Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
aha eren went berserk... lol for mikasa blushing

Jun 22, 2013 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
Why the hell they have to show such a long recap at the start and in every Episode, when they do a total recap in Ep. 14?
I mean it's not like that the show has much to think about and remember...
Jun 22, 2013 10:46 PM

Aug 2012
Eren going super saiyan/powering up at the end hmmm...
Jun 22, 2013 10:54 PM
Jun 2013
I feel like there has been nothing going on for the past two episodes,..
Jun 22, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2012
TheSecondBlue said:
I feel like there has been nothing going on for the past two episodes,..

SO MUCH BUILD-UP. It'll pay off.
Jun 22, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
The real filler is the TWO FULL MINUTES of Recap.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
The next one better be good...

My family and I marathoned the previous episodes so the pace wasn't that big of an issue, but having had a pause between 11 and 12, the fact the story was dragging on its heels was painfully obvious. We were left with a general impression of "that's it?" when the episode ended.

I hope after that recap episode for episode 14, whatever internal problems they are having is resolved and they come back with full force for a hopefully satisfying second half.
Jun 22, 2013 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
CookieBun said:

My family and I marathoned the previous episodes so the pace wasn't that big of an issue, but having had a pause between 11 and 12, the fact the story was dragging on its heels was painfully obvious. We were left with a general impression of "that's it?" when the episode ended.

I hope after that recap episode for episode 14, whatever internal problems they are having is resolved and they come back with full force for a hopefully satisfying second half.
And if it isn't? I'm just asking.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 22, 2013 11:53 PM

Nov 2007
Cabron said:
CookieBun said:

Then it'd be very disappointing. :( I really liked this show up till now, that would be a shame. I will just go read the manga though I dunno what my parents' reaction would be. They're not avid anime watchers so I have no clue what they would do. Probably continue watching but less entertained..?
Jun 22, 2013 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
People, it's called suspense building. What, so you want Eren to transform into a Titan and block the gate and be done with the arc? You realize how boring that would be?

No, the pace is fine for the most part.
Jun 22, 2013 11:57 PM

Sep 2011
CookieBun said:
Cabron said:
CookieBun said:

Then it'd be very disappointing. :( I really liked this show up till now, that would be a shame. I will just go read the manga though I dunno what my parents' reaction would be. They're not avid anime watchers so I have no clue what they would do. Probably continue watching but less entertained..?

Your parents watch anime with you?? Mine just dismiss them as children's cartoons -.-
Jun 23, 2013 12:02 AM

Nov 2007
Alfonse said:
People, it's called suspense building. What, so you want Eren to transform into a Titan and block the gate and be done with the arc? You realize how boring that would be?

No, the pace is fine for the most part.

It's just that it was painfully obvious they were buying time by repeating the same things over and over again. It's something that's a lot more forgiving when watched episode after episode, but when it's one episode a week, it's disappointing to have gotten so little.
I'd just wait for it to end before watching again if it was any other show, but since I'm watching with other people, I will be experiencing the story as it goes on a weekly basis.

Alfonse said:
Your parents watch anime with you?? Mine just dismiss them as children's cartoons -.-

Haha well my mom has watched several anime (Death Note, Full Metal Panic Fumuffu, and Twelve Kingdoms) but this is my dad's first show. I guess he just really liked the premise. Maybe part of it is the military aspect of it since as a Korean man he had mandatory service long ago.
CookieBunJun 23, 2013 12:09 AM
Jun 23, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2013
Okay, what I liked most with this episode was definitely Mikasa's blush :)
However, the pace is so slow now. The only noteworthy thing happens at the very end and it has been like this for the few last episodes. Almost half the season has passed and they're still at the Battle of Trost.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jun 23, 2013 12:11 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
The real filler is the TWO FULL MINUTES of Recap.

gotta agree with this, why they even do that ?? it's like we don't remember what the previous episode is about.....
or are they trying as possible as they can to not make anime original ending ? because of the limited manga source ?
I'm okay if it's just in early episode, but almost half of the season, *sigh*
Jun 23, 2013 12:54 AM

Nov 2012
DAMN! XD I love this episode so much lol XD
it is just so cool :3

so eren is halucinating? hmm...
armin is really brave in this episode :3

yey yeah mikasa is blushing in this episode XDD just by "koibito" word XDD

btw the soundtrack is so fucking awesome! XD damn I love it so much.. make me PUMP! XDD yey I'M PUMPED! XD
Jun 23, 2013 1:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think the pace is fine. Battles normally last weeks if not months and it gives a real sense of building up the tension. They clearly like to combine the drama with the action. And it was nice to have action focus on the others a bit (Jean, Annie).

Also as far as I understand, the manga is far from over (have not read it myself, will do when this series is over), and it makes sense for them to take things slow. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if with the success of SNK we get a second season.

Mikasa: Dat Blush. Just adorable.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode, but too slow
Jun 23, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2012
Pathetic show so far. The first few episodes were amazing compared to cliche drag-on soap opera it is now.
Jun 23, 2013 1:38 AM

May 2013
mixordia said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
dat Mikasa blush. kawaiiii <3

Ohh I agree :D

Her eyes... nnnggg... she looks cute even when she's mad LOL

^This.

So the fastest way to knock out Titan Eren is to make him punch himself. Interesting.

Commander Pixis knows what he's doing.
As for Armin, I hope it's the same for him.

Ian is a great leader who thinks things through. And is good at observation.
Ian: Defend your boyfriend.
Mikasa: *blushes* He's my family.

Hopefully, Titan Eren covers the damn hole already.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 23, 2013 1:38 AM

Feb 2013
Wooooooohooooooo!

Everything about this episode was great.

I don't think I need to say anymore.
Jun 23, 2013 1:39 AM

Jun 2010
That Mikasa blush!

Action is still epic as ever.

I swear SnK have the best OSTs of all time. It just fits so well. Every fucking episode!! Grrr.

Lol at the trolls haters. Get real! Seriously.

JustALEX said:

LOL (y)
Jun 23, 2013 1:40 AM

Nov 2011
Love the Jean scenes. <3 Jean in general.
The Art of Eight
Jun 23, 2013 1:43 AM

Jun 2009
Jesus Christ the pacing is terrible. DRAG ALL DAY LONG. Oh and I also loved the 2 minute recap. And the stills.
loghneckbeardJun 26, 2013 12:49 PM
Jun 23, 2013 2:15 AM

Jun 2008
alexkeev said:
where's all this complaining about the pace coming from? it's been like this the whole time and no one complained before -_- i like the way it's done and it doesn't feel dragged out to me at all even having read the manga.

Haven't read the manga ether but the last few episodes where obviously dragged. I don't see how you can't recognize this. This whole episode was just Eren getting out of his illusions.
Jun 23, 2013 2:28 AM

Aug 2008
Things do seem a bit stretched, but I'm enjoying these episodes and all the tension. I just wish the show wouldn't cut away from the titans eating people, though we all still know what's happening. For me, Armin was this episode's standout character. Though Mikasa is still incredibly awesome.

Jun 23, 2013 2:59 AM
Feb 2012
Even if the pace is considered slow, which in my eyes isn't really the case, it's 1. for building suspense and 2. to stall some time for the studio to catch a break. I've heard they're quite stressed due to all the work required for making this anime and that's also why there's going to be a recap episode. If that means that future episodes will be top-notch again (i.e. less stills), I'm all for it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 23, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2011
Fireego said:
mixordia said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
dat Mikasa blush. kawaiiii <3

Ohh I agree :D

^This.

Defend your boyfriend.
Mikasa: *blushes* He's my family.

Love this bit XD

EREN FINALLY GOT HIS SHIT TOGETHER

NEXT EPISODE IS GOING TO BE EPIC HELLZ YEEEAHHH!!!!! :DDDDD
Jun 23, 2013 3:19 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was much better. But the cliffhangers was just the worst.
Jun 23, 2013 3:22 AM

May 2011
They STILL didn’t finish this arc? Oh god, this is getting as dragged out as those "infinite shounen animes".

At least this was a much better episode than the last two. Things were actualy moving, for a change! They really need to learn how to make long dialogues more enjoyable, not just show mostly static images while it happens. At least we got quite some action this week to break it up. Mikasa was surprisingly cute, too--and badass as usual, thankfully. :)

And holy fucking shit the OST. THE OST! <3 Those amazing songs had better be on the first OST release or I’ll go crazy. :D
Jun 23, 2013 3:28 AM
Mar 2013
This is getting slower.

Next episode better pick up the pace.
Jun 23, 2013 3:32 AM

May 2009
Next episode Eren is going to pick up the rock and carry it the entire episode with a continuation of Jean's adventure. OMG IT'S GOING TO BE SO SLOW, NOTHING HAPPUUUUUUUUUN. Also stills.

I'm looking forward to the downtime after the Trost arc. I definitely think WIT made the correct decision showing the flashback stuff in episode 3-4, because I doubt that the majority of the viewers could take four to five weeks in a row of "nothing but talking" + a recap episode.
stAtic91Jun 23, 2013 3:37 AM
Jun 23, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty cool episode, but I want more Titan!Eren action!
Mikasa you're so cute!
Armin, oh Armin! If not for you who know what could happen with Eren!
and...
I want OST! Amazing! *.*
Jun 23, 2013 3:46 AM

Nov 2012
Blablabla such an exciting show but blablabla all episode long, the cliffhangers, my word it's painful.

Jun 23, 2013 3:49 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder some of you I never turned on TV,
and started watching some tv series,
from episode 24 or 30?
I believe you immediately watch all tv show from first episode.

Of course, there will be flashbacks/recap episode,
because some people in Japan just by chance started watching it.

Here example: somebody tell someone:
Oh, check out SNK, is pretty cool!
And this person will don't start watching SNK from new episode (ex. 13),
but starts from first.

I don't understand why are you so complain flashbacks/recap episodes.
Just like you never start watching TV shows from from the center of series.
Jun 23, 2013 3:56 AM

Oct 2012
hey girls out there.... defend your boyfriends!
plz blush like Mikasa. U'll be cuter =)

Jun 23, 2013 4:03 AM

May 2011
LittleStar said:
I wonder some of you I never turned on TV,
and started watching some tv series,
from episode 24 or 30?
I believe you immediately watch all tv show from first episode.

Of course, there will be flashbacks/recap episode,
because some people in Japan just by chance started watching it.

Here example: somebody tell someone:
Oh, check out SNK, is pretty cool!
And this person will don't start watching SNK from new episode (ex. 13),
but starts from first.

I don't understand why are you so complain flashbacks/recap episodes.
Just like you never start watching TV shows from from the center of series.

Because they aren’t necessary. Even if you do get interested in something, you obviously won’t start watching it from the middle. Recaps aren’t there for that, they’re there to remind you what happened, because there are weekly (or more) breaks between each episode. That should be their only purpose, not to allow you to watch from a certain episode onwards - by that logic, they would need to make each episode a recap one, in case people started watching just now. Even though the 2 minute recaps at the start of each episode are quite unnecessary (most of the other anime I’ve seen don’t have them, and it works fine), they aren’t really such a problem. The whole upcoming recap will be, though.

They have only about 25 episodes for the anime, yet, they treat it like they have 100+. Everything is painfully dragged out and slow, repeated nearly every episode, making it painfully obvious they’re stretching it as hard as they can. That is the main problem. They shouldn’t have the time to waste episodes like that, yet they still do. And then they throw in a recap episode after just 13 eps. Why? It’s almost as if they treat their viewers as a bunch of idiots who can’t even remember the damn plot for a week.
Jun 23, 2013 4:06 AM

Oct 2009
Because i was born to this world! Dam that really got me o.o

I don't really mind the pace much at all, last bit was great, but yeah its painful to wait another week T_T

Mikasa BLUSHING!! >.<!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 23, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2008
@Vokoca,
So you every TV serial what is broadcast in your country (no anime),
you watch since first episode?
You never start watched something in TV just from boredom and start like it?

Now, if we talk about anime.
You are fan, so of course you don't start watching something from the middle,
because you don't watch this show on TV,
you can watch in online whenever you want.

For some Japanese people anime is just ordinary series,
they just turn on tv and start watching some anime,
because there is nothing else to do and they start watching it.

--------
Edit.
Let's don't forget why he have flashbacks/recap episode,
because anime staff also need some break?
Maybe they should make week without episode,
instead spend time for edit old episodes and making few new moments for episode.
LittleStarJun 23, 2013 4:43 AM
Jun 23, 2013 4:28 AM
Jul 2010
PoeticJustice said:
HollowV2 said:
ssjokg said:
PoeticJustice said:
Amarrez said:
PoeticJustice said:
There is only 2 things I want to happen to Mikasa.

Either:

A) She dies

or

B) Becomes a good character.

Realistically, I don't see either of those things happening. I want more Levi though, much more interesting than Mikasa or Eren. He should be MC.

Well, there's always option C)

Well, that is good as well. I just don't like Mikasa, she is overpowered and that ruins the immersion that the show originally provided. The titans are no longer to be feared because she is so damned powerful. I was hoping Eren at least crippled her but apparently that was too much to ask for.
What if she turns out to not be the overpowered one?I am sure you know that Levi is better than her after reading manga readers' posts in the subforum.

A bunch of bitches above. You only enjoy male characters taking the lead. You only say that you want more levi and are tired with Mikasa because you know Mikasa already, and want to bitch about things staying the same. I'd be fine with Mikasa as the main character and Levi going off to suck a big dick somewhere else, like he does in all the yaoi you losers are into.

My problem isn't with Mikasa being a woman, my problem is that SHE IS A BAD CHARACTER. She is overpowered, and she has an unrealistic devotion to Eren to the point of obsession. She is just a waifu character. I thought Levi would be different but it turns out I was wrong as well.

Okay, I'm getting sick of this. You have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever and are spouting a bunch of crap for no good reason.

Mikasa is not just a waifu character. She's a deconstruction of a typical waifu character. She's also a profoundly flawed character if you look past the surface.

First off, most waifu characters are helpless and weak. Mikasa is not and is far more powerful than Eren. Secondly, Mikasa's devotion to Eren is a profound character flaw, causing her to selfishly lose the will to live, almost abandon her duties several times, and lose focus in the middle of battle because of Eren. The reason why she is "overpowered" and "unrealistically devoted"? Because Eren saved her life as a kid, and now she clearly wants to pay him back. Also, he told her to fight. This must have triggered something deep in her and caused her to fight and fight incredibly well. Mikasa is powerful, but she is definitely not infallible, and it's not like her ability to kill a few titans here and there is really going to make a difference in the long run.

Levi is FAR more of a Mary Sue than Mikasa and is much, much more stupidly overpowered. He lacks Mikasa's flaws and limitations, as well. The fact that you praised him WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HIM while bashing Mikasa reveals not only your stupidity but some kind of a hidden sexist nature.

You're ridiculous.
Jun 23, 2013 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
The pace is a bit slow, but I don't really mind it was a good episode.
Mikasa's blush was so cute. I just can't hate this anime.

4/5 for this episode.
Jun 23, 2013 5:20 AM

Apr 2010
Monad said:
alexkeev said:
where's all this complaining about the pace coming from? it's been like this the whole time and no one complained before -_- i like the way it's done and it doesn't feel dragged out to me at all even having read the manga.

Haven't read the manga ether but the last few episodes where obviously dragged. I don't see how you can't recognize this. This whole episode was just Eren getting out of his illusions.

Because it isn't being dragged or stretched. The anime has done 1-1.5 chapters per episode since ep1.
If you think the pace of the story is slow, then so be it, but the anime isn't doing anything to make it slower or drag out the arc.

I can only imagine the tears if they have shown those 2 training episodes immediately after this arc, like how it was in the manga.
antonnJun 23, 2013 5:23 AM
Jun 23, 2013 5:54 AM

May 2013
blushing mikasa is cute
i don't know why, but eren's voice annoyed me more than it should
Jun 23, 2013 6:00 AM

Dec 2009
I... I'm not excited anymore.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 23, 2013 6:29 AM
Apr 2008
Awful pacing, was slow in the Manga but this is getting a tad tedious... The still's and everything being so static just exacerbates it. A little bit faster pacing and better animation would have made this adaption much better. :/

Next arc should pick up the pacing when Levi arrives.
Jun 23, 2013 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
alexkeev said:
no one complained before -_-

Then you should know better.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 23, 2013 6:46 AM
Oct 2012
Pure awesomeness. Loved the suspense. And armin is getting much importance. As usual Mikasa at her best. Next epi gonna be awesome :-)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Jun 23, 2013 7:02 AM

Jan 2012
The episode had more action compared to the previous last two episodes but yet again nothing remarkable, it sure felt somehow dragged out but no objection as the anime is based on a monthly release manga but on another note this is what they call suspense building.

Nevertheless the episode also had its wins, definitely Mikasa's blush was the major win, also the amount of titans getting wiped out was too high, intense drama and suspense kept building as everyone fights to protect Eren, Armin trying to get through to Eren by reminding him of why he wanted to see the outside world, and the burning scene where Eren finally wakes up was awesome too , also Jean and the others getting in the picture was uplifting.
Hopefully next week episode would have the climax of this arc.
marshallooJun 23, 2013 7:06 AM
Jun 23, 2013 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
Do they seriously think that people's memory is so bad, that they have to show what happened thus far in every single episode? I mean this time it was two minutes long. Why do they even make a recap episode 14?
.................................................................................
Jun 23, 2013 7:22 AM

Feb 2013
Well it was better than the last episode
but the begining of the episode seemed to drag...
Jun 23, 2013 7:49 AM

Jun 2009
So Eren didn't budge when Mikasa talked some sense to him while Armin succeeded?

OTP and I'm somewhat okay with it.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1652 by savvyOW »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1554 by bohhhh_ciao »»
Apr 30, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.