hamelin said:
WOOHOO!!! Rock in place :D. Next episode is gonna be a recap though, which kinda sucks.
Anyone know what the title of the track that plays when they first show Eren with the rock?

Jun 29, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
Ian and Marco ;( Finally the pace picked up in this episode >.< That ost T_T Dem feels ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2013 9:42 PM
Oct 2008
... So a Recap Ep next Week... Lame

On a Side Note great Ep the events in the beginning had a weird flow to them but other than that t'was all good
Jun 29, 2013 9:58 PM
Apr 2013
Pipoko said:
Darklight0303 said:
Now to wait for the score to start going up again since this ep had it all including Levi

Who gives a crap? It could be rated 5.0 or whatever and I'd still watch it because it's a series I like.

you are amazing :3 same who cares
Jun 29, 2013 10:00 PM
Apr 2013
Amarrez said:
SHINGEKI IS BAAAAAAAAAAACK
amen chica
Jun 29, 2013 10:02 PM

May 2013
So many dead can barely be called a victory , the pacing of the episode and music were great.
Jun 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
niaxato said:
Good episode. Lots dead, but Eren pulled through and plugged the hole, then promptly got thrown in the dungeon for his troubles. lol. Levi is badass to be sure, but he seems like a douchebag. Can't stand that tone of voice of his. Hopefully he will get better.

This.

Jun 29, 2013 10:05 PM
Apr 2013
OMG I love you Levi and hot titan Eren Form

In My book this is the best episode ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gawsh Eren and levy !! <3gahh

Erens Titan form is hot and attractive ! I can't help myself .Too exciting <3 kyaa !Lev,i Jean, Mikasa.
MyFacetooJun 29, 2013 10:09 PM
Jun 29, 2013 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
The animation was epiccc, but last week's recap took a lot of time and cut some times.
Levi is back, my ovaries.

I use to have a life until anime cames to my life[s/]
Jun 29, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
Back to greatness. Mostly
Jun 29, 2013 10:26 PM
Mar 2011
I fucking knew it :3, the budget of the last slow episodes was being saved up for this one ep to be frigin' amazing (lol). Attack on Titan is a complete win and yet, doubters will always doubt ;) This show can't stop being great. Go Eren!!!
Jun 29, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
Amazing episode as always. Sure there is a recap next episode but the episode after that will have a new OP!
[center]
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.