Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2013 7:17 PM
Oct 2010
BTW did anyone else laugh when Haruto and Saki were talking then shoko appears with marie and suddenly 20 people appear out of no where, like they were just waiting for to pounce? lol
Jun 13, 2013 7:18 PM
Oct 2010
JeffxBrian said:
el_putazo said:
That's mah boy, get some...
Saki giving in just like that...wasn't expecting that.

Anyway things got really interesting imo, can't wait for next week's episode.

She didn't give in. She was overpowered. She exhibited being raped by being emotionless and calling it a curse. Doesn't mean she gave in. She just lost.

Why are you guys saying she got raped? If looked like Haruto got raped TBH, dude woke up with his clothes torn to shreds and curled in a ball and she's just there with her jacket in hand checking the interwebs.
Jun 13, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
o_o im surprised but then again not really rape since she stop resisting soon after we all know saki likes haruto anyway

Get out and rethink what you just said.

fucking hell.

keeenu060 said:
Still waiting for the Purple Valvrave pilot. My thoughts were that its going to be Akira, but considering purple will most likely be active by episode 12, it would be kinda out of character and convenient how she would free herself from Otaku mode and jump on Purple in the span of 2 episodes, especially since Episode 11 will most likely revolve around Haruto and Saki.
i think clearly this is proper analysis dont u forgot a few episodes back saki kissed haru? dude u the one who need a chill pill

Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 13, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
Fai said:

Shouko gets killed.
Otaku mode is deactivated via berserk.

I like that theory.
Jun 13, 2013 7:21 PM

May 2009
Fai said:
Shouko gets killed.

Her brother is more likely to die.
Jun 13, 2013 7:22 PM
May 2010
Rape is bad mmmmkay.

that aside it was a great ep.
Jun 13, 2013 7:23 PM
Feb 2013
skudoops said:
JeffxBrian said:
el_putazo said:

She didn't give in. She was overpowered. She exhibited being raped by being emotionless and calling it a curse. Doesn't mean she gave in. She just lost.

Why are you guys saying she got raped? If looked like Haruto got raped TBH, dude woke up with his clothes torn to shreds and curled in a ball and she's just there with her jacket in hand checking the interwebs.

Look up how rape victims react. Haruto had no obvious control. He did not get raped because he was not forced by her. His body did the raping.

Also how she was sitting there to me looked like she was emotionless. Kind of like "Shoko just won." Did no one pay attention to her dialogue or expression?

Nov 2011
Should change the series title to Valvrape.

Well, beside that part everything else is just meh.

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:
Everyone here..seems to have skipped this. "I see, this is a curse." Saki was raped and I feel bad for her. She might have liked Haruto but not to the point of giving herself to him. Just because she accepted the curse doesn't mean it was not rape. It started off as rape and she got scared and accepted it which still means rape.

This might hinder her and Haruto's relationship. She may fear him or have problems afterwards. She might even stop liking him.

I don't like Shoko x Haruto. They are both too alike. She's only trying to cheer up everyone instead of moping around. She's a good leader. Instead of talking about solutions, she's bringing everyone's spirits up. This means people will be more willing and happy to work.

The solutions don't have to come from the ambassador. There can be a treasurer and other positions for people like that. A figurehead is just that. She's a leader and makes good decisions. A festival is what everyone needs.

I would prefer L-elf x Shoko because they're opposites and L-elf couldn't predict Shoko's announcement. Saki is opposite of Haruto and more willing to shoot someone. She gets what she wants. Haruto is a pansy and needs someone like that and not happy go lucky Shoko. I prefer them being friends since they are so alike.
its not a rape saki kissed haru few episodes back we all know she got a thing for him
Jun 13, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2007
el_putazo said:
skudoops said:
BTW did anyone else laugh when Haruto and Saki were talking then shoko appears with marie and suddenly 20 people appear out of no where, like they were just waiting for to pounce? lol
Lol yes.
skudoops said:
JeffxBrian said:
el_putazo said:

I was just about to type that, if she was "raped" she wouldn't just be there just chillin.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Just step back. And if you are interpeting a nearly-catatonic girl as "chilling" then there's something REALLY wrong with you.

JeffxBrian said:
el_putazo said:

What's more importantly, EVEN if she WERE to give in -it would STILL be rape, since she was STILL forcefully coerced into sex against her will (although in this case its double rape with VVV-tan raping them both, but still)

bastek66 said:
Fai said:
Shouko gets killed.

Her brother is more likely to die.

TO be frank.

Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
Fai said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
o_o im surprised but then again not really rape since she stop resisting soon after we all know saki likes haruto anyway

fucking hell.

keeenu060 said:
Still waiting for the Purple Valvrave pilot. My thoughts were that its going to be Akira, but considering purple will most likely be active by episode 12, it would be kinda out of character and convenient how she would free herself from Otaku mode and jump on Purple in the span of 2 episodes, especially since Episode 11 will most likely revolve around Haruto and Saki.
i think clearly this is proper analysis dont u forgot a few episodes back saki kissed haru? dude u the one who need a chill pill

So..it's okay to rape a girl because she kissed you a week ago? lol..that was not sex. A kiss doesn't mean "lets have sex now"

Jul 2012
yesy92 said:
I hope she's pregnant. I wanna see a space vampire baby.
Me too!!!!
Jun 13, 2013 7:27 PM

Jul 2009
LMAO.
THIS ANIME. HOLY FUARK. 10/10.
srs.
semi-srs.
8/10 for the lulz.
Jun 13, 2013 7:28 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
JeffxBrian said:
Everyone here..seems to have skipped this. "I see, this is a curse." Saki was raped and I feel bad for her. She might have liked Haruto but not to the point of giving herself to him. Just because she accepted the curse doesn't mean it was not rape. It started off as rape and she got scared and accepted it which still means rape.

This might hinder her and Haruto's relationship. She may fear him or have problems afterwards. She might even stop liking him.

I don't like Shoko x Haruto. They are both too alike. She's only trying to cheer up everyone instead of moping around. She's a good leader. Instead of talking about solutions, she's bringing everyone's spirits up. This means people will be more willing and happy to work.

The solutions don't have to come from the ambassador. There can be a treasurer and other positions for people like that. A figurehead is just that. She's a leader and makes good decisions. A festival is what everyone needs.

I would prefer L-elf x Shoko because they're opposites and L-elf couldn't predict Shoko's announcement. Saki is opposite of Haruto and more willing to shoot someone. She gets what she wants. Haruto is a pansy and needs someone like that and not happy go lucky Shoko. I prefer them being friends since they are so alike.
its not a rape saki kissed haru few episodes back we all know she got a thing for him

People are pissing me off. If a girl is drunk and she wants sex and you're sober. That is considered rape.

if a girl likes you and you rape her. It's still rape. Liking someone is different than "oh sex in public? Lets go." Did she say anything like that? No. She liked him. But she did not want to have sex. Omg..you guys are all idiots. "She likes me" so it's sex..what logic.
Jun 13, 2013 7:29 PM

Jul 2007
JeffxBrian said:

So..it's okay to rape a girl because she kissed you a week ago? lol..that was not sex. A kiss doesn't mean "lets have sex now"

THIS.

THE ONLY thing that means "let's have sex now" is... "let's get sex now".

- If she does,not want to , but stops struggling its still rape.
- If she "gives in" its still rape.
- If she showed signs of affection towards perpetrator before, ITS STILL RAPE.
- If she wanted to but then did not, ITS STILL RAPE.
- If she was unconscious, ITS STILL RAPE.
- If she was blackmailed into it, ITS STILL RAPE.

Its frightening and horrifying and disgusting that so many people are unable to get that :/

Remember, kids, only yes, means yes.
Jun 13, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2012
Fai said:

TO be frank.

Good line of reasoning. I was wondering how the time skip would be explained and that is a pretty good guess.
Jun 13, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2008
I think there is a very good chance Haruto will fall for Saki. I mean, he will feel responsible for what happened and then they might spend more time together and he will realize he has feelings for her.

Shoko might attempt to confess but I can see her getting rejected and then it will most probably be the end of Haruto x Shoko. Since the beginning, I didn't think this relationship will happen as the two times that Haruto tried to confess got blown away for one reason or another. I just took it as a sign that it might not happen. Saki is the type of character that usually gets the guy at the end.

Saying all this, I still prefer Shoko for Haruto even if it is not likely to happen anymore. Honestly, I don't care for romance in this series and I guess I'd be happier if Haruto doesn't end up with anyone. However, that might prove a bit difficult if Saki got pregnant.

I also noticed something while Haruto was "doing it" with Saki. Their fingers were intertwined, so I saw this as more than just mere "rape". Is it possible that there are some unleashed feelings somewhere?

I like that this show is unpredictable, so I expect much more surprises in store for us.
Jun 13, 2013 7:32 PM

Feb 2013
It was a double rape. Haruto and Saki are both equally victims here.

Saki was obviously struggling at first, and just because she kissed him earlier doesn't make it okay at all.

And Haruto was possessed by a robot.

But after this I wouldn't like it if they ended up together. To many bad implications there, I guess.
Feb 2013
I will make this short because people don't read.

Shoko = Representative. Does not decide on policies alone. Good people person and cheers everyone up. High school kids. Good motivator. Great at bringing people together. She's perfect for the position.

Student Council President = Can still implement policies and ideas.

THIS IS NOT A DICTATORSHIP PEOPLE. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What Shouko said about having the festival made sense, but at the same time that's not really a reason for people to vote for her...I mean the student council president at least has some plan, and she could be one of his advisers or something instead of being the prime minister. Well I guess it's because she has charisma and is pretty influential because she's sincere. The adviser thing could also go the other way, with Shouko as the prime minister and the student council president being one of her advisers. But still...I also didn't really feel anything for her during the scene when she and Haruto were talking about her father being possibility dead :/

And wow that was unexpected...like exremely unexpected. I guess it's something like having his inner desires manifest? o_o that curse of his. But lol it did seem like he was the one who got raped in the end there when he woke up.
tingyJun 13, 2013 7:36 PM
Jun 13, 2013 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
Fai said:
ShikiAshGrave said:

fucking hell.

keeenu060 said:

ok now u forget this is anime anime rules number 1 heroes get all the girls and judging from her reaction after she have serene aura now girls after being raped don act chill like that
Jun 13, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2007
HatsumiShinogu said:

I also noticed something while Haruto was "doing it" with Saki. Their fingers were intertwined, so I saw this as more than just mere "rape". Is it possible that there are some unleashed feelings somewhere?

Feelings being there or not being there does not define rape.
Rape has a very clear definition(dictionaries put it as "the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse" and in court it does not matter on HOW the intercourse went on, the important thing is beginning and the lack of consent during the beginning of it) and its still rape.
Jun 13, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
That last scene where Haruto was just lying on the ground with his clothes torn off...He looks more of the victim rather than the rapist. IMO.

Anyway, I'm still holding out for Shoko/Haruto. I don't think that Haruto would be able to "love" Saki knowing that he raped her and all that. He might stay with her to "hold responsibility" for the act but I don't think that he would be able to love her.

Gotta admire Shoko though. That girl is strong, man! And she doesn't even need a Valvrave to stand her own ground or validate her existence! I think that Shoko is an important to remind Haruto of his humanity.

Even though he's a vampire-rapist-mecha-pilot now (-_-)
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 13, 2013 7:36 PM
Jan 2012
Purple Pilot - if the OP is any indicator, Akira has a high chance of being the next pilot. The order after Haruto/L-Elf goes Saki, Kyuma, THUNDER...and then Akira. L-Elf might even be missing Unit 2's pilot if we went by the OP...

Saki at the end said "Shouko won." There are so many interpretations of this, especially with the tone of Saki's voice:

1. Shouko won the election (obviously)
2. Saki felt Haruto took out his aggression (pent up sexual desire?) of not being able to help Shouko on herself, thus feeling no more than a replacement perhaps
3. Saki has given up on Haruto or has become petrified of him and Shouko has "won" the battle for Haruto? Doubtful...

Fun times with this show :)
Jun 13, 2013 7:37 PM

Jun 2013
now personal opinion the one who says OMG its rape! is the one putting saki down as some floozie saki likes haru and she agreed approve of it its making love not rape
Jun 13, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2013
HatsumiShinogu said:

yeah, but it's more of like Saki unleashing her feelings? She was the one who was intertwining their fingers together, right? because Haruto was taken over by the Valvrave instincts? But yeah, still rape.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 13, 2013 7:40 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:

um..are you not paying attention to the anime? She knows he didn't do it on purpose or his own will. She didn't act chill. TO me she looked out of it. She was raped and if you watch closely. It looks like she gave up instead of getting into it.
koleareJun 14, 2013 8:52 AM
Jun 13, 2013 7:41 PM

Jul 2007
AlexTheRiot said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
girls after being raped don act chill like that
inb4 "Chill?!" shitstorm

page too late :P
Jun 13, 2013 7:42 PM
Oct 2010
JeffxBrian said:

Look up how rape victims react. Haruto had no obvious control. He did not get raped because he was not forced by her. His body did the raping.

Also how she was sitting there to me looked like she was emotionless. Kind of like "Shoko just won." Did no one pay attention to her dialogue or expression?

That was a joke. I just found it funny considering how both of their states were.

Jul 2009
This was a really creepy episode. Shoko probably shouldn't be prime minister, but it doesn't give the impression that everything is going to be okay in the end. Juxtaposing her cheerful speech and victory with ... that ... makes it obvious something is very wrong and most of the school is oblivious to it. In other words, it's not "YAY! SHOKO GOT ELECTED" but "oh shit, Shoko got elected and doesn't have a plan".
誰も、未来を信じない

Nov 2012
Can't believe we are having this big of a discussion on if she was raped or not. She was raped, she realized it was because of the robots and resigned herself to it. That's it.
Oct 2010
Parasol-Lady said:
That last scene where Haruto was just lying on the ground with his clothes torn off...He looks more of the victim rather than the rapist. IMO.

Lol I know right?
Jun 13, 2013 7:43 PM

Jan 2009
what a YOLO epsiode, you only live once so do sex and do everything you want while your still young lol
Jun 13, 2013 7:45 PM
May 2012
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

That scene was actually a spoiler alert & marks the end of ep10!

So what's gonna happen next?! only 2 episodes left & is this the end of Shouko as we expected?
Jun 13, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2007
Rape or no rape I want to know why Haruto's "hunger" changed from biting to sex. I also want to know if the other pilots are going through the same thing or if it's only Haruto.

If they are all going through it then we could be seeing a typical "Vampire family takes care of town only to harvest the people for food".
Jun 13, 2013 7:47 PM
Feb 2013
DeathfireD said:
Rape or no rape I want to know why Haruto's "hunger" changed from biting to sex. I also want to know if the other pilots are going through the same thing or if it's only Haruto.

If they are all going through it then we could be seeing a typical "Vampire family takes care of town only to harvest the people for food".

His mecha is the only one with the legit rune engine. Meaning the vampire chick. The other mechas don't except the last one that isn't finish.

Maybe it's more of an instinct to reproduce instead of taking over bodies.
Jun 13, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:

Pay close attention to what VVV-tan is saying in the screens this episode.
Jun 13, 2013 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:

um..are you not paying attention to the anime? She knows he didn't do it on purpose or his own will. She didn't act chill. TO me she looked out of it. She was raped and if you watch closely. It looks like she gave up instead of getting into it.
rape is considered rape if the woman or the male don agree to it but this at first she was surprised but once she sees haru beloved face and agony she accepting him so its not really rape kinda rough yea but not rape
koleareJun 14, 2013 8:52 AM
Jun 13, 2013 7:49 PM
Feb 2013
Parasol-Lady said:
HatsumiShinogu said:

yeah, but it's more of like Saki unleashing her feelings? She was the one who was intertwining their fingers together, right? because Haruto was taken over by the Valvrave instincts? But yeah, still rape.

She gave up. Listen/read to what she said. Also she would be smiling at the end. She always smiles when she gets what she wants. This time she wasn't smiling. If she enjoyed it. She'd be smiling and taking pictures to spite Shoko.
Jun 13, 2013 7:52 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
rape is considered rape if the woman or the male don agree to it but this at first she was surprised but once she sees haru beloved face and agony she accepting him so its not really rape kinda rough yea but not rape

Again..people are twisting it to sex. Read what I said last. She gave up but she did not in anyway consent to it. She just gave up.

Read what I last said. Saki's personality is one of sly. She'd be smiling and taking pics if she had been happy about it or accepting. Her tone and expression looks like a rape victims. Haruto has no idea what happened. He did not experience it. He might be in shock but the feelings of being violated are different. He is not the victim. He's just the "omg I am a monster" guy.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote chain
koleareJun 14, 2013 8:50 AM
Jun 13, 2013 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
DeathfireD said:

well, only Haruto is shown to exhibit the "hunger" so I'm guessing it's exclusive to the VVV1 unit. Along with Valvrave-tan and the Harakiri special move.

Valvrave-tan is always saying stuff about "hunger" and sexual innuendos so...I'm still trying to work out why the blood sucking instinct turned into extreme lust....
Jun 13, 2013 7:54 PM
Feb 2013
Haruto was not raped. He did not experience it thus he is irrelevant. His body raped her. He was not there. His mind would still be stable. He just might be thinking "Wtf happened" or "I'm a monster." But he won't be in a delirious state like he got raped.
Jun 13, 2013 7:54 PM
Apr 2012
Parasol-Lady said:
DeathfireD said:

well, only Haruto is shown to exhibit the "hunger" so I'm guessing it's exclusive to the VVV1 unit. Along with Valvrave-tan and the Harakiri special move.

Valvrave-tan is always saying stuff about "hunger" and sexual innuendos so...I'm still trying to work out why the blood sucking instinct turned into extreme lust....

Haruto was obviously trying to have sex with L-Elf last episode.
Jun 13, 2013 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
Hmm just finished watching the ep....

Rape is always a tricky subject in entertainment, there's a fine line you're walking and sadly in this case it came off for me as tasteless for the purpose shock value to boost sales of the show. When used in the right context, the topic can be interesting character development or a plot device to propel the story forward in an enthralling way. This was not the case for Valvrave and I can see this easily offending people but I can stomach things well so I'll continue on
HybridMBLJun 13, 2013 8:19 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
JeffxBrian said:

Yeah, also remember she was abused by her dad and she's a celebrity, so I'm sure she knows how to mask her emotions from the public very well. In my opinion, that "serene aura" is all pretend. She's not showing Haruto anything during that scene. But I guess until the next episode verifies whether or not it was rape this discussion will continue.. .__.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote chain
koleareJun 14, 2013 8:50 AM

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥

Dec 2010
Wtf did I just watch..........

Shoko would make a terrible leader. She'd be better off as vice president or something, leaving the really big decisions up to someone who won't start tap dancing and singing at signs of trouble.

Aug 2012
squidsquid said:

Haruto was obviously trying to have sex with L-Elf last episode.

...it was only a matter of time.
Jun 13, 2013 7:56 PM
Oct 2010
Everyone saying that Saki won, she didn't. Haruto would have raped whoever he was standing near when he had that attack and got possessed, he literally wasn't in control of his body. This is just another ridiculous plot contrivance to get in the way between Haruto and Shouko because they were getting closer and didn't have a lot of conflict. I don't think he's going to choose Saki merely because of this, but that he'll shut himself out from everyone out of guilt, and Saki will milk it for all it's worth because she's a selfish bitch. At least she finally learned that there are consequences to becoming an "all powerful immortal vampire!"
I do prefer Shouko, but she's still an idiot.
Jun 13, 2013 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:
Parasol-Lady said:
HatsumiShinogu said:

She gave up. Listen/read to what she said. Also she would be smiling at the end. She always smiles when she gets what she wants. This time she wasn't smiling. If she enjoyed it. She'd be smiling and taking pictures to spite Shoko.

well, could we possibly consider that she wasn't smiling in the end because she has realized that she would never be able to compete with Shoko for AHruto's affection in the same level again? I mean she knows how "soft" Haruto can be, like I said, he could stay beside her to "hold responsibility" but he would forever be looking at her as "the person the monster-me raped".
Jun 13, 2013 7:57 PM
May 2012
JeffxBrian said:
Haruto was not raped. He did not experience it thus he is irrelevant. His body raped her. He was not there. His mind would still be stable. He just might be thinking "Wtf happened" or "I'm a monster." But he won't be in a delirious state like he got raped.

Hm... I thought so.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.